2,920 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Busy, hardworking envoirnment..
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Central Point, ORMarch 27, 2015
Enjoyed working at Dollar Tree, good for a fast paced, busy environment. enjoyed my co-workers, rules are all laid out and compliance easy to follow
Dollar Tree
Assistant Store Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2015
Cons: doesn't pay well
receive trucks and vendors
run daily operations of the store
train and manage employees
sales reports and audits
keep store clean and organized
Productive work place with friendly employees and management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Freindly coworkers
Cons: Short shifts
Freindly and respectful co workers. Clean and safe work eviroment. Flexible work hours and very nice customers. The organization of supplies provided for a easy work day.
Experience at Dollar Tree
Freight Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Riverbank, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: I knew a lot of the worhers.
Cons: Not enough hour hours.
I felt they needed to give workers more hours. What I learned from this job was that just because they hire you doesn't mean they have to give you a lot of hours. Management was very stressed out. The co-workers was team players. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we would get things done on time. Plus when id get some hours to work.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 26, 2015
As a Assistant Manager we do little bit of everything in the store. My location is one of the busiest locations, As a manager we cash out all registers, deposit large amount of money, at the end of the day. we ensure all merchandise is restock for the next day. we also have to make sure that our work place is a safe environment for our customers.
Great working enviornment with an excellent management staff.
Cashier/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
From the managers to the associates were easy to work with. We created a great system to provide the best customer service to every customer,
Working by yourself
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Working at your own
Cons: Short brakes
A typical day of work was clock in and wait for a customer. If you had no one to help then stock the shelves or blow some balloons and keep the store clean. My manager and co-workers weren't really around unless called that was the hard part figuring everything out alone but it was a job so I enjoyed that.
Pathetic to work for
Freight manager and Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Everything else
This company has so much drama. People working for the company are paid poorly, demanded to do more than what should be done as per how they're paid. Management is very poor. They talk about people behind their backs, don't follow company policy, and try to hide secrets that could have them fired.
Not for the soft hearted
Cashier (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: there is no pros at this job.
Cons: The manager needs to be replaced all the way around
The manager at the Round Rock location is one that will train you a certain way and then raise nine kinds of cane because you do as you are told and them she gets after you for not doing the same task another way that you were never informed of to begin with. Nothing you do seems to be good enough for this manager.
Are we really going backwards (slavery)
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits only if you are fulltime
Cons: If you have a family and in management you will never see your family.
Working for this company for 16 plus years seen the good, bad, and the ugly. I have seen this companies struggles. Down sizing unknown so watchout if you make over $46,000 a year you may loose your job too. They need the money for the merger don't be fooled. They will come up with all the punches. Give the stores hours to run them you want shorter lines and building a brand start showing your employees that they are appreciated no one wants to work 50 to 60 a week trying to get the store back on track because you want to cut hours on Thursday the people already have less hours anyway. If you work during the holidays cut all your Associates down to hire more people then cut the hours so everyone had 10 hours or less. WOW This company does not care for its Employees. Greedy.... Hire external and give them more money. Work ten years with the company your pay doesn't come close
Productive yet easy going work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Matamoras, PAMarch 24, 2015
I assisted customers in whatever they needed, rang them up at the register, received payments, issued receipts, refunds and change. Counted my drawer before and after my shift ensuring amounts were correct. My co workers and managers were very friendly and tried to make the job environment as pleasent as possible.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAMarch 24, 2015
Good place to start working as a teenager. It helps you grow and learn more about good customers services. The managements are also friendly
Poor management and bad hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Delran, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work experience
Cons: poor management and only a ten minute break for 5 hours of work.
This was a pretty bad experience. Granted, I did get work experience as this was pretty much my first job, but I made practically no money due to the lack of hours. My best week had 24 hours of work, only because I picked up an 8 hour shift at another store. The Store Manager was so incompetent at his job that he switched my hours without telling me. I only knew in advance because I ran into the other employee that he switched with me. He called me at 3:00 Monday afternoon when I was supposed to be in at 5:00... That day... My co-workers were nice enough, but my lack of training caused some undue tension in the store.
I enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. I had the chance to meet all type of people.
Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: seeing the children faces when they found an item they didn't know we had.
Cons: not enough hours!!!
A typical day at work at Dollar Tree, was usually busy. I basically Knew my job when I started at Dollar Tree being have previous cashier experience. My co-workers were pleasant and enjoyable. There really was not a hard part of the day; well, times when business was slow. I prefer to stay busy at my work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZMarch 23, 2015
Pros: love working retail
Cons: needed more hours
The best part is that every single item is only one dollar (or less)! Now my personal favorite part working for the store is the interaction with my loyal everyday customers that come in. some of my more difficult parts is when crowds come in and the lines get backed up.Learning how to knock my lines down at a good paste is my most valued skill that I took from this job keep that smile and good customer service.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: tips
i love the time i spend there it was the most fun i ever had it was a very rewarding experience and i love to go back to work with thme if i had the opportunity to do so
Good job but bad management
Stocker (Former Employee), Culver CityMarch 21, 2015
The manger shows too much favoritism and if she doesn't like you she wont give you hours. I worked hard and I only got 4 hours.
Slave job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wyncote, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: doesn't pay enough
As an associate Dollar Tree is just a regular job. Working too hard for too little pay. Very dry environment. Definitely one of those jobs where you have to be there to make your money. Your a cashier and you clean the store thats it. Nothing special at all.
Expect so much from the SMs
Store Manager (Former Employee), South CarolinaMarch 21, 2015
I have been working for this company for over 2 years. As a store manager you work just as hard if not harder than your associates. Never enough payroll so expect to run the register, unload the trucks, stock, and manage all in a days work. Sometimes required to work 6 day work weeks. Unrealistic expectations from company. Good benefits: PTO, decent pay, bonus potential monthly, 401k with company match.
Productive and busy/fun work place
CASHIER/STOCK (Former Employee), brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2015
Each day I would meet new people from all around the world. I would talk to them and learn about their culture. I would help people get to there flight on time. The hardest part was dealing with rude passengers or passengers who don't speak english. The most enjoyable part was learning didfferent languages while passenger waited patiently on line. My co-workers were always nice to me and helped me out with long lines

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries