Doherty Staffing Solutions

Doherty Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 5, 2016
calling, communicating, recruit, interview, email.
improved email communication,
Supervisors & managers are amazing
coworkers are helpful and fun
Language Barrier
working as a team
Pros
supervisors, goal setting
Cons
temp work healthcare
Doherty Staffing
Robot Runner (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 1, 2015
This was great. Just a temp service though. One thing I did not like was not getting paid for every minute I was on the clock. My shift was over at 7am and I wouldn't get paid past that unless I stayed longer than 15 minutes. Even then I wouldn't get paid for the last 15 min of work. So if I worked until 7:30, I would only get paid until 7:15. If I worked until 7:10 I would only get paid until 7:00.
The company itself was good, the work given wasn't.
temp (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 11, 2015
While the staff working in the Doherty building was great, they were unable to give me job locations that I could go to, and the few that were were few and far between.
Pros
Excellent and hardworking staff
Cons
Available positions were few
This company is great at finding jobs for people quickly.
retail (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNNovember 2, 2015
Fun places to work for. Very quick with placement. They are more then willing to work with you when it comes to scheduling.
great jobs
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 19, 2015
on time. work hard. work efficiently. good work with clients.
no problems with being paid on time. have good pay. hard working people.
Pros
great service
Cons
jobs in distance.
Fun work place
On-Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 23, 2015
Doherty staffing Solutions is a great company to work for. When I first started working at Doherty everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Mangers and co-workers are always there to answer any questions I had and help me throw anything I was struggling with. I have learned so much since I started working at Doherty. I am grateful for the opportunity and happy to be part of Southern MN team!
Pros
Great Team
Great Work Environment with Strong Leaders
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 23, 2015
I have worked for Doherty for just over a year now and I couldn't be more happy with the leap of faith that I took. I'm lucky enough to be pushed and challenged every single day; I may not like it sometimes but I know that my leaders do it to make me stronger and better at what I do.

Doherty also does so much to give back to their employees. I don't know many other companies that would do the things the owners and leaders of this company have done and do for us on a continuous basis.
Great Team Environment and Supportive Managers
On-Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Algona, IASeptember 22, 2015
I have worked for Doherty Staffing for two years, and have nothing but a great team and supportive managers. They are willing to work on any goals we have whether it is individually or as a team. Showing your commitment and dedication to the job at hand will not only help you successfully but personally. I consider Doherty to be my family and wouldn't change working here at all. If you want a strong supportive work environment Southern MN is the best place to work, even working a remote location you get the support and leadership you need. Highly recommend it.
Pros
Teamwork, room for advancement, new recruiting strategies
Cons
interaction with some remote co-workers
Great place to work!
Recruiting Speciliast (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 22, 2015
In my time of being here so far, I have received nothing but good vibes from my upper management team and my co workers. When ever I am faced with a problem, my management team is quick to respond and assist with coming up with a solution. Throughout my whole career with Doherty, they have never steered me in the wrong direction. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday because of the team that I work with. There has been numerous times, when I am having a difficult day, I would speak with my managers, and their door is always open and they actually care about my feelings as a whole. And that is extremely important to me- to have managers that actually care about me as a person, not just an employee. I also really enjoy the fact that the managers participate in our fun little shenanigans in the office such as potlucks, puzzles and games. I take pride in the fact that- they treat me like family, and whenever I am in need of anything, I can count on my team to stand behind me 100%! And not many places of employment can say that.
Pros
Great staff, team work
Fun Friendly Enviroment
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 22, 2015
-Fantastic work environment.
-Lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
-Many knowledgeable co-workers that are willing to help you develop your skills.
-Management team that is always willing to adjust and adapt.
Great Team Environment
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern MNSeptember 22, 2015
As a Top Woman-Owned Business, I could not be more honored to be a woman working for Doherty. From day one I knew that management's doors would always be open and I feel comfortable approaching everybody on my team. The VP of the Southern MN branch has frequently reached out to me to check in, to remind me that he is available if I have any concerns. Not only has he reached out to me, but so have many other people on the Southern MN team, all in different positions including my supervisor and management. Doherty thrives on communication and teamwork and I am lucky to be part of this team in this very tough industry.
Great staff and flexibility.
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 10, 2015
This was a great work experience which gave me a chance to explore my options because of the different assignments available.
Pros
Different assignment choices
Cons
Jobs I wanted were short term and not temp to hire.
They do not respond back when you call
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 26, 2015
I have been trying to work with Doherty and call about certain positions, they say they will check and get back to me but they never do. They post positions but when you call they have no idea what they are. I am at about my 5th call with them now and they couldn't find the position that was posted online. Still no response. Very frustrating.
Pros
None at this time
Cons
They do not return phone calls/emails
Not very workable
UPS (Former Employee) –  Mendota heightsAugust 13, 2015
The job is easy but the working conditions arent very friendly. Too much nepotism from the staff, expected better but its just a typical staffing agency.
Cons
Only get a raise if the staff likes you, working hard wont determine.
Working in FRIDGE/FREEZER with meat
Lloyd's BBQ labor worker (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 31, 2015
A typical day (as a TEMP) consists of getting over dressed, coming into the building, and signing in at the front desk. Then checking a schedule and/or order paper to see where you are needed at that day and how much product needs to be done. After you know where to be of course get on the white pants, hard hat, ear plugs, boot covers...ect. When you are covered find your place on the line (on the way in sanitize yourself and outer coverings, wash hands twice for a safe work place) on time and start whatever task they need. such as scooping meat for ten hours. There are, as of now, three breaks in a day, one 30 min and two 15 min and the break room is typical, nothing surprising, the pay rate is great. clock in/out as regular and direct deposit is transferred at 4:00 AM on Fridays
Pros
sometimes free food on thursdays
Cons
the freezer is cold; 30 degrees
Absolutely fun place of work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2015
Fishing crew responsible cleaning and processing
Packing and get it ready for shipping.
Fishing crews responsible cutting fish, sanitation, cleaning floor, wrapped freezer bag and loaded.

This was one of the best jobs that i worked for a longtime; good employer and good workers as well as healthy environment.
Pros
Cons
long breaks
Great Temporary agency
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 20, 2015
This is a great place to work and maybe even find stable employment. Always make sure you are checking in to keep up to date on positions.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work included group meetings on production and goals.While at Doherty i participated in team efforts in replacing faulty equipment.
Good Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 25, 2015
Good company, excellent co-workers and very supportive staff.

Base pay is low but great opportunity to make good money.

Staffing is not for everyone.
Fast paced and ever changing environment!
On Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 16, 2015
This job is fast paced recruiting job to find, recruit, and manage temporary, temp to hire, and direct hire employees for Cargill Kitchen Solutions. Involves lots of high volume recruiting as well as other HR duties such as employee relations, payroll, and training.