Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 7,071 reviews matching the search
Lovely customer great environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 25, 2017
Working for his company was a great experience.. I have gained even more customer and communication skills. Being in this environment brought on a class of people id like to learn more from.. Thank you for the consideration for this job.
Pros
Shop and work
Cons
Short breaks
Management was the worse
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 25, 2017
The company overall is great. BUT at the store level it was not.
My typical day would be to come in and count my register. Get things written down that need to be accomplished, assign chores to other cashiers.

I love working with the public and know how to handle disagreeable customers and co workers. Love working with the public. I am very good at this kind of job
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no health care, no a/c for 7 yrs in the store, management has favorites
Great starter job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2017
Dollar Tree is a great starter job or secondary job but for anyone who wants to grow career wise, please do not consider. Managers put who they want to work with them on their shift and leave assistants to fend for themselves and have to deal with the childish teenagers they themselves hired. There are no benefits offered and managers show favoritism. Try to fix the culture or question upper management and you will be frowned upon and fired.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No benefits, Untrained managment
Ok
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
Nothing real good about it yet nothing real bad about them. Was a seasonal job so i was only there for a short time but I did learn so skill as to how to cycle products properly by dates and reading bar codes
long hours busy and stressful
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2017
it can be stressful and busy. there are days it gets rough when hours get cut and then you don't have the staff you need when it gets busy. long hours with no over time.
Rude manager
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 24, 2017
My experience at Dollar Tree was horrible. The manager never scheduled my hours right and always scheduled me for the mornings when I had school. The other Cashiers were nice just never did their job.
Dont get the early morning shift
Stocker (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 24, 2017
This is a great job to have. I just found it hard to be there at 5am, I have no car at the moment but fun job.I wasnt here long so dont know much but I learned alot. You must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand on your feet for 5 hrs
Cons
Short breaks
good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 24, 2017
dollar tree is a good place to work. you meet all different types of people. you are constantly working at a steady pace. the hrs are good. the pay is good also.
Pros
good hours
Cons
rude people
Stayed Way Too Long
ASM (Former Employee) –  CAMay 24, 2017
Corporate does not care about the employees nor the condition of the facility.

Dollar Tree wishes to push sales but does not provide the required product to accomplish their set goals.
Low Money for a Lot of Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 24, 2017
managers only make a dollar more than cashiers, cashiers are expected to clean the store, stock the shelves, help customers, sell the item of the month and the day, AND work the cash register all at the same time, because they are too cheap too hire employees, yet if you're lucky you get a 3 hour shift three days a week.
Pros
Money
Cons
Customers threatening to beat you up, managers do not care about your well being and safety
fast paced and busy
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 24, 2017
Typical day for cashier is stocking front end, while ringing customers , answering phone calls, blowing up balloons, cleaning vacuuming , returning items to their correct spot in store .multitasking is a must .
Best part of job is getting to know repeat customers it becomes a little family of its own .

Management side, assisting customers , keeping store clean, stocking shelves, paperwork done, vendors checked in , making sure the rotating floor plans are set, cashiering, open and closing store.

Hardest part is dealing with impatient customers ,they can become verbally abusive and threaten your job if you do not comply .

organization, multitasking, patients,
Pros
everything is a dollar
Cons
minimal staffing
Productive workplace
Order (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, WAMay 24, 2017
Dollar Tree Distribution is a workplace that encourages productivity. The hours are long but can be rewarding when you see your work go to good for the stores.
Stressful, Getting worst by the day.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 24, 2017
I would highly recommend anyone to NOT work there, The environment seems like a good place , but behind the scenes its one of the most unstructured places i have ever been.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Yelled at for everything, No help for nothing
Dollar tree
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Great place to work, great people that I worked with. The hours were great and I loved the challenge of managing a crew of individuals. We always worked great together and never had a problem with anyone of them
Pros
Great subordinates
Cons
Non to mention
upper managemant
cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAMay 24, 2017
the store managers were great it was corporate that had ridiculous ideas and forced everyone to abide by them. it could be a great store if upper management was gone
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
Dollar tree is about customer service. Also what ive learn from working here is how to be polite with others sine theres diffrent type of people........
Growing company
Construction Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 24, 2017
I've been with Dollar Tree for 4 years and I love working here. The company has recently acquired Family Dollar which has opened the door for many opportunities within both banners.
Lead Cashier
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 24, 2017
Great job, great people, very peaceful place to work. I learned alot from this company.They take care of their employees and work with you as a boss. Regional manager was not professional though but you always have a bad seed in the bunch
Not bad, but could've been much better.
Cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 24, 2017
The job itself was good for someone like me in college during a summer break who needed to make some extra money, but from an overall standpoint, the job wasn't much of anything to be self sufficient with. There was quite a bit of disorganization when it came to impromptu scheduling if changes were made, and the staff was very much underwhelming which came to be a gripe whenever the store was busy. The environment wasn't bad, but other than that, the job left much to be desired.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMay 24, 2017
Very fun place to work. Quick pace at times. Great for starters or graduates. I would recommend this job to anyone. Its the easiest job i have ever worked.
Pros
Everybody loves Dollar Tree
Cons
Standing all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7