Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Employee Reviews

Professional Workplace
Usher (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 16, 2015
Professional business and very visually pleasing. Friendly, welcoming employees who always have a smile on their face.
fun workplace
Guest Relations Departments (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 30, 2015
The colleagues i worked with were amazing, as a volunteer they were very patient with me. Working in guest relations allowed be to strengthen my customer service skills.
Very busy and productive place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 30, 2015
Never a wasted minute in the OR. We are always super busy which makes the day go by that much faster. coworkers are pleasant and teamwork is always applied.
Pros
New outpatient center built for ENT, ophthalmology!
Cons
sometimes too busy for lunch breaks
good place to learn
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 7, 2015
Amazing place to learn. If you are going into this field. Benefits not good at all. but the place and people make up for it. Again great place to learn.
Pros
On the the job teaching
Cons
Benifits
productive
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 16, 2015
i have learned ICD-10 specialist in ambulatory account as well in other departments such ERs infusion ETC

this company has help me improve on my medical skills as well improvemnt on my responsabilitys as a coder
benefits
Cons
pay rate
fun but can be very intresting
CNA / Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 24, 2015
It was an experience to learn how labor and delivery works and what it was all about considering all i have ever worked with is geriatrics. I loved it and would do again.
Pros
three day weekends off every other week
Dietary Aide Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 4, 2015
This job helped me learn a lot about how to interact with different types of people with different health conditions. I had to make sure they would get their meals of the day and deliver to them. It wasn't what I expected to do but overall it was a good experience.
Great hospital for teaching and experiencing new roles
Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 22, 2015
A great teaching hospital which offered many job and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages. Easy to come in to perform your duty.
fast paced work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 16, 2015
day goes by fast since its a fast pace place. fun and helpful co- workers. could use better communication between nurses and lab
Cons
low staff
IT'S ALL A SCAM
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  OUTREACHJanuary 23, 2015
IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW
THEY MAKE SO MUCH MONEY BUT FORGET ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES WHO HELP THEM MAKE
Cons
raises and bonuses are non existant
AVOID!!! GREEDY, SLAVE DRIVING CORPORATION
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  EdinburgJanuary 6, 2015
This place is terrible!!! Overall morale is low. The higher ups state that every employees is important and valuable, but then they don't give raises. Very under staffed and they overwork their employees instead of hiring. If you have no personal life nor dont want a personal life, then this place is perfect for you! Love ever changing schedules? This job is up your alley! Like sixty cent raises every three years? Then this is the job for you! Yes, I am bitter, because all these things happened to me and continues to happen to my ex coworkers and everyone new who comes in. Yes there have been measures to rectify the problems, but the higher ups don't care. The rich get richer by stepping on the little people instead of appreciating the fact that they wouldn't be where they're at without them. Beware!!! Doctors Hospital is like weeds and will continue to grow! It's not a good thing. Believe me.
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
everything!!!
Good intentions but...
Director (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 24, 2014
DHR is a great hospital for patient care and quality. However, for employees that care and quality is lacking. Morale is low overall. I think there are some quality leaders there. Great CEO but other executives are in serious need of some leadership training.
Pros
reputable hospital
Cons
no work-life balance, some incompetent leaders
Great experience
Biomedical Electronics Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Was doing internship here got great experience and my supervisor was awesome
hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 9, 2014
I already gave review for doctors hospital at renaissance. Phlebotomist:
I am experience in drawing blood on newborns, infants, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. Identify patients in the outpatient lab as well as in the patient’s room. Explain the procedure that it was going to be done to the patients as well as to the family members. Order labs for outpatient labs and collect them. Use the programs in the computer like Cerner, Kronols, Path net, and Picis to look for patients and to write comments on the accounts. Order and restock supplies for the lab. Perform PKU's on newborn patients. Aside from the collections in the hospital I collected blood on patients from the Women's hospital, the Behavior, and Rehabilitation Centers. I also work as a processor in the main lab in which the specimens were receiving and process.
Pros
short staff
Cons
good benefits
a day working at the hosiptal
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 4, 2014
My day starts with reviewing the patient collection list on our lab computer, then we also have to make sure that there is no duplicate orders that need to be cancel. After this we get our collection trays ready for the morning run, once we get to the floor to collect our patients we ask the nurses which patients are to be collected and which ones have pick lines and central lines. Once this is established we continue with our morning run.
Pros
get a discount on our food at the hospital cafeteria
Cons
we don't get our full 30 minutes for our lunch break, and we're always under staff due to people always calling in and not showing up for work.
Fast growing company
Patient Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 21, 2014
Fastest growing hospital in the Rio Grande Valley. Was honored to be part of the team.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
work extra days.
Productive and interesting place to work
RN Clinical Informatics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 18, 2014
Typical day consists of teaching NEO employees about CERNER, EMR systems that DHR uses.
Pros
awesome food
friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 16, 2014
easy turn overs of patients ... Frequent admissions and discharges
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
slow salary increase
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Credentialing Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Provide administrative support to the Credentialing Department utilizing Microsoft Office programs, internal databases, and credentialing websites as necessary. Perform data entry, manage department email inbox, sort and distribute emails to appropriate staff, and communicate with internal and external points of contact regarding credentialing documents.
Very good work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  EdinburgJanuary 21, 2014
I am a former employee but I liked everything about this job so far many great opportunities to learn and it has been the best place I've ever worked
Pros
many
Cons
no designated smoking areas for employees, and not enough breaks to unwind, they should also consider your previous work experience and pay accordingly, and pay more differential pay for night staff