Dollar Store Employee Reviews

Coworkers were great as well as management
Cashier and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Union Ave., San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2016
Cashier and customer service representative as being a clerk. Maintained excellent customer service every day, for which I received praise from managers as well as customers. Purchased material as needed and assisted in inventory as well.
Great place to work; good opportunities to advance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
I have been here over 13 years. I have had the opportunity to accept increasing levels of responsibility and compensation based on my performance. I like that evaluations are performance based and not tied to personalities. Ownership is very involved in the day to day operations of the business, all are on a first name basis, and upper management is very approachable.

The staff is very dedicated to each and every client and project; perhaps the most dedicated that I have ever been associated with.

I would recommend this company to anyone willing to work hard and be evaluated on their own performance and merits.
Pros
fair evaluations and compensation
Cons
can improve communication so staff better understands decisions in certain instances
Was cashier,Became Store manger liked the work l
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Delafield, WIFebruary 10, 2016
Open store ,balance register organize store as needed and stocked
made a list of things that needed to be ordered.
I learned how to deal with employees, hire trained as needed work as a team.
Management good
I got along great with co-workers,
Making sure shipments where on time, store was well stocked,making sure customers where happy employees where all doing their part,
My favorite part was dealing & helping out customer.
Pros
Dealing with customers and understanding their wants and needs.
Cons
No benefits and no type of insurance
Monitor job.
Family dollar store (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I help with kids with special needs and they have all kinds of health issues so i am here to keep them safe in all ways to school and from school i ride on the bus with them keep them happy even if they had a bad morning or day at school just keep them brighten up and in good spirit at all times and that makes my day a good day as well so i love working with them as well in a daily basic...keep smiles on there faces at all times..
Pros
School lunches
Cons
Make a good day everyday
fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDJuly 19, 2016
At the Dollar Store there is always something to do, as soon as you clock in. On a normal bases depending on your job duties you will always get your break . I learned a lot about other people and I also learned a little more about customer service. The management there is awesome and everyone that works there is friendly. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up the toy aisle, that aisle is a big big mess all the time . the most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the nice people at the Dollar Store.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
varying activities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAJanuary 2, 2017
lots of variance in how your day would go,

proud feeling when someone you trained excelled at what they were doing.

being the assistant manager meant being responsible for many different things at the same time throughout the day.
Pros
responsibility
Cons
low, low, low pay
Nothing nice to say
Alerted customers of upcoming sales and promotions (Former Employee) –  Point, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Nothing nice to say
Rude people
rude manager
rude employers
have to finishing stocked with in an hour
NOT POSSIBLE
Worst place to work
expects to much for little pay
Never work here
great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WADecember 2, 2015
great first job to get experience but no where you want to stay. Owners just used the employees unfairly. No benefits at all and no raises.
An average retail job while being able to multitask.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAMay 3, 2016
On a normal day at work I would clock in. Talk to my co-worker and start pulling freight from the warehouse to start working. Everyday I learn something new even if its just information from a customer. Some managers do there part, others don't. My co-workers are not bad to work with. The hardest part of the job having to do a lot of work while dealing with customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have nice conversations with your co-worker or customers.
daily
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNFebruary 29, 2016
I would open store and do the paperwork,deposits. Make sure I was fully staffed. I would do the daily conference call and ordering and inventory and stocking, I would then do the set on the shelf's for the week of month. I would take any calls from customers or any employs. After I worked at least ten hour shift i would leave a planner for the key holder running the night shift. My day never really ended I would handle anything else that happened or any concerns the key holder had over the phone or I would come back in if necessary.
Pros
advancement, bonuses
Sales store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 8, 2016
Customer Service, check inventory, set up products, unload truck check inventory of truck, cashier, change sale signs, every one did their job, the company was going out of business so not much to learn what I already knew. Nothing was difficult more of an easy job and lots of happy customers.
Pros
Do things on my own that I see needs to be done or get a helper if needed.
Cons
low pay, went out of business
I enjoy working with people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, NJAugust 16, 2016
Cashier/stock Took orders. The manager were the best. They allow you do what you think was best/Work by myself and felt trusted..
Pros
good hours
Cons
n/a
Family Business
Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2016
Well of course I'm only going to say things positive about my family owned Dollar Store. They only bad thing i can say is that we barely had business because of where the Dollar store was located. The area was is a deserted community.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Bad location
Productive place to work with caring professionals
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 2, 2016
Greeting customers as they come in, assist in finding items they are looking for, checking them out at the cash register, making list of items need for purchase for each department.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No breakroom for lunch break
dollar tree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 5, 2016
dollar tree is a very good company, good co-work great team work.
manager are very helpful to help co-works and take the time 2 teach us
hard work
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKDecember 2, 2015
working for minimum wage and getting paid that low of wage is what i did not like. i am a very hard and good worker. it paid every other week, and was really hard to get by with. i like working on my feet. my co-workers were really great people. the manager there was really awesome to work with. it was a stressful job. it was a second job for me during a seasonal time. i appreciated that the manager worked with me
Pros
on breaks could by lunch there
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Unknown I am unable to rate because I have no backgroung with your Co.
Certifiend Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 8, 2013
I am appling for employment, The application doesn't fit what I have as a background. I am retired and seeking employment, Because I don't want to not be working. I have lots of experience and am in excelent health. I have my own healthcare and benefits package. I am not seeking any benefits.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Unknown
enjoyable and good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 1, 2016
As a cashier, my day at work is very busy. I deal with different kind of customers. so I have learned how to deal with people and how to handle money as well. All co-workers are very cooperative to each other. I don't find any thing hard because I enjoy being a cashier and dealing with people and money.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less lunch time
fairly easy place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2014
little amounts of work made it easy to adjust to their work ethic, but could have payed better
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits, low pay
it was ok
cashier and back room, cleaning , stocking (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 7, 2016
it was ok didn't really like how I got pay every two weeks and only 150$ in my pocket..... didn't really like that job at all to be real that all I can say for real
Pros
non
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9