Dole Food Company Employee Reviews

Money is great, no work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 17, 2017
Don't expect to take your PTO or be promoted within the company. You make great pay but are required to work long hours. Management expects nothing but perfection. Good luck with this company.
Pros
In house cafeteria, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, no bonuses, raises or promotions
Job was not what was represented
Treasury Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 11, 2017
This was not the right job for me. The job that was promised on the job description was not what I actually ended up doing on a day to day basis. However, people were nice, lunchroom was great, workout facilities on site. Offices beautiful.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Dole is a great place to work everyone works as a team, you have chance for advancement and to work in different departments
Sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CADecember 23, 2016
Its a very good work place and its easy money if you really need a job.They pay great and they work with you if u need a day off or whatever.
Lifetime security
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 16, 2015
A good company to work for, although it lacks work life balance. Very demanding, people are great to work with here although it depends on the position and management.
A typical day at work
Q A Technician (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CASeptember 10, 2015
A typical day of work, was to get greet colleagues, have the business meeting where we were told where were the products which were priorities and we took note of everything, then we entered the work area each in his area assigned

I learned a lot from my bosses and colleagues, because he always had a positive response and solution to any problem
Pros
Break each two hours for ten minutes
Cons
overt time and incentives for good work
Senior programmer/Analyst - Collected, analyzed, and designed reports
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAAugust 24, 2015
A typical day at work was to face the challenge of learning the business side of Dole Fresh fruit and implementing the best solution for the project. The hardest part of the job was that the company decided to go toward some other solution that won't last in long run. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my future husband
Pros
great environment
Incredibly unorganized company
Quality Assurance III (Former Employee) –  AtwaterJuly 12, 2015
The good people at Dole are great to work with. Unfortunately, the company is antiquated thus leads terrible organization. This company struggles with scheduling and wish the best of luck to individuals that work there.
Cons
Breaks are no where near the legal limit of ten. No clocks in production.
Priviledge Company to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 30, 2014
Reputable Company to work, but unfortunatelly, the owner change the direction move back the AP Team to Costa Rica from LA Headquarter.
Created a food and fitness culture that supported healthier choices
Senior Vice President, Dole Nutrition Institute (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CASeptember 7, 2014
What many of us take for granted -- the growing,sourcing, packaging, and logistical transport of the food we buy at the grocery store --- is a complex process, and there are countless smart, dedicated people who make it happen, many of them work at Dole! It was a great experience to learn about this process, and imbue it with a vision of how fruit and vegetables support our health and reduce disease risk.
Pros
Beautiful headquarters, Strong chairman's vision, legacy heritage.
World leading produce company
Marketing Program Manager, Children's (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2012
Dole is an excellent place to work. They provide a great work environment, benefits, salary and opportunities for advancement.