Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews

your co-workers
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 4, 2015
it is a small OR with fast turn overs, very big on sports med and ortho and some spine. they have one da vinchi robot and the staff is great.
Extremely stressful
Director of Business Services (Former Employee), Leawood, KSJuly 8, 2015
Pros: My staff
Cons: Management
The politics and Executives made for a very tense environment which was the hardest part of the job. On the plus side I had an amazing team that was willing to learn and we were able to do some positive things for the company.
Was productive, depending on the individual. Was an ok place to work.
RN duties- Adult ICU, Pediatrics, E.R (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2015
A typical work day was taking care of my patients, keeping busy, and being productive. I learned a lot by working hand and hand with my co-workers and the Doctors. Management was ok, but I have worked with better. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the computer system, when it came down to different tests and labs being crossed over from ER to ICU, and the inpatient floors, delaying service. The most enjoyable part of my job was patient satisfaction, being able to make a difference in someone's life and their family's life.
This was a volunteer service I did
Volunteer - Transporter (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Hospital life is not pleasant
I spent 2 months at Doctors Hospital, volunteering 40 hours a week as a transporter. This was back in 2009 and I had to fulfill my community service hours. I ended up with about 300 hours community service hours. The transporters that I worked with were very friendly and eager to help me learn. The head of community service at the hospital back in 2009 was a pain in the neck. She was a middle aged woman who only cared about herself.
We have a large gym with a basketball/volleyball court
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 23, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I currently work 7 p to 7 a as an adult behavioral health charge nurse, I admit/discharge patients, collaborate with the on call MD,s for the patients psych evaluations / history & physicals.
Great experience and good environment.
Multi-Skilled Tech (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: fun place
Cons: not many breaks
A day at work was having a helpful staff and understanding management. Some co-workers participated in team work others did not. The hardest thing about the job is not having help readily available because of shortage of staff. The most enjoyable part was working with the ones that believed in teamwork;
Productive and fun working place
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Manteca CAApril 1, 2015
Whole volunteering at the Doctors hospital in Manteca i believe that i developed many great skills including great costumer service and enjoyed working with nice fun people. The hardest part about working with Doctors Hospital at the front desk was having to deal with unhappy visitors. Even though it was tough dealing with these people I still believe i handled every situation correctly and well. As do my co workers and managers.
Nice place to work at, nurses are nice and doctors are ok
Executive Assistance to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for advancements
Cons: Leadership play favoritism in the work place
Doctors Hospital is a nice place to work at they have the proper healthcare that nurses and doctors are/can provide. They could be more compassionate towards the patients. They have several organizational they support financially, Breast Care Awareness, Autism, Diabetes. They are very given to the communities.
Great place to volunteer.
Day Surgery Waiting Room Volunteer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Very nice place to volunteer, it gives you an idea of what to expect in the medical field, and you learn about the different areas of the hospital. The hardest part of the job is having to witness families going through the hardships of surgeries, but the most enjoyable part of the job was providing even just a little comfort to the families that come through, communicating and showing that you care.
fun work enironvironment
pca (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: diverse
Cons: bought out
It felt like family rather than work. Every from the nurses stations on down helped. No one felt like their position was more important. We ALL helped it was a true definition of teamwork.
Great place to work, wonderful staff and doctors
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great management, good pay, good bennies
Cons: no cons
Worked evenings and it was very busy. I leaned how to do Lithotripsy and it was very challenging. Co-workers were wonderful and very professional. Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye.
productive and educational
Multi Skilled Technician (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks, short lunches and short staff no incentive to work extra or longer shifts like nurses
A typical work day would consist of caring for, anywhere from 10 to 20 patients, from giving a glass of water to changing a bed, changing and cleaning soiled briefs. Collection of blood specimen, EKGS, telemetry, transferring patients from chair to bed, positioning and re-positioning. Checking glucose and taking and recording vitals. Run errands, answering phones and call lights. During my time and experience with Doctors Hospital of Augusta I have learned to take nothing for granted and that all lives matter. The management team is great to work with as well as my coworkers we all have the same goal and that is to give our patients the highest quality of care. The hardest part of the job is working the long hours with no breaks or short staff. My most enjoyable time while working is the ability to assist and talk with patients especially those that have little to no family, giving them comfort and conversation, a warm smile and a few jokes goes a long way.
Housekeeping I(contingent)
HouseKeeper I Contingent (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: after 690 hours you was on vacation for a month
Cons: you were called into work ruining plans you made for the day
I was out of high school for 2 years and this was the only job available at the time. This job was a contingent basis job, I was called in for workers who were on vacation or off that day. Were worked 690 hours then given a month off I learned how to clean a room correctly. We had three bosses then and the best and nicest boss we had was an older gentleman and everyone loved him and he was very fair. The other two "No Comment"
getting called into work when you've made plans, then being worked for two weeks straight with no days off.
Getting my 690 hours worked so I could get my month off. One time the hospital had a strike and both nurses and housekeepers were striking and I was off a little longer than a month and lo and behold the one boss wasn't planning to call me and some other worker back but since I was such a good worker the union helped get me back and I wasn't even in the union.
Fun place for 1st job.
Staff X-Ray Tech., (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and medical staff.
Cons: had long weekends on call.
Enjoyed hospital, doctors I worked for and general hospital staff.
Improved my skills in all areas of x-ray.
a wonderful place to pursue a career
Boiler Operator, Chiller Operator, Maintenance (Current Employee), Pontiac, MINovember 21, 2014
Pros: very laid back
Cons: financial struggle
a great place to work i love it. A ton of nice people to work with. Advanced equipment. if your looking for a place to start this is it.
Love the fast pace environment.
Interim Clinical Coordinator, Emergency Department (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment.
Love working in the ED environment. Very challenging and very rewarding job.
set up and assist during surgical oroceedures
Certified Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: lots of cases to keep us busy thru out the day
Cons: na
Gathered supplies instrumentation and equipment for surgical cases. Learned different techniques preferences n procedures from a vast variety of surgeons, how to move at a fast turnover pace, Supervisors were masterful at assigning staff to appropriate rooms and assignments. A very friendly n professional staff that was easy to get along with.Hardest part was dealing with turnover of instrumentation while going from main OR to the CVOR departments. Enjoyed being exposed to Robotics and a wide array of different surgical proceedures.
Great Company to work for. Very good benefits and pay.
Lead Electrician (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLOctober 27, 2014
Great Company to work for. Very good benefits and pay.
Company maintains high standards for patients and employees.
loved the work, typing, payroll, etc
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 22, 2014
worked here for 9 years, various supervisors, each one was great, liked the job, interaction with visitors as well as other employees, kept employee's time for three different floors, was assistant to the director of Med/Surg, Hemodialysis, and Ortho. Great co workers, great management, and opportunity for advancement.
Nice people to work with and for. Team oriented.
Chief Technologist (Current Employee), Dallas TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no covered parking
I begin early in the morning and make sure all departments are running smoothly. Complete special projects as needed. Employee reviews. Scheduling staff. Great Director to work for.