DOLLAR THRIFTY Employee Reviews

Great to work and get things done
Car Washer (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 11, 2017
Everyday was pretty routine and you knew what to expect and what came next. The coworkers were really supportive and great at helping one another and getting things done as fast and as well as possible. The management was good and the days went by fast. The hard part were the few moments when things were slow and we all needed to find something to do to keep us busy. Overall, a really great environment to work in. Not only that but you got to drive around in some pretty cool cars.
Awesome Workplace
Vechicle Control (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2016
I loved this job. It was amazing. Unfortunately, I couldn't move to OKC with the company once they were bought out by HERTZ
test drive new cars
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2016
Great Place to work and the pay was good .
Learned lots from the supervisors and coworkers,
loved management for there hard work.
hardest part of the job was when we sold out on cars but we manage to over come the issues ,Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers that came from all over the world i learned how to communicate with all walks of life
Pros
pay
Cons
Friendly and team player environment
Return agent (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is to have a stress free day with a smile and help from your co-workers. Usually, a day here can be fun and stress free. Lately, since business has increased due to a company merge, it's been causing stress to employees and customers because of the new company running a skeleton crew with high volumes of business and overcrowded lot from overbooking reservations.

I have learned how to work together with co-workers when help is needed. I have also learned skills that will help me in the future such as problem solving, effective communication, customer care assistance, and being able to work on my feet for eight hours five days a week. I believe I could have learned more but wasn't given the chance due to company merging and replacing people with who they wanted.

Management in this business could use some help and increase in management skills. It's important that company needs and employee needs are acknowledged. Money is a priority, but so are company needs and employee needs as well as appropriate staffing.

Coworkers are great. They make the day go by and make work a fun place to be; that is if they're hard workers and dedicate their time to their position.

The hardest part of this job is to provide a great experience overall for customers. This is the hardest because it's not in anyone else's hands but the managements. If the business wasn't ran the way it is now, customers would leave our company delighted and want to return. Customers wouldn't have to wait for vehicles for an hour or more and could live in a timely manner for the
  more... reason they came to visit Michigan.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the relationship with the customers and the friendly environment within the co-workers.
Pros
Friendly environment, benefits, annual raises, commission, and vacation.
Cons
Poor management, overworked, customer satisfaction not a top priority
Productive fast pace and good management.
Job - Driver- Team Coordinator and management (Former Employee) –  17330 Palmetto Pines, Houston, TX 77032May 30, 2016
I am good with caring for customers and showing respect to get respect. I am a hard-worker alerted and awake with positive work ethic. I enjoy working with co workers because together we can finish the job or project fast. I enjoy a hard task because it is just a challenge not a problem. I enjoy working and meeting new people to net work with and enjoy the company.
Pros
hard worker positve mind.
Cons
I enjoy a good short break or 30 minutes to an hour lunch break.
was not what i expected
Flex Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 23, 2016
Management made it very hard to do job as assigned. also very unfair to employees very disorganized. Job discription was no what i applied for.
facilities
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2016
learned more about customer service and closing a quick sale. not a good enviroment with coworkers alot of envy and the best managment criteria.
Pros
vacations and easy access to request
Cons
health insurance expensive and poor future if you want to grow internal.no criteria from managment
Easy job and company to work for. Enjoy driving from location to location.
Lot Attendant / Porter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2015
Would like more hours and more room for advancement for the company. When there is option for more hours, they will give them to you.
unstable
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2015
No stability at this job. The managers are not friendly and one of the leads is downright outrageous. It is not enjoyable and always stressed. The layoff was not expected and caused sever harm to my financial outlook.
Pros
ok
Normal Days
Rental Car Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  BillingsNovember 26, 2014
Its a fun atmosphere with a ton of down time, the co-workers are friendly and willing to help you no matter what!
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 6, 2014
Answer calls from customers' are currently renting a vehicle or is unable to rent a vehicle due to non payment for owed balance.
Pros
hour lunch, great co-workers
great
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2014
it help me look at sales in a whole other way. my sales skills got a lot stronger and it was great getting to meet people from all over the world
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
n/a
Great Opportunity to Learn Captivate and Rental Car Industry
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2014
I worked with some really talented people at Dollar Thrifty and enjoyed collaborating and sharing with them. I was not an expert at Captivate when I started, but I was when I left. I was pushing the envelope to make the program do things it wasn't built to do. Management was dedicated and gave me the opportunities to create some great training. One co-worker in particular was such a good fit to work with. We shared what we discovered about the program and together we able to accomplish great things! I loved most of the projects I was assigned to work on and was allowed to do some really fun and enjoyable interactive presentations.
Pros
Focus on training principles and interaction
Cons
Stressful environment due to potential mergers and layoffs
Not that much fun
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 22, 2012
A typical day can be stressful, I didn't learn a lot, somewhat well managed, co-workers were a great team, the hardest part is the heat I had to be in sun almost 70 percent at a time, the most enjoyable part I got to drive the cars.
Pros
discount on rentals
Cons
short breaks