Dollar Tree Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,921 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR 97603June 30, 2016
When you get to work we all exchange our hellos and get straight to our tasks for the day. If anyone needs assistance, the managers are quick to help. One person is never given a job too big without help to complete it. Also very good with working around your home schedule. I highly recommend working at the Dollar Tree in Klamath Falls Oregon. The staff their is incredible.
Pros
Managers buy breakfast and lunch sometimes.
Cons
No benefits at all for part time employees.
Fast Fun And supportive
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 30, 2016
It is retail so you do not sit down ever. If you are active and like to move this is the job for you. If you are a office manager this is not the right job for you. It is a fun place to work. New stuff comes in all the time. If you want to move up from stocker to management very easy. They support you 100% if your a hard worker. Good starting manager job. Fast pace always doing freight. Now moving from a store manager to district manager that is way harder. They seem to look out side the company for them. Pay is low for DM too for what they do. Don't get me wrong on the DM they are good people but we loose them because of Pay most of the time. But very successful people tend to work 55 hour to 60 hours a week. Bonus program is awesome again they will pay you well if you put in the time. Great company having growing pains but alway there to help you. Good training 5 weeks for store manager 3 weeks for ast manager. Payroll is tight like most companies but workable.
Pros
paid monthly bonus that you can make if you work. good support too
Cons
benefits 3 times amount for insurance Tha doesn't cover anything long hours
Fun at Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work was an okay day. I've learned to work well with others and communication skills have improved a lot. The hardest part of the job was no matter what the customers are always right even when you knew they were wrong
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2016
*timely
*organized
*direction
*interpersonal skills
- Working at this location was a task worth wild.
Non-challenging work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 29, 2016
Dollar Tree being my first job, I learned a lot and am still grateful for the opportunity. However, I did not enjoy working in that environment because I felt that the managers were hostile and didn't create a great working experience. I felt that I needed to challenge myself and try other work environments.
Good place.
Packaging & Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OKJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy, productive and enjoyable. I learned how to run cash registers and deal with the public. Management was great. My co-workers were always nice. The hardest part of my job was dealing with disrespectful customers. I enjoyed everything about my job at Dollar Tree
Just started as Freight/Assistant store manager
Freight Manager/Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
I just started so I don't have a lot to say. But so far so good. I'm looking forward to my future with them. 3 breaks in 1 shift is unheard of. My last job said breaks were courtesies not guaranteed. So thank you.
Pros
Not overwhelming, 3 breaks
Cons
unsure
fast paced
Quality Assurance Specialist/checker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 29, 2016
Overall great place to work. Fast paced, great managers, friendly employees. I would go back if I were to move back into the area.
About my job at dollar tree
Stocking manager (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 28, 2016
When I go to work on the days I have to work, we always be having a busy day every single day. I enjoy working with my other co-workers as a team. The hardest part of my job is getting my stock crew to put out all the freight out of the stock room.
A lot of work for being a part time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 27, 2016
It is definitely a good place to get experience that you may need for another job. A typical day at work would cash out customers, stocking items in the aisles, putting back go backs, cleaning register area. I am more open to other people where I am not shy. I have also learned to be tougher because there are people that extremely mean for no apparent reason and you can not react to them. My co-workers are very nice. We keep it work related and professional.
Do not enjoy working at Dollar Tree
Recovery Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkJune 27, 2016
Dollar Tree does not provide enough hours. There is no security so there is always stealing. The pay rate is also bad. The managers need to care more about the employees
Don't work here if you have a family to provide for.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OKJune 27, 2016
I have worked here for almost a year and it was great at first, you would get all of your hours and they offered overtime but, the longer I stayed there the more hours I wasn't getting and the less work they had for us. They would tell us that they were going to be picking up soon and that we would have our hours and they would hire a bunch of people but then turn around and say they had no work for us and send a lot of people home. I was constantly asking to be trained on equipment and they would keep giving excuses as to why they couldn't when they had plenty of people to cover areas so the trainer could train people. The supervisors showed a lot of favoritism to certain employees and to me that isn't being professional. I definitely don't recommend this place if you have a family to support. Its a great job for single people that only have themselves to worry about. A lot of people I worked with had second jobs just to be able to pay the bills at home.
Pros
Health Insurance Paid For
Cons
Not consistent with hours. Supervisors are rude, Mentally draining.
very productive place
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 27, 2016
the day begins with a department shift meeting. This is where the goals for the day are discussed. Then everyone is assigned to where they will be working for the day. when you arrive in the mod you grab the labels for the level you would be picking, then you begin picking boxes and labeling them.
Easy balance at a young age...
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2016
I ran the cash register and kept store in clean order. I assisted customers when they came in the store. Nice environment to work in at a young age.
great fun and exciting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAJune 27, 2016
I would come into work open store run freight, and do the daily operations of the store, plus customer services. The customers would get so excited when new stuff would come in
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours I was part time
pretty average job nothng bad besides pay
cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2016
its a pretty normal job simple and easy low hours and pay but its a dollar store so that's to be expected management is pretty good they look after there employees and don't micro manage you just do your job and you wont have any issues.
Pros
easy job no pressure
Cons
low pay low hours no real benefits
Good Working
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, CAJune 25, 2016
It was good working there. the other employees were nice and made working there fun. it was a very enjoyable experience.
Nice
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 25, 2016
Nice and fair place to work with increasing responsibilities and good management. Not too busy of a store so work is not too difficult.
I LOVE WORKING THERE. I show up at work.I dont call of work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTJune 24, 2016
You can call and ask to Speak with Kelly. Also you can talk to Ted. I really love this job and i hope to be there a long time the job require us to help keep the store clean. All the customers love me to.
Good Workers, Great Teamwork, Good Hours Most The Time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 24, 2016
I learned to till the cash registers, good coworkers not to hard of a job with great understanding. Could Not do the 30 day work period thing before hire though.
Pros
Good Co-Worker
Cons
Short Breaks, Expected the VERY best even for people with disabilities.