Doctors Hospital

Doctors Hospital Employer Reviews

Housekeeping I(contingent)
HouseKeeper I Contingent (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: after 690 hours you was on vacation for a month
Cons: you were called into work ruining plans you made for the day
I was out of high school for 2 years and this was the only job available at the time. This job was a contingent basis job, I was called in for workers who were on vacation or off that day. Were worked 690 hours then given a month off I learned how to clean a room correctly. We had three bosses then and the best and nicest boss we had was an older gentleman and everyone loved him and he was very fair. The other two "No Comment"
getting called into work when you've made plans, then being worked for two weeks straight with no days off.
Getting my 690 hours worked so I could get my month off. One time the hospital had a strike and both nurses and housekeepers were striking and I was off a little longer than a month and lo and behold the one boss wasn't planning to call me and some other worker back but since I was such a good worker the union helped get me back and I wasn't even in the union.
Fun place for 1st job.
Staff X-Ray Tech., (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and medical staff.
Cons: had long weekends on call.
Enjoyed hospital, doctors I worked for and general hospital staff.
Improved my skills in all areas of x-ray.
a wonderful place to pursue a career
Boiler Operator, Chiller Operator, Maintenance (Current Employee), Pontiac, MINovember 21, 2014
Pros: very laid back
Cons: financial struggle
a great place to work i love it. A ton of nice people to work with. Advanced equipment. if your looking for a place to start this is it.
Love the fast pace environment.
Interim Clinical Coordinator, Emergency Department (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment.
Love working in the ED environment. Very challenging and very rewarding job.
set up and assist during surgical oroceedures
Certified Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: lots of cases to keep us busy thru out the day
Cons: na
Gathered supplies instrumentation and equipment for surgical cases. Learned different techniques preferences n procedures from a vast variety of surgeons, how to move at a fast turnover pace, Supervisors were masterful at assigning staff to appropriate rooms and assignments. A very friendly n professional staff that was easy to get along with.Hardest part was dealing with turnover of instrumentation while going from main OR to the CVOR departments. Enjoyed being exposed to Robotics and a wide array of different surgical proceedures.
Great Company to work for. Very good benefits and pay.
Lead Electrician (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLOctober 27, 2014
Great Company to work for. Very good benefits and pay.
Company maintains high standards for patients and employees.
loved the work, typing, payroll, etc
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 22, 2014
worked here for 9 years, various supervisors, each one was great, liked the job, interaction with visitors as well as other employees, kept employee's time for three different floors, was assistant to the director of Med/Surg, Hemodialysis, and Ortho. Great co workers, great management, and opportunity for advancement.
Nice people to work with and for. Team oriented.
Chief Technologist (Current Employee), Dallas TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no covered parking
I begin early in the morning and make sure all departments are running smoothly. Complete special projects as needed. Employee reviews. Scheduling staff. Great Director to work for.
Productive and really enjoyed working in accounting
Accounting (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, felt like you were a family
Cons: hospital closed
When I first started I was the cashier and responsible for all monies received each day. I worked the funds and made sure it was posted to the correct account. I was responsible for the daily deposit. I helped out in the accounts payable at times. Took phone calls from clients that had questions about their bills. When the hospital closed I was the payroll clerk. I was responsible for payroll, including the physicians. I really liked my supervisor, he was always encouraging me to learn more. I really enjoyed my co-workers and knew a lot of them by name once I went into payroll. The hardest part of my job was when there was a conversion to a new system. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work every day and being responsible for my duties.
Very busy work environment, involves team work
RN (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 10, 2014
Very busy work environment, involves team work, shift schedule is decent
Intensive Pediatric program
Intensive Pediatric PTA (Former Employee), Pontiac, MISeptember 29, 2014
Working here was amazing, see resume...........................................................
Happy family atmosphere,good education, good staffing ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: lunch discounts, paid vacations and sick leave, family atmosphere, good benefits at the time i was there
Cons: very busy at times, at times working with difficult patients
A typical day at work met by your co-workers happy and ready to go to work. I learned many skills, and what is is like to work in a great place. The management had open door policy. The co-workers were the best. I felt like I had a great big family. Hardest part of the job was working long shifts, Holidays and weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job was the staff. Great family like atmosphere which made it much easier to work 12 hour shifts, Holidays and sometime sad outcomes with patients. I can't say enough how great the staff was. If you needed help for anything they were there willing to help in any circumstances.If I had not moved I would probably still be working there.
it was learning experience
Hour Externship (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2014
i loved working there if my grandmother wasnt a nurse on the same floor i would have continued to work there
Advocates towards patient safety and care in addition to employee satisfaction
Assistant Patient Care Manger PACU (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: dynamic staff and leaderships
A 5 star facility to work for in all facets! This organization adhered to the values of principles of the organization and this was reflected in the day to day operations
Have enjoyed working here,
Senior Tech in Chemistry (Current Employee), COLUMBUS,GAAugust 30, 2014
Working for a smaller hospital had some advantages, such as a variety of jobs , being responsible for everything in my department,
and being able to work in the other departments as needed.

The disadvantage is job security in the present situation with healthcare that we are facing.

Which answers the question of why I am leaving DSH. Our lab tests are being moved to Midtown to consolodate thelabs.
LPN (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: stressful at times
A typical day at work was staying on your feet for 5-6 hours before you could take a break
great hosptial
Clinical Partner II (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 8, 2014
great hospital and management
compared to other hospitals this is a great place to work
great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 5, 2014
great hospital overall, great leadership, management, and learning hospital
Externship
Externship (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2014
Doing my externship at the hospital was enjoyable. Working with the people in the pharmacy, they made me feel comfortable from the beginning. While in school I was able to see how a retail pharmacy setting would run, the hospital showed me the other side. Being able to see both settings let me know that I was on the right track. The hardest part of my externship was getting used to the different hours that I was going to be working. What I took from this was I can make a difference in the lives of people with their medication needs.
great place
Hour Externship (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
Great place to work. Enjoyed interning there as an student. Coworkers are great, Great teaching environment. Everyone work together

1 2 3 4 5