Doherty Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 24, 2017
sometime it was a little slow, I learned how to scan paperwork, I also learn how to package put things in order by numbers. I don't believe that the things I've learner was hard for me.
Quick and Accurate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 8, 2017
Doherty Staffing have great people who care about the needs of others. They were a great source to work with in my search for employment. They were there for me when I needed help, until my job ended.
Pros
The staff was fun to work with
Cons
my assignment ended too soon
Great place to work!
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Doherty Top Talent. The recruiters are awesome! They have a lot of temp-to hire positions and contract positions. I highly recommend them as a work place or entry level position.
Great company culture focused on growth, with great work/life balance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Doherty is a great company to work for, that lets you be as successful based on the effort you put in. I have made a lot of friends working here as well. They try to have a fun culture, and have lots of company wide incentives and games to keep things interesting. With so many remote offices, it can be hard to stay engaged though and feel part of the corporate team. Not many layers to management though, and new ideas are encouraged and quickly make their way to the top.
Pros
8-5 type of job, flat management approach, easy access to the CEO, incredibly long tenure, great name recognition
Cons
Not the best advancement opportunities
MFI Gaylord
Micro LabTech (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Environment was hostile, Supervisor had no clue what he was doing nor wanted to learn what needed to be done. My co workers where the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Very few weekends
Cons
hostile work environment
Flexible
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 1, 2017
This is a temporary agency which was very flexible with helping you find the right job for current needs. They would help you find work fast and get you into the position within a couple of days. Friendly staff made for a better experience.
Pros
They care about what you want and don't push you into just anything
Cons
work is not always available, getting a office position is very difficult
Pretty good for a staffing company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howard Lake, MNDecember 31, 2016
I had no real issues with this company other then them messing up my paychecks a few times but a simple phone call and it was corrected. Always easy to deal with
Pros
Incentives for referring others
Cons
Paycheck mistakes
It's all about the money
On-Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, MNDecember 27, 2016
Company strives to be the best at staffing, however their benefits are small, pay is low and employees are viewed more as a tool to gain more money vs. a valued employee.
Pros
NA
Cons
pay, benefits, hours, lack of communication, micromanaged, appreciation for employees work, family means nothing to them
Recruiter/Staffing Specialist
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 23, 2016
I really enjoy working for Doherty. From my first day at Doherty management and my teammates were encouraging and welcoming. Management is very approachable and always willing to help if needed. One of the best parts of working for Doherty is that we all work great as a team. I have awesome coworkers that are available at any time to answer questions. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people find work and be successful.
Pros
Great managment and atmosphere!!
Doherty Staffing
Offsite Rep. (Current Employee) –  OwatonnaDecember 20, 2016
I have worked here for 10 months, and i have no plans of leaving Doherty. Our of all my jobs that I've had this is the best.
I have learned a lot more than i thought i would ever learn.
The opportunities for advancement and learning new things is very present.
I love the people i work with, my supervisors are the best i've ever had. They keep me accountable but without micromanaging me.
Doherty pushes you to do better not only at work but in life.
My favorite part is getting to meet so many different people and helping them get a job to feed their family with. The relationships i build are great, helping people is what we do.

I might not like the stress as much, but overall i love what i do.
Pros
People, coworker, opportunities
Cons
employees that No call no show:)
Fun work environment with great coworkers
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 20, 2016
In the time I have been here I have enjoyed being a part of the Doherty team. As a new employee I was welcomed on the team by all members and have been able to experience a fun work environment. I have expanded my customer service skills and interpersonal relationship skills with the help of my management team. The most difficult part of the job would be the uncertainty that is present when dealing with a wide range of people. Besides that, it's enjoyable to have the ability to help others and work with an energetic and helpful team which is something that is crucial to enjoying a position!
Pros
Benefits, Great Co-workers
Cons
Some long days
Good Place to Start
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 20, 2016
It's a good place to start an HR career. You learn staffing, recruiting, work comp, and many other HR related job functions. The hardest part of the job is sometimes finding candidates that are very qualified or just figuring out where to recruit for certain candidates, so it's a great learning experience. The company really promotes teamwork, but it could work on it a bit also. There seems to be some communication breakdowns.
Very helpful in finding a job
Temp To Hire (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 12, 2016
They are very helpful in finding work for you. So far I have mainly had temp positions, and would like full time office position.
Pros
availability of work
Cons
no temp to hire positions for me so far
Staffing company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 7, 2016
I used to do data entry work like grading test for school all across Minnesota... love it but lost the job because i moved to another city..
Pretty good temp service to work for
Data Entry personnel (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 27, 2016
I learned what I did not want to do for work. I really enjoyed working with everyone in my department. The management was friendly.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 5, 2016
i didn't understand the reason that they let me go. i really had a nice time there. my co-workers were really nice. i put parts in boards, laser machine and wash machine.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no help when asked.
Very productive workplace , always something to do.
UPS mail innovations Part-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you never had the same type of day, there was always something new for me to learn.
As a temp employee work was relitively easy.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAMarch 12, 2016
A usual 8 to 10 hour day started with stretching exercises. We a lot of times had to wait for the room to be completely sanitized. As a temp worker most of the work was super easy. I learned that factory food preparation is committed to keeping things very sanitary. The Management is continually trying to improve on the quality of the product and the cleanliness of the plant. My coworkers were easy to get along with and willing to help with chores of the job that were different (than expected) to learn. The hardest part of the job was learning this one machine. Most every temp liked that job including me! You were tired but felt like you accomplished something at the end of the day!!!
Pros
Good pay, hours that were requested were usually given, days off were given as needed, wage was OK for temp work!
Cons
Sometimes the hours were short between the time you got off and the time you had to start again.
Great company
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 5, 2016
calling, communicating, recruit, interview, email.
improved email communication,
Supervisors & managers are amazing
coworkers are helpful and fun
Language Barrier
working as a team
Pros
supervisors, goal setting
Cons
temp work healthcare
Doherty Staffing
Robot Runner (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 1, 2015
This was great. Just a temp service though. One thing I did not like was not getting paid for every minute I was on the clock. My shift was over at 7am and I wouldn't get paid past that unless I stayed longer than 15 minutes. Even then I wouldn't get paid for the last 15 min of work. So if I worked until 7:30, I would only get paid until 7:15. If I worked until 7:10 I would only get paid until 7:00.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doherty Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.