DocuSign Employee Reviews

Poor experience
Rapid Adoption Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2018
While a good product, the culture at Docusign is at best unfocused, with no real long term plan for how they will train and maintain the native knowledge base. It is at best sink or swim with an emphasis on sink. Sales is cut throat with unrealistic goals, not enough staff to meet the needs of the clients, and a support team with a high skill and low direction. It would seem that the benefits (catered lunches, free soda, easy access to alcohol) outweigh the need for a concise plan for how the staff operates on a daily basis.
Pros
Easy access to free food
Cons
no focus from management
Awesome Place to work!
IT Security Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great place to work. Very talented and determined co-workers. As a paid-intern I had a chance to use my skills and see how a collaborative team works efficiently
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2017
Lots of great snacks and fun events, but not a lot of professional development opportunities. Management seems to be full of a lot of people who were at the right place at the right time.
DocuSign is Awesome
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2017
One of, if not the best place I have ever worked. Sad to have moved to Olympia only because I can no longer make the commute. I loved going into work everyday.
Pros
Snacks, great management
Cons
Beer
Good Company with Growing Pains
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2017
This is a good company with a lot of room for improvement. A typical day is hectic and challenging. There is always a lot of work regardless of the department. I enjoyed being challenged every day. Management differs from one department to another; some like to micro-manage others don't. The hardest part at the job is the preferential treatment given to favorite employees regardless of one's work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was my work colleages and the product.
Pros
Free Snacks and Office Happy Hour every other Friday
Cons
Timed lunches, lack of compensation
Poor management
SE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2017
No real ability to have advancement as promised and culture was geared towards a lot of mandatory after hour social events. Very inexperienced management.
Pros
free food
Cons
culture and inexperienced management
Great place to work.
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2017
The work environment is always a positive one without being over the top. Teams of highly professional individuals are all working for the benefit of the company in ways that benefit all.
An amazing company to work for
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2016
DocuSign is a rapidly growing company that has an incredible leadership team, culture, and product. Sure, there are definitely some growing pains resulting in constant changes but all in all they are doing everything right.
Will Suck the life out of you
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 7, 2016
Another tech company that will suck the life out of you and throw your carcass to the gulls. Interesting work but not interesting enough to overcome the politics and arrogance of management.
don't do it
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 21, 2015
It sounds great when you get the offer: beautiful building, high salary, worklife balance, start up culture, snacks and beer. The reality of it after a year: they hire people just to rotate them out of their company and keep their friends safe and give them the measly percent at the end of the year as bonus that is considered simply making up for inflation, but for you? You don't even get that, not even a thank you. Listen to the reviews that say high politics, as they are very accurate. Docusign is a boys club that will not even thank you at the end of the year. Don't waste your career here.
Pros
are deceptive
Cons
politics
Great people and excellent product
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2015
Great company with typical growing pains...worked too many hours to just keep up.
I learned a lot about space planning and working as a team.
I had a great team to work with.
I loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
Happy hours and free lunches
Cons
New executives don't know the long-term employee's, so they feel unappreciated.
Contract Position
Security Compliance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2015
I assisted the Director of Security with the daily operations of the organization. Participated in ISO 27001:2005 internal and external audits.
Pros
Great work environment
An ok place to work
Quality Assuarance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of writing new test scenarios and test cases for the newly build front end system for Docusign. Reviewing the requirements, performed exploratory testing for the areas where requirements were unclear. Running regression testing on various OS and browsers
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
DocuSign has a great culture!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2015
I worked 5 years at DocuSign and had a blast! I learned a great deal and enjoyed my job a great deal. I learned a lot and gained confidence in my skills. The hardest part of my job was the lack of work-life balance. The more I succeeded, the more hours I worked. Work was not work. However, I became absent at home. The employee's were the best part of the job. I was friends with everyone.
Pros
free snacks, lunch and happy hours
Fast growing company
Commission Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 3, 2014
Fastest growing company I have known. Innovative product and company that should prove to be very successful.
Productive and Fun place to work
Operation Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2014
Very fun and productive environment to work. Management and people are very focused on team goals. Work ethics are strong.
Terrible management in a boys-club atmosphere
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2014
The whole organization is top heavy. Despite having around 650 salaried workers (a few more contractors and temps), there are over 40 VPs and over 100 Senior managers or Directors. This doesn't stop DocuSign from continuing to hire an additional VP every month, though, at the cost of withholding compensation from any employee under director level.
It seems like the shift towards an IPO plan has really been a move to get all of the current executives friends in on the cheap-stock-option action before the official public offering - Just another way for rich friends to get richer.

Promotions within the company are avoided (by regular employees) at all cost, as they come with 0% compensation change, a shiny new title, and a 300% increase in workload. That's it. No additional influence in architecture or product decisions, no added stock options. Just another move to see how much can be piled on an engineer before they burn out.

The employees who work the hardest and the ones who do just enough not to get fired are recognized as equals from the eyes of the executives, with hard work often being rewarded with nothing other than MORE hard work.

There are a lot of managers and directors who try to do right by their engineers, but they are completely powerless against the growing executive boys club.
Pros
smart engineers
Cons
top heavy, poor compensation, red tape
Great
Social Media Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2013
Love everything about this company; people are awesome, great product, a lot of fun
Pros
Awesome View
Cons
lots of change not particularly good
Manager (Former Employee) –  seattle, waApril 16, 2012
Lots of big titles, especially in marketing and corp. sales. No career path lots of obstacles for sales.
Pros
good product
Cons
management top heavy