Dollar Tree
3,007 reviews

Dollar Tree United States Employee Reviews

Meeting new people everyday with a smile.
Assistant Manager- Part Time (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction.
Cons: Poor upper management scheduling hours to cover shift changing.
Challenging working with all types of people, Managing cashier production with assisting customers, applying time management skills to get work done in a timely fashion. Hardest part of job is watching that cashiers get the work done without walking away. The most enjoyable part of day is when the customer is satisfied and leave store feeling they were treated with respect and professionialism.
Very fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Oceanside, caApril 20, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: 2am shifts
Dollar Tree was great . I was mostly at the register in the beginning . The started to stock more . Management was great very helpful. Never let you go at something blinded. Co-workers where fine. Hardest part was the 2 a.m. stocking shifts. Most enjoyable was everything else.
Asst. Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLApril 20, 2015
Key Holder, Supervised and directed staff, daily bank deposits customer service Conducted daily cashier audits, stocked merchandise..
Growing company with management opportunites
Freight Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Great company to advance within. They have a great attitude when it come to allowing people who love what they do to advance.
Busy
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 19, 2015
Worked as a cashier at this location. Store always stayed busy and there is a great deal of cleaning after store hours. Management was flexible and co-workers were friendly.
Productive, steady work environment.
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Winchester, VAApril 18, 2015
My first job at the Dollar Tree was a good experience for me. I enjoyed learning about customer service and interacting with others to gain experience in the retail and customer service field of work.
good word experience
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Spring, TXApril 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. It was my first job and it was seasonal. I was glad to have the work experience. A typical day was restocking shelves and helping customers with their purchases.
Somewhere to start if you are getting out of highschool
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 18, 2015
Typically you take complaints and orders from your supervisor. Not a team job. I have learned how to hide feelings from the public to get through the work day. Some co-workers are ok to work with but you have some where you have to pick up the slack for them. Hardest part of the job is trying to get all of your cases out plus give customer service to customers when you are the only associate working. Also your hours are constantly being cut you are required to work anywhere between 5hrs to 15 hours a week BUT that's if the Store Manager favors you (NOT BECAUSE OF HOURS BEING LOW this is a term managers like to use frequently at this job). Most enjoyable part of the job is coming in contact with the public, making someone day and being appreciated for what you do from a customer and from those associates who value your hard work.
Terriable place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Biscoe, NCApril 18, 2015
The company is a terrible place to work. Turnover rate is extreme high. There is no opinion for growth. The store manager is very inconsistent and fail to acknowledge his employees.
Hard job
Cashier (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 17, 2015
This job was pretty brutal and with not a lot of people working each shift I had to cover multiple jobs and was always rushing. The co-workers and management were friendly but for some reason the managers tended to hang around in the office for long periods of time.
boring
assistant front checkout manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: shirt break
fast work place, understaffed, rude customers and management, coworkers are not polite, the best part was getting paid and going home the worst part was closing
good place to work short-term
Stock Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 16, 2015
i only worked there long to set up the store .build and stock the shelves.wax the floors ,set the store up nice for the grand opening.
Great Place to Work for Starters
Casjier (Current Employee), Ruskin, FLApril 16, 2015
Cons: 10 minute breaks, scheduling issues
Hours are short and people are friendly for the most part, co-workers are okay, most enjoyable is meeting new people in the community and seeing them everyday
Productive, easy reasonable rules and guidelines, easy to work with co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Cornelius, NCApril 16, 2015
A typical day consist of either working the register or creating displays for the merchandise. I learned that the way you set things up is appealing to the eye, which will make people want to buy it. My manager was laid back for the most part, but serious about the rules. The rules were simple and easy to follow so he rarely said anything about breaking or bending them. My co-workers had an understanding of their roles, and everyone did what they were told. The hardest part was finding something to do even if everything was done already. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. They made the hours go by faster and my day a little more interesting.
nice enviroment not many oppurtunites for job growth
Cashier (Current Employee), poway caApril 15, 2015
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: only part time
I enjoyed working there for almost four years. I just need more hours and there's not many opportunities for moving up in the company.
Ok Place to work.
Cashier $9 per hr (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Other workers were nice.
Cons: Head manager was lazy and could not finish her work.
I was suppose to be a cashier but because the store head manager was not good at finish her job, I ended up doing about three times the work that was expected of me. I was always cleaning her messes up.
multi- tasking work enviroment
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (PT) (Former Employee), Staunton, VAApril 15, 2015
needs to be cross trained in all ares as far as buffin, stripping, waxing, and polishing floors. Ties in with housekeeping as far as laundry
Dollar Tree
dollar tree (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: management was good
Cons: not many work days and the pay is not worth it
The management what's good but the pay was not I did not get many work days as a stock clerk I did not get much work time or that much money and I understand that cashiers would make more then stock clerks because they were dealing with the customers but when I worked there I would also have to help and deal with the customers but I got payed less it was nice to work at Dollar Tree but it's not some place I would stay vary long.
Fast paced retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Barstow, CAApril 15, 2015
A typical day includes various duties
I learned merchandising, handling customers and store management.
I love my manager
My co-workers were great
The job was easy
I enjoyed the whole job
Typical day
Customer Care Professional, Dollar Tree (Former Employee), Gary, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: short distance
Cons: short break
• Greeted, and assisted customers with their requests
• Cashiered
• Balanced cash registers daily
• Stocked shelves
• Received incoming calls

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries