Doctors Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and Very much like family
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 25, 2017
Doctors Medical Center is a fun but yet productive environment, I always learned new things while working there, and theres many different departments to learn more from. They are like a huge family. Whats most enjoyable about working at doctors medical is talking on the phone with the patients and being able to be the one to have helped them with whatever it was they needed help with.
A journey to Success
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAOctober 14, 2017
Very fast paced job. Learned alot about multi tasking, clerical duties. staffing, etc. Staff was friendly. Hospital unions striked alot and had some financial issues that effected the conditions and work environments, but other than that I learned a great deal.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Company closed for business 2014
Proffessional enviornment and friendly staff.
Registered Nurse, RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 14, 2017
IT WAS GREAT until I was going through a rough time in my life and needed help. I didn't have any family here in CA. I thought I could depend on my work family. I was wrong. They dumped me watched me crumble. Kept writing me up for little things that were signs asking for help. I got fired. I almost died before I got help. But I didn't I am a survivor I am doing better than ever now.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Some Management without proper higher education (BSN)
Fun place to work
Patient Liaison, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 10, 2017
Everyday is different. You get to learn new things and meet new people in different departments. Everyone is friendly to work with. It's a good feeling to be able to help patients wether I'd it's with their health or just a smile.
Pros
Flexibility
Enriching work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 26, 2017
Doctors Hospital was my first place of employment, I started my employment when I was sixteen years of age. it was incredibly enriching and gave me the drive to work.
Doctors Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 14, 2017
The floor I work on at DMC has incredible work ethic, everyone gets along, good manager, good pay, good benefits, yearly raises, really a good job overall. If you come from a nursing home looking to work here at an acute facility I think you will appreciate this job even more.
Pros
3 days a week, 12 hour shifts.
Cons
Short staffed often.
Nice Hospital to work at.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 1, 2017
Very typical hospital with friendly staff and workers, the equipment is up-to-date. Balanced work day but many patients come through everyday which can be stressful for some.
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 28, 2017
Good place for advancements and great benefits. The hardest part of the job was the dealing hazardous waste material. I would definitely go back but in a different department.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits.
referral coordinator department
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
I have been working in Doctors Medical Center since 2014 as a referrals coordinator.im very satisfied with the company management and employees as well . I recommended to a safety and peaceful environment as a employee and as a patient too.
Was a great job always a fun place enjoyed my job
PHARMACY CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 5, 2017
The company was flexible with my time, no micromanaging we worked alone a Head Pharmacist was always there in case things got out of hand. The stock options were great always had a great time the Manager was awesome no complaints about her. The staff worked well and we all got along.Never a dull moment.I learned alot was always encouraged by my Manager to continue my education or continue classes.Was always encouraged to learn more in the RX even if it wasn't my assignment or my job title.Always room to grow at Doctors Hospital and it was encouraged to do so.
Pros
needed new computors
Cons
updated RX would have been nice
Nice place to work
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAAugust 3, 2017
Overrall a nice place to work. I loved my coworkers also the patients that we served . Management staff was the worst that's why I think we went bankrupt. But I loved our ER staff awesome people!
Hi Risk level 3 hospital with great oppurtunity for training and advancement
High RIsh L&D RN (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 28, 2017
Doctors Medical Center is a fast paced, level 3 high risk hospital that is amazing in training staff how to handle high stressed situations in a team like manner. It was great to be a part of that team for 7 years of my first half of Rn career. It's also a new grad/new MD preceptorship program and great management team that keeps you well educated to help all staff perform to best of there ability at a very fast paced facility and in high stressed/diverse situations.
Pros
great training, great management, great hard working staff
Cons
high stressed, very complex/diverse patients
Its okay
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 25, 2017
Dmc hospital is a place that don't care about their employees, Its all about them. Dmc is not a fun place to work at .. Its just a job to all there stuff. You are over worked and under paid .
Great staff, management needs improvement
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 22, 2017
The nursing and medical team are phenomenal. Teamwork is the culture, staff morale is the focus among nursing and medical colleagues. Medical staff are respectful and supportive of nursing staff, and vice versa. Friendly work environment overall.

However, management lacks experience and professionalism. No part-time or per diem positions are available in most departments, decreasing work morale and increasing burnout. New nurses were shorted on orientation days due to management inadvertently approved excessive time-offs, and often proceeded with write-ups without confirming facts of the situation.
temp (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 11, 2017
Hardworking people. great benefits. community outreach. flexible hours. trauma center. family oriented. 20,000 hearts. Great payroll editors. HR helpful.
Was a good employer
Phlebotomist/Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 9, 2017
Overall DMC is a good hospital with good people. I enjoyed my coworkers (management not so much). The union has really poor representation if any at all. I would want my family treated there.
productive and fun work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  1200 ne 125 st north miami flJune 30, 2017
i really enjoyed working there . A typical day at work is productive and fun. I learned to work as a team and make my patients feel secure. The hardest part is the deal with different personalities.
awful
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 30, 2017
Horrible hospital, I would never let a family member or a friend have surgery here. Joint commission always finds a bunch of bad issues at this place, always feels like they're one step away from being shut down, but somehow make it by with the bare minimum of points from the joint commission.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
high stress environement
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 28, 2017
This is a 24 hour facility and so this really gives you no down time and you are never caught up. There is always going to be someone who can do your job better then you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
work through lunches and breaks most of the time. but expected to clock out at appropriate times.
Union local 39 wages. very busy workload
Journeyman stationary engineer/ HVAC mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJune 23, 2017
Doctors Medical center has since closed, but it was a fun place to work. Lots of variety of equipment to work on. Heavy work load, which I enjoy. The management was a Third party Vendor, that actually ran the hospital into the ground. I started working for Jones Lang Lasalle, before the hospital closed.
Pros
very busy
Cons
Managment