Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews

Work Heavy but pay is low
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 20, 2017
Staff is fine but pay is to low
Company is in flux
They are doing the best they can but the company is not helping
Short staff and spreading them thin
Pros
Staff
CNA/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 11, 2017
Its without a doubt the most cozy place to work.It has a small town feel that i certainly appreciated it.Another great aspect was that management was terrific. Felt very well takened care off.
Hospital in financial trouble
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 8, 2017
Did consulting work only.Dr. Hospital closed in 2003. Employees were let go without notice; those who were regular. There is nothing more to say since the facility is closed.
Pros
Contract work was good
Cons
Disorganized orginization
Total team atmosphere
Assistant Director Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 8, 2017
Everyone at Doctors worked to provide excellent patient experience. Changes in ownership and services began to change employee attitudes and outlook. .
Currently Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 5, 2017
Doctors Hospital shows that team work leads to an efficient work place. On an average day I am in contact with numerous departments involved with patient care as well as assisting my coworkers in my department. I have learned valuable information involving insurance, however, more importantly, I have learned how to effectively work alongside people from different backgrounds, ages, and professions. The hardest part of my job would be multi-tasking, although, I have become extremely talented in this regard because the job demands it.
I love Doctors Hospital
Patient Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 25, 2017
It is the best place to be your best. I have worked here for almost 9 years and if I was not relocating to Orlando I would still work here. It is a great hospital. Great staff, great patients, great physicians!
management
RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2017
I was promoted quickly and even though the work hours were long I learned a lot about how to be a leader and team player. Made it a point to treat all the employees with respect.
Pros
Learned alot about management
Doctors Hospital
O.R. Aide (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2017
Doctors Hospital has an amazing staff and a great culture to work with. I look forward for opportunities to advance. The friendly staff make it easy to adjust to the team without feeling left out.
Pros
Hours, Management is positive and culture is freindly
good place to work
RVT 2 (Current Employee) –  miami floridaJune 19, 2017
Good place to work but they do not have part time or full time positions, positions are mostly per diem. Not to much opportunity to grow within the company.
Very understaffed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2017
Worked at Doctor's hospital for 9 months. The place was very busy with a high turnover. PACU coverage did not extend to the evening hours, nurses were expected to stay over scheduled shifts to cover the patient care gap. Nurses and tech were regularly fired for too much overtime. They really did try to make sure people got their lunches. Its too bad that they would not fully staff the evening coverage. This place could have been a great place to work even with its quirks had they taken care of basic staffing issues. I offered up solutions which fell on death ears. Quite frankly if its a finance issue then let nurses and techs resign.
Pros
Co-workers were nice, management was nice. The CEO made a presence and knew you by name and he seemed very approachable.
Cons
Extremely short staffed, very disorganized, managers played favorites with some nurses and techs while others were totally disregarded.
Great environment to work in
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 15, 2017
Everyone is friendly at Doctors. I enjoy being part of the team at Doctors. A typical day at work is good and I know that I have my peers and supervisors there to help if needed. The hardest part of the job is not having enough help at times. Sometimes the staffing grid doesn't take into account the acuity of the patients.
volunteer help work
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  8118 Good Luck RdJune 11, 2017
the day was fine i just helped the nurses and task fulfill their additional responsibilities the staff were very encouraging and the patients were a joy to help
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing much to do
Adequate experience and environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 9, 2017
Innovative and progressive environment and culture. Quality team and overall staff. Enjoyed taking care of a wide range of patients. This facility is now closed.
i am helping some doctors in surgeries
SURGICAL FIRST ASSIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
i help some surgeon in OR
as surgical first assist , i do not work for the hospital
i work for group of Orthopedics and spine doctors
OR staff is help full
Student in training
Renaissance - Student in training (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 26, 2017
I loved the environment and I learned so much doing hands-on along-side the nurses. Everyday held different tasks and I was allowed to take on a lot of responsibilities that gave me the experience that I needed in order to know that I want to go through with the nursing program at South Texas College.
Awesome learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 26, 2017
This clinic is a great place great place to learn. The therapists are great at teaching students. The physicians are great with the patients and take care of all their patients.
Very busy job
Staff Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 26, 2017
The job was very busy, Patient to staff ration was high. The hardest part of the job was being a charge nurse with 6-7 patients. The unit I worked on was very busy. I enjoyed taking care of general surgery patient.
great place to work
Renaissance, Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 24, 2017
great place to work great job security management is a bit unorganized. benefits are ok as long as you visit the hospital or one of the doctors of the hospital.
Patient exposure time at Doctor's Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2017
I volunteered at Doctors Hospital with the Cardiopulmonary Rehab department. I took vital signs of patients and prepared equipments for use as needed.
Enjoyed working there
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 22, 2017
Enjoyed working there and enjoyed the team that I worked with. Job stability as a nurse educator varies due to the budgeting and it tends to be feast or famine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.