Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was A nice place to work
Service Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 1, 2017
Not sure now. They have had so much turnover since then. It was a nice place to work when I was there. They have upgraded and are now part of the airport. I recently rented a car from them and had a good experience.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
not sure
fun job
Lead Service agent/Rental agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2017
fun because you get to see all the new cars.
you get to drive them all as you clean them
pay is ok
the hours were not to bad
401 k
medical
dental
payed time off
it was ok
Lot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
it was ok just the employee were really messy and confrontational about everything that went on. i couldn't handle it. it ws way too much stress for the title amount of money they paid us
great place to work
Rental Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
its a great place to work you meet different interesting people from around the world, and get fimiliarize with all kind of make and model of vehicle .
Despido Injustificado
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 2, 2017
Sumamente extesante
Hacer reservaciones y muchas otras cosas
Gerenciales poco amables con sus empleados
Ambiente muy competitivo
Los cliente inconformes siempre
Comapaneros de trabajo
decent earning potential. Must be very personable and have good sales skills.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
typical 8 hour work days 5 days a week. Being very busy and short supplied with vehicles are very common in this industry. Hardest part of the job is moving quickly while maintaining control of the customers and handle most problems with little manager assistance. Best part of the job would be the satisfaction of a well done sale and of coarse the big commission check from a month well done.
Pros
full benefits after 90 days
Cons
not the best pay out plan
Dtag
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 12, 2017
Dollar Thrifty was a great place to work and really cared about its employees. They match 401 K contributions and has some extremely smart driven people on there team. They also offered incentives for sales
Pros
Cons
Advancement
The company has been sold
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2017
This company was sold in an acquisition with Hertz. They are no longer operating as Dollar/Thrifty Rental, at least not as an independent company. The selling of the company was probably best after being in the culture of Car Rentals and Automatic Insurance being added to contracts without clear communication to the consumer.
good company until hertz took over
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2016
this company used to be a great place to work in a sales position until hertz unfortunately ruined it after they bought them out
Challenging and fast pace work style
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MADecember 28, 2016
A typical day always started on a fast pace, with setting up the work day with bus drivers and cleaners along with the counter staff before the rush of customers came in.

I always learned something new with dealing with the customer and learning what their needs were and how to handle them.

Management always worked (for the most part) together in order to get the job done. Co-workers don't always see eye to eye but learn to compromise in order to give the best customer service.

Disciplining an employee is always the hardest part of any managers job but sitting them down and showing them what the needed to work on and later seeing that they listened and became one of the best employees was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Car to take home
Cons
Snow storms
Not a place that you want to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 22, 2016
Management is POOR. Employees are not valued. Promotions hard to come by. Pay raises are not given as they should be. This is not a company that you want to work for, or do any business with. employees are treated poorly, and they are overworked.
work was what you made it
Lead Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 9, 2016
There were days that were good and days that were just terrible but it's up to you to either dwell in the bad or to get over it and don't let it ruin things. Choose your attitude. Some management had your back while others didn't. Often times some of us worked in fear with a smile on our face. I don't miss the job but I do miss some of my co-workers.
Horrible place to work.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2016
Don't walk. Run away from this place. Overworked and underpaid.
It is a rental car company, but they never have any cars available. Customers yelling at you due to no cars. Toxic work environment.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
Worst place to work.
Teenager Job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2016
Great Teenager job its really hard to write anything other than the fact that this is in fact a teenager job. you vacuum out cars and clean the windshields
Large corporation with a family atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 19, 2016
Company subsequently purchased by another. It was a great place to work with great people. Employees were given lots of autonomy to make decisions.
DTAG was great, new owner hertz not so much
RECONCILIATION ANALYST, CORPORATE RECEIVABLES, DBR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2016
Reasonable, flexible employer with good balance and opportunities until Hertz purchased them. I enjoyed the people, the culture and the flexibility in schedual.
competitive and fun work place
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 4, 2016
Competitive work atmosphere and sometimes requires long work hrs. co workers were helpful and friendly . This wont be carrier making job but good to start of . I enjoyed my time working here because I like to competitive .
Steer Clear
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2016
Ownership of Spokane market is Horrible! They not value their employees. Highest turnover rate of any company I have evere seen. They do not even trust their highest ranking managers with simple tasks.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Everything else
The job is okay.
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 3, 2016
It's pays my bills for the most part, however some weeks I find myself still living from paycheck to paycheck. I wish I were more compensated for the work that I put in.
Job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 21, 2016
It was a good second job for me that I worked. I wouldn't work it as my main job, because it didn't pay enough per hour compared to my main job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval