Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team always glad to be going to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 8, 2016
I love my job, but I definitely do not make enough money. That is my only problem with Doctors once my benefits began coming out of my pay check it felt like I was working for free. I work as a CNA for the experience, and help that I receive on the job while in nursing school. Everyone I work with is great, and going to work is fun. I love being told that I am great at my job by co-workers and patients it makes me feel so good. I love making someone in a hospital feel better when they are have a tough time. Going out of the way to make a difference for them. The nurses that I work with have no problem jumping on the floor and doing a tech job.
Pros
Supportive team members, Great upper management, Supportive environment
Cons
Low Pay
Learn new skills in multiple departments
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 25, 2016
They are always open 24/7 365 days a year Good management high stress jobs and difficult to balance work and life. Opportunities to learn skills and knowledge of multiple departments. Town Hall meetings are given every quarter to inform employees of any new developments and goals of the Hospital.
Pros
good peopel to work with
Cons
low pay
It is too stressful, it also short staffed
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
It is not compatible with the normal pay scale for the medical field. It has a large turn over ratio. It actually takes away benefits and incentive pay from employees. They need to be more competitive with other medical facilities.
Professional setting with friendly staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 22, 2016
Working with the patients and learning about different mental health diagnosis. I enjoyed networking with different health services. I am passionate about psychology, counseling, and individuals that have special needs. Working here really encouraged me to continue my education by working for a Master's degree in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling in hopes to become an LCD.
I enjoyed staying busy but work/school life was stressful
E.R. Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Doctor's Hospital because I got along with patients, nurses and doctors. Unfortunately, a co-worker would come in at 3:00p and have to go home or she would come in at 11:00p and have to go home so I'd have to work her shift.
Pros
I enjoyed staying busy and got along with patients, nurses, and doctors
Cons
A co-worker always had to go home when she came in. I'd have to work her shift. It was stressful.
this is a good one
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2015
An above average private hospital. Good management, excellent employees that are treated fairly and retention is good. Even though there are many other hospitals to work in. I recommend the care there. I hold Doctors as the best hospital in Sarasota. Even though my son works for their competitor. The local so called community hospital has tried to outshine them and effect their existence but due to their quality they keep pace. Best hospital in bay area except Mortan Plant.
Pros
great care, goodpatient ratios, private rooms, employees treated with respect and dignity.
Cons
nobody everleave so hard to get a job there.
Excellent Place to Work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
This company is a well rounded place to work. They encourage and set up advancement opportunities. The structure allowed me to be promoted to Controller. This company appreciates a good employee and rewards with opportunities for advancement.
Great place to work, a teaching Hospital
Rehab/Med-Surgical Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with new experiences and challenges. The environment is team spirited and an opportunity to build life long relationships. I have had an opportunity to expand on my clinical skills and bed side manners. A typical day is always busy fun filled and patient centered.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Short or no breaks
Great place for professional growth
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2015
Small community hospital focused on individualized patient care as well as friendly approach toward personnel. Great opportunities for advancement and development in the healthcare field within the company. For-profit facility focused on productivity and efficiency.
Pros
Friendly welcoming environment
Cons
Lengthy and extensive administrative processes
Flexible work schedules, opportunity to minister to patients and their families.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 18, 2016
Enjoyed helping grieving families and helping those who were dying. I enjoyed the nurses that I worked with and my supervisors too. I looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, and work schedules.
Cons
on-call without notice.
worked there 25 yrs
LPN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OH 44646May 4, 2016
worked there fresh out of school, worked EVERY area except in OR.
Planned on retiring from there. closed my unit. we floated all over for 1 yr. but because my yrs there laid us older [years high]. then combined with another hospital. I wanted to stay but pushed out.
HR it not hospital anymore it is a business.
Pros
i work all departments. teaching hospital
Cons
laid off
A great Place towork
CST (Current Employee) –  Sasota, FLJune 7, 2016
I really enjoy working for Doctors Hospital. The Doctors and the people I work with are very nice and professional. I Have learned a lot while working here and the management has always been helpful.
Pros
Uaually try to make sure you get your breaks
Cons
Should pay for our lunch hours
Very productive
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2016
Love it. Fun & great place to work. the head manager was like a father to his whole staff.never showed any kind of favoritism always motivating other. All the mangers where great .
Cons
Dietary
Great Staff
Registrar-Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 9, 2016
I loved getting to know the patients and taking care of their needs. We did a lot of paperwork for the patients, but I was well pleased after each patient was done.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Early morning days of work
Excellnt organizatioon for personal advancement while being of service to the country.
Preceptor/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2016
As an administrative specialist, I provided assistance to soldiers requesting personal leave if absence, promotions, awards and other administrative needs.
productive and educational
Multi Skilled Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical work day would consist of caring for, anywhere from 10 to 20 patients, from giving a glass of water to changing a bed, changing and cleaning soiled briefs. Collection of blood specimen, EKGS, telemetry, transferring patients from chair to bed, positioning and re-positioning. Checking glucose and taking and recording vitals. Run errands, answering phones and call lights. During my time and experience with Doctors Hospital of Augusta I have learned to take nothing for granted and that all lives matter. The management team is great to work with as well as my coworkers we all have the same goal and that is to give our patients the highest quality of care. The hardest part of the job is working the long hours with no breaks or short staff. My most enjoyable time while working is the ability to assist and talk with patients especially those that have little to no family, giving them comfort and conversation, a warm smile and a few jokes goes a long way.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, short lunches and short staff no incentive to work extra or longer shifts like nurses
Rewarding
Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 26, 2016
Not making the sufficient income, was going to school and trying to make it unto something more rewarding.
burns
Management of CRRT at bedside (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 28, 2016
this job was great, if you like would care. it was awesome to see all the different would care, vents and therapies. pt treatment were well involved. teamwork was not great
Great Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2016
I had a great time volunteering here. I learned something new everyday, I did plenty of rotations and met many new people
fast paced
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2016
Multiple departments and areas to work in. Pleasant staff to work for and with, real team players. Always providing educational and skill sets to learn from.
Cons
open 24/7 365 days a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doctors Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.