Dollar Thrifty Car Rental

Dollar Thrifty Car Rental Employee Reviews

Busy, fast paced work enviorment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: management
I loved my co workers! They were the best, and made the work environment worth staying. The company had many flaws such as inconsistent policies, management was never available when they were needed and etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was networking. I met a lot of famous and fabulous people. I love working with the public! In the other hand I would have to say that the hardest part of the job, or any sales job, is selling. Its a constant pressure, the more you sell the more money you make.
COMMISSION SALES
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee), LAX LOS ANGELES, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: lost of commission if other customers says no..
CHECK INVENTORY, GET GAME PLAN FOR THE DAY PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE LARGE AMOUNT OF CUSTOMERS, SMILE AND DO YOUR BEST TO CLOSE THE DEALS,
Service agent (Former Employee), msp airportApril 2, 2014
Great place to work. Great management and employees. Never had any issues there.
work hard and make nothing
employee (Current Employee), portlandMarch 8, 2014
Pros: it's a min wage job
Cons: no breaks, sometimes no lunch, staff shortage, car shortage and rude customers, hours change at the drop of a hat
be prepared for the locals to come in and rent cars because the cars are so cheap as are the locals.Most have no insurance but often lie to you about it, something you got to get use to.
Used to be a great place to work until the buyout
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAMarch 6, 2014
It seems as though the Hertz Corporation is strictly in it to get our cars and to run all DTAG management out. I have never in my 10 years of car rental dealt with such disrespect for employees as I am now.
Stay away!!!
Sales (Former Employee), AZJuly 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything!!!
Very stressful. You have to convince people to purchase extras otherwise you wont make your sales goal. If you fall behind in sales you will be fired. If you make your months sales and if it is good then you will make extra money. Without commission I was making less than minimum wage once insurance was pulled out of my check.
People treat you like dirt. Had little management support. Ran the place by myself most of the time.
Review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2012
The pay rate was to low for me to handle. I did enjoy the work. Good atmosphere.
I think the company as a whole is a good company, it all depends on what location you worked at. you
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 17, 2012
A typical work day consisted of dealing with one rude customer after another all day for 8 hours. You would make a huge sale with one person but the not sell anything for the next and that it take away from the money you would have made for the day. In return that would put you into core and core would get you fired. You could have the best attendance and attitude it didn't matter that company is based on numbers and that's it. My co-workers were great i had fun with all of them it was the managers that ran and hid in their office and not help with the rude customers is what made the job horrible!