Dollar Tree
2,144 reviews

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, MSJune 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A tyical day at work is normal. There was no hard labor of work everything was in order. I cleaned the front of the store. the enjoyable part was the customer services, helping people with what they needed, and helping then make a choice.
What an eperience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 7, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers!
Cons: all over the place-very busy!
I was a assistant manager so life for me was all about non existent. I was very dedicated to this job and sacrificed everything to have it.I opened and closed the store, handled money from the safe to the cashier. I was in charge of making sure my cashiers were happy and that things were organized the right way for Dollar Tree standards. As well as, – more... making sure that every customer was greeted and made to feel like a second home if you will. I worked very long and sometimes stressful shifts. Although I disagree with the way we dealt with customers that shoplifted it could at times be dangerous. This is were I lost interest in my job at Dollar Tree. I made descent money and enjoyed my job there a lot. – less
well family team
Asst Manager (Former Employee), 11818 s marshfieldJune 6, 2014
Pros: i get break and lunches
welll dollar tree was the best i wish i can go back there anytime . everything a dollar work was great other then unloading the truck pushing the u boats was great setting endcaps and sale
Its a productive and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Wall, NJJune 6, 2014
I am the assistant manager at the dollar tree. I started off as a cashier and worked myself up in five months. If you are dedicated to your work place you can go far.
Strict adherence to rules.
Temp Positions (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2014
Very strict adherence to company rules. Excellent customer service required. Ability to work in fast pace environment. Ability to follow direction.
IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE NEEDING A SECOND JOB
ASSTISANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 5, 2014
Pros: the manager thought she was something special
Cons: they have 2 part time asst. manager and i think 1 is enough
I REALLY LIKE THIS JOB , BUT IT NEEDS ALITTLE IMPROVMENT LIKE CAMARAS IN THERE .THE HARDEST PART WAS UNLOADING THE TRUCK AND WORKING YOUR HARDEST BUT NEVER WAS TOLD THAT I DID A GREAT JOB.
a typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILJune 5, 2014
• Managed the daily operations of the store; Developed, implemented and maintained processes, procedures and programs to improve customer service and responsible for promoting company standards
Ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Inkster, MIJune 5, 2014
Cons: short hours
Best part is leaving work. Some days are good some days are bad.
Great Mgr but Company does not care about employees
Asst Mgr/Freight Mgr (Former Employee), Lake Jackson TexasJune 3, 2014
Pros: great mgmt and co workers
Cons: feel like you are working in a sweat shop, low pay, no advancement
Open or closing of store ,cashier ,customer service , process freight,
Learned a lot on running a store had great Mgr that wanted to take the time to train
Great Mgr
Most Co workers great but we all have a few bad apples
Trying to work with no air and no mater how much business you lose because its to hot to shop just keep smiling never have proper – more... equipment to do your job
Most Customers – less
Open-minded and A nice work enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: open mindedness and productive
Cons: customer negotiations
A typical day at work consisted of clocking in, check all doors and alarm systems, setting up tills for the morning, starting up computers, setting up truck for the day, placing merchandise onto shelves, talking to customers, maintaining work flow, if closing then I would take down tills, count registers, check to make sure building is secure, make – more... deposits, take deposits to bank.

I learned how to run a small business by myself.

Management at this store was at times stern but always fair.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job negotiating with customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to freely merchandise. – less
dont expect much
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: hours are flexable
Cons: little pay and little hours
Your paid minimuw ages and not given enough hours to survive, thast why tehy have hioght tunr over.No one can survive on minimum wage for under ten hours a week,.
This job was a a little stressing.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hillsboro, TXJune 3, 2014
Sometimes the other workers wouldn't do their jobs leaving you to do them. It was a typical fast food job.
good team
Cashier (Current Employee), Dania Beach, FLJune 2, 2014
Co-workers and customers help me learn american english and american life
Great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALJune 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time at dollar tree. I ended up only getting four hours a week and i just couldn't make a living at this place.
Productive and super busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Antioch, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: few work hours
Cons: few work hours
A typical day at work consisted of checking the customers out at the registers. Handling cash, restocking the cashiers areas and cleaning them as well. Trash at the end of the day, stocking shelves, sweeping mopping, and bank deposits.
I learned how to use a register and how to handle cash and how to stock shelves. I also learned where everything was – more... located in the store.
The management was great.
I really miss my co-workers from there and enjoyed working with them. We opened that store together and set it up so we were like a big happy family.
I'd say the hardest part of the job was lifting boxes that weighed over 25 lbs. because our dolly was buried or missing in the back storage room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was chilling with the customers and helping them find everything they needed. Getting to know the regulars and just getting to interact with them on a daily basis. Also working with friends. – less
Sales/Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
This place is a pretty good place to start if you are entering into the work force. I would say that location is a key factor in picking the right store for you.
Steady work pace
Cashier/Customer Service/Loader (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIJune 2, 2014
Nice environment, fun energetic people reasonable hours I worked.
Generally a good place to work.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Canton, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: free to interact with customers
Cons: lack of hours, lack of other responsibilities
A typical day at this job, mainly just included stocking shelves with product. I was never properly trained how to use the cash register so that was not a part for me to do.
The main thing that I learned was creativity or how to be more organized.
Management was great. They were very hard workers and treated me like one of their own.
My co-workers were – more... also exceptional. There were only a few co-workers of mine, but they were very good.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of stability in weekly hours. I was not there long, so that it understood.
The most enjoyable part was working with people. I really enjoy helping people in any way I can. – less
Productive work place
Stock Associate, Summer (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJune 2, 2014
Typical day consisted of showing up to work at 3am and stock shelves until 9am. I learned the dedication and mental effort needed to motivate yourself to cary out with your work during hours you wish you were sleeping. the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and not slack off on your work staying consistent.
Very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore,MDMay 31, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: short breaks
Interact with customers daily, management was really helpful and co-workers were very friendly as well

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more