Dollar Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at Dollar Bank
Bankruptcy/Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2016
I loved working for Dollar Bank. I had wonderful management mentors as well as fine co-workers. Every day was a new day of accomplishments to reach, I Loved It.
Pros
Stressful Ecconomic times
Cons
Everyone just need to be guided to rebound from their debts.
Nice environment, good hours.
TELLER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2016
Working at a Hispanic community and not having enough employees that speaks Spanish sometimes is hard to handle because you have like 5 or more people waiting for you and you don't want to have people upset because you are taking so long with them. But for me I enjoy working with the Hispanic community.
Pros
Good hours to work
Cons
Need more staff, especially tellers
Productive Workplace
Data Securty Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2016
I have learned a lot while working at Dollar Bank. This bank is a very good place to start out if you are interested in retail banking. I
Pros
Free Parking at iberty Comons and Shuttle service to and from Downtown all day
Cons
No lunch Cafeteria very isolated area in Liberty Commons
Employees, Customers, Investors
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2015
The Company has been in business for over 125 years because it puts employee's first who will take care of the customer and the bottom line.
Senior Management doesn't recognize nor prepare young talent.
same as it was 8 years ago (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 21, 2015
The only way to advance is to befriend the VP of HR or work for the right manager whose willing to put up a fight for employee advancement.
Great culture, not so great pay
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2015
Dollar Bank was founded in 1855 making it the oldest bank in Pittsburgh but sometimes the technology, pay and procedures makes it feel like you are in 1855. Compared to the competition Dollar Bank does not pay employees well, but at the same time there are no goals to hit besides stay positive on the account side of things. Dollar Bank is mutual which makes sense about the pay but taking care of a family on that budget is tough, great for single people who only have to take care of themselves. The technology is slow still using a DOS like system when other banks have gone more streamlined with their interfaces. Dollar Bank does have a very intense and drawn out training program which makes you still a little clueless while in the branches.
Pros
Great people to work with and great atmosphere for the customers.
Cons
Pay, Advancement
Good training experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2015
Working at Dollar provides a solid understanding of the processes and procedures for working in a financial institution.
Great company,culture. Bank-wide below average pay
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Great place to work. Bank provides parties, contests and prizes for employees. Work is non-commission based meaning less pressure but also far below average pay.
Nice place to work with room for advancement.
Operations Manager (Assistant Manager I) (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJune 4, 2015
*Learned all about banking and different products offered.
*Learned about mutuality.
*Typical day involves reviewing different areas of work, running a teller window for backup, ensuring any assigned audits are completed, assisting/coaching newer employees, completing schedules, assisting customers with any needs they may have and doing outbound follow up/sales calls.
*Have enjoyed all co-workers I have had throughout my time at the bank.
*Hardest part of my job is finding time to complete all areas of my position when new tasks/duties are continuously being added to my job description. It seems to get done, however sometimes it doesn't feel as if they will be enough time.
*The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching people new things, whether it be employees or customers. I enjoy knowing I helped someone or did the right thing for them.
Pros
Have been able to advance quickly when they recognized I had the skills to do so.
Cons
Expected that schedules can be rearranged at last moment, doesn't matter if something in personal life was already scheduled.
Very poor management
Records Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2015
No room for advancement. Not appreciated. Hard work is not rewarded. Poor compensation. Poor attitudes from management.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Poor pay. Not even keeping up with the cost of living.
Productive and constructive work place
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2015
I've only been her a short while, but the people are really nice and friendly.
I find my work load to be quite steady, which is a good thing for me. I can focus on the next task at hand.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Stressful, toxic place to work
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2015
Nearly all day you will stuff envelopes for mailers while taking calls and completing more paperwork for account openings. You have to be able to multitask on software that had its heyday in the 1990s and be prepared for limited learning. Have a question that isn't answered in the manuals? Be prepared for 5 different answers from 5 different people. There was limited room for advancement and growth. You will be expected to wait until your lunch to use the restroom, and don't call out to clients and actually sell - they need you to cover for their online banking calls, and the online banking hasn't been updated in 15 years!
Pros
8 hour shifts, lunch room to stop meal, free parking, benefits fair, empathetic coworkers
Cons
30 minute lunches (all other depts 45-60 minutes), questionable guidelines, passive aggressive tactics by management, draconian micromanaging, very much against change
Banking since the 1800's -- literaly
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2015
A solid local company but do not expect any innovation or compensation close to the industry standard. They DO NOT like change here.
Like getting paid to go to high school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2015
The systems were ancient and unreliable, no one really advances, the online banking is horrible, and I've spent more time playing tech advisor than being an actual customer service advisor. The mail system is horrible. There is one person that creates the letter heads, and most of the time, they are printed wrong--- sometimes inaccurate or security compromising information is accidentally printed on letters. This person never gets fired for whatever reason.

The management is very cliquish, some of the supervisors are rude and gossip about their advisors openly. The main supervisor doesn't know what they're doing most of the time and you'll always end up having to ask their superior. They also surprisingly do not do well with confrontation. Actually, they are quite passive-aggressive in that regard.

My co-workers were interesting. Most of them were very nice, others felt they needed to unnecessarily brown nose management to the point they became errand people. Some of them succeeded in befriending management resulting in very obvious biased treatment.
Others were using unethical means to more than triple their reported assets. There were nights when there were no available supervisors, which is interesting because supervisors are needed to complete certain tasks for customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job mostly had to do with the parties. There were so many of them, considering many people decided to quit and their departures are almost always celebrated.

The hardest part of the job usually came when the online banking systems were down, and we had to come up with
  more... illogical reasons to tell our customers.

The pay was decent, but definitely not enough for the amount of work that had being produced. and DEFINITELY significantly less than the same position at other banks.

This place taught me to train myself. Their training doesn't prepare you for what problems you'll actually face on the job. The more you educate yourself, the better off you'll be.
Nice place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Loved working for Dollar. Had a wonderful time there.
Long hours and short staffing was an issue. pay was an
issue. It was too low compared to other Banks.
Pros
work environment
Cons
long hours and pay
One of the best
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 17, 2014
I really enjoy working at Dollar Bank, there is almost nothing bad to say about the company. The people I work with are great, there's a lot of interoffice communication and when calling the different departments you rarely find anyone that seems like they don't want to help you. I love working here, the only problem is that they are only located in PA and OH and I'm looking to move somewhere else.
Pros
great atmosphere, benefits
Cons
only located in pa and oh
Good Place To Work
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 27, 2014
Very stable. Very flexible. Advancement is slow but you can retire comfortably from this place if you stick around.
Fun workplace little compensation
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Love the people i work with but undervaled based on pay. Can be stressful and the hardest part is making ends meet with the low compensation.
Easy work, decent pay, prepare to stagnate
Staff Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 4, 2014
Great people to work with, and it is a very low stress job. There's no over time and rarely any pressure from management. Moving up in the audit department is nearly impossible though. After 5 years you become senior, then you just stop. Great first job out of school though.
Pros
low stress, easy hours, laid back
Cons
no upward mobility
A pleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaMay 5, 2014
Working at Dollar was very pleasant. The company has a great focus on customer and customer service without forgetting their employees.