Dollar Tree, Inc

Dollar Tree, Inc Employer Reviews

easy workplace with friendly employees and customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Millville, NJJuly 27, 2014
Pros: everything is 1 dollar!
Cons: very busy workplace.
My day usually consists of 8 hours of processing freight and assisting the cashiers at the register. I provide customer service to our customers. The employees get along well and are dedicated to providing great customer service.
Great company.
Budget Analyst / GM Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 25, 2014
Knowledgeable management, great benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a secure job.
A great place
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJuly 13, 2014
I love working there everyone is so nice i just what something different.
Easy place to work at!
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: very easy job
Cons: store manager is ratchet, assistant manager is hood, poor pay per hour, drama
Pay is very low you only make $7.50 an hour, only work 15 hours a week, a lot of drama to deal with, and the store manager is very ratchet, very easy to get days off you just write it on the calendar and the manager will give you that day off once you put a week ahead. Customers are friendly and will talk to you like their own friends.
Busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jesup, GaJune 22, 2014
Pros: the hours were good.
Cons: manger was not fit for position, yearly cleaning under wire bins.
It was not the most enjoyable place to work. I always felt like everything was left up to me. Being a 3rd key holder was a very enjoyable job though. I enjoyed having the upper hand when helping customers, unloading the truck, doing daily paper work, and all other managerial duties.
Positive work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2014
Open/close the store. Making sure that the shelves are fully stocked ad the customer leaves happy is my objective. I get along with just about everyone. The hardest part of my job is never having a consecutive schedule. It is different each week.
Great Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 1, 2014
Managers are really nice and love to joke around. They will help you out when the best they can when you need it. Hardest part of the job is fixing other people's mistakes.
My ASST MANAGER EXPERIENCE AT DOLLAR TREE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Belmont, NCMay 29, 2014
I loved my customers--- that was the only thing that kept me coming back to my job every single day for nearly 3 years... I missed only 2 days when my brother had a heart attack! They get as much work out of a person in the shortest amount of time and when it came time for raises I received a ONE percent raise! It was an absolute slap in my face. Please – more... do not waste your hard efforts for this company, there is no appreciation for the employee at all! – less
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, MOApril 13, 2014
Pros: i got 4 week vacations a year
Cons: sometimes not enough hours and or hlp..
a normal day of work would consist of getting the store ready to open such as turning registers on counting the safe and the cash drawers. open the store write out the daily task on what was going to go on that day what was going to get stocked what was going to be cleaned up condensed for new product. Me and my co workers got along great we were like – more... one big family. The hardest part of the job would have been if we got in a lot of freight sometimes it was hard to fit it all out.. The most enjoyable part was making my own schedule and just going into work everyday... – less
Very Productive and fun workplace with exciting people to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 25, 2014
i enjoyed going to work to see everyone and all of the costumers. I learned how to be quick when there was a line. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage keeping the front end straightened while there were a lost of people in the store.
Need better District management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grand Terrace, CAMarch 25, 2014
Can be a great place to work if you have the right team and the right District Manager.
I love to work
Cashier/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: everything
I love everything about all my jobs because i got to work and make money.
Was ok for a seasonal job
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Jacksboro, TNMarch 2, 2014
Its nothing more than you would expect from a seasonal job. Was pretty average all around. Great customers and location!
PRoductive and fun -depending the management team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2014
Usually look forward to going in to work.
Love making customers' day and do everything I can to meet their needs and satisfaction
Wonderful enviroment!
CASHIER (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 10, 2014
I have been working here for almost 4 months and have enjoyed every minuet of it. My co-workers are pleasant and management is great! I have decided that a full time position at another establishment will not stop me from working there on the weekends and holidays. The most enjoyable part of this job are the customers! Lots of laughs and great attitudes.
The Dollar Tree is a decent place to work.
Part Time Floor/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orland, CA 95963November 18, 2013
Pros: variety of customers that may need help.
Cons: understaffed most of the time making it challenging to deliver quality customer service.
The Dollar Tree is more of a busy place to work as it is continually understaffed. For our small city size there seems to be a good amount of customers, which is a good thing.

Usually there is one manager on site, one assistant manager that tends to assist the checkout area, and maybe one-sometimes two employees from my classification that helps customers – more... and stocks shelves.

The hardest part of the job for me is being on my feet for a good amount of time.

Most enjoyable: having a job! – less
Dollar tree was for the most part a pleasent place to work. I advanced in the company very well.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2013
Pros: 401k, hiring from within, vacations, sick pay
Cons: not enough hours for making productive schedules
A Typical day was opening up the store, getting daily weekly monthly numbers. Replenishing the store, merchandising and building product displays everyday and seasonal. While giving great customer service and over looking employees. I learned all basics and a lot of advanced techniques of policies and procedures of how to run a retail store. I would – more... say the hardest part of the job was often not having enough hours to run the store with the amount of employees it required. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something I enjoyed to do, while working with great people and making a difference every single day in peoples lives weather it was just giving great customer service to turning a frown that someone walked in with into a smile by the time they walked out of my door. – less
Dollar Tree was my first job out of High School
Team Dollar Associate, I (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 12, 2013
I welcomingly greet all customers, assist them in locating merchandise and finalize their purchases with the final sale. The associates were okay to work with, the management was fun and vibrant to work with. The hardest part of the job was to continously keep the store clean and recovered. Its a retail kind of job to it was a learning experience.
A job that should be easy is not!
Sales and Frozen Foods Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: "discounted" health insurance, 15 to 20 work weeks, minimum wage
Being a stocker at Dollar Tree should be a no brainer, but when you are constantly having to deal with hours being cut, or Upper management being a monkey wrench in the daily operations of the store, it wears you down. Not to mention that promotions and there attendant pay increase wont happen unless you are constantly in the ear of you DM. The turnover – more... is so high, but the company would rather blame the failed associates are weak or subpar, instead at looking at the policies and enviroment that leads to such a high rate of turnover. – less
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), NJAugust 31, 2013
Promoted a DM straight from college without retail experience. District had 5 SM with over 15 year experience, 3 with prior DM experience. Companies moving to college grads to run locations, no wonder epic fails happening across retail board

1 2 3