Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 5,636 reviews matching the search
Productivity Positivity Relaxed Great Workers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2016
This Company was fine all in all, their constantly replacing Management,Lack of structure. This company is a long day of physical activity including Stocking the shelves and Backroom,Taking Truck 2 times a week.little to no room for adjustment in work No Lunch Breaks 8+ Hour days
Pros
Good workers
Cons
No breaks High turnover rate
Interesting place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALDecember 5, 2016
The job was great however the manager was doing some unethical stuff that I did not approve of. Needless to say that manager is no longer employees with Dollar Tree.
I love working with the public.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2016
The only thing I love about this company is that the customers after friendly.Its a great store that carries alot of different items and they are all a dollar. I meet different people everyday and I like the fact that I can help some one put a smile on their face and mine.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Store manager
No life
Loader (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 4, 2016
Second shift is understaffed. Sometimes unorganized . No life. Management is not very good. A lot of people have gotten hurt on the job due to negligence.
This was a good company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mustang, OKDecember 4, 2016
Dollar Tree has a very welcoming environment. The customers are very nice and easy to get along with, but the pay is extremely low.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 4, 2016
Clock in start stocking for about 2 hours..then I worked the register for the rest of the day..the most enjoyable part was learning new things that will help me progress in the work force..
Fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2016
Dollar tree is a fun work place. people are nice you have set customers that comes in. Some people come in all the time. It keeps you busy at work there is always something to do.
good experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 4, 2016
Had great managers and they were very helpful in the development of growth. I had a great repor with them, and even tho I dont work there anymore I have kept communication with them. I had an awesome time with them. The pay was minimum wage but was still great people to work with
Average
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MADecember 3, 2016
I did not like working here. The environment was always dirty, management wasn't friendly, rude customers. Alot of the time I was doing alot of nothing and the work attire was uncomfortable.
Pros
Hours
Very fast paced.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2016
Running around like crazy, putting out as much freight as possible. Hiring and developing people is a plus for me. Managing the payroll given was the most difficult. Learned a lot of useful managment skills and how to deal with difficult customers as well as employees. Every holiday presented a new challenge to overcome. Definitely never a dull moment at DollarTree.
Pros
Writing my own schedules, oppertunity to make bonuses.
work place environment was a clean and fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  1726 mcdonald avenueDecember 2, 2016
a typical day at dollar tree was basically a smooth day the most enjoyable part of my day are my regular customers and the hardest part of the day was when employees call out what i learn at dollar tree is time management
Pros
Bonus and paid time off and there dental
Cons
dead lines and project not being kept up
Great people to work with. Friendly environnent
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTDecember 2, 2016
Very friendly people and they assist you if you need it. You always are happy to work with the people around you because the energy is high there and always positive.
Dont ever work here!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2016
Horrible managers, employees, & district managers. I rather cut off my limbs & burn them back on before working or shopping here again. I was wrongfully mistreated & I hope this business doesn't last for others sake.
Fun work place for anyone
Dollar Tree cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed this job it was probably my favorite job I'm a people's person and I got to b around people everyday. Therw was never a day that a hated to go in. My boss was great and everyone I worked with.
Pros
Off on hollidays
Cons
Short breaks
they dont care about your family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLDecember 1, 2016
I watched so much stuff happen at dollar tree that was not supposed to aloud and as long as the right person likes you, you can keep your job. They want you to work like crazy for not so good pay.
Growing Company
Store manager (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 1, 2016
I found it hard to work there only because there is no expectations nor is there any accountability. The Corporate Management for this Company in my particular region are not approachable or helpful. I believe the Company has the potential to be a great place to work if they offered competitive wages, helpful corporate management, and full-time positions.
Big smiles, smooth flow and pace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Diamondhead, MSDecember 1, 2016
I could not wait to get to work each day. The staff was wonderful, my boss was great, and the customers were rarely in a dull mood. The manager ran the store with simply met expectations and made work enjoyable.
Pros
simple directions to follow and expectations to be held.
Cons
short or rare breaks
The Management was very poor in guiding
Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 1, 2016
Working for Dollar Tree was a nice experience with the co workers. The Management was very poor in guiding and teaching. They called you in on your days off to cover hours. Instead of teaching employees how to do their jobs they just put all on one employee.
Pros
co workers
Cons
Poor Management
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NJDecember 1, 2016
I personally had so much fun working here. I enjoyed the company of my co workers. The managers are always available to help when needed.
I loved Dollar Tree
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIDecember 1, 2016
My time at dollar tree was meaningful and a life changing experience because it taught to push mself more in the leadership role.