Dollar Tree
3,130 reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

great place with free drinks
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 25, 2015
the hardest thing i had to do was not break the glass that i had to put out. typically i would stock the shelves and tend to the customers in any way possible.
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 24, 2015
Nice place to work when you need flexible hours and little hours. The general manager is very friendly and nice. she helps with your hours when you need it.
It's okay for the most part
Cashier (Current Employee), Hudson, MAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Learn more than one job
Cons: No benefits (unless your management)
This job is best for kids that just graduated high school. I am a single parent and I don't make that much off of this job. The hours and shift times fluctuate. You pretty much have to have an open availability to work here. Just wish this job could be fulltime instead of part time.

I love the crew I work with and the manager.
Not for the faint of heart...
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMay 22, 2015
Pros: The money is decent, the 6 month benefits are good (insurance, PTO, etc), friendly co-workers
Cons: Long hours (sometimes 10 hour days, sometimes 6 days a week), lack of communication with management along with bad decision making by the higher-ups
I am a current employee at Dollar Tree Distribution Center 3 in Joliet, IL. This is not a bad job, but it IS hard work that can sometimes be extremely frustrating. As well, there is a LOT of overtime (mostly due to being understaffed on 3rd shift). Lately, we have been working 6 days a week with the choice for voluntary overtime (on top of the mandatory extra day). Management makes some bass-ackward decisions too. Sometimes they make decisions that can only make you say "Whaaaaa...???".

Like I said, it's not a BAD job, per say, but if you're not a patient and hard-working person, you won't last more than a week before you walk out.
Fun/Family oriented
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Jasper, ALMay 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent customers. Great managers.
Cons: under staffed at all times.
This company was fair. Break were given when they were assigned and off days were clearly understood.The biggest problem was being short staffed or having employees that did not care. As a manager, I was left alone several times in the store to be a cashier and recover the misplaced items.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Short breaks, only one break during shift hours
A typical work day would and does include counting of your drawer before and after your shift, making small talk with customers as they come to cash out thanking them for their business along with inviting them back. Making small talk with co-workers and having a few laughs as the day goes by.
Productive and very work oriented
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Aurora, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Being able to work with people
Cons: Part time job
This is a great place to work at. Fun work enviornment and pleasant people. My days at work consists of clocking in, getting my drawer, getting to my register, tuning on my light, checking customers out, working on the u boat and repairing damages in between, clearing my register, putting go backs away and then taking down my drawer and clocking out.
I learned how to stock and work hellium tanks.
The hardest part of the job is being fast enough to stock.
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping people.
Good Job for students
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati OHMay 22, 2015
Dollar Tree does not have competitive wages and managers are required to work very long hours without being compensated fairly.
Not very fun
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: strict work schedule
Dollar tree is a normal minimum wage job. The assistant manager work you for a salary that is not worth it. Working there will make you hate working a local stores.
Busy!
Cashier (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, and customers
Cons: Small store
Dollar Tree was a great place to work, the customers were wonderful, my co-workers were amazing. Dollar Tree was a pleasure to work at. I worked as a cashier and part time stocker.
Demanding & satisfying
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daphne, ALMay 21, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people I worked with, however management seemed to expect to much out of there employees, who were earning to little pay for the amount of labor they were doing, leaving myself looking for a different job.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Chico, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: cashiering skills developed
Cons: management
A short shift, id start at 11am-3pm greeting customers and scanning products. when it wasnt as busy I would fill up ballooons and scan the store and putting products back in their proper places.
Productive and professional working environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMay 21, 2015
Great company with room to grow within the organization. Provides a fun, comfortable working environment with an exceptional staff of workers that make sure things get done in a timely manner.
productive and friendly enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks
everyone is amazing! love seeing smiling faces from everyone! management is wonderful, hardest part is leaving the place...typical day is checking out customers making sure they enjoy their shopping experince
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Dollar Tree is running a cash register or stocking the shelves. I have learned different ways to merchandise our products so we can sell those products more. My managers are awesome people to work with and they are very understanding people. I love working with my co-workers, and they are fun and full of laughter. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the lack of hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the regular customers and being able to see them on almost a daily basis.
Fair.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Show Low, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: A good Job.
Cons: No compensation for your miles on company bussines.
Co-workers want to just stand and talk. Always lots of work to be done. Good Customers. Hard to fined People who want to work and come too work.
Fast paced Enviornment
Greeter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with the public and having fun at the same time. Greeting customers was one of the highlights of the job.
Good summer job.
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 20, 2015
This job kept me with a little money in pocket and I had a good amount of hours weekly. I would work there again but only if I returned with a better position.
Working at Dollar Tree
Associate (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: the associates are welcoming
Cons: gossip, miscommunication
I enjoyed my year and eight months working there. I learned what it was like to work as a whole unit and I also had some training to be a manager, but I had to turn down my position because of my father being in the military and having to move.
good to be a side job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: time balance
Cons: not to many hours
not that much work, but have to deal with little things on a daily basis that makes it look bad. It is good place to start if a person likes to go by the rules.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries