3,256 reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

dollar tree
cashier (Current Employee), fl fort lauderdaleJune 27, 2015
Pros: great prices
Cons: short break
So far i never work so what i want is to learn how to focus on my work. And help people.
I really want to work there cause i like the place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2015
Sometimes work was good and smooth, everyone has their bad days. Working at Dollar Tree was a great experience, but it wasn't worth it after getting used to everything. I was somewhat over worked and made money that i could spend within 5 minutes every 2 weeks.
Productive work place for young teens
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 26, 2015
Teens get together as a youth and work productively and get the missions accomplish with the help of elders and other young teen workers.
hard work
general warehouse associate (Former Employee), washington ridgefeildJune 26, 2015
hard work but kinda fun just make sure you bust your hind or they will find a reason to can you. dont get hurt or they will can you. in fact they may even laugh at you. just saying.
overall a decent company to work for most of the time
Store Manager (Current Employee), Venice, FLJune 26, 2015
I gained good managemet experience working for Dollar Tree and had good advancement opportunities to move up to the store management positions. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time to spend with my family.
Enjoyable laid back work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VAJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed the employees that i had working at the store.Over all I did not have room to grow with the company, Hardest part of the job well there wasnt anything really besides not growing with them.
Shipping and Reciving
Shiping and Resiving (Former Employee), Revere, Ma.June 26, 2015
Cons: no consideration
It was the worse job ever they only use the people to build the store in the inside then a week before opening they fired most of the employees .
Very unorganized starting with the CEO
Operation Manager (Former Employee), bronx nyJune 25, 2015
Pros: working with good people
Cons: no support from human resources
The company don't appreciate there workers. They use your expertise to train other people and don't move you up in rank to be train.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 25, 2015
This was my first job and I enjoyed it. Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. Learned to stack properly and used U-boats.
productive
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Watsonville, CAJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed this job because the lady I worked with taught me how to be able to take care of another person that really needed my help. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending quality time with the patient
Store Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 25, 2015
Little to know payroll for employees. If you want to succeed in your numbers consistently, you have to work a lot of hours with little to know time away from work.
Fun, lively place to work, hoping to go back soon
Associate (Current Employee), Manistee, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: The people, customers, and co-workers
Cons: The inability to move up
I thoroughly enjoy working at Dollar Tree. I am currently laid off from there, but hope to go back in a few months when our remodel is done. I've worked there for 10yrs, and I love the job. I enjoy the employees, and the customers. The best part is the customer base, You get to know your customers on a more intimate level, since it is a small town. I learned people skills, money handling, some management skills, paperwork, computers, and opening and closing of a store.
Awesome Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Herkimer, NYJune 25, 2015
Just started so dont know about a typical day at work yet LOL. I have learned how to run a cash register and stock shelves, fill balloons etc. The managment is reallt nice and down to earth not stuck up at all which is a plus. The coworkers are all down to earth and funny exspecially the girl that trained me on cash.
Awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CaryJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with dollar tree the work was pretty easy. The training for the positions of the job was excellent and had I not chose to be a stay at home mom, I would still be with the commpany.
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago ILJune 24, 2015
a typical day was like based on the people and enviornment we were staffedin so if it was an afternoon then of course it was busy . id work there again .
Relaxed, laid back work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment
Cons: Long hours, short breaks
As a cashier at Dollar Tree, I spent a good amount of time handling money at the cash register. I learned to be quick, efficient, but also careful with money and ringing products up. What time I didn't spend at the register, I was stocking retail on the shelves, cleaning both inside and outside of the store, making sure that we were presentable for future customers. The management at Dollar Tree was very straight forward, and the co-workers were assertive and ready to get tasks done. The hardest part of this job was long hours on my feet with little to no breaks in between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was stocking new merchandise and attending to customers who had questions or concerns.
Horrid place to work unless you need some cash on the side
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-worker
Cons: Short break, no healthcare
For a typical day at work, I do not get the respect that I deserve. There is someone that continues to try to get myself fired over little things. I have learned that it is a dog eat dog world and you have to learn to defend for yourself. On the other hand, some of the co-workers are wonderful to work with, nice and understanding. The hardest part of the job is when family emergencies arise and I need a day off but they refuse and tell me that it's my job or my families health.
checking people out at the checkout desk...
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIJune 24, 2015
Pros: breaks would only be ten mins
Cons: longer break sometimes depends who working...
I would do this work everyday..
Monday thru Fri sometimes i would work weekends
They are very nice and kind and they are very easy to get lone with.
AS LONG AS U HAVE REPECT THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE IT BACK TO U.
THE TRAING IS VERY EASY TO LEARN HOW TO DO THE JOB AND MAKE SURE U ARE DOING IT CORRECTLY....
Cahsier (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 23, 2015
Dollar Tree was okay, I only worked there for like a month . The management was a little unsatisfying but it was a job and paid me good money and good hours.
Great part time job
Merchandiser/Stocker (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 23, 2015
responsible for making sure orders were correct, restaurant was kept clean and customers were satisfied. It was a great part time job.

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries