Dollar Tree

3.4K reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 14, 2015
You needed to be fast at work and productive. management didn't help any or do anything. my co-workers were all friends of mine.
Awsome work
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee), Anderson, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: got to learn new stuff
Cons: none
I loved working for dollar tree, and setting up the store the manager and owner were very cool and nice my faviorte part was the owner he was a chill dude.
perductive
Sales Associate/Freight (Former Employee), 11547 SE Burnside StJuly 13, 2015
from fraght to cashiering an added cleaning that comes with most jobs making sure the shaves are stocked ,clean , an presentable an ready to greet the first customer who walks thrue the door with a wide smile on my face you got to know what people want an where they can find it . I learned that with this compony you have to ready for anything to a mad customer to 100ct bloons for a party for a customer who didn't prearrange . the co-workers very got to be open minded, the management is set in there ways but other wise is workable.
Associate
Freight Manager (Current Employee), chicago, ilJuly 13, 2015
Good place to work where you can move up quickly. Although you get paid by- weekly the co - workers are great and the customers are fun and playful as well.
A Typical Day At Workock items as well
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 421 Northland AveJuly 13, 2015
I clock in,and i am on the floor as cashier,as well as unloading an scanning items into inventory,an stock items on the shelf
Productive, fast paced work place. fun to work here
Associate (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAJuly 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks, minimal hours, hard work and low pay
Talking to customers, teasing coworkers and staying busy stocking shelves and running the register is what I did on a typical work day. I learned how to be creative in stocking the shelves to fit new merchandise as well as how to handle a stressful job. My manager was high energy and a perfectionist. Pleasing her was difficult at best but I was able to earn her respect and get along well with her. My coworkers were usually pleasant to work with and I got along well with all of them. The most enjoyable part of my work day was talking to the customers. I loved to connect with them at the register and help them find items in the store. I worked hard to please the customers with quick and thorough customer service.
nice place to work
Manager of the Tempe Location (Former Employee), Tempe AzJuly 12, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: could pay more
Over all a great place to work, would tell anyone this would be a good place to work and play...full time is 8 hours a day, good training, co-worker are nice and management is fair and good
Cashier / Stock
Customer Service (Former Employee), Closter, New JerseyJuly 11, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: distract manager not understanding
This is very workable place that allow me to work there, The management was very understanding. I was in middle of learning how to become assistance manager.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJuly 11, 2015
I've learned that many people like to get things for the cheaper price so they will go to Dollar Tree...I think some people came just because they wanted to come chat with me.There was really no hard part at the job..It was all easy to me.
well experienced work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), marathon flJuly 11, 2015
Pros: the guide and experience
Cons: short breaks
important to stock everything in its correct spot and not to have anything that doesn't belong in the section just to make it easy for customers to shop. also, to have it as clean as possible to attract customers and avoid slips and falls. coworkers and satisfied customers made it easy and fun place to work. no hard part in the job and the best was to see a customer grateful for the experience in the store.
Not so much fun
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 10, 2015
My experience at Dollar Tree wasn't as much fun as my experience every where else, Me and the manager did not agree with each other, at one point the Ast. Manager had to take up for me and my co-workers. love working with my Ast. Manager, he made working at Dollar Tree fun.
Easy quick and fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Spring Valley, CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work in good atmosphere makes me want to go to work so that i can provide for my family. the company is well organized and they are good at what they do which is providing excellent customer service to the public.
fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILJuly 10, 2015
was a very fun place to work even though it was a seasonal position. had a great manager and alot of fun and hard working coworkers.
sucked
Stock Clerk; Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJuly 10, 2015
constantly being sued by employees and they don't address or solve any of their problems. customers don't appreciate anything(depending on the area) whether it be you or the merchandise, or the store in general.
Enjoy working with the public and operating the cash register
Cashier-Part-time (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAJuly 10, 2015
Operate cash register in a fast paced environment.
Provide excellent customer service.
Perform stocking of merchandise in assigned register area.
Overall a great place to work and shop.
Full time freight manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids MnJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly, Organized, Affordable.
Cons: Not a lot of hours, Not enough employees.
Everyday I made sure to walk the store and make sure everything was in the right place, counted the tills and safe. I learned all the manager skills in a short time period. I was the only full time manager and I was in charge of truck and stocking shelves. I enjoyed all of my cashiers and my stocking crew. The hardest part of my job was keeping my back room a safe zone and not to full when we had a bigger truck size. I really enjoyed my customers, we had some regulars who came in to shop almost everyday, I also enjoyed my co-workers, I became close with most of my co-workers.
Fun and constant changing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: constantly meeting new people
Cons: short hours
I learned that I am a people person. I found that being polite and gave the customers the respect they deserve made my day much better.
Easy place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Hours of work
Cons: Nothing
The job required a lot of working together with other co-workers and dealing with people.
Very busy most of the time, doing multiple tasks at the same time.
I learn how to work fast but at the same time do the job right and dealing with costumers.
Nothing really hard about the job, the easiest part was being at the register.
An overall wonderful place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), w general screven wayJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: short breaks
A typically day at work is a fast paced environment with a high volume of customers. We work together as a team to complete tasks and make sure everything is done by the end of the day. I learned a lot from working at Dollar Tree as well as a lot from my co workers. The management is phenomenal I have never worked with such great people before. The hardest part of my job is when ever I make a mistake or don't complete something that was needed to be done. I'm a really hard worker and I don't like to make mistakes. Almost everything about my job is enjoyable most days are pretty busy and it's kinda fun it also makes the time go by faster.
Atmosphere and company were great to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Jennings, LaJuly 8, 2015
Cons: Management threw trash which left the clerk and store unsupervised.
Average workday included daily paperwork and work assignments for cashiers. Customer relations. Cleaning restrooms, floors and recovering of store at shift end. Closing reports and daily deposits. Unpacking freight and organizing shelves and displays.
Headquarters