Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Employee Reviews

productive
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
i have learned ICD-10 specialist in ambulatory account as well in other departments such ERs infusion ETC

this company has help me improve on my medical skills as well improvemnt on my responsabilitys as a coder
fun but can be very intresting
CNA / Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: three day weekends off every other week
Cons: none
It was an experience to learn how labor and delivery works and what it was all about considering all i have ever worked with is geriatrics. I loved it and would do again.
Dietary Aide Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 4, 2015
This job helped me learn a lot about how to interact with different types of people with different health conditions. I had to make sure they would get their meals of the day and deliver to them. It wasn't what I expected to do but overall it was a good experience.
Great hospital for teaching and experiencing new roles
Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXFebruary 22, 2015
A great teaching hospital which offered many job and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages. Easy to come in to perform your duty.
fast paced work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: low staff
day goes by fast since its a fast pace place. fun and helpful co- workers. could use better communication between nurses and lab
IT'S ALL A SCAM
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), OUTREACHJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: raises and bonuses are non existant
IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW
THEY MAKE SO MUCH MONEY BUT FORGET ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES WHO HELP THEM MAKE
AVOID!!! GREEDY, SLAVE DRIVING CORPORATION
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), EdinburgJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: none whatsoever
Cons: everything!!!
This place is terrible!!! Overall morale is low. The higher ups state that every employees is important and valuable, but then they don't give raises. Very under staffed and they overwork their employees instead of hiring. If you have no personal life nor dont want a personal life, then this place is perfect for you! Love ever changing schedules? This job is up your alley! Like sixty cent raises every three years? Then this is the job for you! Yes, I am bitter, because all these things happened to me and continues to happen to my ex coworkers and everyone new who comes in. Yes there have been measures to rectify the problems, but the higher ups don't care. The rich get richer by stepping on the little people instead of appreciating the fact that they wouldn't be where they're at without them. Beware!!! Doctors Hospital is like weeds and will continue to grow! It's not a good thing. Believe me.
Good intentions but...
Director (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: reputable hospital
Cons: no work-life balance, some incompetent leaders
DHR is a great hospital for patient care and quality. However, for employees that care and quality is lacking. Morale is low overall. I think there are some quality leaders there. Great CEO but other executives are in serious need of some leadership training.
Great experience
Biomedical Electronics Technician Internship (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Was doing internship here got great experience and my supervisor was awesome
hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: short staff
Cons: good benefits
I already gave review for doctors hospital at renaissance. Phlebotomist:
I am experience in drawing blood on newborns, infants, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. Identify patients in the outpatient lab as well as in the patient’s room. Explain the procedure that it was going to be done to the patients as well as to the family members. Order labs for outpatient labs and collect them. Use the programs in the computer like Cerner, Kronols, Path net, and Picis to look for patients and to write comments on the accounts. Order and restock supplies for the lab. Perform PKU's on newborn patients. Aside from the collections in the hospital I collected blood on patients from the Women's hospital, the Behavior, and Rehabilitation Centers. I also work as a processor in the main lab in which the specimens were receiving and process.
a day working at the hosiptal
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: get a discount on our food at the hospital cafeteria
Cons: we don't get our full 30 minutes for our lunch break, and we're always under staff due to people always calling in and not showing up for work.
My day starts with reviewing the patient collection list on our lab computer, then we also have to make sure that there is no duplicate orders that need to be cancel. After this we get our collection trays ready for the morning run, once we get to the floor to collect our patients we ask the nurses which patients are to be collected and which ones have pick lines and central lines. Once this is established we continue with our morning run.
Fast growing company
Patient Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: work extra days.
Fastest growing hospital in the Rio Grande Valley. Was honored to be part of the team.
Productive and interesting place to work
RN Clinical Informatics Analyst (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: awesome food
Typical day consists of teaching NEO employees about CERNER, EMR systems that DHR uses.
friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXMarch 16, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: slow salary increase
easy turn overs of patients ... Frequent admissions and discharges
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Credentialing Associate (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Provide administrative support to the Credentialing Department utilizing Microsoft Office programs, internal databases, and credentialing websites as necessary. Perform data entry, manage department email inbox, sort and distribute emails to appropriate staff, and communicate with internal and external points of contact regarding credentialing documents.
Very good work environment
CNA (Former Employee), EdinburgJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: many
Cons: no designated smoking areas for employees, and not enough breaks to unwind, they should also consider your previous work experience and pay accordingly, and pay more differential pay for night staff
I am a former employee but I liked everything about this job so far many great opportunities to learn and it has been the best place I've ever worked
Very enjoyable workplace
Internship Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 12, 2013
Doctors Hospital At Renaissance was a very productive workplace. I always had tasks and always stayed busy. Time would go by rather quickly with all the work that needed to be done. Working there as an intern was very enlightening and exposed me to a copious amount of equipment. I learned a great amount and hope to continue this learning experience that comes with this wonderful career.
Biggest regret ever leaving
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXJuly 29, 2013
Nurses are great, kind and always willing to help each other out. I loved working here, it was a fast paced environment but it made the night go by quick
This is NOT a good company to work for.
Professional (Former Employee), HospitalNovember 30, 2012
Cons: everything!!
Beware!! These selfish guys just cut employees' PTO accrual drastically so that doctors could make their MILLIONS!! Salaries are all over the place!! Two professionals with EXACT credentials have 20,000 dollar differences!! No joke!! STAY AWAY!!
Staying under the radar
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 23, 2012
I learned that there are people in this world who will hang you out to dry; and not care about the consequences.