Dodson Pest Control Employee Reviews

Liked the job, not managment
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 30, 2017
Liked the job, and the customers.Not management, boss was difficult. Showed up to work, enjoyed the job. Was not treated fairly or the way employees should be treated.
Productive work place
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCJune 22, 2017
Dodson Pest Control is a great place to work. Dodson offer extensive training and ongoing training for all jobs that they offer. I worked for Dodson for over 30 plus years and enjoyed the teamwork and relationships that I built.
Great company until Charlottesville office got new manager
Sales Inspector and Pest Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 31, 2017
Worked with this company for years. I was great at it, and we were a great team until Don left. Unfortunately the manager that was hired after that was incompetent, and fussed at all of us on our route about using too much pesticide, although we had more experience than him and we KNEW how to safely service our customers. After customers began to complain and Dodson began to lost accounts, because of his ignorance, and because he was going "cheap" and micromanaging our use of materials to undercut the competition, he blamed us, those with a route. Truly, someone at the Dodson Head Office, should be taking a close look at this guy. Charlottesville is in trouble. We are a small community, and many of my old customers complain about the current service whenever I see them. Most have left Dodson. It's sad that one manager could lost such a great team because of his incompetence and failure to understand pesticide application and good customer service.
Pros
family owned company, felt like family to employees.
Cons
none- except for one individual who caused this office to fall apart
Wonderful people to work with
Technician (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJanuary 7, 2017
Treat an inspect homes, restaurants, churches, car dealerships. Amazing people an customers I have meet

Great co-workers
Resonable boss
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Working in rain an snow
Great place to wrok
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 2, 2016
A great job to have if you like to be treated like family. The owner of this company really does a lot for his employees. They have full benefits package, 401k and do yearly pathfinder trips. I love this place and will miss it when I move.
Real Political/Place is a joke
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 31, 2016
Poor Management with lack of experience to say the least, The Manager is never In the office because his Termite Supervisor is so lazy he has to go out behind him like his child or something,
The pay is horrible if your a Pest Tech, or work in the Termite Department,

They continue to switch up our daily task and change it frequently, to some thing else as opposed to we had originally on the schedule, if your im sales you allowed to be high all day and let it be known to others around you, There's one guy who is a salesman and lives at the beach, He stays high as a kite if they goofy manager would open his eyes he would see that, The other people who work there are ok
Pros
If you like to come to work messed up this is the ideal place, as they have no drug testing there only when your hired.
Cons
CONS-If your a Felon/Con Then you will fit right in with these guys, You can pretend to work hard and get paid a little over 11 per hour which is comical to me
Beware
Territorial Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 7, 2016
Tough place to work. Behind the times with sales tools. Prospecting was literally out of a phone book. Management gives unrealistic goals given tools to succeed.
Great company to work for if right leadership is present
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 19, 2015
The company is set in the past. They still rely on phonebook ad's, they micro manage every office from the corporate headquarters and everything is controlled from there as well. This company needs to move into the 21st century.
Great managers , good work enviroment
Pest Control Tech (Current Employee) –  hickory, ncSeptember 14, 2015
My typical day consisted of me coming in and getting the chemicals needed for the day. During the day i would run my stops as scheduled. After the work day is finished i would make calls and set up appointments for the next day.
Pros
Made own route, was able to avoid being stuck in a building all day
Cons
No breaks, lots of days with no lunch.
Enjoyable
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVMarch 20, 2014
I drove to customers houses and sprayed for bugs, bees,ants. Put mouse traps down. Most of the people I got a long with. Had company truck. The hardest thing was to try to get everything on the list done on time. When I left there I found out that they actually had to hire 3 people to do the job I was doing.
Pros
Independence, only had to go to office once a week
Cons
paid commision, not enough to support family

Want to know more about Dodson Pest Control?

Ask a question
Great Company
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 16, 2013
A great employment opportunity for self starters. Great management, and fellow employees. You are compensated for how hard you work, and will be rewarded for your achievements.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
odd hours
great place to work
pest control (Former Employee) –  Char, ncJuly 10, 2012
looking for a great job call dodson,work your own hour ,great coworkers
Pros
security
Cons
none great place
Working with customers and solving pest related problems
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 15, 2012
The hours were long and the sales driven company was stressful at times. The best part was working to solve the customers problems.
Pros
working alone
Cons
sales goals, long hours, and micro-managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dodson Pest Control. Our community is ready to answer.