DOE Employee Reviews in United States

A good starting point.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I think the job is a good job, but only if the pay was better and not so many politics. If you the type of person that wants to just retire and not go any further, then this would be your job. If you see yourself doing other things then I would say get the experience and move on. Also, what I do like about this job is that you can make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Job and work balance is great!
Cons
Salary pay. No incentives.
ROW vegetation Management
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 9, 2015
This was a contract job why I was in school getting my EET degree. I tried the position during my break of semesters. I would not reconsider this employment
Door-opener
Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2016
It was a great place to learn new skills, working here is what made me decide about my career path. I am grateful for working there.
The job was very technical and a museum for learning in the underwater world.
SALES TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work was setting up shop to be ready for business. I learned that air tanks are not only used for firefighters, but also birthday parties, such as blowing up balloons. I was able to manage the entire the shop, or I would call it "holding down the fort", because there were only a couple employees. The hardest part of the job was
prioritizing work with a smile a customer can't refuse. The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the fill station.
Pros
We ate lunch together like business professionals.
Cons
I wish I didn't have to work Saturday.
Technical support Intern.
Helpdesk/ Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, New YorkDecember 8, 2014
I only worked at the Department of Education as an Intern and was there for about 9 months. As an technical employee of the DOE you will be primarily working with Microsoft products, as believe they have contractual support from them. Although some schools have Apple products, Microsoft is running all servers and such on the back end. I left because I wanted a full time job that could support me financially.
Pros
great learning environment.
Cons
pay.
Substitute for the DOE teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 23, 2013
I usually received a call either the night before or the morning that I need to work. I mainly worked with elementary students. I learned that teachers work hard! There was no management. The only time we received direction was from the teachers. Most times we wouldn't get a schedule to work with. Co-workers were rare but sometimes I would be aiding a special ed teacher. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what kind of class you'll be walking into. The best part of the job was the pay and the flexibility.
Pros
pay, flexible hours
Cons
late notice
You become part of a big family.
Secretary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2013
Every day was different from the previous day. You were on the go from the time you arrive to the time you leave to go home. Your co-workers become your extended family. The hardest part of the job is sorting the mail. The most enjoyable part is that once you become part of the family you are never turned away when you ask for help.
Pros
hours, and the holiday get togethers
Cons
sometimes you have to work out in the cold and rain.
Friendly employees and everyone was willing to help.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaApril 2, 2013
I enjoyed working with DOE the variety of personnel was amazing. DOE had standards that you don't normally see in a business. I miss working for DOE because to open ended opportunities they have. You could move up if so desired.
Pros
open opportunity for advancement
Cons
one sided when problems with supervisors
DOE was a temporary job
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2013
A typical day at work consist of a lot of organization, I've learned that people with disabilities need assisting as well, management helped out when help was needed, I worked well with other co-workers, the hardest part with this assignment is not knowing when the job was going to end. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Proud to have worked here.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2015
The DOE is a well run placed making a difference in the world. Children are the future and thats starts with their education.
Review of projects proposed
Industrial reviewer (Former Employee) –  Westbrook Maine - from HomeMay 16, 2014
Intense work and interaction with others to review projects proposed to the DOE. In depth review of science behind unfamiliar concepts and discussion of those concepts with others
Pros
learning new concepts and ideas
Cons
not enought time for full indepth analysis
Great experience
Meal Ticket Clerk/ Inventory Clerk/ Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIAugust 2, 2012
I enjoy working for the DOE. It's given me the opportunity to learn and teach others.
I have made great progress but due to low funds with DOE in my position im recently out of a job for this school year.
Pros
great communication
Cons
job depends on doe funds
productive and fun place to be.
IT Internship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2014
working with both students and staffs of the school gave me a whole different perspective of work experience. I learned a lot ranging from technology to human interaction. My co-workers are the best and the higher staffs are very cool as well.
Fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  ASSeptember 5, 2012
-fun
-learn new things everyday and teaching at the same time
-staff was good all worked together as a team
- hardest part is studying, reading, and finding ways to make teaching enjoyable.
-enjoy to make a difference in every childs life.
Pros
breakfast and lunch is free
Cons
starts early, short lunch break.
Very competent team
Team project manager data center build out (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 8, 2012
Extraordinary team.
Communications and Planning was very mature and open.
High focus on the project workplan and responsibilities
Committment to deliverables
Do what ever it takes attitude.
Pros
through communications process
Fun place to work meet alot of new people
Building Manager - M263 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Very busy form the minute I walk in to work, How I love to provide an extraordinary experience for customer,
Pros
love the little one they awasome & to help others
Cons
to many bosses
it worked at the time
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 15, 2013
I was honored to hold such a position for the Department of Energy. I would have never thought to apply there had the job not been offered to me. However, the instant lay off really put me in a bind.
productive place to work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Love working with children to help foster a positive working environment for kids to develop at their own pace.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
short lunch
Calm and productive
Office of Contracting (Site Administrator) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2013
Very laid back, everyone has thier one office and chooses thier own hours. Work is challenging but fun.
Great supervisor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hālawa, HIJanuary 16, 2013
I enjoyed this position and my supervisor. Great co workers and staff
Pros
great schedule
Cons
always on lock down, means no pay i was per diem.