Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Employee Reviews in United States

Intresting duties to learn, not a really good place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Management requested too many duties to be completed within shift but there was not enough time, sometimes they would not even listen to an elaborate answer, they would rudely interrupt you and treat you like if they were talking to a child. After training, they reduced hours and wasn't just worth it to keep working there. Favoritism it was on at all high there, the only upside of the job was to deal with the public and help them out, few awesome coworkers that made the day go by smoothly. Work there as a last resort and look for something better.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
No room for advancement
excellent work environtment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 18, 2016
I believe Doctors hospital at renaissance had a great management because of the clear and often communication they had with their employees. The most enjoyable part at my work place was the environment. Everyone felt like friends and family, but with the same level of professional respect.
No respect from supervisors up to top family managers.
radiology technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 17, 2016
No leadership and to many family members as managers. That would not be a problem if they were trained. Many managers are family of some higher management people. I DON'T know why most managers are female. But the percent women versus men is probably not legal. If everything done at hospital is legal why have a full time team of lawyers at hospital. Everything smells bad when hospital starts buying all different kind of doctors practices.
Pros
none that i can see.
Cons
no respect, no leadership.
i like the job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 28, 2016
every morning they tell every one the duties they have for the day like mi I have to clean 32 rooms every day if we finish defore ever one else we go and help the oder person to finish the duties the have to do but the end of the day.
Pros
never
Cons
one lunch time
Good Organization
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 3, 2016
12hr shifts on feet
patient care behavioral techniques
management is fair
okay coworkers
difficult clients can be exhausting
client successes are rewarding
fun workplace
Guest Relations Departments (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 30, 2015
The colleagues i worked with were amazing, as a volunteer they were very patient with me. Working in guest relations allowed be to strengthen my customer service skills.
Professional Workplace
Usher (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 16, 2015
Professional business and very visually pleasing. Friendly, welcoming employees who always have a smile on their face.
productive
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 16, 2015
i have learned ICD-10 specialist in ambulatory account as well in other departments such ERs infusion ETC

this company has help me improve on my medical skills as well improvemnt on my responsabilitys as a coder
benefits
Cons
pay rate
good place to learn
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 7, 2015
Amazing place to learn. If you are going into this field. Benefits not good at all. but the place and people make up for it. Again great place to learn.
Pros
On the the job teaching
Cons
Benifits
fun but can be very intresting
CNA / Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 24, 2015
It was an experience to learn how labor and delivery works and what it was all about considering all i have ever worked with is geriatrics. I loved it and would do again.
Pros
three day weekends off every other week
Dietary Aide Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 4, 2015
This job helped me learn a lot about how to interact with different types of people with different health conditions. I had to make sure they would get their meals of the day and deliver to them. It wasn't what I expected to do but overall it was a good experience.
Avoid!!! Greedy, slave driving corporation
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  EdinburgJanuary 6, 2015
This place is terrible!!! Overall morale is low. The higher ups state that every employees is important and valuable, but then they don't give raises. Very under staffed and they overwork their employees instead of hiring. If you have no personal life nor dont want a personal life, then this place is perfect for you! Love ever changing schedules? This job is up your alley! Like sixty cent raises every three years? Then this is the job for you! Yes, I am bitter, because all these things happened to me and continues to happen to my ex coworkers and everyone new who comes in. Yes there have been measures to rectify the problems, but the higher ups don't care. The rich get richer by stepping on the little people instead of appreciating the fact that they wouldn't be where they're at without them. Beware!!! Doctors Hospital is like weeds and will continue to grow! It's not a good thing. Believe me.
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
everything!!!
a day working at the hosiptal
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 4, 2014
My day starts with reviewing the patient collection list on our lab computer, then we also have to make sure that there is no duplicate orders that need to be cancel. After this we get our collection trays ready for the morning run, once we get to the floor to collect our patients we ask the nurses which patients are to be collected and which ones have pick lines and central lines. Once this is established we continue with our morning run.
Pros
get a discount on our food at the hospital cafeteria
Cons
we don't get our full 30 minutes for our lunch break, and we're always under staff due to people always calling in and not showing up for work.
Good intentions but...
Director (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 24, 2014
DHR is a great hospital for patient care and quality. However, for employees that care and quality is lacking. Morale is low overall. I think there are some quality leaders there. Great CEO but other executives are in serious need of some leadership training.
Pros
reputable hospital
Cons
no work-life balance, some incompetent leaders
Gain great lab experience
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXDecember 28, 2011
This is a fast pace lab with specimens coming into the lab in batches none stop. Very State of the art laboratory with awesome analyzers and very clean.
On the other hand, because this lab is high pace and for a hospital that generate more than $1 Bil/ more a yr laboratory supplies are always short or have been depleted. Second, SOPs are not concrete therefore allowing many errors to occur during collection, processing and analyzing.
Pros
nice looking hospital
Cons
no concrete sops alway changing
Very enjoyable workplace
Internship Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 12, 2013
Doctors Hospital At Renaissance was a very productive workplace. I always had tasks and always stayed busy. Time would go by rather quickly with all the work that needed to be done. Working there as an intern was very enlightening and exposed me to a copious amount of equipment. I learned a great amount and hope to continue this learning experience that comes with this wonderful career.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Credentialing Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Provide administrative support to the Credentialing Department utilizing Microsoft Office programs, internal databases, and credentialing websites as necessary. Perform data entry, manage department email inbox, sort and distribute emails to appropriate staff, and communicate with internal and external points of contact regarding credentialing documents.
hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 9, 2014
I already gave review for doctors hospital at renaissance. Phlebotomist:
I am experience in drawing blood on newborns, infants, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. Identify patients in the outpatient lab as well as in the patient’s room. Explain the procedure that it was going to be done to the patients as well as to the family members. Order labs for outpatient labs and collect them. Use the programs in the computer like Cerner, Kronols, Path net, and Picis to look for patients and to write comments on the accounts. Order and restock supplies for the lab. Perform PKU's on newborn patients. Aside from the collections in the hospital I collected blood on patients from the Women's hospital, the Behavior, and Rehabilitation Centers. I also work as a processor in the main lab in which the specimens were receiving and process.
Pros
short staff
Cons
good benefits
Great hospital for teaching and experiencing new roles
Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 22, 2015
A great teaching hospital which offered many job and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages. Easy to come in to perform your duty.
Very good work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  EdinburgJanuary 21, 2014
I am a former employee but I liked everything about this job so far many great opportunities to learn and it has been the best place I've ever worked
Pros
many
Cons
no designated smoking areas for employees, and not enough breaks to unwind, they should also consider your previous work experience and pay accordingly, and pay more differential pay for night staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital At Renaissance. Our community is ready to answer.

Doctors Hospital At Renaissance Reviews by Location