Dole Fresh Vegetables Employee Reviews

Lousy Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I could deal with the 34 degree temperature.It's very easy work. They didn't really appreciate their employees when I was there AND the pay is not worth it.
review
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 13, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for I would recommend to anyone. I love my job and look forward to arriving each day. Looking forward to continued growth.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
Work hard thru staffing company... Doing hard labor jobs for only 9.25
lead person in Dry room (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCNovember 17, 2016
They have jobs grouped in hard labor and easy labor... You only make 9.25 thru staffing service... Very clean environment. Can be very cold at times. The training is not that great, more of a learn on your own job.
Excellent company to work for
Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCOctober 19, 2016
Very fast paced. Excellent co-workers and management. I learned a great deal about Safe Quality Food and the process of working in a fast paced Food Processing Facility. The hardest part of the job was juggling all the different training sets. Most enjoyable was the other employees.
Pros
Free incentives for Safety and Proactivity
Cons
Short lunches
Generally pleasant work environment.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 14, 2016
A pleasant work place. Good income, but not very substantial raises. The work life balance is not great in that you are expected to work some weekends and holidays.
Pros
Frequent free goods
Cons
work life balance not great
Looking for better job.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 20, 2016
Working at dole is starting to becoming a problem with my life outside of the job. Trying to find a new job wit good benefits, good pay, and weekends off if possible.
Worst place to work
Dry room operator (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 20, 2016
This place is by far the worst place to work if your on first shift you work 11 hours a day while the other 2 shifts only work 5 or 6 hours n you only get paid $8.25 an hour with no bonus or raise and unless your kissing somebodys butt you won't get nowhere in there and on top of it all hr is nothing but a bunch of lies they only wanna hire illegal immigrants you start off in a temp service n after 90 days your suppose to get rolled over nope I was there for 9 months n nothing they kept telling me I would be rolled over soon n nothing ever happened so I found me another job that pays a lot better n every person in there is ether dating or married n they have s** in the parking lot n security won't do anything about it you are literally having to work your butt off for 5 hours at a time with no break cause everybody wants to take hour long breaks n not get in trouble for it so unless your illegal don't work here
No comment
Receiving / Yields Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJanuary 25, 2016
An average company to work for. The downside to this position wasn't so much the hours as the days of work. Very stressful job and the compensation was not equal to what you had to do.
Pros
Casual dress (jeans, tshirts, comfortable)
Cons
Very cold place to work and the length of days without a break.
Productivity is Key!
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 25, 2015
Trimming Lettuce and sorting throughout spinach and other vegetables. Folding boxes and opening them, cleaning the floors, adding extras to salads.
Pros
Lunch and Three fifteen minute breaks.
Cons
Lunch was only a half hour had to clock back in each time takes too long to put on your gear.
Great work place
Senior Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 15, 2015
Great management and employees. Great pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Really did not like this job to cold low pay
Trimmer/Cutter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 22, 2015
I really did not like this job because we would have to work our hardest to have a low pay.I would never work this job again if i have to stand in the cold
Very good place to work
Forklift Operator/Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCSeptember 25, 2015
Very good place to work if looking for a lifetime job, my advice is not to get close to anyone. Very willing to work there again.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Great work environment.Management was great.There was a lot of productive work.I would highly recommend this work place.
it was good hard working job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJune 26, 2015
Dole was a good hard work place to work. It kept me busy and that's is something i always liked. I would always go and rework salad and kept reworks of it. My co-workers were amazing. I still keep in contact with most of them. I enjoyed the people i worked with. The hardest part was the fact that i would never know when i would get off because we got done whenever production was done.
Pros
varies hours
Cons
the cold 24/7 it would be 34 degrees
Fast paced enviroment, great management team
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 10, 2015
Producing salads, from raw product to cleaned and packaged. Management is solid and has vision and goals. Labor workforce has somewhat of a high turnover, this being due to the cold work environment.
Pros
Steady work enviroment.
Cons
Cold work enviroment.
Great place to work with exceptional benefits and friendly work environment with opportunity for advancement.
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 14, 2015
PMO operation of vegetables and fruit. Safety. Hardest part of job was temp condtions cold. Most enjoyable part of job was staff and work schedule and pay.
Balancing competing priorities
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day revolves around the dynamic production schedule. Things change quickly and production requirements are updated frequently throughout the day. I work with a great group of skilled people in the maintenance department. The group does everything from programming and process control to checking fasteners. The hardest part of the job is finding the opportunities to accomplish scheduled and required maintenance when production schedules shift and access to equipment is limited.
a lot of turnover in maintenance
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJanuary 29, 2015
The pay is good but the maintenance manager is bad. He is not very good at managing and is not truthful. Working in production is worse, the pay there is very bad.
Production Production
Machine Operator Lead/ PMO Lead (Current Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJanuary 8, 2015
A typical days work for me is easy. I just have co workers who neglect to stay on the right path for the company to make progression. In doing so this is the hardest part of my job. But I couldnt have a better day when we reach our goals.
Pros
Paid lunch, good hours, good benefits
Enjoyed my 20 + years at DFV and was continually provided new opportunities for growth.
Director of Credit (Former Employee) –  Monterey,Ca.December 7, 2014
Dole Fresh Vegetables is an ever evolving company within the produce industry. Ample opportunity to learn/grow were abundant and it was a great organization to be affiliated with. Days are hectic and busy but at the end of the day one went home with a sense of teamwork, achievement and a job well done as recognized by peers and SR.management alike.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dole Fresh Vegetables. Our community is ready to answer.

Dole Fresh Vegetables Reviews by Location