Dollar Tree
3,242 reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

great part time job
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIJune 29, 2015
great part time job and first time job. Cannot make a living off of this job. nice environment and lenient. They expect too much from one employee to run the store, and register and assist customer and clean.
only 5 hr shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
Clock in, count register, stock bags, greet customer, clean around my register, put go backs away, deal with mostly rude customer, take ten minute break, mainly work by myself because there are only 2 cashiers and the other one is cleaning around the store, clock out and go home.
I learned i can't survive working 10-15 hours a week getting paid bi weekly and live in my own.
Management was nice but couldn't help with giving more hours
my co workers were nice
hardest part of the job was working for no money
most enjoyable part of the job was picking up an extra shift because someone called out
was a great job
Asst. Manager Nashville, Tn (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
it was a funny and great job wish i still work for them.pay was fair people were great wish i still work for them very understanding company
It's a typical retail job
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee), Littleton, COJune 29, 2015
Dollar Tree was fun. You did your job and worked gard. Those that didn't got let go. I bonded with people over the work we did. It was fun but not very rewarding. There was low pay and only so far you could move up.
productive
Night Shift Stocker (Current Employee), Dublin, GAJune 28, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
stocking is fast and keeps me busy. I start with getting my float with freight on it and normally do 2-3 in 5 hours. how ever I do not the hours, I need more. I started with around 35-40 a week and we were all cut to 15-20 a week. I also wish the higher management would listen to some of the stockers ideas.
Retail environment with great deals- always on the hunt for a bargain
Store Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for monthly bonuses
Cons: Having to cut hours if the store isn't making projected sales, Attempting to fill the sales floor with little to no help.
Opening and closing procedures, weekly payroll and schedule building. Daily walks to identify opportunities within the store.
I've learned a lot about myself during my time with the company; able to identify my weaknesses and what I can do to improve. I've learned that not everything needs to get done right this second, prioritizing my daily lists.
Great team environment on store level. Challenging my team to go above and beyond the expectation.
Love the customer interaction every day, getting to know everyone. Makes it a personal experience when customers seek you out in the store. Seasonal change over is always exciting!
Hardest part about the job is finding the time to do EVERYTHING in the store and finding a balance between work and home
dollar tree
cashier (Current Employee), fl fort lauderdaleJune 27, 2015
Pros: great prices
Cons: short break
So far i never work so what i want is to learn how to focus on my work. And help people.
I really want to work there cause i like the place.
Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2015
Sometimes work was good and smooth, everyone has their bad days. Working at Dollar Tree was a great experience, but it wasn't worth it after getting used to everything. I was somewhat over worked and made money that i could spend within 5 minutes every 2 weeks.
Productive work place for young teens
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 26, 2015
Teens get together as a youth and work productively and get the missions accomplish with the help of elders and other young teen workers.
hard work
general warehouse associate (Former Employee), washington ridgefeildJune 26, 2015
hard work but kinda fun just make sure you bust your hind or they will find a reason to can you. dont get hurt or they will can you. in fact they may even laugh at you. just saying.
overall a decent company to work for most of the time
Store Manager (Current Employee), Venice, FLJune 26, 2015
I gained good managemet experience working for Dollar Tree and had good advancement opportunities to move up to the store management positions. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time to spend with my family.
Enjoyable laid back work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VAJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed the employees that i had working at the store.Over all I did not have room to grow with the company, Hardest part of the job well there wasnt anything really besides not growing with them.
Shipping and Reciving
Shiping and Resiving (Former Employee), Revere, Ma.June 26, 2015
Cons: no consideration
It was the worse job ever they only use the people to build the store in the inside then a week before opening they fired most of the employees .
Very unorganized starting with the CEO
Operation Manager (Former Employee), bronx nyJune 25, 2015
Pros: working with good people
Cons: no support from human resources
The company don't appreciate there workers. They use your expertise to train other people and don't move you up in rank to be train.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 25, 2015
This was my first job and I enjoyed it. Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. Learned to stack properly and used U-boats.
productive
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Watsonville, CAJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed this job because the lady I worked with taught me how to be able to take care of another person that really needed my help. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending quality time with the patient
Store Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 25, 2015
Little to know payroll for employees. If you want to succeed in your numbers consistently, you have to work a lot of hours with little to know time away from work.
Fun, lively place to work, hoping to go back soon
Associate (Current Employee), Manistee, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: The people, customers, and co-workers
Cons: The inability to move up
I thoroughly enjoy working at Dollar Tree. I am currently laid off from there, but hope to go back in a few months when our remodel is done. I've worked there for 10yrs, and I love the job. I enjoy the employees, and the customers. The best part is the customer base, You get to know your customers on a more intimate level, since it is a small town. I learned people skills, money handling, some management skills, paperwork, computers, and opening and closing of a store.
Awesome Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Herkimer, NYJune 25, 2015
Just started so dont know about a typical day at work yet LOL. I have learned how to run a cash register and stock shelves, fill balloons etc. The managment is reallt nice and down to earth not stuck up at all which is a plus. The coworkers are all down to earth and funny exspecially the girl that trained me on cash.
Awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CaryJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with dollar tree the work was pretty easy. The training for the positions of the job was excellent and had I not chose to be a stay at home mom, I would still be with the commpany.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries