Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 7,998 reviews matching the search
very fun and active place to be
cashier/inventory stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 20, 2017
I loved my time there I had to leave due to the fact that I am a single parent of 3 and at the time minimum wage had not got up. so I wasn't making enough to support my family
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Work is work, but the people make it worth it
General Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 20, 2017
The typical day is what you would expect, unload boxes or help customers. What sets this place above the rest is the management and the work culture. The particular dollar tree I had the privilege of working at was full of great managers and friendly people. There was no workplace drama and the day was expedited by their companionship.
Pros
chill enviornment
Cons
lots of lifting
it was very quick pace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2017
my manager at the time didn't know what she was doing she was always messing up the schedule and having us not get enough hours and she would leave all the time and make us close with us not fully knowing what to do
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad paychecks
gives no insentive to work for them
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 20, 2017
very poor training very poor hours must wait a month to even get the max hours that is 15 hrs and three weeks to get paid for 8 hrs you have to buy uniform and I waited two weeks to get only two days to work that totaled at 8 hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
Corporate doesn't care about their store staff. They continue to cut hours and still expect same work done in less hours and don't care how stressed the employees get. They would rather you quit than care.
Over worked under paid
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garfied hts ohioAugust 20, 2017
This job is not for anyone over the age of 16 it was a waste of time for 30 year old self couldn't even pay my car note with one check so n it for an adult but a perfect summer job
Fun place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Getting to work on time, greeting co-workers and customers. Setting up my work station for production. I learned the aspects of the company rules and regulations. How to be even more professional in a work place. Management was very considered of employees. Working with different cultures gave me a chance to understand others and their life styles. the only thing was getting use to different management every three months and adjusting to their way of managing. The most fun part was getting to know and work with other cultures. Learning new experiences, and having the opportunity to work.
Pros
Good benefits, an health care
Cons
short breaks
Stessful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAAugust 20, 2017
Not a good job always looking over your shoulders. I hated this job. Going to this job is a risk to your health. Good luck if you are one of the brace ones
Cool I guess
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 20, 2017
Dollar tree was not the best job that I have ever had, it could have been so much more better but the management wasn't the best and it just didn't workout for me.
Love to work have a passion to learn new opportunity and accomplishments
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 20, 2017
The most important part of my day is how to learn as I go to be able to learn as much as I can and get better at it it's extremely easy to to learn quick I like to help my employees learn how to be a team stay on task . I have kept myself busy always cleaning I feel like I have team members that will provide any assistance to customer when need and to handle it in a professional manner from any customer that is feeling moody that day or is rude
Pros
Team members
Cons
Customer
under appreciated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCAugust 19, 2017
i feel like and also have seen it that the employees(in management) within the company do not get compensated enough for what they do. they hire people outside of the company to become managers and they get paid in some case almost double then what management that has been with the company for a long time. i don't think they treat their long time dedicated employees fair
Pros
under right people that care and show they are in is a good place to work
Cons
under appreciated
Enjoyable place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIAugust 19, 2017
I would get there in the morning get the area I was working ready and around it cleaned up. As customers come in I would check them out and help them with questions and any other needs that they needed. When I wasn't helping a customer I was keeping myself busy keeping my area clean or putting back the items that needed to go back on the shelves.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 19, 2017
I was glad I worked there to gain experience. I gained alot of stock and cash handling, and customer service experience. I enjoyed working with different people.
Pros
I have nothing to add
Cons
I have nothing to add
Fun at first but nothing lasts forever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MOAugust 19, 2017
Fun place to work at first but after a month in I started noticing a lot of drama and lack of team work with co-workers and Management. Very Stressful, lack of communication from all parties. Unorganized and just overall emotionally exhausting work environment.
Pros
good with helping out with your schedule if needed
Cons
not many hours, pay is not good either
Always busy no slack time
Retail Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28405August 19, 2017
Always meeting new people and learning different aspects of the job. You are kept busy which makes the time go by faster. You get to see new merchandise as it arrives ( which is a great perk of the job)
Productive fast pace and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2017
Fast pace and fun place to work.very busy at times. Great managers and very organized. Good hours to open and close. Very good items to purchase from.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYAugust 19, 2017
I worked at Dollar Tree for approximately 3 months, seasonal position. My duties included cashier, stock and working on the floor. I completed a training program on Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Seasonal
Great organization
Maintenance Technician/Welder (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAAugust 18, 2017
The company has great benefits and great pay. The organization is growing every day. You get out of the company what you put in. Learn new skills every day.
Flexible work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
Good company but hire up management don't look out for employees far as wages an relatonsship new manager in store and she gets things done very hands on ...she help around the store trys to keep it stock up real good keep the store neat.she what we needed cause last manager did nothing but tell people what to do and that wasn't working for us glad Ms.Sjhannob turned it around now we meeting sales an getting more customers..
Pros
Friendly workplace good team members
Cons
Wages are to low
I had a great time working there! Too bad they won't rehire me.
cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
cashier and stocking talk to the customers and assist them in finding their purchases. there were nice people. and I had lots of fun.I wish I could do it again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
The last manager I almost worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7