Dollar Loan Center Employee Reviews

KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  las vegasMay 18, 2017
can be a difficult job with coworkers acting like there in highschool drama but overall the job can be fun and there christmas parties are the only good reason to work there
Pros
christmas party
Cons
management
It was ok.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
I would see on average about 17 people a day. I liked what I did I just wished I could have helped more people that obviously needed the money but for whatever reason where denied for a loan. The hardest part of my job was telling people that where struggling that I could not help them.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Not being able to help everyone you know needed help.
great
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 5, 2017
They have great opportunities and growth. Some contracts pay better and they have great policies. Great people to work for.
Busy always something to do
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Busy always something to do busy from opening to closing good hours just hard days and difficult to have plans if you dont know what you work ahead of time.
one of my favorite jobs
Assistant Manager/ Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 21, 2017
Open store get reports ready for the day.
how to read a credit report
Fun and caring
have fun but not at the cost of customers. always be professional when customer in store.
Having to tell a customer who needs the loan no.
Helping someone in need.
Pros
They would fly employees to Las Vegas and give away $5000 and a car to a lucky employee
Cons
No lifre was at work from sun p to sun down.
Great
Customer Service/ Collections/ Cash (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 21, 2017
Great place to star your carrer as a proffesional, Very proffesional and clean place, great pay as well and good oportunity to grow
It's A Good Job
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 30, 2016
If you are looking for a job that offers good benefits such as Medical, Dental, and vision this is your job. Unfortunately for 401k you need to be at least a year with the company. Also it's a very slow job you can get bored hardly any customer but you do learn a thing or two. The pay is decent but the bad part is they don't give you a raise unless you get promoted. So you can be working years and your pay will remain the same unless they promote you.
Was a job
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 22, 2016
I felt like I was bothering people everyday about paying there loans. I was get all there information then have to send it a an underwriter that was pretty rude to work with. My manager was an awesome lady and I really liked her. Most people I worked with were very nice and friendly. But I did feel like this was just a job and wasn't going to go far in the company.
Job is easy but boring
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 26, 2016
Nice place to use customer service skills and interact with people. You get to help people and learn on finances. It gives the opportunity to manage your money by learning how to be smart with your money. No overtime, can be in the company for years in the same position plus salary never changes! Schedule is ok you always get Sunday off because that's when they are closed lol most of the people there are fake, they greet management nicely but the second they walk out they begin to talk negative
Most co workers are rude and unprofessional making it seem like they don't want to work there lol
Pros
You know you're off sundays
Cons
Expensive insurance, no raise, hard to grow in the company
All the management and staff are back stabbing and would never do anything to help you
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2015
Working for this company taught me a lot about what people will do to make themselves look better. When they fired the regional manager and brought in a new one, he decided to fire almost everyone and hire who he wanted. I loved this job but not the way the company was run.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No raises
Friendly Customer Service
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 14, 2015
Great environment to work in w/ a great staff. Enjoy helping clients w/ finances needs. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help clients w/in corporate policy.
Fun People to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed getting to know the customers and helping them in a time of need. I learned how to read a credit report and banking regulations. The co-workers are fabulous and always willing to help when needed. Good benefits and an amazing Christmas party.
Great place to work and gain experience. Great staff and managers to work with.
Loan Officer/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 23, 2015
A typical day involves reports, filing, collection calls, processing about 5-10 loans per day. I learned very much working with dollar loan center from underwriting to collecting effectively. My co workers are what made it an enjoyable place to work. It was truly a team focused environment. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, which even at $12 an hour is good for entry level position. Overall my favorite part of this job was the opportunity to help people in rough times.
Pros
Make my own schedule, long lunches, company parties, room for advancement
Cons
no regular pay raise, benefits, pay
Dollar Loan Center Security Department
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
I monitored 1100 cameras for all the Dollar Loan Center stores in 4 states. I also was customer service for all the employees at each store. I also had to review burglaries and make video for all the police departments in each state. The management was liked very much. Coworkers were very nice and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was watching all 1100 cameras at the same time. I truly loved all parts of that job.
Pros
hours, pay, and people
Cons
There were not any.
Fun Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 27, 2015
In the morning we complete reports and collection calls. Throughout the day we take payments and create loans for customers when needed.
Not Flexible
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the most part but when it comes to finishing school they are not willing to work with you. Strick hours.
Pros
Party in Vegas paid by comany
Cons
Benefits are horrible
Co-workers awesome,job no-so-much.
Administrative Assistant / Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2015
Very dead end job, no where to go within the department. Work under a woman who micro manages everything that is done within the office which creates a very hostile work environment. The other co-workers and management are awesome! The owner tries to take good care of his corporate employees and create an enjoyable work place.
Very nice and clean location to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 20, 2015
As a loan processor you meet with customer face to face to provide funds. Often times you are mostly on the phone trying to bring customers in. When you have a customer, you are to discuss finances i.e. how much they make? how much is rent? do you split bills? You also run a credit check. You assess whether the customer is worthy of a loan or not through a debt calculator.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
SLOOOOW job
Productive environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2015
Although this employer was outstanding and exceeded my credentials that i required and looked for in a job management was irresponsible. What i mean by management was irresponsible was that my manager did not train me properly on any of the procedures i had to physically search and find the answers along with asking co workers for assistance until it become second nature. would rate 5 stars if i was taught properly. Nothing against the company itself its an amazing place to work at just the management in my location was under par
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management in my location was unsatisfactory
Great people to work with
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 12, 2015
There really weren't any difficulties. Expect to collect and deal with difficult customers. But it was very laid back and easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Loan Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9