Dollar Tree
2,727 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Typical retail experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers, paid breaks
Cons: short breaks, unpaid lunch
Working at Dollar Tree is as typical as can be. You clock in, do your duties, and clock out. There isn't a whole lot to say about working in retail. The usual caveat applies; such as rude customers.
Outstanding environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), FullertonJanuary 25, 2015
I learned to give great customer service and work with others as a team. Coach and develop others.
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fast paced, a lot to do
I thought this was a good place to work, and I can honestly say that I did not want to go. circumstances made it so I had to, but it was a good place to be.
Dollar Tree Is Horrible
Stocker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Dollar Tree is the worst store I have ever worked for in my life!!!!!!!!
One thing is that, The employees work there hearts out for that company and they do not appreciate them. they do not give us the hours to put all the products out the way they want them to be put out, but they expect us to work hard for them.
Terrible experience with this company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: far too many to list.
Was a manager with this company,and I am so glad I got out. One word; stress box
Flexible Hours, and Nice customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day is mostly about being able to balance when to be at the register to ring up customers and when to be doing other tasks such as putting returned items back on the shelves, refilling soda coolers, bringing misplaced items to their correct shelves, and helping customers find items within the store.
I have learned how to efficiently meet customers expectations by familiarizing myself with the store and the locations of difficult to find items.
The management is very accommodating , they are able to schedule shifts around my school schedule which changes every semester.
The coworkers are friendly and help out on their registers when we get a large number of customers checking out at once.
The Hardest part of the job would probably be preventing theft, especially by the kids and teens that frequent the store.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the various customers that come into the store. It is very rare to see a rude customer come through (at least in my short experience) and they are generally very nice and/or polite.
Organized, Productive and Clean workplace
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Every morning arrive at Dollar Tree at 4 in the morning to start the shift. Immediately clock in and head to back to load the U-boats,large containment carts for box loads. After U-boats were loaded, they were to be taking to the sales floor to stock the shelves and fridges when product supply was low.

Things learned would have to include;
how to unload from delivery truck,
how to officially stock shelves and fridges
how to change helium tanks.

Management was actually really fair but firm when needed to be. Allowed no slacking off of anykind.

I had really great coworkers, although most did not really arrive until 7 in the morning. They really helped out when it was asked of them.

Hardest part was waking up in the morning after having a short sleep when arriving from school, everything else was simple and doable.

The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment after finishing the duties
Okay Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
The hours are VERY flexible, no benefits, minimum wage pay. This is a good job for a high school student or a person with no responsibilities
Store Management Team was great but Corporate not so much
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: always the possiblility of advancement
Cons: nonexsistent perks and lousy benefit packages
Great work environment, for the most part. We are the highest grossing store in the region for 4 consecutive quarters and Top 3 store in the country. Comeback store of 2012 across all stores. My boss was released because one bank deposit was misplaced. It was later discovered that there was an error done by the bank. Instead of looking to protect one of their own they immediately turned and placed the blame on a scapegoat.
A lot of merchandise movement and was a pleasant environment
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Massillon, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of movement with products, and always something to do
Cons: mostly only part time positions there, not much room for advancement
This was a nice company to work for. There was a lot to do to keep busy. Everything in the store was a dollar, so there was no need to price things, and customers weren't confused as to how much anything was. freight was important. As it came in it needed to go out. with things only being a dollar there was a lot of merchandise bought daily, and it constantly need replenished. We had huge semi's full of merchandise sometimes daily to deal with. because dollar tree was one of my first management retail jobs, it made me very productive with stocking and purging the stock rooms. I learned a lot from them and that was my stepping stone to moving up into a full time management position to further my career.
An easy going place once you learn the ropes with a very friendly atmosphere.
Associate (Current Employee), Lewiston, IdahoJanuary 22, 2015
Dollar Tree was an interesting first time job. At first everything is confusing but after a few days of work I was able to get in a rhythm. Management was rough but they wanted to be firm on what needed to be done and at the same time have fun. My coworkers, I had little interaction with them due to small work teams, but when We worked together we got along pretty well. The hardest part of the job is when things get busy during the holidays and the lines seem to never end, but at the end of they day I felt accomplished. The enjoyable parts of the day is when everything is steady and the work gets done.
Very enjoyable place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: gift cards for compitions
Cons: no health care or sick leave
the place waqs a very good place to work for. management was outstanding & the coworkers were very enjoyable to work with. Ive learned that you really need to follow prodocall. the hardest part about this job was really nothing. The most enjoyable part was the job in general..
Fast paced
Retail Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), Fairview Hts, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: corporate has no idea of stress put on employees at store level
Love working with customers and employees. Was never doing the same thing, every day was something different.
Relaxed work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), houston, txJanuary 22, 2015
This was my first place of employment and it was and laid back. There were not many responsibilities. I handled cash/credit/ debit transactions and kept cleanliness of store.
Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee), Centereach NYJanuary 22, 2015
Dollar Tree was an excellent place to work at, nice co workers. Place is clean. Nice Environment
Cashier a good first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Co-workers are nice & helpful. Its a easy job, helping customers find what they need, cashing them out, keeping store clean, answering phones and making sure your area is clean before clocking out. This is not a Job I would want to move up in but it is a good experience.
Busy, productive, and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
A typical work day consist of steady lines of customers, lots of transactions being processed. Cases of frieght being unloaded each hour.
Normally a typical work day for an Dollar Tree cashier consists of; above and beyond customer service skills, correct money handling skills, assembling products for customer consumption, mantaining a clean workspace, and upholding company policies to the fullest of expectations. I learned better people skills, time management, and fast pace customer based service.
For the most part the management is exactly where it needs to be, Tolarable, experienced, and professionable.
Co-workers are exactly what is to be expected. You can have the unbearable ones and the ones you adore it all depends on how you treat people and how you tolerate such people.
To me there was is no hard part. Depends on your outlook.
The most enjoyable par of the job would have to be the learning experience. Learning new skills based on customer experience.
good job
Cashier (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 21, 2015
The first duty of the day greet the customers entering into organization. Handling all cash transaction of the organization, guiding and solving queries of customer
its ok
Stocker (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Somersworth, NHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: worked really early so i had alot of free time
I liked the job I really did, th manager then was jack and he was wicked cool.
Nice people, messy management
Freight Worker (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun and fast work environment
Cons: sloppy management and little pay
The typical day at work starts with waiting outside the store until the Manager arrived and opened. The 4-5 team members would then clock in and promptly move to the stock room and began preparing dollies and push carts. Empty boxes left by the overnight crew, if any, were bailed and unloaded from the bailer and taken out for pick-up. Once the truck arrived two members would bring out the loading belt and begin unloading from within the truck and sliding products down the loading belt to the remaining 2-3 members to be stacked in the back room. The process took 2-3 hours some days, 4-5 others depending the shipment size and was done twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Depending on the number of people unloading and stocking shelves, occasionally towards the end of unloading the truck a member would be sent to start stocking shelves, usually to get some boxes out of the way to accommodate space for the morning's products. This was usually done hastily and regardless of the amount of that product that was already on the floor, we were simply instructed to stock shelves with what we could. Usually after unloading a truck, those members who were unloading the truck were sent to stock shelves, each member assigned a section (a few certain aisles).
Through these days I learned that sometimes to achieve a better result I had to take the matters of stocking shelves into my own hands and put out only what I knew there was little of. I learned better time management through this and gain an appreciation for the individuals who keep shelves orderly and aisles clean because I learned – more... first-hand how difficult it is to maintain them.
Management was sloppy at best. Assistant Managers had little regard towards their jobs and simply did the bare minimum to make it through their hours. The Manager was less than enthusiastic, again, with little regard towards managerial duties and only really became a real boss when the District Managers would show up to review the store.
Co-workers were less than enthusiastic about their jobs and fell back on bare minimum workloads and always looked for more ways to get out of doing work. While work was done, co-workers tended to work as slowly as possible to leave more work for the midday and evening crews (which ended up coming full circle, likely because the other teams acted similarly).
Hardest part of the job was the combination of physical labor and early morning shifts. Fighting off morning slowness and having to work relatively quickly while unloading the trucks made that aspect of the job difficult. Luckily the rest of the work wasn't as physically taxing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendliness of co-workers and Managers and Assistant Managers. While they were an unenthusiastic bunch with poor work-ethic they were a fun bunch of people who conversing with made the hours we worked feel shorter. Those who worked the morning shifts rarely rotated so they were a very tight knit group who were a pleasure to work with – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more