Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 5,964 reviews matching the search
I lived working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working at the dollar tree. loved the people I worked with. Wish I would of got more hours.loved working with customer and helping people find what's they were looking for
Interesting
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with my assistant manager. I learned a lot from her. It's always good to learn different things. But the work place was a different story.
I hate this place
ASM (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2017
As a manager you should be able to enjoy your job. At dollar tree that is impossible. Their expectations are unrealistic. Hours constantly get changed. High turn over rate for not only cashiers but management as well. Even if you apply for a store near you there's a possibility of just being placed anywhere. Store managers are rude and uninviting. Working at dollar tree has made me completely miserable and made me hate retail, something I once loved.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
fun and productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 19, 2017
the managers are awesome its a stress free laid back work enviroment but the pay could be better i suppose and the hours.
The work is easy you normally stock the aisle behind your register.
management however may get more hours but not by much and same with their py most people that work here have to have a second job just to make ends meet. The hardest part of the job is trying to get your aisle unstocked before the end of your shift along with checking out all the customers. the easiest part of the job i feel is when your stocking. i enjoy all aspects of my job.
Pros
fun stress free work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace and very good managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working there, and the management associates were always very pleasant and extremely helpful. I have a very long history of retail experience so I really did not have much to learn there and was able to catch on fast.
Cons
Only Part-Time for Cashiers
Busy and fun place to work.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Fast paced, great working with diverse group of people.
Easy to get along with management
Christmas was great with all the extra hours available
After Christmas hours next to none
Pros
Always busy
Cons
No hours
enjoyed working with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 19, 2017
cashed out customers, helped in solving pricing problems and worked along side of assisted manager counting deposit, worked on the floor stocking and retrieving carriages from the outdoors. Helping customers with returns and damage goods.
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
health care
dollar tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 19, 2017
great employers, love the manager she is always thoughtful ans understanding. my experience working with dollar tree was consumer service. now that was the fun part of the job meeting new people helping the consumers giving them smiling coming in and leaving the store.
Pros
great teaching skills
Cons
need security cameras so scary when closing the store
love shopping here
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 18, 2017
store is always a complete mess but over love the products and spend a lot of time shopping here. I find things that at any other store i would pay sometimes double the price if not more. great place to get gift bags. i go to a lot of parties even at Walmart i pay 10 dollars a bag that i can get for $1
Pros
good price
Cons
messy
Was good
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Managers work fantastic to work with, I felt like it could somewhat be myself in the workplace. Very clean and very polite. The managers helped out with cashiering when needed
Pros
Very clean, very nice people, could be myself
Cons
Rude dirty customers
its an ok wor place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Management was ok to work with wasn't really all that great. A lot of work throw on you and little time to finish. To much work in your plate at once.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and learned a lot about it. I had the most cooperate co-workers and enjoyed working with them. My manager was a very nice person to work for. There was nothing hard about the job, and the most enjoyable part of the job was to get up and report to work.
Pros
Good hours
great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 18, 2017
people her are so nice and very helpful.everybody worked as a team.i enjyed meeting new people and always making people happy. I always went above and beyond.
Dollars at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNJanuary 18, 2017
My day starts with counting my till before I start accepting customers purchases. My previous jobs are where I learned my skills and have skills that are not used in this position. The hardest part of my job is not having enough work to do...I hate standing around doing nothing. The most enjoyable part is taking care of customers.
cleaniness
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJanuary 18, 2017
A very dirty, disorganized store.
Bad reputation for keeping employees. Staff is friendly but very unorganized. Have heard multiple complaints about employees and condition of store. I enjoyed the work but was very unsatisfied with the way management operated things. Scheduling was very disorganized and the hours scheduled did not meet my satisfaction.
This job is very demanding but can be good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Accokeek, MDJanuary 18, 2017
It all depends what u want in a job. It will be very hard work especially if u have to clean up the store. But u can move up and get good money if u stick with it.
Pros
Can be good money
Cons
Hardwork Honostly
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Team member (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Dollar Tree works as a team. Whenever i go help out at another store i realize that Dollar tree members come together from all places to help out and make things happen!
Fast pace enviroment wiith deadlines
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This is a retail store where employees have to be quick on their feet. There are display deadlines weekly that let the customers know what specials the store is having. Its constantly changing and a great learning environment. I was in charge of my co workers, I had a great team. The hardest pat of the job would be when people would call in. the best part of the job was giving great customer service.
Pros
The work hours
Cons
Had to do several people's jobs due to lack of support.
A lot of work keeps assistant managers on their toes.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work varies depending on the shift your working. For example going in at four in the morning demands to put out to sales floor as much merchandise as possible before store opens. Opening procedure include to count monies and allocate cashier to register. Closing is a bit more demanding it is a fast paced environment. Must be checking the watch in order to conduct all tasks needed before closing the store. My co-workers are great we all seem to get along and help each other when needed. All though not all stores are the same it all depends on the manager in charged. The hardest part of the job is receiving truck, it all depends on the amount of people unloading and the amount of merchandise received for the week. Usually there are 2 to 3 people working on truck. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be the first one to see the new merchandise that arrives to the store.
Pros
If you love to work there is always lots to do.
Cons
Most of the time you"ll have to work while your on break or lunch.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WA 98516January 18, 2017
I was a customer service rep as well as a shelf stocker. As a shelf stocker I would bring boxes out of the stock room and put the product on the shelf. As a customer service rep I helped check out the customers, and helped customers if they had questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7