Dole Fresh Vegetables Employee Reviews

Very Organized and established place
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CADecember 9, 2017
Overall working at Dole was busy and demanding. You learn a lot even if you have experience. Many systems are unique and exceptional to dole standards.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast paste and demanding
Not enough breaks and not enough training for the job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCDecember 4, 2017
I like it there but the management does not care about the employees the team leader is not on the floor enough to realize that the employees need a break when it is time for them to take one. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad company to work for, it just needs some improvement when it comes to the grunts that makes the company money
Pros
I got a job
Cons
When you only get one or two breaks in a 10 or 12 HR shift you get to thinking it ain't worth it
Challenging place to work in a good way.
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 6, 2017
Good place to work but sometimes hectic at certain times of the year. Provides necessary training. Good salary package. Fair health benefits. Challenging place to work in a good way.
Pros
Flexible hours, provides necessary training.
Cons
Fast paced
Everything geared towards illegals
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 2, 2017
My department manager was good, easy to talk to, very understanding. My immediate supervisor had mood swings so bad you never knew when he was going to go off on you. Always walked on egg shells. If you weren't a suck up you couldn't advance. If you get hurt, it's at least a year before you can switch positions. 85% of the workforce are illegal. I met some really good friends there that I hope to keep in touch with.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Everything but friends I made
Dole
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Had to keep stuff running what ever type of Vegetables they ran that day had to weigh the produce had to supply availability and reports and make sure it was correct.
Pros
working with the people
Cons
slippery and cold
Its a decent job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 23, 2017
I think its an okay job i enjoyed my time there. it was very interesting but you have to endure alot there. there are alot of things you gotta keep in mind that a job is a blessing
productive
triming salad mix (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 13, 2017
you had to be able to stand it being cold.
you get to see how the salads is made.
you don't just stay in one place.
you meet new people.
wear layer of clothes and boots.
wear smocks gloves three different kinds mask goggles hard hamlet.
no jewelry of any kind no neil polish.
Pros
it was challenging
Cons
it was cold
I did not like this place at all
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCSeptember 10, 2017
The only good thing about this job was the co-workers I had. My direct supervisor didn't respect me a lot. The hours were sometimes long and stressful.
Pros
co- workers
Cons
horrible supervisor
Ok place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  SalinasSeptember 7, 2017
overworked, underpaid. No room for moving up, Corp doesn't know what they are doing. The company doesn't listen to the employee who impact day to day work.
Unfair workplace
Rework Operator (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCAugust 29, 2017
We work 10-12 hour shifts 5 days a week. I learned that no matter how hard I work I can never get the recognition I deserve I put in for manager positions etc. and they rather hire off street people who is not even familiar with that environment plus the cold weather.
Pros
pay check
Cons
management just the workplace in general
No work life balance but you get to work with mostly awesome people
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CAAugust 7, 2017
No work life balance but you get to work with mostly awesome people.

Some executives are horrible ego maniacs. Lots of the managers, directors and VPs are amazing, and truly try to help you grow. Lots f opportunity for growth and development.
Productive working
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCAugust 7, 2017
a typical day at the job you are on your feet for 10 hours and you earn to take the machine apart and clean the machine then putting the pieces together the management is not secure you have to remind your supervisor of your days called off you get a 15 minute break a 30 minute break and another 15 minute break.
I absolutely loved the time I spent working at Dole.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 31, 2017
Working for Dole Fresh Vegetables was by far the most teaching experience I have ever had at a job of any kind. You are treated as more than just a gear in the machine and the employees are very much a family, some of my best relationships with friends were formed working here. The management offers not only their experience to you but also break sweat alongside you as an equal worker, offering opportunity for advancement and plenty of chances to get more hours, learn new skills, and gain more benefits.
Pros
Excellent work environment, opportunity for advancement, good pay.
Cons
Easy to overwork yourself.
steady work but poor managment
trim line operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 19, 2017
they always move you around so you never know where you're going to be or what you're going to be doing. they just throw you in a station with no derections on how or what you're to do and almost everybody there speaks another language, mainly spanish, so communication is very poor.
Production
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 11, 2017
Environment is horrible it's not hard work at all but it's horrible conditions make it hard to work there and no one hardly speaks English there so when you need help you can't really ask a close by Co worker
Pros
Good hours and ok pay through two hawk services
Cons
Hardly no one speaks english, They tell you that you will have a buddy but then just throw you into it.
Great place with greater people.
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NC 28016June 12, 2017
A regular work day included paper work organization, information inputting (on computer), and socializing with people. I have learned how to interact with people on different levels because people come from all around the world such as Africa, Europe, even Asia. The management at Dole is beyond what a person could ask for. There is no discrimination and they understand that life is life things happen. Positive people make a positive environment. The hardest part of my job is the cold. As an office clerk, there isn't much that is difficult, but if there was something difficult that come along there is so much help. The most enjoyable part of my job is simply coming to work. There are so many positive people with great attitudes just make twelve hours fly by.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, positive people, and the amount of guidance.
Cons
The cold
Productive and lots of work
Forklift Operator/Loader (Current Employee) –  Marina, CAJune 5, 2017
The schedule consists of four shifts mornings,noon,evenings and a night shift. The beginning of the week is busy but then it slows in the middle of the week, to pick up for the weekend. Produce is a simple business to learn, so a hard working employee will be successful. Management consists of many individuals that have worked there for years. The workplace culture is group oriented where seniority is enforced. You have to relocate seasonally to be hired, It is a 24/7 operation, individuals work 6-7 days a week,with a lot of hours to work. The wages made are substantial when you put in the work.
Pros
Good money, occasional fresh vegetables.
Cons
Can work up to two weeks till a day off, long periods of waiting for various situations.
Good Company and great opportunities for growth
Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CA 93960May 31, 2017
Every day at work was challenging. I was given a lot of trainings witch gave me lots of opportunities for growth. I built my skill sets with this company at there processing facility.
Intence and Stressful
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 30, 2017
It is extremely cold and often times chlorine levels can be unbearable. Management is often constantly barking at you about speed there is a lack of concern for ones outside life and safe and quality product
benefits
Cons
healthcare
Always busy, never hot
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 22, 2017
Very fast paced, time goes by quickly, always busy so you really don't notice the temp. Cleanest place I've ever worked at. A lot of PPE to wear but Dole provides everything.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, never hot
Cons
A lot of police on the road going home at 3 am