Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 3,831 reviews matching the search
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILFebruary 10, 2016
I was only employed for seasonal but my job experience was interesting. This was my first job and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Re-stock the shelves and organize
Cons
rude customers
Great place to work but low paying job and not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work but low paying job and not enough hours.. I wish the company would not hire so many Part Time people and give more hours to the employee's already working there.. also paid them more than minimum wage
very fun environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 8, 2016
I loved working at dollar tree it was a very fun environment everyday just for it to be work.I loved the customers and the positive energy around me I never actually had a hard part involving my job .The most enjoyable part was being about to make others laugh and put a smile on my customers faces .
Pros
satisfaction of customers
Cons
one assistant manager was very rude and bullied me
Compensation and Overall benefits
Store Manager Certified Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at work is approximately 10-11 hours. During which time, management's focus is to maintain a compelling place to work and shop, customer service, daily, weekly and monthly reporting. In addition, receiving and processing merchandise in a timely manner. Merchandising, operational and office management.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Unorganized
do not work here.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 5, 2016
this job was temporary but they failed to mention that at the hiring process. it was only to get ready for inventory. I stocked shelves and unloaded the semi trucks by myself.
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Everybody was nice, understanding and great to be around. Enjoyed my job greatly there. A typical day would be to sign in, count your draw; While we had some down time from customers we either put inventory up or our go backs back, it pretty much kept you busy at a slow and steady pace and I enjoyed that. Then when the day was over we counted our drawer again and signed out.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2016
easy
learned to take care of customers and deal with money
management was slow and not helpful. Never were in the store and always was smoking
Productive and fun place to work, great enviornment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 4, 2016
They'res always a lot of stuff to do to keep occupied, get along with every one that works there, and I'm always early, either to clock on when they need my help or just to be around them if needed.
Pros
Great people, always work around a schedule
Cons
health care, not good hours, less pay
Stock shift
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I worked the stock shift which was good. Go in at 5 a.m. and get off at 10 a.m. then on Saturday come it to unload the truck. The hours were not that great, only about 20 to 25 if it was not a holiday.
Faster pace environment than some retail stores.
Working at Dollar Tree Is A fun Easy Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 3, 2016
My job was Very easy I always want to learn more than what I do at my job and try to move up and become a manager one day I learned how to do a Big manager job which was scanned every Damaged item with Scanned Gun for my Manager I also did a lot of Stocking.I loved My job and what I do.
love the customers and cashiers
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 3, 2016
I managed cashiers stockers .I learned that each worker I enjoyed .getting things done at the end of the day .Ther was no hard part to the job.I just loved the customers and everybody I worked with.
Pros
great barging
Cons
no insurance to part time
it's ok
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 2, 2016
it's an OK job. pay isn't the best even for management. Lots of sacrifices are expected of you to make but you get so little in return.
Productive, fast pace workplace.
Retail stock re-shop clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery Village, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Productive and friendly environment to work in. Direct customer service and providing helpful hints for directing customers to the right products.A work day can be very demanding depending on the volume of products that have to be re-stocked. As a store cashier you incounter many transactions from customers and their needs. Providing fast quality service makes the customer happy and a high volume in customer return. The greatest part of the job is watching their faces and smiles for great curteous service they received that day.
Cons
Short breaks needs to be longer.15 minutes insteed of ten.
friendly customers
Dollar Tree associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
An average day consists of greeting and assisting customers
and operating the cash register- maintaining correct change
Pros
i enjoy sharing ideas pertaining to products -with customers
Cons
very restrictive environment
Functional Employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2016
Employer was a functional employer. By functional I mean they actually would fit themselves into what worked best for their associates around the daily operations of the company. It was a very structured place to work and very cheerful.
Pros
worked around your schedule, flexible, associates easy to work with.
Cons
benefits, very very short breaks
No life outside of work
ORDER SELECTION DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Lots of hours and poor salary. Culture needs serious overhaul. Massive supply chain issues. Not a great place to work. lots of turnover.
i dod not belive this company. it ehant's me to give then some thing but right rouew i cuoded ot even givethm anyh thing
i was not hierd be any on aththis location. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA.90068January 30, 2016
THEY DIO DOT WHANT ME TO GO UNLESS IG GIVE THe'M SOMETHING THAT I DO BEOLEVE THAT IT IS WRONG FOR THe'M TO HAVE. and any time and that their is another card and their is another thngto do with it is that one end only that
Pros
free lounchece
Cons
short case and caheits it is good to have
Not a good place for full time employment.
Merchandising Manager/ Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 30, 2016
Dollar tree is not a good place for people who are looking for a full time job. The hours are only part time and the hourly rate is minimum.
slow business
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYJanuary 30, 2016
There is no hard part of the job, I learn everything fast, I go to work and when not busy I do stocking and cleaning. My main manger is not very organized, but one of my mangers is completely great. She picks up the slack of all the others. I learn a lot from her. I enjoy working with her because we get the supplies out and store cleaned on top of taking care of our shoppers!
Pros
Still a job while being in school to have some kind of income, Get to see my regular customers
Cons
short breaks, constant hour cuts due to no sales, poor mangment
love the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2016
the store is great but the management was what I thought a good management should be. always short staffed and hard to get help from the manager.