DOLLAR THRIFTY Employee Reviews in United States

Productive fast pace and good management.
Job - Driver- Team Coordinator and management (Former Employee) –  17330 Palmetto Pines, Houston, TX 77032May 30, 2016
I am good with caring for customers and showing respect to get respect. I am a hard-worker alerted and awake with positive work ethic. I enjoy working with co workers because together we can finish the job or project fast. I enjoy a hard task because it is just a challenge not a problem. I enjoy working and meeting new people to net work with and enjoy the company.
Pros
hard worker positve mind.
Cons
I enjoy a good short break or 30 minutes to an hour lunch break.
was not what i expected
Flex Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 23, 2016
Management made it very hard to do job as assigned. also very unfair to employees very disorganized. Job discription was no what i applied for.
facilities
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2016
learned more about customer service and closing a quick sale. not a good enviroment with coworkers alot of envy and the best managment criteria.
Pros
vacations and easy access to request
Cons
health insurance expensive and poor future if you want to grow internal.no criteria from managment
Easy job and company to work for. Enjoy driving from location to location.
Lot Attendant / Porter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2015
Would like more hours and more room for advancement for the company. When there is option for more hours, they will give them to you.
unstable
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2015
No stability at this job. The managers are not friendly and one of the leads is downright outrageous. It is not enjoyable and always stressed. The layoff was not expected and caused sever harm to my financial outlook.
Pros
ok
Normal Days
Rental Car Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  BillingsNovember 26, 2014
Its a fun atmosphere with a ton of down time, the co-workers are friendly and willing to help you no matter what!
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 6, 2014
Answer calls from customers' are currently renting a vehicle or is unable to rent a vehicle due to non payment for owed balance.
Pros
hour lunch, great co-workers
great
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2014
it help me look at sales in a whole other way. my sales skills got a lot stronger and it was great getting to meet people from all over the world
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
n/a
Great Opportunity to Learn Captivate and Rental Car Industry
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2014
I worked with some really talented people at Dollar Thrifty and enjoyed collaborating and sharing with them. I was not an expert at Captivate when I started, but I was when I left. I was pushing the envelope to make the program do things it wasn't built to do. Management was dedicated and gave me the opportunities to create some great training. One co-worker in particular was such a good fit to work with. We shared what we discovered about the program and together we able to accomplish great things! I loved most of the projects I was assigned to work on and was allowed to do some really fun and enjoyable interactive presentations.
Pros
focus on training principles and interaction
Cons
stressful environment due to potential mergers and layoffs
Not that much fun
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 22, 2012
A typical day can be stressful, I didn't learn a lot, somewhat well managed, co-workers were a great team, the hardest part is the heat I had to be in sun almost 70 percent at a time, the most enjoyable part I got to drive the cars.
Pros
discount on rentals
Cons
short breaks