Dollar Tree
3,020 reviews

Dollar Tree United States Employee Reviews

Good part time job.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYApril 10, 2015
Don't get many hours but the people are really friendly. Get to interact with customers. Short shifts such as four or six hours.
Great Place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very flexible with Schedule
Cons: Short breaks
Very friendly staff member. Always work as a team. Got to meet lots of people. Who enjoyed coming in to the store on a regular.
Productive and always something to do.
Dollar Tree Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Short breaks
It is a busy day. Especially when opening up the store. I have learned how to operate my register and count my till on a daily basis. Management is works pretty well with associates and makes sure that they are doing their job.
Great job stocking is fun
Cashier/Customer Service, sales associate, Stocker (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great team workers an management, Loved stocking, First look at new product
Cons: not many great benefits part time employees, sometimes it was tough the hours ge cut in winter time
I would start my job at 7 am and work 5 hour shifts it was perfect as a young mother to a new baby boy. I learned how to stock shelves in fast environment ahd awesome managers an co workers for the most part seen a lot of people come an go over the 4 year period but I wouldn't change any of it. My mangers seen mee grow from a first tie mother to pregnant with my second they loved my job skills and asked me to be manager on several occasions. I sometimes look back and wish I took the offer but I also wanted a career in medical field an was doin g online courses an it would have been a lot I feel. On days we unloaded the truck those days were tough I did not like unloading the truck most times I got out of it an just would stock the main items needing to go right out but I had days where I ahd no choice an just did my job an mad it through the day. loved my job at the dollar tree an would of went back if they would of kept my pay rate the same.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianola, MSApril 9, 2015
a day at work was ok. the management was ok. my coworkers were ok . the hardest part was the management. the most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people.
productive
stocking clerk (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice Work Team Nice customers
Cons: Short Brakes Rude customers
A day at Deals, Is well was very productive. I had to fixs the shelves make sure everything was in order and get things from the stock room for people. While sometimes I would blow up balloons for people-While I fixed the allies their was time I would have to go back and fixs them.. It would be me and another person we would each get 3 sections to do and once we were done with that, We would put back stuff that the customers left in the cart. We called that returns.
My coworkers were awesome! we always got a long and helped each other out. Management was Ok sometimes they messed things up then other day it would be calm and peaceful.The hardest part of working in deals was the customers you never knew if they were friendly or rude- Their was times i got nothing but rude people and i had to take a deep breath in and be professional.
Friendly and attentive co-workers and supervisor.
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Close to where I was residing.
Cons: Not enough hours.
Dollar Tree was a good place to work. Perfect for those looking for part-time retail positions. A typical day included greeting customers and assisting them with locating store products, keeping work area neat and clean, promoting specialty products, and operating computerized check-out system.
The work environment wasn't all that good
Cashier (Former Employee), Margate, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: Some what clean environment
Cons: Bad management
The work environment wasn't all that good, you had the manager yelling at the employees, and calling them names, the manager and assistant manager wouldn't work with other employees if they needed to work around their schedule.
Exciting and interesting work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Hanover,MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: - Helping Others -
Cons: N/A
- A typical work day would usually be busy weekdays and holidays.
- At the Dollar Tree I learned how to operate a cashier and a chance to work on my customer service skills.
- Management and co-workers wasn't to intense on me, they always kept me looking forward towards the next step.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping the customers with they're every need.
Dollar tree was great stepping stone for my first job.
Stocker (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAApril 7, 2015
Dollar tree was the first company to hire me as a stock worker. The hours were well and the training was excellent. I worked part time beginning of September, my managers and co-workers were fun to work with and they were fair.
Positive work place great team work
CASHIER (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 7, 2015
I love working for dollar tree. The respect their employees, they treat you fairly, they work with you on your work schedule. Its a fun and great company to work for.
Productive and a great learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CAApril 7, 2015
Working at Dollar Tree I was able to interact with customers on a daily basis. If there were any projects that needed to be done that consisted of decorating or re-organizing they were handed to me. I usually worked on the register or participated in cleaning up the store and making sure items made it back to their proper homes.
It's okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Hudson, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Learn how to cashier, stock, and fill balloons
Cons: No set schedule and your hours always vary (i.e. you could be scheduled for 20 hours one week, 40 the next, then 15 the third week)
I moved out of state and had to find something to do. I love the store I work at and the people I work with. You may get hired as a cashier, but you end up learning more than just your job. Which actually works out in the long run!
Review of Dollar Tree
Associate (Current Employee), OKApril 7, 2015
* A typical day at work starts out with what I am scheduled. When cashier and no customers in line to check out, I would constantly find things to do until my relief appears. When part of the stock crew, I would start out by looking in the aisles to see what needs to be done by making my own list. When scheduled recovery, I would grab what items don't belong in that particular aisle, separate the items, and put it back with the others.
* What I've learned was to find new ways to do things to make things run smoother and faster. Also learned that by greeting the customer on entry, they tend to return more often, slows down thievery, and makes the customer more welcomed to shop.
* The Managers that I work with are friendly, and help guide the new employees with any questions or suggestions. There is always one or two managers available in the store.
* Some of the co-workers are fairly decent when first starting out. Generally progress as their experience grows more and become familiar with the store. Sometimes they ask me for advice when needed.
* The hardest part of the job is to try to make yourself better at what you're doing. It's not an easy task try to do more than you usually do.
* The most enjoyable part at the job is when everyone is in a good mood and crack jokes while working.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYApril 7, 2015
take care customers on all they needs,make sure they find everything they was looking for.thanks them for shooping at are store.
Poor Management
Cashier (Current Employee), Commerce, TXApril 7, 2015
Typical day is I count my register and the bank when opening in the mornings. I learned to be able to handle more than one task at hand with efficiency. Management not the best and I don't get enough hours due to the managers decision. Work isn't hard just tedious.
A fast, helpful, and busy work enviroment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 6, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, greedy customers
Everyday at work I would assist customers, work the cash register, clean the bathroom, fill the pop machines, stock products, and help out the managers. I have learned how to multitask, communicate better with people, and also know when someone needs assistance. My managers were very helpful, kind, and grew on me very quick. The hardest part of the job was trying to stock and work the cash register, but I learned how to maneuver them together in know time. My managers were the best part of the job because they were very encouraging while I also went to school.
good for a first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Versailles, PAApril 6, 2015
Pay is at minimum wage. Very boring job, and doesn't consist of much work. Manager was great and very positive. If your looking for something simple this is a great job for you!
It was a great place to work, but not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: only a 10 minute break, favortism shown
during a typical day we cleaned, organized, and stocked the store. Greeted customers with a great attitude. My co-workers were all driven and loved the job. The hardest part of my job was deal with managers that show favoritism towards people. The most enjoyable part was having my regular customers that I really enjoyed.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Forestville, MDApril 6, 2015
I no longer work at Dollar tree. It was fun working there and might go back after a while. my co workers and supervisior were wonderful to work with the two years that i was employed there.

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more

Dollar Tree Salaries