Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Management were always pre ocupied and never wanted to assist people
Roadside Assistance/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 19, 2015
Fast pace job, keeps you on your toes. Customers are 50/50 on how they treat you just because they are on the phone, but knowing how to make them happy is key.
Pros
great pay. flexible hours
Cons
no local office in my area
fair
Staff Assistant / Accounts Receivables (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2015
there is a lot of downsizing. Many negative changes going on with very little to none direction from upper management. The most common answer to our questions are "I don't know"

There is a lack of a mission statement.
Pros
insurance
Cons
down sizing
car rental
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
having great customer service, helping customers, hardest part is not reaching goal, most enjoyable making someone else happy
Pros
helping others
Cons
not reaching goal for the day
Best job I ever had
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2015
Unfortunately this company was acquired by the Hertz Corporation and no longer exists as it once did. It is now a wholly owned and operated subsidiary. DTAG was the best place I ever worked. Around 2008 things started to turn for the better and I don't know if I'll ever see a better place to work in my lifetime. Great autonomy and support. Encouragement of an entrepreneurial spirit. Positive culture, recognition of successes.
Pros
fast paced, good compensation, great leadership, lots of support
Cons
not always the newest equipmentt, stressful peak seasons
Dtag
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Poor culture, short of cars on a regular basis. Leadership so inept as to be beyond laughable and unconcerned with employees or customers. The only concern is how better to sell insurance or upgrades at the counters. The sales program encourages employees to be dishonest with customers and those that can't seem to "sell" will find themselves unemployed within a several months. The pressure on the frontline "customer service" representatives and management is unfair and, at times, unethical (in a business sense). Turn over is very high due to this and it is actually desired (From the mouth of the former director of sales at a regional meeting). Employees are little better than their number and not much more than an company asset on the locations P&L.
Pros
Field Management gets a company car, insurance and free gas
Cons
Pretty muhc everything else
Wonderful employee-centric company to work for
Internet Sales Manager - Promotion (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 15, 2015
Dollar Thrifty was a wonderful company to work for. They empowered employees by allowing them to make work related decisions based on what was best for the company. They improved performance by conducting redesign processes that included everyone, all the way down to the car wash staff. This streamlined the processes and created overall efficiencies beneficial to the whole company.
Our department operated as a team in the best sense of the word. The hardest part was seeing the company sold and slowly dismantled.
productive and fun workplace
Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  alexandria vaMarch 4, 2015
This was a good experience. You prep the cars for new customers, and you shuttle them between different locations when in need.
Pros
you get to drive different new cars.
Cons
you have to negotiate the prices for customers.
Vroom Vroom
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Thrifty purchased the small Bay Area company I was working for. They provide quality vehicles for a bargain. The job ebbs and flows from fast paced to sleepy, but can be very fun.
Pros
great location, good people
Cons
long hours, compensation
A typical day at work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be making resverations, washing cars, answering phones. I learned how to handle a situation with an unhappy customer with a rental. Management was go and so were my co-workers. There was no hard part of my job. Flexibility was the most enjoyable part.
DTG Online is an intranet website for DTAG. DTGOnline developed using SharePoint 2003 and SQL Server 2005. I was responsible for designing and develop
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  OK, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Roles & responsibilities:
• Created Web Applications and Sites as according the requirements
• Involved customize the look and feel of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to match corporate design
• Developed and deployed custom web parts.
• Enforced site level security and implemented security principals, SharePoint groups and users
• Administrative routines such as Backup & Restore over SharePoint server 2003
• Customize personalization and targeted news.
• Configured indexes and searches for SharePoint
• Responsible for site collection backup and restores

Want to know more about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
good job
Customer Service Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRFebruary 19, 2015
likes to work with graphic signs. it gave me opportunity to worked as a group, by pressure when there were a lot of orders to complete.
Inbound/Outbound calls. Customer Service. Car Rentals
Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OklahomaFebruary 11, 2015
Inbound & outbound calls. Assisting customers in rentals, rental extensions, & rental issues. Contacting locations & service providers to supply customers with replacement vehicles & other services.
DTAG's focus was on the Customer and a TEAM Culture
Arbitration/Vehicle Remarketing Mgr, Fleet (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2015
DTAG had a great Culture and High Ethics. The Company was always about Customer First! The position allowed me to be self-managed and I was empowered to do my job. Every day brought a new opportunity to make decisions based on what was best for both the Customer and the Company
Commiserate in our misery
Exit Booth Agent and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 8, 2015
This was the worst place I've worked yet. My 7 managers could not get themselves on the same page. The best part of the job was my coworkers where we were able to commiserate in our miserable job. I had worked for them previously, but at a different location, and it was much better in every aspect!
Overall great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
Fellow employee are number one asset to the company. I really liked it
Pros
mangement easy to work with
Cons
n/a
Pricing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2014
Dollar Thrifty was a great place to work. They offered great benefits. Dollar Thrifty was purchased by Hertz in 2012. I would not recommend working for Hertz. The software used by Hertz is old and unreliable. There is also a lot of red tape and departments do not work with each other.
Fun place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2014
Is located at Memphis, TN: You meet diverse people from around the world and make good friends.

I like helping people, many of which cannot speak english well or not at all.

The winter months causes flights to be delayed, and the hours we work greatly increase depending on the weather.
Pros
discounts on automobile rentals
Cons
the health care is very high
Poor management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work for me would consist of being there for 7a.m, and leaving at 3p.m. Poor management all around, good luck with making a complaint about issues with co workers or anything else. It just doesn't get taken care of. You're supposed to be part of a team, but always feel like an outcast.
Excellent Progressive Company
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2014
Daily Operational Manager early start , foretasted day and weeks business
Managed 200+ employees
transition
Admin Assistant / Counter Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  corpus christiOctober 15, 2014
going through transition is not good, being bought out and the constant change and not know what the change is for or about is not the way you want to go to work everyday I love my management team and my co-workers great group of folks. the hardest part of my job is I'm doing my job along with other jobs until whenever the transition is complete
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
schedules

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Reviews by Location