Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people, they really wanted to help each other. employee responsiveness, when called or contacted through e-mail.
Cons: inability to get a merit increase for a few years durning the economic downturn.
I enjoyed getting started early and was excited about my work.
I learned I was most productive when I established a goal for myself based on the customer request.
I had a collaborative relationship with my manager and my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was watching my friends and co-workers leave as we had a reduction in force at the company.
The – more... best part was when individuals said the work I created made their job easier or more interesting. – less
This was a great company for me
Reservation Agent-Reservation Center in Tulsa (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, good opportunities
Cons: i can't think of any
I found incredible job advancement and movement with this company.
I was able to spread my wings and experience culture in other locales.
A great job with a company car.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2013
Enjoyed meeting with different clients and fullfilling there needs.
review
Manager (Former Employee), Thomasville, GADecember 10, 2013
Great company. Focused on helping individuals lose weight
Fun to test Drive different cars
Lead Service Agent (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: driving different cars
Cons: lazy people
Typical work day for me starts at 3 am I open both locations at 4:30 am. I make sure I have enough people to make the day run as smooth as possible, Where ever I have to fill in I do, I detail cars that are overly dirty or stained it could take up to 2 hours or more for the same car (carpets,ceilings,doors, etc.) I drive the buses to the airport to – more... pick up customers, I check in cars, and also rent out cars.

What I have learned are the different types of people that come through our location. My supervisors are good people they enough me very much because they know with me there everything will get done. The co-workers that I supervisor are outstanding they make me look better by getting the things done that I ask of them.

The hardest part of my job is being heavily short staffed and turning people away that their card declines. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy. – less
Enjoyed working with one company for almost 20 years.
Staff Asst, Las Vegas & Exec. Secretary, Dallas (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV and Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2013
Dollar Thrifty is a terrific company to work for, with opportunities to advance.
I loved the work.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 15, 2013
Pros: the amount i was paid, the people i worked with.
Cons: the company let go of half of the corporation.
Dollar Thrifty, although going through major layoffs, was one of my favorite positions. I received weekly printouts of accounts that I would be responsible for which gave me the independence to work on my own. I enjoyed the empowerment of being able to handle any situation how I seen fit.
Fun place to work, Excellent staff, Great shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SeaTac, WANovember 13, 2013
Pros: getting to work at other locations, employee benifits, holiday parties
Cons: unpaid breaks, equipment failure, pay
I did enjoy working for the Dollar/Thrifty Group and learned a lot of great skills that I Will be able to use in future employment opportunities such as resolving customer concerns and organizational skills. The management team was fun to work with, but I felt could have been more available to address employees concerns and so forth. I also enjoyed – more... the folks I worked beside and had a great time getting to know each and every one of them.
The hardest part of the job would be working outside during the winter months, but it had to be done. – less
Productive and Fun
Section Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: merger
Learned a lot from prior Director. She was extremely willing to share her thoughts and knowledge. Management since has been not as knowledgeable, but very friendly. Co-workers are great.
Was a good place to work before Hertz purchased them
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic RegionOctober 4, 2013
Cons: working for hertz as a second rate company
Hertz purchased Dollar Thrifty in January and since then they treat Dollar Thrifty as the stepchild of the 2 companies. They had a massive layoff in May and kept all the Hertz General Managers and Vice Presidents and let go everyone on the Dollar Thrifty side. As a manager for Dollar Thrifty you will report to the Hertz GM who treats you like you don't – more... work for the same company. Do not work for Dollar Thrifty as a Manager. – less
Fun and Happy place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: work weekends and holidays
I loved this place. friendly co-workers and room for advancement.
Low cost rentals
Service/Booth Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2013
The primary focus of the company was cheap rentals. This required cheap labor with extra work. I, along with others, were on a rotation to work 3 different job areas. Sales, customer service, and general labor.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: car rentals was reasonable for staff members
Cons: there is no con except some hours are late nights and weekends
Family own the family was great love meeting people and renting cars.
"WORLD CLASS"
Sr. Express Agent (Former Employee), Hanover, MDSeptember 3, 2013
When I worked as a Sr. Express Agent the customer service rating never dipped below 97%. There was also a sharp increase in sales particularly over the last four quarters when I was there. The conversion rate never dipped below 70 percent, and we’ve met segment goals in each department 80 percent of the time, which was the highest percentage in our – more... region.
These statistics are all the result of a personalization strategy I brought to the company. My team was not just selling a product we were selling world class customer services. I ultimately, understood that I was working with human beings who demand a certain level of service for the price they were paying. Exceptional customer service comes from exceptional employee training, which each of the agents had to pass in order to continue working on my team. This ensured unwavering standards across the board. Our service needed to be more than just great—it needs to be consistently great.
The days were very busy and sometimes very long and hard, but we were like a family which made it fun working together. I had a great manger that would go out of his way to help in anyway so we would have a winning team. My team and I would specifically, remembered the names of clients and their purchases. If a client has a penchant for a particular model, type, color of car or needed any special equipment the team made sure it was taken care in advance if possible. We refused to accept mediocrity from any team player. This allowed the agents to focus on serving the client without distraction.

This position taught me about being a team leader and how to delegate it also taught me the benefits of working with great people and having a solid manger around. I found having great inspiration everyday makes you want to work harder to meet your goals. – less
Always busy, great co-workers.
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee), Revere, MAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks
7 am start, walk the yard to find quick fixes, order parts, assign jobs,
organize service area.

Co-workers make the day go by faster.

Hardest part is getting the fuel truck in to make a delivery.

Seeing the service empty at the end of the day.
DTAG is an employee friendly company with a good work / life balance.
Manager, Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2013
Pros: employee friendly culture, good work / life balance
Cons: not many opportunities for career advancement
My typical day at DTAG isn't necessarily typical. I spend a lot of my time working on the Hertz / DTAG merger.

What I've learned during my time at DTAG is that we have an extremely dedicated group of employees with a lot of pride.

The management team has always been approachable and has been very committed to what is best for the organization.

My – more... co-workers are extremely dedicated and have a lot of pride in the company.

The hardest part of my job is trying to balance my time between the Hertz / DTAG integration and managing the day to day operations.
That is also what I enjoy the most about my job these days. – less
Not a good place to work
Rental Sales (Former Employee), Kahului AirportAugust 14, 2013
Pros: medical and visionn is pretty good
Cons: highly toxic and stressful environment
Unfortunately, Dollar Thrifty Hertz is no longer a very positive or upwardly mobile place to work. Super stressful. The minimum requirements to keep your job is pretty high. You are dealing with 2 brands at this location. Dollar and Thrifty. And both brands have minimum targets you have to hit in order to keep your job.
If you are struggling on the – more... Thrifty side and you are passing on the Dollar side or visa versa, your job is still in jeopardy. To make matters worse, you have no control over how many dollar or thrifty brand contracts you do because they have combined both brands under one roof. So you may not process enough contracts of either brand to pass your core yield for the month. they took the incentive away for selling the collision damage waiver, raised the price of the minimum coverage by $10, and still expect the agents to comply by selling it or their job is in jeopardy. Have fun with this one guys. – less
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2013
great layed back job customer service is great opportunity to meet new people who travel
Shady
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 24, 2013
When you put in a request for PTO to go see you little brother graduate from High School and when you close at midnight the night before I travel my General Manager Pulled my PTO request and I did not know it because it was after I left and then when I get back he fires me
Dollar Thrifty Corporation
Admin (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJuly 22, 2013
My experience with DTG was good. Unfortunately,Hertz Corporation didn't appreciate my contribution for the past 51/2yrs. I was dismissed.

About Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the – Read more