Dollar Loan Center Employee Reviews in United States

All the management and staff are back stabbing and would never do anything to help you
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2015
Working for this company taught me a lot about what people will do to make themselves look better. When they fired the regional manager and brought in a new one, he decided to fire almost everyone and hire who he wanted. I loved this job but not the way the company was run.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No raises
Great place to work and gain experience. Great staff and managers to work with.
Loan Officer/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 23, 2015
A typical day involves reports, filing, collection calls, processing about 5-10 loans per day. I learned very much working with dollar loan center from underwriting to collecting effectively. My co workers are what made it an enjoyable place to work. It was truly a team focused environment. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, which even at $12 an hour is good for entry level position. Overall my favorite part of this job was the opportunity to help people in rough times.
Pros
Make my own schedule, long lunches, company parties, room for advancement
Cons
no regular pay raise, benefits, pay
Job is easy but boring
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 26, 2016
Nice place to use customer service skills and interact with people. You get to help people and learn on finances. It gives the opportunity to manage your money by learning how to be smart with your money. No overtime, can be in the company for years in the same position plus salary never changes! Schedule is ok you always get Sunday off because that's when they are closed lol most of the people there are fake, they greet management nicely but the second they walk out they begin to talk negative
Most co workers are rude and unprofessional making it seem like they don't want to work there lol
Pros
You know you're off sundays
Cons
Expensive insurance, no raise, hard to grow in the company
Fun People to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed getting to know the customers and helping them in a time of need. I learned how to read a credit report and banking regulations. The co-workers are fabulous and always willing to help when needed. Good benefits and an amazing Christmas party.
Horrible Workplace! Run away!!!
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 21, 2014
This job is awful, and the company is badly mismanaged. The company rules are always changing, the management, or "corporate" as they like to call themselves, don't have the slightest idea what they are doing. Your job is to get people into a financial hole, and when they get buried in high interest rates, then you harass them until they disconnect their phones, or lose their jobs from the constant calls. If you have a soul, this job is not for you.
Pros
the christmas party is spectacular, but it is the reason nobody has received a raise in over 2 years.
Cons
long hours, split days off, very expensive insurance, extremely low profit sharing that is considered a "benefit".
Not Flexible
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the most part but when it comes to finishing school they are not willing to work with you. Strick hours.
Pros
Party in Vegas paid by comany
Cons
Benefits are horrible
Cesspool of waste
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 14, 2014
Terrible company. Managed by the biggest group of incompetent idiots ever to have the luxury of doing nothing but sitting in a big office and forwarding emails all day for 6 figures a year. Morale in the toilet, and for good reason.
Pros
great holiday party
Cons
no raises, constantly in fear of losing your job, management is a bunch of bullies who live for treating their subordinates like slaves, etc etc
Dollar loan center is a great place to start but not to end
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 27, 2014
Dollar loan center gave me the start I needed in my career. The day to day is the exact same work and its nice you can relay on that. The only main issue it there is no room for growth with the company. The know they can find someone who will do your job for less and they do not care about how much work you put into your job.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no pay or good benefits
Dollar Loan Center Security Department
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
I monitored 1100 cameras for all the Dollar Loan Center stores in 4 states. I also was customer service for all the employees at each store. I also had to review burglaries and make video for all the police departments in each state. The management was liked very much. Coworkers were very nice and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was watching all 1100 cameras at the same time. I truly loved all parts of that job.
Pros
hours, pay, and people
Cons
There were not any.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1010 W. Sunset rdSeptember 21, 2014
it a good company to work for. friendly people to work with but very high standers not friendly to employees that have health issues.
Pros
benifits
Cons
expections
Productive environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2015
Although this employer was outstanding and exceeded my credentials that i required and looked for in a job management was irresponsible. What i mean by management was irresponsible was that my manager did not train me properly on any of the procedures i had to physically search and find the answers along with asking co workers for assistance until it become second nature. would rate 5 stars if i was taught properly. Nothing against the company itself its an amazing place to work at just the management in my location was under par
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management in my location was unsatisfactory
Co-workers awesome,job no-so-much.
Administrative Assistant / Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2015
Very dead end job, no where to go within the department. Work under a woman who micro manages everything that is done within the office which creates a very hostile work environment. The other co-workers and management are awesome! The owner tries to take good care of his corporate employees and create an enjoyable work place.
Job Description
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Lead Technology Associate for the Southern California region (Approximately from Santa Clarita to Newport Beach). Designed, installed, implemented, and maintain all Computer systems at all retail locations (over 20 sites currently). Designed, installed, and maintain network infrastructure at every location in the region; including the offsite Audio/Video Surveilance Command Center. Maintenance of infrastructure/hardware included (but was not limited to); Phone/Helpdesk support for all retail employees, diagnosis and repair of all network/IT-related hardware, and remote system administration. An expert level of proficiency with Autotask helpdesk ticketing system was easily acquired as well.
Very nice and clean location to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 20, 2015
As a loan processor you meet with customer face to face to provide funds. Often times you are mostly on the phone trying to bring customers in. When you have a customer, you are to discuss finances i.e. how much they make? how much is rent? do you split bills? You also run a credit check. You assess whether the customer is worthy of a loan or not through a debt calculator.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
SLOOOOW job
A good chance to interact with many different people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2013
A typical day at work is to interact with customers during trying financial hardships . I learned that money management is necessary within a business as well as in a personal household. When is comes to management it is important that management stand by its written ploicies. A excellent team management style is to stand by the policy established by its own organization, back any directions they gave regardless if it was in error, and treat employees as they would like to be treated, with dignity and respect. Co-workers should give a fulls day pay for a full days work. The hardest part of the job was having to infrom a customer that we were unable to give them a loan. The mort enjoyable part of the job was telling a customer that they have been approved for a short term loan.
Pros
good health and profit sharing
Cons
high turn over percentage
It was okay.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 28, 2013
Overall this company was great to work for at first, but then a lot started to change. I think management had a lot to work on, but instead of fixing errors a lot of finger pointing went on. I didn't get along with one of the regional managers and she intimidated the heck outta me! How can anyone work with someone breathing down their neck like that? Not me! She had some weird vendetta against me from the moment I walked foot into my first day. I mean, I know a lot of people say "I don't know why she didn't like me." I really didn't. The employees overall were a lot of fun, the job was really easy and laid back, the hours and days off were great. But at the end of my rope with this company I hated going to work, I was exhausted with having to deal with power trips, and my voice wasn't being heard. Would I go back given the chance? No.
Pros
schedules, hours, laid back environment, office setting, interacting with customers.
Cons
management, management.
Fun and laid back work environment.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2013
The schedule is pretty much set with Sundays off as well as another day of the week. I was always able to view my schedule a month in advance so I never had any surprises. I was always able to request days off in advance and within reasonable time. My manager was always laid back and fairly lenient, as long as your job was done at the end of the day. This job was not one that requires much supervision, so it would not be ideal for anyone that needs micro management. Overall, this job was great and I enjoyed my experience there.
Pros
leniency, laid back.
Cons
you would get shorter lunches throughout the week if you worked saturday
Fun Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 27, 2015
In the morning we complete reports and collection calls. Throughout the day we take payments and create loans for customers when needed.
Only thing good Christmas party
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day would be manager would come in and instead of start the job will go on the phone and start gossiping. Living behind the work to the Assistant Manager,working 10+ hr a day to get a job done and for them not to appreciate not cool. but better yet that manager would get the credit for doing it. But if there is a situations or a problem going on manager would point finger on the assistant manager.You have to be the Best Friend with your Manager and District Manager oh and don't forget u have to go out with them in order to get a better position.
Cons
health care success, pay success, staff are all related and is all about politics
Fun work place, also doing something different, my favorite job of all
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  West Valley CityApril 25, 2013
A typical day at work is processing customers loans. You get to meet new people face to face and over the phone. You would handle cash, go over contracts. You are not doing to same thing over and over again. Management was very dependable, any issues you had or even just to see how your day was. I can definitely say that the management was great. Co-workers was easy to work with and get along with. No problems in that area. The most enjoyable part of the job was processing the loan.