Dodge County Hospital Employee Reviews

Meet lots of patients & families
Labor & Delivery LPN (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAApril 24, 2017
Loved meeting new patients & their families. Did not like working long rotating shifts. !The doctors are friendly & easy to work with. Made many life long friends while working there.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Long, rotating shifts
Great nursing staff
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GADecember 13, 2015
Great nursing staff that demonstrates teamwork but even more importantly a wonderful caring attitude toward the patients---it has been a while since I have seen this holistically from a nursing staff.
very supportive
CNA (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAAugust 25, 2014
well like the management help you and if fair with work the most enjoyable is you meet people and my co worker was a team player
Pros
teamworthly
Cons
need more help
enjoy seeing the patients everyday
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAFebruary 27, 2014
the patients made me smile. I learned how to doing medical assistant also on this job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Hectic environment
Lead Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day involves me working in the ER admissions area. I run reports and correct errors. My co-workers and managers are some of the best people to work with.
Dodge County Hospital
Semi- retired X-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GANovember 14, 2013
My work with Dodge county was fulfilling, challenging and at times stressful. I worked 5 straight eight hour shifts, starting at 8 am Saturday morning and ending at 11:30 pm Sunday night, 40 hours non-stop. I learned how to pace myself, prioritize the tasks needed to be done and stayed level headed at all times.
The management was fair, treated me well and paid me a good wage for my services. I had deep respect for my supervisor, a female younger than myself.
The hardest part of the job was staying alert during this long shift. I was allowed a room to rest and relax, but it was a very tiring shift.
The best part of the job was being of service to the injured and ill patients. I enjoyed being asked my opinion about patient care and treatment by the doctors and nurses and being part of the healthcare team.
Pros
Makeing friends with co-workers.
Cons
Long shifts, fatigue and a long drive home.
supervisor
Supervisor position, training (Former Employee) –  Eastman Ga.September 2, 2013
I enjoyed working with my employees and the patients ,everyday was a joy.
Great working environment with a close-knit staff.
Scrub Tech & OB/GYN practice medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAJuly 29, 2013
My typical day at work involves triaging 40-50 patients in a busy OB/GYN practice.
small town hospital nice to work at
RN - Obstetrics (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAJune 15, 2012
I have always worked nights 7p-7a. Some days are very busy others are very slow. I have learned a great deal about all aspects of obstetrical care from L&D to Womens Services to Post-partum, I have also helped in the office and in surgery. I also work in the nursery, but it is not my preferred area. My manager is a hard worker and helps when needed. My co-workers are all different but I have no problem with any of them. The hardest part of the job would be when we are not busy because it makes for a long night. I truly enjoy L&D and bringing new life into the world, I always say it is 90% good and 10% bad.
Very political facility
RN Supervisor, & OB/NSY Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAMarch 18, 2012
DCH is like any small town hospital, it is full of politics. There are many issues that arouse and were not addressed by the management team.