Dollar Tree, Inc

Dollar Tree, Inc Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I learned to work with different types of people, in different situtaions
needs better management
assistant manager, freight, merchandising manager (Current Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good at my job
Cons: not enough time off for family
If the correct management were in place, and all the employees did their fair share, the company would be a better success.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Carson City, NVDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The employees were very friendly and the managers made for a lighthearted work environment
Retail management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cabot, ARDecember 10, 2014
I began at Dollar Tree, Inc. as the Store Manager in Cabot, AR. My duties there included, but were not limited to, opening and closing the store and supervising all store associates and assistant managers. I was responsible for freight flow, inventory, making schedules, answering the phone, cashing out all associate cash drawers at the end of each of three shifts per day, merchandising, seasonal transitions, ASR sets and resets, customer service, completing exchanges, running the register if the cashier gets overwhelmed or needed a break, and following the instruction of my district manager and regional management team. In this position I accomplished bringing the store up from running negative numbers in sales to running positive sales numbers and earning bonuses each month for me and my assistant managers. We received customer compliments daily and our customer base was gradually growing. I became well known at my store for showing much appreciation to my associates when it is deserved and following company policy. I led by example. I did the work right alongside my employees that I expected them to do. By doing this I earn the respect of my employees and ended up with great results in teamwork from everyone. I'm extremely happy when doing retail work and my great attitude brings out a great and happy attitude from all those around me.
Fun Workplace!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MINovember 30, 2014
Great Environment, Great Workers, and Loved the Management.
A Normal Day at the Dollar Tree Included: Handling Cash, Stock, and Attending to Customers. Working in back such as Stock and Unloading the Truck, and Working Up Front at the Cash Register.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, NJNovember 26, 2014
Even on days that the store was dead I still had something to do whether I helped other coworkers
I was a cashier and customer service rep . With out any promise I would keep my job after holidays.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Camby, INNovember 24, 2014
Pros: employee to customer interaction, and making customers smile.
Cons: hardly ever got a break. and once again not enough hours
I enjoyed working at the Dollar tree. I would get to work, clock in, count my cash drawer and make sure there was at least 70 dollars in the drawer to start my shift. when I worked it was normally just me and my manager. I only worked with a select few people and never really had the chance to get to know them because we where always so busy. The hardest part of my job was probably going 8 hours at a time with out even a 5 min break. Other then that I cant complain, I really just enjoyed the employee to customer interaction and watching most of them leave with a smile on their face.
Thinking Long Term?
Assistant Store Manager (ASM) (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 23, 2014
If you are in college and need work experience and personal growth, this is the perfect company to work for .. Did it for 3 consecutive years, started as a cashier ended up as an assistant store manager. Great company!
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Seffner, FLSeptember 17, 2014
No room for advancement. Learned a lot. Did not enjoy working 14 hour shifts.
Fast Pace
Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2014
Great company to wok for.
Fun enviroment.
Enjoying
Great customers
easy workplace with friendly employees and customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Millville, NJJuly 27, 2014
Pros: everything is 1 dollar!
Cons: very busy workplace.
My day usually consists of 8 hours of processing freight and assisting the cashiers at the register. I provide customer service to our customers. The employees get along well and are dedicated to providing great customer service.
Great company.
Budget Analyst / GM Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 25, 2014
Knowledgeable management, great benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a secure job.
A great place
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJuly 13, 2014
I love working there everyone is so nice i just what something different.
Easy place to work at!
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: very easy job
Cons: store manager is ratchet, assistant manager is hood, poor pay per hour, drama
Pay is very low you only make $7.50 an hour, only work 15 hours a week, a lot of drama to deal with, and the store manager is very ratchet, very easy to get days off you just write it on the calendar and the manager will give you that day off once you put a week ahead. Customers are friendly and will talk to you like their own friends.
Busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jesup, GaJune 22, 2014
Pros: the hours were good.
Cons: manger was not fit for position, yearly cleaning under wire bins.
It was not the most enjoyable place to work. I always felt like everything was left up to me. Being a 3rd key holder was a very enjoyable job though. I enjoyed having the upper hand when helping customers, unloading the truck, doing daily paper work, and all other managerial duties.
Positive work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2014
Open/close the store. Making sure that the shelves are fully stocked ad the customer leaves happy is my objective. I get along with just about everyone. The hardest part of my job is never having a consecutive schedule. It is different each week.
Great Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 1, 2014
Managers are really nice and love to joke around. They will help you out when the best they can when you need it. Hardest part of the job is fixing other people's mistakes.
My ASST MANAGER EXPERIENCE AT DOLLAR TREE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Belmont, NCMay 29, 2014
I loved my customers--- that was the only thing that kept me coming back to my job every single day for nearly 3 years... I missed only 2 days when my brother had a heart attack! They get as much work out of a person in the shortest amount of time and when it came time for raises I received a ONE percent raise! It was an absolute slap in my face. Please do not waste your hard efforts for this company, there is no appreciation for the employee at all!
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, MOApril 13, 2014
Pros: i got 4 week vacations a year
Cons: sometimes not enough hours and or hlp..
a normal day of work would consist of getting the store ready to open such as turning registers on counting the safe and the cash drawers. open the store write out the daily task on what was going to go on that day what was going to get stocked what was going to be cleaned up condensed for new product. Me and my co workers got along great we were like one big family. The hardest part of the job would have been if we got in a lot of freight sometimes it was hard to fit it all out.. The most enjoyable part was making my own schedule and just going into work everyday...
Very Productive and fun workplace with exciting people to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 25, 2014
i enjoyed going to work to see everyone and all of the costumers. I learned how to be quick when there was a line. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage keeping the front end straightened while there were a lost of people in the store.

1 2 3