Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Employee Reviews

Educational and inspiring
Endoscopy Technician, LVN (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I loved this job opportunity everyday was new and exciting. The workplace was phenomenal I worked with a great motivating group. Physicians were very helpful and educational. I enjoyed every part of this job I learned more in depth how the GI system functioned and how colonoscopy and endoscopy was all about. The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
work with physicians and was able to get a better look and explanation of each procedure
Cons
less than 40 hours a week, hours being cut
Work there if you want to be 'owned'
Executive Administrative Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 24, 2017
If you want a 'job' with benefits, work here. you will find some very nice people who are likely, equally disenchanted. DHR requires you to take days off and use your personal time. So, should you want to work you can't. If you don't have enough PTO to cover a mandatory vacation day, they doc your pay. To that, part of the HR onboarding paperwork is to sign an agreement that says you won't sue them as an employee. You can't give away your right to counsel, but they try to get you to think that you have to to work there. It's a very screwed up Leadership team culture.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, inflexible work conditions and schedules
Productive and pleasant work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasFebruary 15, 2017
This is a very good place to work. I received some great work skills from working here. I experienced my first promotion working here. I was able to learn here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
When patients pass away.
Great place to work at
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to learn and be part of a great team! Great management support, always available to answer questions and concerns. Education opportunities.
Cons
parking
Experience
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 3, 2017
This has been my only job that I have enjoyed for the past 8 years. It is a great place to work at. The patient ratio is much less that the other local health care facilities.
Fast place, excellent therapy professionals.
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 27, 2016
Great environment, good communication between members of the therapy team. No support from the administration for someone who work to advance.
Pros
Good communication between members of the therapy team.
Cons
No support from the administration for someone who work to advance.
excellent work environtment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 18, 2016
I believe Doctors hospital at renaissance had a great management because of the clear and often communication they had with their employees. The most enjoyable part at my work place was the environment. Everyone felt like friends and family, but with the same level of professional respect.
Intresting duties to learn, not a really good place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Management requested too many duties to be completed within shift but there was not enough time, sometimes they would not even listen to an elaborate answer, they would rudely interrupt you and treat you like if they were talking to a child. After training, they reduced hours and wasn't just worth it to keep working there. Favoritism it was on at all high there, the only upside of the job was to deal with the public and help them out, few awesome coworkers that made the day go by smoothly. Work there as a last resort and look for something better.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
No room for advancement
i like the job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 28, 2016
every morning they tell every one the duties they have for the day like mi I have to clean 32 rooms every day if we finish defore ever one else we go and help the oder person to finish the duties the have to do but the end of the day.
Pros
never
Cons
one lunch time
Good Organization
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 3, 2016
12hr shifts on feet
patient care behavioral techniques
management is fair
okay coworkers
difficult clients can be exhausting
client successes are rewarding
No respect from supervisors up to top family managers.
radiology technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 17, 2016
No leadership and to many family members as managers. That would not be a problem if they were trained. Many managers are family of some higher management people. I DON'T know why most managers are female. But the percent women versus men is probably not legal. If everything done at hospital is legal why have a full time team of lawyers at hospital. Everything smells bad when hospital starts buying all different kind of doctors practices.
Pros
none that i can see.
Cons
no respect, no leadership.
Not a very good place to work at
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 4, 2016
An ok job if you're really looking for one, but not much room for growth, this place and job wasn't for me. People who are management have literally worked there for years. There's a lot of favoritism and catiness among co-workers. Like any other job there's always gonna be the great over working workers and the lazy ones. From what I observed in my really short time there is that management expects you to overwork yourself while they are just gossiping away and on their cellphones all the time. Training is not all that great, of course you gotta pick up as you go with hands on. From what I had heard is that the raises are not all that great either. I would not recommend anyone to work at DHR. I did not have a bad experience per say with co-workers, however the environment/vibe is not very welcoming and the pay is not worth it. Not to mention the parking is the worst. Literally had to get there an hour early before my shift just to find parking going round and round wasting gas . They say give it time to adjust to a new job, but I new quickly this place was not for me. I guess that's why they are always hiring, but of course they say they are growing.
Benefits
Cons
Parking, short lunches, favoritism, especially lack of team work
Very busy and productive place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 30, 2015
Never a wasted minute in the OR. We are always super busy which makes the day go by that much faster. coworkers are pleasant and teamwork is always applied.
Pros
New outpatient center built for ENT, ophthalmology!
Cons
sometimes too busy for lunch breaks
a day working at the hosiptal
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 4, 2014
My day starts with reviewing the patient collection list on our lab computer, then we also have to make sure that there is no duplicate orders that need to be cancel. After this we get our collection trays ready for the morning run, once we get to the floor to collect our patients we ask the nurses which patients are to be collected and which ones have pick lines and central lines. Once this is established we continue with our morning run.
Pros
Get a discount on our food at the hospital cafeteria
Cons
We don't get our full 30 minutes for our lunch break, and we're always under staff due to people always calling in and not showing up for work.
Gain great lab experience
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXDecember 28, 2011
This is a fast pace lab with specimens coming into the lab in batches none stop. Very State of the art laboratory with awesome analyzers and very clean.
On the other hand, because this lab is high pace and for a hospital that generate more than $1 Bil/ more a yr laboratory supplies are always short or have been depleted. Second, SOPs are not concrete therefore allowing many errors to occur during collection, processing and analyzing.
Pros
nice looking hospital
Cons
no concrete sops alway changing
Very enjoyable workplace
Internship Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 12, 2013
Doctors Hospital At Renaissance was a very productive workplace. I always had tasks and always stayed busy. Time would go by rather quickly with all the work that needed to be done. Working there as an intern was very enlightening and exposed me to a copious amount of equipment. I learned a great amount and hope to continue this learning experience that comes with this wonderful career.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Credentialing Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Provide administrative support to the Credentialing Department utilizing Microsoft Office programs, internal databases, and credentialing websites as necessary. Perform data entry, manage department email inbox, sort and distribute emails to appropriate staff, and communicate with internal and external points of contact regarding credentialing documents.
fun workplace
Guest Relations Departments (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 30, 2015
The colleagues i worked with were amazing, as a volunteer they were very patient with me. Working in guest relations allowed be to strengthen my customer service skills.
Very good work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  EdinburgJanuary 21, 2014
I am a former employee but I liked everything about this job so far many great opportunities to learn and it has been the best place I've ever worked
Pros
many
Cons
No designated smoking areas for employees, and not enough breaks to unwind, they should also consider your previous work experience and pay accordingly, and pay more differential pay for night staff
hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 9, 2014
I already gave review for doctors hospital at renaissance. Phlebotomist:
I am experience in drawing blood on newborns, infants, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. Identify patients in the outpatient lab as well as in the patient’s room. Explain the procedure that it was going to be done to the patients as well as to the family members. Order labs for outpatient labs and collect them. Use the programs in the computer like Cerner, Kronols, Path net, and Picis to look for patients and to write comments on the accounts. Order and restock supplies for the lab. Perform PKU's on newborn patients. Aside from the collections in the hospital I collected blood on patients from the Women's hospital, the Behavior, and Rehabilitation Centers. I also work as a processor in the main lab in which the specimens were receiving and process.
Pros
Short staff
Cons
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital At Renaissance. Our community is ready to answer.

Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Reviews by Location