Dollar General
5,157 reviews

Dollar General Employee Reviews

productive and dedication
store manager (Current Employee), palatka,flJune 29, 2015
learn new things everyday, understanding of how impactful little things can be on a customer that you wouldn't see as the customer.
A learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIJune 29, 2015
Dollar General was my first job. I was able learn some learn leadership and management skills. It was a time where i learned how to work with team environment and how to work with guest.
was fun most time
Store Manager (Former Employee), nashville tn.June 29, 2015
Pros: bounse
Cons: 7 days a week
not fair very streefull,long hours loved my co workers. i did learn alot while with them but they do not care about there people pay low for what they wanted
productive and friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), sandersville, ga.June 29, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work considered me to build relationship with co-workers and allowing me to learn team work. The co-workers were people i'll consider as family. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my shift because it was like i loved working there but had to clock out when it was time due to the lack of hours giving to me. I love to work and coming in contact with different people; I'm a people person.
Fast paced, pack to the brim, hot store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grifton, NCJune 28, 2015
The work was more than could be done in the amount of time you were scheduled for. There was no air conditioning in the store and the summers were horrible. Employees would work until they almost passed out
my employees are the best
Store Manager (Current Employee), Honeoye, NYJune 28, 2015
unrealistic goals with little to no hours, no family time expect you to work 50 plus hours a week but only pay for 40. But we do have awesome employees
good company to wprk for
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Venice, FLJune 28, 2015
cash register, front shelves, keep floors clean, work with managers and co-workers, love to meet people , people enjoy coming in when iam working they greet me by my first name, try to make them feel welcome
n/a
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 28, 2015
No comments at the moment. Customer service can be a challenge but its easy to get promotion and get paid weekly. But security can be a lot better but the corporation does not want to pay for one.
Would have been better with stable Store Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 27, 2015
It was a good place to work because of the customers I came in contact with on a daily bases as well as those I had never met before. The store manager seemed to spend more time away from her job which led to me running the store and going to school at the same time.
Large Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), pawleys Island scJune 27, 2015
Pros: solid work
Cons: to far to travle
I was a ast. Mgr I liked working with the public had good hours. I did ordering cleaning stocking cash handling and management duties. had a great staff.
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbury, TNJune 26, 2015
Great place to work , in a great community, and great people to work with! Really nice to work in a place where you know everyone
Great!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Zobra as well as all my coworkers. I was a sales associate and cashier and learned many things throughout my time at Zobra.
part time store clerk
Store clerk (Former Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: schedule, part time, compensation
Co workers were fun to work with. Come to work. Count the till. Check people out. Make sure work area was clean. Greet people entering the store. When shift ended, count the till.
Stepping stone
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pollock, LAJune 26, 2015
This job gives you the experience of working in an office setting. It prepares you for the real world and has a pretty good pay scale as well. I loved it.
Terrible place to work
Lead sales associate (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJune 26, 2015
Cons: Pay
The pay was terrible considering what was required of employees. No weekends off. I worked nights and weekends so everyone else could be off. Managers wanted to throw me to the wolves with a full line of customers, while they hung out in the back gossiping. Bad bad bad place to work
Fast Paced
Lead Clerk (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALJune 25, 2015
Pros: Busy
Cons: Short breaks
If you like staying busy...this is the job for you. You need good people skills and good communication. Also be ready to stay on your feet.
I enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble.
Lead Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Danville, KYJune 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble. The management was great. I really felt like my opinion was heard and taken into consideration. I also really enjoyed working with my coworkers they were all pleasant.
Great co-workers and team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Big Sandy, TNJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great team of co-workers
Cons: Payrate is too low
Co-workers and company team were a great bunch. The hours were never too long but the physical labor was very tough. The environment made the job worth it but the pirate should be increased dramatically.
An Okay Job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 25, 2015
While I appreciated the chance I was given, it almost felt like my services was being abused there, especially for someone who was part-time.
poor advancement and pay
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: good customers
Cons: poor pay, poor managment
The hardest part of the job is having to be very flexible on hours while having to work your hardest and not get the proper compensation. It is very straight forward customer service so being able to handle a variety of people is a must. This includes the Management, which will most likely be a catty female who constantly gossips. There is a risk of robbery and if this occurs, the company doesn't console you. The most enjoyable part of the job is having return customers who truly enjoy seeing you.

About Dollar General

Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping – Read more

Dollar General Salaries