Dollar Tree Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,725 reviews matching the search
Productive and Professional Work Place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2016
A typical day at Dollar Tree was professional and these were my duties,cashier,stocking merchandise and zoning department,freezer,keep area of work suitable for customer view assist all customers In aprofessional manner and always thanked customer and proceeded to take each customer to aisle where product was at and worked well with each shift manager.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Seeking fulltime work
fun
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 2, 2016
dollartree is a great company to work for my manager and dm are great people. I love the customers that come in, i love see how happy customers are when they get things for a dollar.
Pros
free lunnches
Cons
shorts breaks
poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 2, 2016
management would come in interrupt others working to go talk and smoke and leave work for others. Upper management did not ever come in and check on store, very un organized when time for inventory
Pros
work with you for time off
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 2, 2016
Being a cashier you do jsut more than scanning items and taking money. You learn how to make use of down time, such as straightening shelves up, sweeping floors/rugs stocking shelves or just helping a customer.
1st Assistant Manager/Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 1, 2016
I loved my job, my crew and my old boss. He retired 2 years ago. At first the job was fun, for 9 years or so, then things started to change as companies do when they grow like we were doing. . We fell into those changes pretty well. My review is, its really the people you work with, and the customers that keep you going in this business.
Everyday was different. Depending on what day of week it was.
I learned so much more about retail and merchandising from my old boss of 11 years.
My co workers were great and hard workers.
The hardest part was loosing old manager and getting a new one who wasn't very nice. Also the company put more work on us but lessened the hours of productivity.
The most enjoyable was the crew, merchandising, customers and being creative.
Pros
crew and customers
Cons
more pressure and less time to get it done.
Bad managment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 1, 2016
I have been with Dollar Tree for a few years. I love my job and the people i work with . I have no problems with any of them. The district manager is the problem. For someone that use to be a Store manager knows what it is like pushing out frieght and running the store by yourself with only one person at the cash register but still continues to tell you that you need to pack out atleat 150 cases a day on your shift or clean the whole store with one person at night . It is very hard to clean a store within the 5 hrs that you are schedule for and do go backs and be backup register . The District manager needs to start respecting the management team of these stores and get her head out of her butt .
Pros
not bad for a part time job
Cons
DM needs to have respect for management teams
dollar tree deals was an average job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 1, 2016
a typical work day at dollar tree deals providing customer service managers were respectful same as co-workers I liked being a cashier at dollar tree deals I like helping people
Pros
close by my house
Cons
not enough hours
High Productive Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 1, 2016
Most days would start with a review of the day before consisting of sales, payroll and merchandise flow. Then I would plan the flow of the day with staffing, deliveries, necessary fill of merchandise to the sales floor. The mid part of the day would be spent on ordering and review future staffing needs or schedule adjustments.
Pros
excellent communication flow thru out the company
Cons
limited shift for Part time employee hours
Good work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60643May 1, 2016
The management wasn't the best, but the atmosphere and co-workers were great. It was a close family. I felt comfortable there.
Not the best place to work
Store Associate and stock person (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 30, 2016
Poor management, manager was not organized and did not keep consistent schedules. I did not know from one day to the next when I was working again...
lots of good stuff to buy for only $1
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2016
Dollar tree is a place where each customer is greeted upon entering the doors. And because of that, SMILES begin from that point until the exiting of their purchases. That's a great feeling to know that you have given the best service possible!
Pros
advance opportunity
Cons
need more customer appreciation days throughout the year!
Cool place to work, staff is great
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 28, 2016
A day at dollar tree, many people asking for many things, I learned I would like more out of life, management is great, my co-workers are the best, the hardest part of my job is nothing, the best part part of my job is communicating with the public.
Pros
Everything is a dollar
Cons
low wages
Head Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 28, 2016
A hard job always makes more money in the end. They ask alot of you, but in the end, when you work hard you are compensated. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to store manager in 3 years.
Good retail company to work for
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 28, 2016
Working at Dollar Tree was a fun and easy workplace for me Im good working in retail stores the quicker I moved the sooner I could go home and come back the next day and get back working again.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
10 to 15 minute breaks
love lab work
Assistant Manager, (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IA 50401April 28, 2016
lab was very hard work .but people were very helpful and it made worDay-to-day operations of the store
? Completed payroll on a bi-weekly basis
? Trained all staff on company policies and procedures
king there fun and light
Pros
all
Cons
The best part of the job was the sense of accomplishment at the end of the shift when everything was in order and ready for business again.
Restocker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work is to replenish the merchandise on the shelves after customers have sorted through and/or purchased items. Also cleaning floors, dusting shelves and straightening up displays. I enjoyed being part of a productive team. Management changed frequently which made having a set schedule difficult to rely on. The best part of the job was the sense of accomplishment at the end of the shift when everything was neat and orderly again and ready for a new day of customers.
Cons
No employee discount, not enough hours
Awful place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  bridgeport ct.April 27, 2016
a typical day of work was entering the store to your assigned assignments and not to fulfill someone else job while having to do yours by the end of your shift.
Pros
close to home
Cons
weak management
Great place for teens to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA 30269April 27, 2016
Dollar Tree was my very first retail job. I did learn A LOT about stocking, cleaning, handling testy customers. It really gave me my push for wanting to be in the retail setting. My co-workers were awesome, managers were great too. The only down side to working here is the pay is very minimal, the hours are less than 25 hours a week, there are no benefits unless you give 5+ years of service. Like I said, great place to start at, but not made for permanent status.
Pros
Great working enviornment
Cons
Bad hours and pay
Fun Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WI 53821April 27, 2016
Management is great. They will always find you something to do so you are not just standing around. Customers are great as well. Very friendly environment. Feels like part of a family.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, low wages
Shelfing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MD 20646April 26, 2016
Managers and co-workers have commented on high levels of accuracy and work productivity.
•Takes pride in work and strives to improve work performance.
•All memos, reports, forms and correspondence are completed on time with no errors.