Dollar Bank Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work
Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2017
A average day working for Dollar Bank was being on time checking the fax machine making sure nothing came in after office hours. Also respecting each other and their personal space was great there.
Ok
Customer Service Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 5, 2017
Room for advancement
Nice Hours/Holiday pay
Communication issues with management
low pay for how much you are required to do
Benefits available
Good products for customers
Understaffed and Very Stressful
Customer Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2017
The work culture is okay as long as you don't make a mistake. There is A LOT to the job that they don't tell you about when you start. I feel like I would enjoy the job more if I was at a different office under different management. Different managers create different vibes in each office. Some are more relaxed and understanding while some are more uptight and strict. Everything is looked at under a microscope, which is understandable since it's a federally regulated job. Just don't apply to Dollar Bank if you aren't good at paying attention to details in EVERY little aspect of your work.

Dollar Bank pays less than other banks but really good if you've never had bank experience, just hope you apply to a good office. Okay benefits, and really nice occasional company outings. Turnover for those not in management (at least in my branch) seems high. No one stays for more than 2 years. Even the float pool is constantly changing. Some branches are crazy behind on calls, but they're always adding new marketing ones and piling up on them.

They stress that they're not "selling" products but put the pressure on if you don't meet your goal each month, whether your branch gets a lot of foot traffic or not. To be expected of a bank, but when you work at a branch in a low income neighborhood where a good majority of the customers have poor credit history and they expect you to close loans worth 40-50K or more each month, it feels a little unrealistic.

Overall I really wanted to like working here more, but I have stress nightmares about my work. There's always some new situation
  more... that pops up because of the various aspects of the job and if you never had exposure to things like IRA's, Trusts, Power of Attorneys, or other various legal banking matters, it can be hard to comprehend them with no prior knowledge. A lot of the job is just getting experience, but I still wouldn't recommend working here to any of my family or friends with the amount of things you have to do between opening accounts, loan applications, loan closings, follow up calls, inputting RB notes, dealing with situations that take 20 phone calls to get resolved, running a teller window, and routine office work. All of this while making sure you don't make any mistakes, constantly on the look out for opportunities to sell a loan or checking account, and making sure you keep up with your work before the end of the day. It can just feel really overwhelming. Not to mention with all the bank robberies happening lately it's just generally not safe to work at a bank in Cleveland right now.  less
Pros
Good for entry level, Great learning experience, Good hours, Paid vacation
Cons
Management, Less pay, High stress, Understaffed
Excellent
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
Unfortunately people don't do research before they take a job. If they did, they would see that Dollar Bank offers at or above salaries at all levels. Plus if you do your job there are many opportunities for motivated individuals. It's unfair that people take to message boards and say they are not paid enough when they are well compensated for the level of work they are doing. I have been promoted four times since join the bank and I've worked here less than ten years. If you do your research you'll find Dollar Bank offers great wages and benefits plus there is very little stress put on you from upper management. It's a great place to work and grow a careers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work hours
Cons
Doesn't pay anything compared to other banks
Customer Service Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
Worked as a customer service float for a little over a year. Employees were friendly and the customers were super sweet. However, upper level management js a complete joke and truly lack any managerial skills. Absolutely no room for advancement. And other banks recruit from them because they offer a minimum of $5,000 or more a year for the same position.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, No room for growth
Was a good place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2017
I worked here quite a few years back. At the time, it was a good place to work. Free parking, decent compensation. Overall a positive environment. Not certain how it would be today.
Pros
nothing stands out
Cons
nothing stands out
Demanding work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 13, 2017
The overall environment was okay. The pay was very low for what was required of you. The hours were long and ever changing. Not ideal for someone with a family.
Pros
Small family like structure
Cons
Long hours and low pay
productive and fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2017
it was a new experience being a float teller going from branch to branch great customer service, time management, patience, hardest part of the job was remembering customers in the different branches but it could be done, meeting new people everyday most enjoyable
Pros
site changes daily, good pay, benefits, and co-worker
Cons
none really
Branch manager of a small office
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2017
I ensured the public was provided with banking services, credit decisions and account research in a timely fashion. I improved bank business with analysis of customer needs. I strengthened and increased market share through business development. I reinforced the operations with staff training and encouragement.
private banking
Private Banking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 13, 2016
It was a super easy job. it's usually boring. I enjoy working with private banking clients and being able to help them outside of the box
False advertising
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2016
They try to tell you there is advancement and a great culture, but in the end it is just a high turn over if you aren't buddy buddy with management. It seemed great at first, but in less than a year it was a nightmare.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2016
Good company, great staff, performed numerous tasks, training new hires is a great part of this bank, very laid back and professional attitude
A typical day at Dollar Bank
Bankruptcy/Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2016
I loved working for Dollar Bank. I had wonderful management mentors as well as fine co-workers. Every day was a new day of accomplishments to reach, I Loved It.
Pros
Stressful Ecconomic times
Cons
Everyone just need to be guided to rebound from their debts.
fun place to work if you like to eat!
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2016
Always something to eat! Someone is always ordering out! In the heart of the strip district. Free parking. Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. Great when they ask for you by name!
Pros
Always laughing!
Cons
tough schedule, one day you close, next day you open.
Nice environment, good hours.
TELLER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2016
Working at a Hispanic community and not having enough employees that speaks Spanish sometimes is hard to handle because you have like 5 or more people waiting for you and you don't want to have people upset because you are taking so long with them. But for me I enjoy working with the Hispanic community.
Pros
Good hours to work
Cons
Need more staff, especially tellers
Productive Workplace
Data Securty Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2016
I have learned a lot while working at Dollar Bank. This bank is a very good place to start out if you are interested in retail banking. I
Pros
Free Parking at iberty Comons and Shuttle service to and from Downtown all day
Cons
No lunch Cafeteria very isolated area in Liberty Commons
Employees, Customers, Investors
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2015
The Company has been in business for over 125 years because it puts employee's first who will take care of the customer and the bottom line.
Senior Management doesn't recognize nor prepare young talent.
same as it was 8 years ago (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 21, 2015
The only way to advance is to befriend the VP of HR or work for the right manager whose willing to put up a fight for employee advancement.
Great culture, not so great pay
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2015
Dollar Bank was founded in 1855 making it the oldest bank in Pittsburgh but sometimes the technology, pay and procedures makes it feel like you are in 1855. Compared to the competition Dollar Bank does not pay employees well, but at the same time there are no goals to hit besides stay positive on the account side of things. Dollar Bank is mutual which makes sense about the pay but taking care of a family on that budget is tough, great for single people who only have to take care of themselves. The technology is slow still using a DOS like system when other banks have gone more streamlined with their interfaces. Dollar Bank does have a very intense and drawn out training program which makes you still a little clueless while in the branches.
Pros
Great people to work with and great atmosphere for the customers.
Cons
Pay, Advancement
Good training experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2015
Working at Dollar provides a solid understanding of the processes and procedures for working in a financial institution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.