Dollar Tree
2,832 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Alot of work with no benefits and little job security
Cashier/Manager (Current Employee), Cerritos, CaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: repetative no brainer work
Cons: not enough pay, no benifits, no job security
This job is mainly for young students. There is very very little job security and if your store manager has any personal issues with you and wants to be snotty just because they can , they will and no one can really stop them. They give you a lot to do and very little hours to complete your tasks. For all your hard work never really pays off. Your hard work the store managers gets the pay off. The only good thing is your part time hours give you flexibility at home but then again you probably want and need more hours to survive, or will end up getting another job.
Fun, fast paced work environment, but frequent schedule changes with little notice.
Assistant Store Manager/Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 28, 2015
As an assistant manager, it's a very fast paced place to work. You're responsible for unloading trucks, stocking shelves, in addition to supervising the cashiers and handling the money. All of which I enjoy. However, I was hired with the promise of training to get a store, and after six months there has been very little training. Most of what I have learned, I've picked up as I went along. All the hourly employees are very friendly and fun to work with. The most difficult part of the job is trying to have a family life outside of work, because schedules get changed at the last minute, which makes planning anything very difficult.
Fun place to work at
Cashier/ unloader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: a good family enviorment and treats employees well
Cons: needs more hours
A typical day at work was great. I learned alot from dollar tree and mangement treated me very well. I really enjoyed interacting with people and unloading the monday deliveries.
Good workplace, Professional
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fox Lake, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: experience, the enviroment
Cons: weekends and every holiday, being only part time
I loved working for Dollar Tree. It helped me learn a lot of my skills I have now. The management was very professional and the other employees were very nice. We all were truly an dollar tree family. The downfall was it was only part time so I wasn't eligible for the benefits so I quit to look for a full time position. I got to fill balloon orders, help with customers pick out gift baskets, also helped unload the truck and stock the shelves.
Good environment, friendly staff.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: patient customers
Cons: short break
Day
-Count money in register
-open register and start helping customers
-Vacuum rugs
-Wipe down register
-Sweep floors
-Put back items in correct places
-Restock shelves
-Restock bathroom, clean bathroom
-Answer customer questions
-Make announcements on store speaker

Learned
-How to use a register
-Counting money more efficiently
-Multitasking
-Conversing with many types of people and personalities
-Gained social and math confidence

Staff
- Mangers did not have a lot of patience
-Staff would openly talk about customers when they were present

Overall
-It was hard to close the store at times because many people would have a cart full of items to scan when we needed to shut the doors.
-It was easy to great people and answer questions
-I enjoyed meeting and helping customers, I felt needed.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Orono, MEFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great staff, great customers
Cons: short breaks, no hours some weeks
working with some great people, interacting with customers on a daily basis, the staff was great and fun to work with. the hours were good. the hardest part was having the company give out some hours
At Dollar Tree
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 26, 2015
bad management , other then that I loved it , its more about the customers then anything . As long as their happy you should be to.
Great Company/ Bad Management
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Roswell ,NMFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: never got out on time, to many brakes
Long Day of Stocking
Great and loyal Customers
Hated Closing
Fun place to work(nice Coworkers
Stock Room/Sales Floor/Cashier (Former Employee), Shorewood MnFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people to work with and happy customersto deal with
Cons: low pay
I would my week on monday by unloading the store truck into the stock room. I then would unload the stock room onto the sales floor and help with any customers that needed to be help as far as finding a product to picking up online orders or cashing them out at the cashier checkout.
Fun and productive workplace with toys.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: got a drink when i was all done volunteering for the day.
I liked volunteering here because I was able to get a drink when I was all done volunteering here for the day and I was able to listening to my music whilst I volunteered.
Fun work place with friendly people
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spring, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Work early in the mornings that way we can get the product out on the shelves before the costumer walks in to do their shopping.
Secure place to work and shop
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), alpharetta, gaFebruary 25, 2015
Dollar Tree was great! My store environment was safe and clean for associates and customers. I love helping and being helped by people. The hardest part of the job was leaving because the managers and the associates was a family. I was under great leadership to lead the store as the assistant manager.
The management gives a chance to do a little bit of everything so your not just standing at the register like most jobs
Cashier (Current Employee), Winston, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: easy and fun place to work
Cons: short breaks no benefits unless full time
Great place for a first job
Easy going and firm peers
One of the Easiest register to work
Can be fun and very interactive checking out customers at a fast pace
Working on the floor I enjoyed more because you were always stocking something new and there was always something to do
Funny and very nice employers who all work together
Mostly nice customers in a nice enviornment

Never had a company that everyday you worked, they would always say thank you after ever shift; very impressive

Great store to shop and work at
good place to work if you a people person
Cashier-stock (Former Employee), Troy,miFebruary 24, 2015
come in count your draw , clock in make sure store is clean and in order help customers if they need help finding anything . and cash people out when they ready to leave.
GREAT PLACE
Over-Night Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), East Point, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great work place
GREAT WORKING JOB FOR SOMEONE WHOS IN SCHOOL AND HAS A BUSY SCHEDULE THEY WORK WITH YOU AND TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOU AT THIS JOB
Ok Place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moraga, CAFebruary 23, 2015
I didn't work here long. I wasn't really trained to work on the register, never really saw the manager, some of my coworkers acted like they didn't want to be there and had major attitude problems all day. I dropped a case of soda on my foot while restocking the fridge and was told that I couldn't go home even though it hurt to walk on it.
A busy place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Racine, WIFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day was standing at my register.

The people were pretty easy to get along with.

The best part part about the job was helping people.
Fun workplace if you handle your responsibilities
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manassas, VAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day would depend on what position I would be working with, some days I'll be cashier so I would handle all front end responsibilities, other days I would be stocker so I would help unload trucks or help stock the store
Cashier
SALES ASSOCIATE&CASHIER (Former Employee), Rock Hill, ScFebruary 23, 2015
Handled cash drawers and performed customer service for customers at the service desk with their transactions.
Fun and fast paced,with good customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Great company to work for,easy to get along with associates,being a manager was one of the best parts of the job,and learning new way's to be productive.But schedule did not fit my home priorities is therefore i had to resign.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more