Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 5,622 reviews matching the search
Productive Fun Workplace
Part Time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 22, 2016
I loved working at Dollar tree it was a great environment and awesome learning experience. I enjoyed all my co-workers. I did cashiering and stocking all day
Working for Dollar tree
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 22, 2016
I didn't like working at Dollar Tree the pay wasn't good and hours suck. The people was nice and the work was easy. I unloaded the truck and restocked merchandise.
Positive workplace and very productive.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. Co-workers and manager's were very chill. Awesome work environment. You encounter with many different people which sometimes can cause a problem, but other then that I enjoyed my time at my location.
Assistant Manager / Freight Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2016
Day goes by fast because there is always work tot be done. Whether its cashier, putting freight out, cleaning up the store, recovering product and doing reshops. There is definitely always something to keep you busy.
Great work place!
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 21, 2016
I love working there, just started and feel very comfortable going on work. Everyone is,very nice. There are not feel any disrespect towards anyone. Thank you.
Fun, family oriented company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MONovember 21, 2016
Brand new store set up, stocking shelves, pricing products, unloading stock to store, cashier training. Money handling, answering phones, customer service with location of items.
Worked here off and on due to pregnancy.
Pros
Everyday was something different, customer envolvement
Cons
Low pay, getting hours was hard.
Dollar Tree is a great place to work and shop.
Caisher/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2016
Dollar Tree is my first job and it is perfect! You learn all the basic job skills. Communication, Teamwork, Money Skills. My work peers are great to work with. There's never a dull day at work. There's always something for you to do, a new project to work on, and helping customers.
Sometimes the customers can make you mad, (like when they don't put back carts or baskets) however they mostly make me happy. Hearing about their day or why they are buying certain items.
Pros
Lots to do.
Cons
Short breaks
Keep on moving.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WANovember 21, 2016
Great people came in and out, employees and managers doing their job, keeping our area clean, keeping the store clean so people can find what they are looking for.
Decent place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
They pay good , but the money isn't worth the stress . The holiday time stinks . There want from a manager is too much and they expect so much in so little time
Pros
Pay
Cons
You have to scheduled your self to work 50 hours, never get to take a break christmas is 6 days 60 hours., Too much stress, to many phone calls, no enough district support.
Fun professional job ,
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2016
Starting the day you would pick your pallet jack for the day , as well you would grab your barcodes for the product while driving the pallets down the eles of the wear house stocking the pallets with the designated inventory I learned how to use and atomic system headset co workers were fun and curtious , hardest part was staying on task most enjoyable part was driving the pallet jacks
Pros
Free lunches, hr lunches
Cons
Hard to hear on head set
This company is very fast paced and keeps you moving. Always on the go and so much to do with little help and time management isn't the best.
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLNovember 20, 2016
I've worked for Dollar Tree for six years now. I started with the company while they were actually setting up the store. I got hired as a cashier now full time manager. Very demanding. Have to be always on the go. Very little time for an actual life since it's never a set schedule. I enjoyed it up until now. Looking for something more rewarding.
Pros
Fast paced environment.
Cons
Short breaks, non rewarding.
Good compnay to work for
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJNovember 20, 2016
Each day was different. As a manager I was constantly stocking out, helping cashiers and customers, and occasionally was a back up cashier. I learned a lot of problem solving skills as well as customer service skills. My coworkers were a good assortment of people. They all had their own skills in the store. However, the store manager was the reason I left Dollar Tree. The atmosphere of the store became very hostile and I chose to leave because of the store manager.
Pros
great coworkers, great customers
Cons
short breaks, constantly called off from break, terribly run by the store manager.
Fun and exciting work evironment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MONovember 20, 2016
A typical day at Dollar Tree was fun, the customers were great, the managers made the time spent at work worth showing up to. I learned a lot more about money and giving customer's change back.
Pros
Fun, Learned about money
Cons
pay
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 20, 2016
great place to work. management was good, i learned how to operate a cash register. co-workers were all nice. a typical day at work would be to clock in, get your till,stock/organize the front of the store and keep your register clean.
Fast-paced, multi-faceted, people-oriented atmosphere with new merchandise weekly
Cashier/Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVNovember 19, 2016
Never a dull moment...enjoyed all co-workers and manager, we laughed and had fun but we worked hard. Being on my feet constantly was the hardest part of the job. Enjoyed working with the public and sharing all the new products received in store. Especially enjoyed working with money - cashiering and daily deposits. Restocking what people left behind was a difficult task to keep up with.
Pros
Seeing everything 1st as it came in on truck weekly
Cons
Standing and being on concrete floor constantly...not able to sit down even on break
Productive work
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed helping the customers with questions that they had. The work with lifting the products and stocking them on the shelves was not as bad as i thought it would be.
Good entry job, not good to stay with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVNovember 18, 2016
I worked as Dollar Tree Cashier after the store converted from a Family Dollar. The District Manager was rude and would get in employees faces. Corporate never did anything to stop it. After the Store Manager was fired, most of the employees quit. Only 3 employees stayed including myself. The remaining manager that stayed trained me for the managment position because i was the number one employee. I never recieved the promotion. Corporate replaced all manager that quit with brand new employees. Dollar Tree is sopposed to be a company that helps an employee move into a higher position. This is untrue, as neither me or the remaining manager were promoted even though we literally ran the store by ourselves for 2 months. Everyday became agonizing trying to put product on shelves before the weekly truck would arrive with more. There was never time to clean the store or recover shelves. Breaks and lunches were required and were actually preventing things from getting done. When the store did run properly, the job was enjoyable. I wasn't worried about getting things done as fast as possible.
Pros
enjoyable when ran properly, holiday pay.
Cons
Poor Mangement, yearly 50 cent raise is a lie, became agonizing
Liked my coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 18, 2016
Needs better management, and doesn't pay you for the work you do. Coworkers and costomers are great.everthing is just a dollar, but there's a reason.
Pros
Coworkers
Good managers and co-workers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IANovember 18, 2016
Everyday at work all the co-workers got along. We all made jobs easier by helping each other throughout are shifts. I learned how to communicate with customers. The hardest part of my day was when we got busy.
Great place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 18, 2016
Good place to work, good people, some policies I would change, maybe that's why there's such a huge turnover rate, some managers don't get trained properly.