Dollar Tree
2,734 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Busy Day checking out customers and resocking shelves
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJanuary 18, 2015
Dollar Tree is great first job to get the experience of working at the register the first time and work at a fast pace. I was pretty much working on the spot and if I needed help, my supervisor did not have a problem helping. I learned how to adapt to it very quickly. I helped my supervisor close the store and manage the money for deposit. Whenever I had free time, I took advantage of the time and restock my register and shelves. I provided excellent customer service to the customers and did my best to help them find what he or she needed.
Growing Company
District Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: not being to reach everyone.
Cons: developing people
Day to day operations of 17 stores. Conducting stores visits daily to ensure all company merchandising plans have been implemented. Providing positive coaching and development of the stores management staff. Review and ensure all asset protection procedures and policies are in place and being adhered to. Analyzing sales data and recognizing opportunities to grow the business, develop action plan utilizing that store's management Team.
Promoted 14 internal Assistant Managers to Store Managers over the last 3 years by developing through coaching, training, teaching. Enjoyed being able to assist in realizing an associates career goals and taking part n their success.
calm
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: short breaks
calm day until customers realize store was opened. was always messy when i worked bu\because employees were lazy. i learned the more you keep to yourself at work the less distracted you may get
MANAGEMENT
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: extra hours (when available)
Cons: not enough hours
I WORKED AT DOLLAR TREE FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, AND MY EXPERIENCE THERE WAS PRODUCTIVE. MY CO-WORKERS WERE FRIENDLY, AND MANAGEMENT WASN'T THAT BAD EITHER. MY PRIMARY POSITION WAS UNLOADING TRUCKS AND STOCKING SHELVES. I PERFORMED MY JOB DUTIES WELL. OVERALL, MY EXPERIENCE WITH DOLLAR TREE, WAS OKAY.
Management at this store is great
customer service (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 17, 2015
Hired me for the holidays and kept me on longer. we talked about advancing but I ended up moving out of state.
Unorganized and lack of employee team work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and breaks
Cons: employee call-offs
I loved the management part of my job.
The other employees weren't very helpful as far as stocking and cleaning.
Drug testing at this workplace needs to be considered.
Productive and fast pace employer
Cashier (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Assisted customer in locating merchandise
Handled with cash register
Handled with cash/card payments
Re-stocked merchandise on sales floor
Low pay, but great co-workers and flexible management.
Cashier (Current Employee), Burke, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good management; high flexibility
Cons: short breaks, low pay, hard/a lot of work
The actual stores are great and the employees tend to be nice. The management is very good at working with various schedules. Unfortunately the pay is low (minimum wage), especially with the amount of work that is actually required from employees. However, this is not something set by individual stores, but by the corporate HQ.
Ever-changing environment
Retail/Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 16, 2015
This place is okay to work in. Customer service is good, although lines can be long at the cash register
a great work place
freight crew (Former Employee), chehalis waJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the place I worked with and at. everyday was different yet the same
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Team work is a must at Dollar Tree! I've learned a lot from DSD work to management and deposit work. It takes a lot of organization skills and agenda planning for a successful day at work. What makes it so enjoyable is to see the store all put together at the end of the day and all customers leaving with smiling faces.
Relaxing atmosphere with good peole
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Attalla, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: half off items, relaxing, good management
Cons: not enough hours, short breaks, no benefits
Great place to work, especially if you like slow days, and guests with time. I wish they offered benefits to employees, as well as longer breaks.
its construction
Cashier Stocker (Current Employee), Papillion, NEJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: heavy work
there is only one step up to supervisor journeyman other wise the company isin"t that bad every one that worked there was really nice.
ok company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), NJJanuary 15, 2015
not a job that i would make a career of.people that i have worked with were nice to work with.There is advancement in the company. But there is alot of Bad managing too.
Cool job
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: christmas toy drive
Cons: short breaks
Daily tasks would be to scan customers items, be friendly, and get customers out in a timely fashion. Management was sure to keep you informed of your performance and co-workers helped make this job fun and exciting.
Productive Day of Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Excellent Place of Work, not good benefits. I have been employed with Dollar Tree for a year now, for a actual first time part time job, it has been a pretty good experience.
Chill job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Everett, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: simple job
Cons: low pay
I did the same task from day to day. The most enjoyable part was helping customers. The hardest part was sorting the inventory. I learned how to work faster.
Dollar Tree
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: working in team environment
Cons: short breaks and rude customers sometimes
At Dollar Tree, the job requires a lot of hard work daily. Dollar Tree is busy during the holidays and weekend. Co workers and supervisors are easy to work with. Customers are very friendly and easy to talk with.
Dollar Tree is a pretty decent place to work, but not reccomended
Order Selector (Former Employee), Ridgefield, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, four ten hour days.
Cons: awful management
A typical day at work consisted of coming in and doing daily stretches then finding out what you're to do from a manager. Two breaks of 15 minutes with a half hour lunch in between. Occasional meetings extended lunch. I learned what a typical warehouse environment is like. Management were pretty cool people but not very good bosses. They made no sense when it came to things important/business decisions/lying. My co-workers were all pretty great to work with besides the exceptional few. No one was really happy to work there but they were still friendly. Hardest part would have probably been working with the management when an everyday task was completed. Most enjoyable was working in inbound shipping.
easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), hermiatge paJanuary 13, 2015
stocking shelves, and ringing register the hardest part was being there at 5am some times

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more