Dollar Store Employee Reviews

Relaxed place
Running own business (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 26, 2017
Retired person.I was there my own boss. The place was relaxed and comfortable for others.The hardest part was in my business was to stasis the department. The stocking is all done by my ownself.
First job
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 20, 2017
Started to work here in high school. Worked great with my school schedule and learned how to be more responsible. Also helped with communication skills.
great place to get something for a buck
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNDecember 11, 2017
I liked working here, it was amazing and the customer relationships were like none other. we had the same regulars that came in whom I knew by name. the management team was great when it came to scheduling and listening to my needs.
shelves, customer service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 9, 2017
While working at the dollar store I was a cashier then I moved to the floor stocking the shelves in my department and of course helping wherever I was needed.
Cons
Also something to do so time goes fast
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO 81504December 8, 2017
Co-workers are great, friendly and outgoing. Customers are friendly and also have a joke. The hardest time would be not know what days off you have until two days before the new week, so it is hard for me to make appointments and plan my personal schedule. The problem I find is it is hard to know what is happening with the other Managers with no plan on a regular communication plan.
Pros
Friendly regulars who come in daily
Cons
no breaks when opening, the only one in the store for a long period of time
first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ManatĂ­ Municipio, PRDecember 6, 2017
i got hard work assisting in the warehouse but all you coo-workers help each other, we were great its a shame that place close i think was the location was very bad.
Pros
comprehensive managers
Cons
lack of hours
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smackover, ARNovember 27, 2017
Working for Dollar Store gave me the opportunity to learn how to greet customers and multitask at the same time. I would clock in start my day by counting till then tending to any customers that came in. I would also do the stocking in between the customers and unload truck. There is nothing hard to the job its very easy. The most enjoyable was the customers.
not a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 9, 2017
we had to deal with the handwork part of the place like they would put us to paint the entire store by ourselves and threaten with fired us if we didn't cooperate.
Semi-quick paced, stressful environments
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bend, OROctober 10, 2017
I personally didn't enjoy working at the dollar store, just did what i had to keep moving forward, and dollar tree wasn't allowing that. i learned how to read sku numbers and cashier, along with stocking shelves and unloading the truck.
Pros
Everything was a dollar for lunch.
Cons
The management.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2017
Very fun and easy place to work. Great management and atmosphere. Everyone that worked there got along really well and it made the work day go by faster. Very stress-free environment.
Fast Pace work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJAugust 31, 2017
No one wants to stand in line for a long time so as cashiers you were encouraged to move quickly and keep your lines short. The staff were always full of life and were able to laugh and keep the day moving. It was always busy and when there wasn't a lot of customers than you were asked to take care of the returns and help clean or straighten the shelves. If counting money fast is easy this would be a great place to work.
Steady pace job
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2017
I was there for a long time can't complain fair job. Its an under the table job so for me it worked out OK.but yes overall would recommend people to work at dollar store
Pros
No taxes
productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 30, 2017
worked late night shift so it was a balanced pace, i learned how to stock and unload truck deliveries. worked every shift with management they were very helpful. the best part the job was the late night shift doesn't deal with customers
Pros
flexible
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 22, 2017
The manager at the Dollar Store is not a good manager, very rude and makes smart comments that are not appropriate, She make me work nights when I shouldn't be working nights, very unorganized
Boring job
Freight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 17, 2017
I was the freight supervisor. I was in charge of everything that came into the warehouse, and everything that went out to the sales floor. I became very bored with this job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at this place very much. This was a great experience for me as individual. Working here helped me to work with others. I worked very closely with customers everyday.
fun and productive place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 10, 2017
The job here is really simple, every week the same tasks are done so its easy to accomplish them. There is many interaction with customers and that makes the job more fun and the work environment a more relaxed place
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours given out due to labor costs
Manager is very strict on speed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2017
the dollar store manager pushes employees to0 hard and loses a lot of employees. the pay is decent but you will hate waking up to the work there because of the stress the manager puts on you
Pros
good pay
Cons
strict manager
Good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  americaJune 30, 2017
great, it was fun. great environment, great people, great location, great fun, great great great fantastic, fantastic, fun exciting crazy stupid love!!!
Good workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2017
Nice staff alway get Job done.Stocked many dollar stores at night.preparing them with the items that they needed for the day.Work for this company was a good experience