Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 8,283 reviews matching the search
difficult working enviornment
Regional Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, New Jersey, PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2017
Hard work environment, lacked appreciation for hourly associates. Poor training practices. stores are dirty and disorganized. Money is not properly invested at store level.
store with alot of drama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poulsbo, WA 98370September 13, 2017
there was always gossip, the work process was fine but the managers talked bad about alot of the other employees, they however run a good store and are very helpful to customers
Supportive coworkers with poor structure
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Overall, the coworkers at Dollar Tree lean on each other well. However, there is poor organization and communication from the top down. There are also unsafe working conditions, such as the stock room, which contains no shelving or other form of organization; boxes are stacked on top of one another like a mountain, rather than an organized stock room. The place is filthy overall, with there being large amounts of dust on the shelves and products; additionally, products commonly leak or are coming open because of poor packaging. The carpet is covered in stains and old bubble gum; the bathrooms are also run-down, with stained walls and doors (along with other noticeable vandalism).

Lastly, the training is rushed and poor (if completed); there is little explanation given of the duties to be performed. Also, employee paperwork is rarely filed on time, and employees (at least in my case) never receive a handbook.
Pros
coworkers are sympathetic to the working conditions
Cons
Poorly managed from the top down, unsafe work conditions, unpredictable hours, little to no compensation, poor training
was a good place easy transfer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wise, VASeptember 13, 2017
it was a great place to work PT for someone that needs just a little extra cash but I would not work there if that was my only income the pay not enough. was very easy to transfer from one store to another and managemt was very help full.
Best job ive had
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Loved it, i had a great management team and an awesome store manager! I would definitely work at dollar tree again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Paid breaks
Great work experince
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at dollar tree. It was always busy and made the day go by quick. The managers and employees were amazing to work beside. The work was very easy and fun to be of service to people.
Pros
we got two breaks.
Cons
It gets very busy during the holidays.
productive work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, NYSeptember 13, 2017
greet customers and assist them in finding merchandise
create appealing visual displays of products being sold
upsell products to meet sales target utilizing referral base and strong relationships
arrange products or merchandise to their respective areas
replenish stock and clean work area
Overall Good Work Environment
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 13, 2017
CAN BE STRESSFUL AT TIMES
The facility was not built to process the volume that is expected to. Upper Management do not have a firm understanding of the processes. Very generous benefits package. Huge Emphasis on productivity and volume. Upper Management can be demeaning at times.
Pros
Benefits, Lunches
Cons
Upper Management, Building itself, pay
Good atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Dollar Tree. My manager was not hard on the employees. He was easy to get along with and willing to help the employees. Enjoyed working with the other employees and dealing with customers.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DuQuoin, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Love the job and associates. Get along very well with manager. Manager is a very good leader. Customers are very nice. I enjoy shopping and working there.

Want to know more about Dollar Tree?

Ask a question
Wearhouse nightmare
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 12, 2017
Working in the distribution center was hectic to say the least. They send you boxes from a conveyor belt and I was to load the trucks. If that was all I would have been fine, but they ended up having me run between three trucks on my own. I simply couldn't keep up the pace. The manager I had did what he could, I saw sympathy in him. But he also had a job to do, I never felt that I was ever under attack.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Stress
boring low paying job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2017
HORRIBLE job low paying and never a set schedule or time. only work here if you need a little money coming in but do not let this be your main job! Horrible job!
productive
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92395September 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job was to keep everything clean. I enjoyed helping others customers when they need help. It fun working there and helping others
Fast Paste and High Energy
Full-Time Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
Fast paste work environment with few rewards. The work involved to sustain the store does not match the amount of workers or hours to do so. Hours are constantly cut and you are expected to do twice the amount of work for not enough pay.
Pros
Paid sick leave
Cons
N/a
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 12, 2017
For a part time job, this is great to work at. Everyone is friendly, even most of the customers. The job is easy to do, and I even had fun. The day goes by much faster when you can enjoy it by speaking with friendly people.
Co workers nise to work with.
Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2017
It's a fun place to work at. You can move up quickly if you want management. The hardest job there would be unloading the truck at expected time. The hours are good to.
Pros
Move up quickly
Cons
Not enough help
Your store is only as good as the management. Mine stinks.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 11, 2017
Employee since 2012. The store needs a stronger store manager. Daily company procedures are never followed. DM never checks to see if policies are adhered to.
Pros
Have worked in same store where policies were enforced. GREAT SM
Cons
Store conditions are disgusting, dirty all the time, never enough help in the evening
fast pace
Stocker/cashier (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYSeptember 11, 2017
You have to be able to multi-task and work at a fast pace. While on register you have to keep your area clean and the front end stocked, put away items that the customers didn't want and cash customers out.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Im such a people person.working retail and offer my customer service skills,make the job rewarding. While providing a safe and efficient place for the shoppers.
chill fun enviorment with great people
Sales Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Working at dollar tree was temporary for me but in those 3 months of working there i learned more, met new cool people and gained more work skills in customer assisting, stocking merchandise, organizing shelves front facing making sure it looked full and well organized, and cleaning store when needed.
Pros
gained job skills and new friends.
Cons
nothing bad about this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7