Dole Fresh Vegetables

Dole Fresh Vegetables Employer Reviews

Extremely exciting and rewarding work experience in the produce sector.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Monterey, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free salads!
Cons: limited sick and vacation time.
My job at Dole was very rewarding. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to expand my knowledge base regarding state of art technologies such as Cognos Report Studio, eCommerce interfacing.
job security
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: cold and wet environment
A very good place to work, management is good though its 34 degrees all the time.
productive
Production (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCDecember 13, 2013
Keep the work environment clean, safe, and at a steady pace.
IT Management seems stuck in the 80s.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Monterey, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: occasionally sell bagged salads at low cost
Cons: stodgy management, makes plans but cannot follow through
Overall a good palce to work. Many dedicated and friendly employees. Management seems to be having a hard time on newer opportunities such as work from home, Agile development, and flex-time scheduling. Compensation is industry average, perks about the same. Good AG practices and many people are striving to be cutting edge in that area.
Love the fast paced environment
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Bessemer City, NCNovember 2, 2013
Pros: health and dental insurance
Typical day - updating ship sheet, mainframe and JDE. Checking in and out truck drivers. Keeping DCConnect updated. Processing loads and making sure all information for the day is entered accurately.
Learned how to move around in DCConnect to make sure inventory matches what is actually still in the warehouse
I have the best management. Very understanding – more... and easy to talk to
Co-workers are fun and make the job feel like its not really work.
I enjoy everything about my job, but my favorite is the fast paced environment – less
 Extensive Experience in Receiving and Shipping
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
I am available to work any hours from Monday to Saturday.
I Have Extensive Experience in Receiving and Shipping area.
I like to work in a team
Under new Management!
Production Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bessemer City, NCJuly 18, 2013
Being under new management a day at Dole became futuristic. The New Operations Mangement promoted team work and working hard. No lack was acceptable in your performance. She agrees in taking care of her employee's which made a work day enjoyable.
Good work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMay 10, 2013
Pros: three twelve hour days one week and four the next
Cons: 35 degree warehouse
Typical day was average, learned different skills like how to change forklift batteries
A Serious and Yet Fun place to work.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: learning about the safety of the manufacturing of food .
Cons: learning to adjust to the extreme cold
A typical day is Making sure that all employees are accounted for daily and at their work stations on time.The co-workers are very friendly and willing to help anyone in need .The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to people who was leaving .The most enjoyable part was seeing the face of an employee who had bid for a job promotion and was given – more... the job. – less
Team Work
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, OHFebruary 7, 2013
I believe in "Team Work" to accomplish goals.
Set a goal, train employees, get them engaged, make people accountable, get their feedback, and once the goal is achieved, give positive feedback to your team, good job! If you didn't meet the goal than you must find the root cause of the probem and fix it, so it doesn't re-occur.
Actually a good place to work that does need improvements in some departments.
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: my co- workers were exceptional and easy to work with.
Cons: wouldn't listen to any ideas or explanations about anything.
A typical day at Dole was fast paced, learning something new everyday. had opportunities for advancement. I learned a lot about the quality and the package coding and dates, as well as OSHA reguirements, Sanitation requirements, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, Good Manufacturing Practices, Blood Borne Pathogens and Standard Operating Procedures.
Cold
Trayline Personel (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCNovember 11, 2012
I liked my job very much and loved learning new thing was a plus for me.
nice to place to work at.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Soledad CaSeptember 28, 2012
it was a nice place to work at people were friendly very fast pace enviroment .
Nice place to work.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Bessemer City, NCSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: rewards for saftey and producivity. verticle mobility.
Cons: cold climate. long/ unpredictable shifts.
Okay benefits. Physically demanding. Strict management.
JOB SECURITY IS AT A LOW, WANT TO HIRE ONLY TEMPS NOT REGULAR EMPLOYEES SO THEY DON'T HAVE BENEFITS.
Professional FORK LIFT DRIVER (Current Employee), Springfield, OHAugust 30, 2012
Pros: i work four, ten hour days.
Cons: the work that i have to do at times is extremely physical.
I WORK IN RECEIVING AT OUR PLANT. I LOAD AND PREPARE PALATS FOR PRODUCE. I DRIVE MY FORK LIFT TO MOVE PRODUCE AND THEN I HAVE TO WRAP THE PRODUCE FOR SHIPPING.
A diverse place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 22, 2012
Pros: free salad
Cons: no raises
At Dole you will work with a wide variety of individuals who are of all different nationalities.
Good people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 15, 2012
When you start you have to go to the office and sign in and fill out your VIR card. I learned just about every job. Unloading the trucks of product,label it and scan it then put it away in the warehouse. Dropping off film to the packing department, setting up the film for first shift production most of the rolls are 40 to 60 lbs give or take. Unloaded – more... the box trucks and replenished the box room for production. Also make sure the area you worked in is cleaned and picked up.
Also worked on the Line where you have to load bin dumpers with raw product so they can make the salad. The Supervisors make sure everyone is doing what they are suppose to do. Had a tail gate just about every week to insure safety. The Training is pretty good and you have to learn a lot of team work to get the job done.

The Hardest part is keeping production happy you see they use radios and if a certain product is not delivered Production calls about it and this will cause down time. Honestly what hurt the most is when they added 2 more production lines that created a high demand in work load. The most enjoyable part is the people and the special awards that was given to the workers like having food parties and all kinds of functions. – less

About Dole Fresh Vegetables

With a history rooted in pineapple plantations, Dole Foods has become the world's largest producer of fresh fruit and vegetables. Recognized by its Dole – Read more