Dollar Thrifty Car Rental Employee Reviews in United States

Just a Job not a Career
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 17, 2016
I work in management and I am the only young, African American and a female. I have to work extra hard to not get recognized and my GM is a careless individual. To make a great advancement you need to be apart of the Goody Boys.
Pros
Free Car in salary package
Cons
GM and culture of the organization
Management isn't concerned with advancing personnel.
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 8, 2016
Higher-ups aren't concerned with advancing personnel; only their bottom-line, and it shows. They'll rent out sloppy cars at the drop of a dime.
Pros
Store staff are personable and cool to work with
Cons
No room for advancement. Don't hold your breath for a raise in pay
deliver cars to rental car companies
transporter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2015
a typical day at work included delivering cars to rental car companies and to assist with cleaning cars to make sure that they are inspected and ready to be rented to customers
Pros
discount on rental cars
Cons
hours
Stay away!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  AZJuly 25, 2013
Very stressful. You have to convince people to purchase extras otherwise you wont make your sales goal. If you fall behind in sales you will be fired. If you make your months sales and if it is good then you will make extra money. Without commission I was making less than minimum wage once insurance was pulled out of my check.
People treat you like dirt. Had little management support. Ran the place by myself most of the time.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything!!!
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2015
Laid back place to work as long as you do what you suppose to do. As long as you do that everything will be fine. A lot people here is funny and easy to open up to but we work at the same time.
I think the company as a whole is a good company, it all depends on what location you worked at. you
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 17, 2012
A typical work day consisted of dealing with one rude customer after another all day for 8 hours. You would make a huge sale with one person but the not sell anything for the next and that it take away from the money you would have made for the day. In return that would put you into core and core would get you fired. You could have the best attendance and attitude it didn't matter that company is based on numbers and that's it. My co-workers were great i had fun with all of them it was the managers that ran and hid in their office and not help with the rude customers is what made the job horrible!
Busy, fast paced work enviorment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2014
I loved my co workers! They were the best, and made the work environment worth staying. The company had many flaws such as inconsistent policies, management was never available when they were needed and etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was networking. I met a lot of famous and fabulous people. I love working with the public! In the other hand I would have to say that the hardest part of the job, or any sales job, is selling. Its a constant pressure, the more you sell the more money you make.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
management
Used to be a great place to work until the buyout
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GAMarch 6, 2014
It seems as though the Hertz Corporation is strictly in it to get our cars and to run all DTAG management out. I have never in my 10 years of car rental dealt with such disrespect for employees as I am now.
Need a job
LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
The only good part of the job was getting to "test drive" new vehicle. The management staff made you feel about 2 inches tall.
Cons
all
work hard and make nothing
employee (Current Employee) –  portlandMarch 8, 2014
be prepared for the locals to come in and rent cars because the cars are so cheap as are the locals.Most have no insurance but often lie to you about it, something you got to get use to.
Pros
it's a min wage job
Cons
no breaks, sometimes no lunch, staff shortage, car shortage and rude customers, hours change at the drop of a hat
Review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2012
The pay rate was to low for me to handle. I did enjoy the work. Good atmosphere.
Service agent (Former Employee) –  msp airportApril 2, 2014
Great place to work. Great management and employees. Never had any issues there.
Commission sales
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  LAX LOS ANGELES, CAOctober 7, 2014
Check inventory, get game plan for the day prepare yourself for the large amount of customers, smile and do your best to close the deals,
Pros
money
Cons
lost of commission if other customers says no..