Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

competitive and fun work place
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 4, 2016
Competitive work atmosphere and sometimes requires long work hrs. co workers were helpful and friendly . This wont be carrier making job but good to start of . I enjoyed my time working here because I like to competitive .
Steer Clear
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2016
Ownership of Spokane market is Horrible! They not value their employees. Highest turnover rate of any company I have evere seen. They do not even trust their highest ranking managers with simple tasks.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Everything else
The job is okay.
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 3, 2016
It's pays my bills for the most part, however some weeks I find myself still living from paycheck to paycheck. I wish I were more compensated for the work that I put in.
Job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 21, 2016
It was a good second job for me that I worked. I wouldn't work it as my main job, because it didn't pay enough per hour compared to my main job
Okay job
Instant Return Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILSeptember 17, 2016
Its self explanatory, job is easy every day in and out. Nothing to stressful.

the only thing would be if you are not working on the tellers side then you are not getting paid well.
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
pay sucked
its an productive environment where you meet people new people every day
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2016
I working here you really learn how to keep a level head. If you enjoy making people smile also can keep calm in bad situations this is the spot for you management back home were awesome. The hardest part about the job is that sometimes you don't receive your bonus other than that its an easy job i love it.
ohk at first
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2016
working there was okay in the beginning. until the great managers left and then they hired people that had no clue how to manage. seriously, Mexicans would only hire Mexicans, blacks only hiring blacks wtf. don't know how much has changed but I hope a lot has.
Pros
no pros, besdes a paycheck.
Cons
all bad
Was a great company to work for
General Manager/City Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 31, 2016
DTG Operations was a great company to work for, great compensation and bonuses, however it was bought by Hertz and the previous style changed dramatically. Went from truly managing to putting out fires.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Company was bought out.
Good place to get you're feet wet
Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJuly 29, 2016
Good solid job. Good management and co-workers. Balancing dealership and rentals is a task. If you're on the path to start a family this is a good start.
Good work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul airport, MNJuly 12, 2016
I could be driving the shuttle to airport to deliver and pick up customers. Promoting rental of vehicles for business and pleasure to potential customers. Collecting payments for vehicle use.
We had good management at our location. The coworkers were of all ages that worked there. The hardest part, besides rude customers, was changing jobs as I enjoyed working at this location.
Pros
Meet people from all over world.
Cons
Located near airport no local places to eat.
worked there before.....
Valet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
I worked for these guys a year ago and was laid off due to budget cuts. I was given a very small severance package of 300 dollars and told that I could have my job back if they start hiring again, I was contacted by a manager through a relative telling me they needed help and because they were going through a manager swap like they often do there was confusion from hertz (who owns thrifty) about why I was inquiring about my old position not the ones on their website and I literally have to what seems like bug their HR Department about the status of my re-application several times a week, every week for a almost a month just to know what's going on. The management only cares about the rental aspect located at the airport and neglects the staffing needs of the parking location on stelzer. Not sure what's worse the waiting for a response or the fact that management doesn't seem to care about both locations equally. I would give them a poor rating however that would be an injustice to those at the parking location that I love so much.
Pros
flexible schedule, good tips, easy job, little to no stress, and they offered cheap healthcare.
Cons
management instability, understaffed, underpaid and under appreciated.
Adaptability is essential
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  White River Junction, VTJune 10, 2016
DTAG was purchased by the Hertz Corporation. Since that time, there has been a steady and consistent change in the culture. Aligning the two systems to streamline processes. Unfortunately, this has lead to the closing of some locations to make the remaining ones stronger and more efficient.
Company Great/ Management Not
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2016
Loved the job and company. Had too many issues with management. Constantly unhappy at work. If I could work for them again, I would.
Great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2016
Great company to work for, great environment, open door management policy, shows a lot of employee appreciation. Pay was good. Company close operations in Tampa, FL Area.
Pros
Incentives on sales
Cons
Company close
ok place to work
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2016
working here was nice, the hours were great close to home and got to spend lunches with my son over all good place pay was too little so had to find something better sooner than later
Very welcoming and a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2016
Dollar/Thrifty was a great experience overall. The management was extremely attentive to employee needs as well as incredibly helpful. I learned so much about customer service relations from this company.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
n/a
Dtag
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2016
I truly enjoyed my roll as a rental agent . I worked In the Orlando Airport , for 10 years . Rental Cars can be very rewarding it's 8 hours a day 5 days a week & great benefits , Yes you will work holidays / weekends at first you will eventually have them off . Meeting people from all over the world is fun , helping them out with the best car & coverages they need - there is always a next customer. Great perks hospitality passes to the Parks .
Pros
Good pay, 8 hours a day
Enjoyed the job and the managent team.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work involved learning each piece of information it took to book a single reservation.
The management team for the department was great to work with.
great job to start with in the automotive feild
Assistant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2016
performed oil changes and also repaired and replaced tires. on occasion I had the chance to do some mechanic work. company was bought out by hertz rental car
Pros
paid hoildays
Cons
manger wasnt the greatest
Maintain a safe and clean workplace
PORTER (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 19, 2016
First thing is to make sure all cars are accounted for. Make sure there are no problem cars.After that is done I start prepping the dirty cars for rent.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no lunch breaks