Dollar Tree

3.4K reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

A very fast paced environment, very adaptive, and great place to expand my work skills.
Associate (Former Employee), 1115 W Main St,Merced, CA, 95340August 1, 2015
Pros: Great job to gain skills working in a face paced environment and multi-tasking, 10 minute break was enough for me
Cons: Not enough hours, high pressure, strict time frames
A typical day at work would be coming in, getting work tools ready, signing in at specified work time, and completing tasks management has given to me within a limited time frame. The tasks given to me were to: go through specific aisles, reorganizing items, replacing items where they belonged, customer service, and general overall maintenance.I learned how to manage work in a specific time frame and improved on multi-tasking. This occupation allowed me to improve on my loss prevention skills and learn how to use specific tools such as a box crusher and a helium tank for balloons. Management was great overall and co-workers were superb to work with as teams where we would share a work area to work on. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet my goal for task completion in a specific amount of time, when their were many customers coming in and out who needed help. More customers meant a larger work load to complete.The most enjoyable part of the job was I worked my hardest, enjoyed helping customers, and enjoyed the company of my co-workers.
Fun job, very competitive
Stock Person (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2015
The pay was decent. It was very fast paced. It took a lot of skill to organize everything just right. It was a easy going work environment.
Good for part-time workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 31, 2015
The way the company is run is absolutely ridiculous. They will not spend any money on things that are needed for the appearance of the stores. If a store is falling apart it does not matter.
energetic
Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2015
handled customers complaints, assist in hiring and managing of employees. assisted in scheduling and inventory of associates.
fun workplace
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJuly 30, 2015
working at dollar tree was a fun experience, I learned how to check customers out and work under the gun in crunch time
also learned how to do some stocking and receiving
unfun
STOCK CLERK (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all
Not the greatest place or safest to work they abuse you on when they want you to work. they dont care if you have a family....only they are important
Good job for a teen in high school
Cashier (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 30, 2015
Cons: low wages and no room for growth
You have to be at least 18 to work here, but its a great job for a teen in their senior year of high school or a student who is about to go off to college. I have been a cashier for over a year now and I have not had a raise nor have been promoted. I am a part time college student and work here part time. I do not see myself here for very long. I make $7.30 an hour which isn't enough to support me. I don't have any kids but a family that does include children wouldn't be able to be supported of this alone. I feel like the managers make you do most of the work and the customers are really rude. You only get a 10 minute break. the managers have forgotten to give me a break a few times that I have been here which they can get in trouble for if they don't give you one.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: All
Cons: none
Was a cashier and on feet all day but fun and rewarding. I also stocked shelves and helped unload trucks. I became pregnant while with the company and they were extremely generous and understanding when needing specific days off for doctors visits and me taking time off when having her.
overall okay
Cashier duties (Former Employee), columbai moJuly 29, 2015
Pros: nice cusotmers
Cons: yucky boss
i basically did a lot fo customer service store displays and interacted with the customers a lot and filled baloons stocked shelves and just put on a smiling face
safe environment always fun
Cashier (Former Employee), lewisville,txJuly 29, 2015
Pros: hrs
Cons: not enough workers
fun work place
supportive management
great hours
safe environment
Always able to smile and be bubbly and myself cause of my coworkers.
Great Company and good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good training programs
Cons: great benefits
Dollartree is a great place to work, great customers and they have a good variety of merchandise. It is a lot of hard work in order to succeed in this company you have to be dedicated hard worker with a lot of stocking experience.
ok job
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: easy job
This is OK as just like a first job or a temporary job. There isn't really room for advancement. The management was OK, there were a couple managers who were awesome but one of the managers was horrible and always seemed angry.The pay is average for cashier work.
Fun working environment
cashier (Former Employee), biddeford maine 04005July 29, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers as well as friendly customers and decent pay
Cons: you dont always get nice customers other than that there is nothing bad about this job
I honestly really enjoyed working at dollar tree if I could work there again I would definitely take the opportunity. I just love the interaction with customers on a daily bases. At this job I also learned with the not so nice customers to have patients with them.
positive workplace
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: more hours
Cons: management was way over board with dresscode
easy, going, productive workplace. Management can change a few things as far as operations. Other then that I really enjoyed being a cashier, interacting with customers was a plus.
My first job
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJuly 28, 2015
I worked at Dollar tree during my senior year of high school. Didn't have bills to pay so back then making 6.75 didn't seem bad. its a great first job.
Excellent Company and Leadership!!!
District Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee FloridaJuly 27, 2015
Dollar Tree is an Excellent Company to work for and grow to your potential!! The customers LOVE the stores and the image is improving everyday.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJJuly 27, 2015
My hours were cut down to nothing while hiring new younger employees. They told me that was company policy. It was unfair to me when I need to work and worked very hard and did a very good job.
not the worst company to work for but not the best
Customer service (Former Employee), Ellington, CTJuly 27, 2015
I worked there for almost 2 years and the management was terrible least my main manager. I was being pushed more due to my manager knowing my father who was a manager at another store and being jealous and not being professional.
Dollar Tree is OK
Stock Clerk/Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: start at minimum wage comepleatley regardless of experience.
I worked there fairly briefly. I learned my job well mostly on my own .

There was basically no on the job training.

I was started at minimum wage as this is standard for the co.

Experience has no bearing on starting pay rate.

I had planned on staying there a bit longer until I found something better.

Unfortunately I sprained my ankle and was let go with no

notice at all
i was a cashier. its was fun
Stock Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2015
I took my job very serious.Cashiering was a big learning experience,and if I had to do it again I would with pride.Doller Tree was great.
Headquarters