Downtown Oklahoma City law firm is seeking an experience legal administrative assistant.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; drafts standard correspondence, and other documents.
- Screens telephone calls and records messages.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery.
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; utilizes master calendar system.
- Under timekeeper supervision, opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks, and maintains all client and general files. Prepares files to be closed.
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Makes appointments for timekeeper(s).
- Enter billable time in time-keeping system, assists timekeepers in processing pre-bills, as requested.
- Assists other secretaries in backup secretary capacity, as requested.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience with federal and state litigation is a must.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and iniatiative are imperative.
- Must be forward-thinking and have strong problem solving skills
- Employment law experience is a plus.
- Ability to proof and perform editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters. Perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents; maintain records and filing systems at a level normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience required.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a level of 70 wpm.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain while producing a high volume of information performing other essential duties.
- Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties
Doerner Saunders Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P. is one of Oklahoma's oldest law firms. Today, the Firm's lawyers engage in virtually every...