Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good work enviroment
Fleet Maintenance Manager- NY/NJ Area (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 6, 2016
This is a good company , good people and management. its a good work environment. Decent health insurance and dental care benefits included
Fun and quiet workplace
Overflow Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2015
I had worked there for 4 consecutive years. All coworkers are friends each other. the rate at this time was fair but better than now maybe, we had good benefits. Management was good at this time, when I was there. We meet people from all over the world there. thus, diversity was a must there,
Pros
Good place to work back in my day, flexible schedule
Cons
The company has been sold.
Good work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport, MNJuly 12, 2016
I could be driving the shuttle to airport to deliver and pick up customers. Promoting rental of vehicles for business and pleasure to potential customers. Collecting payments for vehicle use.
We had good management at our location. The coworkers were of all ages that worked there. The hardest part, besides rude customers, was changing jobs as I enjoyed working at this location.
Pros
Meet people from all over world.
Cons
Located near airport no local places to eat.
Unless you have no job and this is the only offer...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2016
DON'T GO.

Place is run by small minded management from Hertz. However, if you are looking to find out how to commit fraud on a daily basis, or gain experience going thru staff reductions and hiring freezes, this might be the place. If you have ever wondered what it might be like to work at McDonald's and run out of burgers, this also might be the place for you.
Pros
Great Joy! (on the day you leave)
Cons
all of them
worked there before.....
Valet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
I worked for these guys a year ago and was laid off due to budget cuts. I was given a very small severance package of 300 dollars and told that I could have my job back if they start hiring again, I was contacted by a manager through a relative telling me they needed help and because they were going through a manager swap like they often do there was confusion from hertz (who owns thrifty) about why I was inquiring about my old position not the ones on their website and I literally have to what seems like bug their HR Department about the status of my re-application several times a week, every week for a almost a month just to know what's going on. The management only cares about the rental aspect located at the airport and neglects the staffing needs of the parking location on stelzer. Not sure what's worse the waiting for a response or the fact that management doesn't seem to care about both locations equally. I would give them a poor rating however that would be an injustice to those at the parking location that I love so much.
Pros
flexible schedule, good tips, easy job, little to no stress, and they offered cheap healthcare.
Cons
management instability, understaffed, underpaid and under appreciated.
its an productive environment where you meet people new people every day
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2016
I working here you really learn how to keep a level head. If you enjoy making people smile also can keep calm in bad situations this is the spot for you management back home were awesome. The hardest part about the job is that sometimes you don't receive your bonus other than that its an easy job i love it.
fun fast pace work enviroment
Lead Rental agent/Educational corrdinator (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMarch 13, 2016
a typical day at work would be busy busy. constantly moving. there was always something to do. co-workers were ok, but not very dependable. there were days when i would start my shift at 7am and stay till closing 10:30pm because someone called in. there were many days where i would have take care of my customer process his rental and go over his contract after that is taken cared of go to the car lot and clean the customers car because we were always short handed. but the reward from all that hard work when payday came around was always worth it.
Pros
good income
Cons
always pulling the extra weight of undependable co workers
Was a great company to work for
General Manager/City Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 31, 2016
DTG Operations was a great company to work for, great compensation and bonuses, however it was bought by Hertz and the previous style changed dramatically. Went from truly managing to putting out fires.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Company was bought out.
ohk at first
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2016
working there was okay in the beginning. until the great managers left and then they hired people that had no clue how to manage. seriously, Mexicans would only hire Mexicans, blacks only hiring blacks wtf. don't know how much has changed but I hope a lot has.
Pros
no pros, besdes a paycheck.
Cons
all bad
Dtag
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2016
I truly enjoyed my roll as a rental agent . I worked In the Orlando Airport , for 10 years . Rental Cars can be very rewarding it's 8 hours a day 5 days a week & great benefits , Yes you will work holidays / weekends at first you will eventually have them off . Meeting people from all over the world is fun , helping them out with the best car & coverages they need - there is always a next customer. Great perks hospitality passes to the Parks .
Pros
Good pay, 8 hours a day
Fast-paced, ever changing
OPERATIONS MANAGER - Car Rental Operations (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2015
No two days are ever the same Each day, I assess the situation first: how many reservations there are, how many cars we have to clean to get through the day, how many employees I have at the counter, which specialty vehicles I need up first, etc. Then, I plan accordingly and communicate my plan to the employees.

Management has taught me, above all else, how to look beyond today and tomorrow. Forecasting and planning are extremely important. I've learned to look at the 'bigger picture', as it were.

I've been with the company for a very long time and my co-workers and managers are all family. This is the type of company that most people don't leave, so we've all known one another for a very long time. We have built a culture of respect and working hard to keep things flowing.

The hardest part of the job is daily compromise. Most days, I come in, playing 'catch up', and I don't have what I need in order to make the customers happy, so it is necessary to do everything in my power to please every single customer that I have to explain that I don't quite have what they need. It's disheartening when you don't have what the customer is expecting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing how to roll with the punches and handle anything that comes up. I'm good at what I do and each time I solve a problem, it makes me smile.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Expensive insurance policy
Adaptability is essential
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  White River Junction, VTJune 10, 2016
DTAG was purchased by the Hertz Corporation. Since that time, there has been a steady and consistent change in the culture. Aligning the two systems to streamline processes. Unfortunately, this has lead to the closing of some locations to make the remaining ones stronger and more efficient.
Okay job
Instant Return Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILSeptember 17, 2016
Its self explanatory, job is easy every day in and out. Nothing to stressful.

the only thing would be if you are not working on the tellers side then you are not getting paid well.
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
pay sucked
Very welcoming and a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2016
Dollar/Thrifty was a great experience overall. The management was extremely attentive to employee needs as well as incredibly helpful. I learned so much about customer service relations from this company.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
n/a
Good place to get you're feet wet
Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJuly 29, 2016
Good solid job. Good management and co-workers. Balancing dealership and rentals is a task. If you're on the path to start a family this is a good start.
better than nothing
service agent (Former Employee) –  sandston, vaJanuary 4, 2013
by far the worst company i have ever worked for. you dont get paid much and dont expect a raise (theyre very cheap), all the people are focused on drama and gossip about each other, management is a joke, they are very understaffed and will make you work long hours and go weeks without a day off. they could really care less about your home life or any problems you are going through and get ready to work on holidays with no increased pay. they lack the proper equipment to even get the work done but of coarse thats your fault not theirs. if you ever have a problem HR wont even help you so youre on your own. also, keep an eye on your own personal possessions; things tend to just get up and walk away. there is a lot of profanity as well even from the managers so if you have sensitive ears this isnt the job for you.
Pros
once in a blue moon you may get a free donut
Cons
low pay, horrible working conditions, mean people, horrible management
Great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2016
Great company to work for, great environment, open door management policy, shows a lot of employee appreciation. Pay was good. Company close operations in Tampa, FL Area.
Pros
Incentives on sales
Cons
Company close
Had Great Corporate Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2016
Dollar Thrifty had great core of long term employees who all worked well together for the common goal of customer satisfaction. Hertz purchased Dollar Thrifty in 2012 and the Dollar Thrifty culture was destroyed.
Pros
Great corporate culture and location
Cons
Company was acquired by Hertz
ok place to work
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2016
working here was nice, the hours were great close to home and got to spend lunches with my son over all good place pay was too little so had to find something better sooner than later
Company Great/ Management Not
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2016
Loved the job and company. Had too many issues with management. Constantly unhappy at work. If I could work for them again, I would.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Reviews by Location