Dollar Tree
2,337 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Store Associate
Store Associate (Former Employee), Haines City, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: enjoy customer service
Cons: never a set schedule. called in on your day off
Providing excellent customer service. Stocking shelves. Recovery. Keeping store neat, clean and shoppable.
most clerks/managers/ stockers did not like their jobs.
Assistant Store Manager/ Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), dallas, TexasSeptember 15, 2014
no one I know liked working here. at all. bad experience. inconsiderate of home life. low pay no benefits.
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Good hours and once I became management my experience was great.
working at the Dollar Tree
Freight Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 13, 2014
working there was a great experience for me because the managers were really great people. made some good friends
Always busy, but fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, DESeptember 11, 2014
There was never a dull day working here, some days were better than others. I had a great time working here and seeing my regular customers and getting along great with all of my co-workers. Management wasn't always doing the best job but they tried. The hardest part of the job was keeping cool to rude customers, but I got through it with no problem. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find whatever they needed and making them smile. – less
Not the best company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: compensation
Assistant managers duties involve more stocking of merchandise than management. Very little guidance and support. Company does not look out for employees. No feedback or reviews by supervision or upper management unless negative feedback is warranted. One of the hardest parts of the job is complete unreasonable amount of tasks in time frame allotted. – more... HR support horrible at best. – less
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watchung, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: short breaks if we ever got them
A typical day at work I was a cashier made small talk with the customers as I rung up their items.Management was probably the hardest to deal with but the co workers were very friendly. The job was fairly easy. The hardest part was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a fun work environment.
dolllar treee
Cashier (Former Employee), Brockton, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nmmmm
Cons: mmmmmm
i learned so much with the company it thought me how to becamed a better sales asso
Productive fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: rude customers
A typical day at work would be working morning shift.
I was head cashier. If i closed their would be lost of reshop at the end of the day.
Management was good flexible hours. Treat all employee equally.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with shop lifting
enjoyable part time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Monroe, NCSeptember 9, 2014
cashier, stocking shelves,
management was great to work with, very flexible to accommodate personal scheduling,
enjoyed working with customers
If it was a full time job and paid a little bit more maybe i would like to stay
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Bear, DESeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i receive a pay check
Cons: not enough money or hours, lack of benefits
Dollar Tree want you to do to much for little pay, in addition to the pay they only offer part-time which results into maybe 20 hours a week if your lucky. I just want a job that's more stable that has benefits, and an opportunity to advance at the work place.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: buy house appliances
Cons: short breaks, benefits
I was seasonal help. I learned a lot of things about handling money and being organized. The managers and co-workers were nice and helpful everyday. the hardest part of the job were being the only cashier and needing help. The most enjoyable part of the job were talking to the customers about anything.
Very fun workplace.
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: the experience, and environment
Cons: none.
A typical day is very mellow but you have a lot of fun with the customers as well as the employees. Management are always cool and whatever you need they are willing to help.
there was always something new or different each day to learn, the people were warm and friendly to work with and loved their job.
Team Member (Former Employee), bakersfieldSeptember 7, 2014
it was a temporary position i took when i was hired but i loved it there. the time i was there when by too fast. everyone got along and had a good time while we worked to get things done on time and we learned alot of new things. it was to see the store go from what it did to looking so different and knowing i had a part in doing that it made me feel – more... really good about myself and that well all worked together as a team to get it done. – less
Working at dollar tree
Cashier (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 7, 2014
I didnt like working at Dollar tree because i would go in to work then they would ask me to stay until close and during the time i helped but i was still attending school. I wasnt trained properly to answer the phine so when told to answer the phone i was written up because the customer complained about how i answered the phone saying hello.
Retail Experience
Dollar Tree Associate (Former Employee), Oneida, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Working in retail, you get a variety of experiences in how to interact with customers and managing time. I learned how to handle money, work cash registers, and stock inventory.
good for high school teens
Former employee at dollar tree 1 year ago (Former Employee), South Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: no discounts or break room
working here you dont give enough hours and you always get cut the break room is a joke its in the stock room which is hot muggy and you have to go through boxes to get to a seat. your break is ten minutes. you cant call off without giving them a 2 week notice . and you if you do they will fight you to come in.
It taught me a lot about retail business
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 5, 2014
I spent most of my day at the cash register at night I would vacuum the store and return product to its proper area. I learned that items priced at $1 brings many customers and generates a lot of money. Management was very nice and taught me to adapt to a fast paced environment. The co-workers would stay to themselves but were fairly nice. The hardest – more... thing about this job was to quickly check-out the many customers to keep the line from building up. Everything was actually a dollar. – less
Not the best place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee), Washington, PASeptember 4, 2014
Cons: everything
Not so friendly co-workers or customers. Management wasn't pleasant. Not enough pay
I mean... everything's $1!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Union, SCSeptember 4, 2014
You must put new freight out, pay attention to everything around you and be a proficient multi-tasker

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more