Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Excellent working environment, excellent training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
Very busy, lots of tours arriving from all over the world to pick up their
cars. The guests are very tired because of the time difference so they are jet lagged most of the time.

Trying to make them understand the upgrades and insurance is always the most difficult part of the job. However, when explained properly the client is usually more inclined to purchase in order to make their traveling experience better.
Pros
sales are possible
a brief stay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 24, 2017
I joined this team after hertz bought them. I was shortly laid off after because they closed down one of the store. but while I was there I enjoyed working with my team
It was enjoyable
RSA Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2017
I was pleased with this job and opportunity to work with DTAG and enjoyed meeting new people and making people smile.. I would work and do this job again.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 8, 2017
poor business structure within management and up above. Hours were never met and was a stressful environment to work in. Not much teamwork and help between workers.
Exellent
Lot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2017
To be honest this was my First Job out of High School. This was a Great FIRST job. Taught me how to manage work and Personal Life, Importance of cross Training, and how to handle High Volume environments. I had to leave when i felt my Skills were at a static point. I felt I had Developed a skill set that can be of better use and Advancement was Rare at my Level.
Cons
No Advancement, Repetitive
Great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2017
Took reservations from customers, helped them with issues they may have. Helped get them in contact with the right car lots.
Hardest part of job is the night shift and the point system. Husband was ill with heartattack and i was let go because i pointed out helping to take care of him
Pros
co workers
Cons
point systme
it says it all
Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 18, 2017
Some managers do nothing but play cricket and leave early, but don't you try it. Also many cars are not ready for rent these should be removed from the ready line but they are not.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
management
costumer service
Lot Dispatcher and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
to organized the lot, move the cars to be cleaned, and to be repaired if their was a problem with it, make some reports of the cars, lot counts of the cars that comes brand new, and to make lot movements to the rental lot so the cars be rented, make reports of how many cars wee clean and not lean, or in a mechanic shop. make reports by exel programming so be email it to the managers of duty to know how many cars are unable or available.
Loved driving the airport shuttle buses
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
I really enjoyed driving the shuttle buses at Love Field Airport in Dallas, Tx. I loved working all of that overtime and making great tips and getting to rent cars of my choice.
Interesting place to work
Courtesy Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2017
My responsibility were base on driving into the airport and picking up and bring them back from the airport interesting I say cause people from all over are at the airport.
Pros
relax jod
Cons
mid night shift

Want to know more about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Circus act
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Do not work here! 'Management is horrible, not understanding , and often inconsiderate. You have to know how to multitask be able to work every position. Management advises you to call -in and mislead customers about wait time and Vehicle sizes, rates
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, low pay
Great learning experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 1, 2017
Thrifty was a wonderful place to work for. You learn the basics on entry level sales, office administration, organization, and daily game plans.

This job had a high importance on customer service, which was the best part of the job, interacting with people. It was also one of the biggest challenges of the job, having to take care of the occasional customer who might not be having a good day. This was one of the many examples why this job is a great learning experience.
Pros
Driving an arrangement of new cars
Cons
salary potential capped very low
great working enviroment
Counter Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
greeting customer from other states and countries were amazing, and a great experience when interacting with them. The team I worked with was amazing and always had each other's back. The hardest part of my job was telling a customer we couldn't rent them a car. The best part of my job was surprising the customer with a better car then what they expected.
It's A fun Job
Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2017
It's a great job good for money but bad management! The management there is not what it should be, they have very rude attitudes towards some workers!
Awesome people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIApril 13, 2017
It was an awesome company to work for back in the day! Great managers and everyone worked as Ohana! Really loved the good old days!!! Then, they became corporate and was sold several times. The last acquisition was not the greatest!
Pros
Great people at this location
Cons
No issues back in the day
Great company
RSA (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
Great company to work for . Really no advance but the owner did care about his employess and he also listen. It was plenty of opportunity to make money and at the time it was a fair job to work at until bought by hertz.
Loved working there
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 10, 2017
I really enjoyed the management and culture. Problems were addressed, managers responsive with questions and coaching. Compensation could be better, but overall I would recommend to a friend.
Pros
Quality Management
Cons
Late night hours
work hard
Sales counter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2017
sales position is tough. cant pick your shift. You may work til midnight. managers don't teach, they only reprimand. uniforms look silly, and uncomfortable.
Great job.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
 Organize routes for shuttle transportation, inspect vehicle to ensure safe operation.
 Coordinate schedule, transport passengers from the airport and assist with luggage.
 Transport vehicles to designated fueling locations to replenish fuel supply.

Nice to meet a variety of people. Exposed to various cultures through customers.
Pros
Great flexibility.
Cons
Confined to buses when driving.
was part of a Thrifty Car Rental used car dealership too
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 1, 2017
Franchised location with owner that really didn't understand the car rental business, was more for having the Thrifty name to sell used cars which they did very well.
Pros
hours
Cons
owner