Dollar Tree

3.5K reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

fun stocking
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: out of work early
Cons: short breaks
it was easy work straight to the point with what you have to do. They can be very helpful. There is alot of team work done. I liked the fact that the work was done very quick and i was out of work just on time for my second job.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Austell, GAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: No break room
A typical day I walked In spoke to everyone greet with a smile checked in and starting on my register. I learned a lot about customer service from communicating to helping around the store. My manager was a very intelligent lady that I respect a lot she was very patient and helpful when you need her assistance. The employees are very nice people they helped you when you needed the help they never complained. At times the job was hard for me to stand for 6 or 7 hours straight even on break because there wasn't a break room. Besides that I enjoyed working there a lot.
positive fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Summerfield, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: structured schedules and perfect hours for parents
Cons: working alone often
every week was pretty set as far as days off and very routine on monday you recover the store do resets tuesday unload trucks wednesday food trucks thursday restock floor friday prep the weekend and saturday and sunday customer service. it was nice to have a routine . i learned a lot of management tools as far as how to make a profit and loss report, how to plan sales bases on prior sales ect. co workers were all very hard workers great team to work for. hardest part of the job was time management. if you got behind its hard to catch up. you always have to stay on top of things and be very goal oriented.
productive and great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Covington, LAAugust 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the company. Althought their are no benifits and very little pay , the eviroment makes you want to stay.
Flexible work schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), Martinez, CAAugust 11, 2015
Ringing up customers quickly
Friendly customers and co-workers
Standing in one spot for long periods of time was difficult
Short breaks
Customer interaction was enjoyable
Fun workplace
Inventory/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 11, 2015
Fun workplace, management changes often but as management changes there is no real effect on employees as they mostly follow the same guidelines. Customers are very friendly and love to chat with employees.
Can be a productive place to work if you have the people.
General Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good health insurance
Cons: pay is on the low scale.
Productive place to work if you have the right team in place, and you have the right people working for you. Becoming a manager for the company is very stressful and does take a lot out of you. You don't have a life anymore because your at the store majority of the time, and they locate you far away from your home, so travel time can be up to an hour away from where you live. The company does not pay very well either unless you are a general manager and even at that they require so much out of you that their turn over rate to much at times. A 40 hour work week that you would normally work turns into a 55-60 hour work week, and your salary, so your only paid for 40 of it.
Fun for youths
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), College Park, GAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Pay Scale
Good place to work if its your first job or for a second job.
Pay scale was low but it was a part time job. easy to learn and move up with in the company.
great job
Cashier (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2015
I love working at the Dollar Tree the staff is very friendly and make you feel welcomed. Customers love coming to the stare and finding products the cant find anywhere else and the love that its just a dollar.
fun workplace for high school student
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: short break
count your money. make sure you give and recieve accurate change. sell drive by items to make your goal. clean register and sort go back items in the bin. make psa every 15 mins
Productive and fast paced.
STOCKER (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 8, 2015
Working here was a joy. I really like working in fast moving environments that will keep me busy and this job did that for me.
THE WORK WAS OK
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: CLOSE TO MY HOUSE
Cons: EVERYTHING JUST ABOUT
IT REALLY WASNT A FAMILY, IT WAS JUS A WORK AND GO HOME, BUT I STILL DID MY BEST TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.. BUT FOR THE MOST PART I IKE IT CAUSE I LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE IM A PEOPLE PERSON
Dollar tree review
Stocker (Former Employee), Taylor, MIAugust 6, 2015
Day starts by staging product on floor. Then stocking shelves and assisting customers

Management was very organized, helpful, and fair.

Co-workers are very helpful and work as a team to get the job done

Hardest part of the day is unloading trucks and cleaning up at the end of the day

The most enjoyable part of working there was the nice calm atmosphere
Productive fast paced work environment
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), MSAugust 6, 2015
Productive and fast paced. Busy. I still work here. There aren't many hours. Only management gets full time. Hours aren't guaranteed.
Steady work enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with hours, welcoming environment
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours, procrastination when doing employee schedules
Scheduling at work varies; at times I am scheduled for the morning shift and have to do my daily routine as a cashier. However, I am also scheduled in the evenings and have to do recovery around the store. Keeping the store clean and organized is part of my daily routine. I go in early mornings and stock the aisles with new merchandise. I learned work ethic, time management, how to approach customers in different situations, customer service and meeting deadlines. The management is fair.
My co-workers are pleasant to work with and have the ability to work as a team. I do not find difficulty in my work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different people and the customer service.
fun place
Monitor sales (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 5, 2015
Its a ok place to work. Work at this place when I was younger. Really low on hours. The building closed down. I will recommend the job for a teenager
Always had work to do and loved it..
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Always busy
Cons: pay
I worked an shift. I was the main person for the truck deliveries, stock, refrigerated and frozen. I was also promoted as the Merchandising Manager. I enjoyed working with the team. I took over hiring and also very instrumental in keeping turnover down. I had pride in making sure the shelves were always stocked and the store was clean. I took pride in making sure our customers were very happy. I would like to say that at the time I was offered position for McDonalds, I was offered by the District Manager for Dollar Tree, my own store that was about to open in Portales, NM.
Night Manager
Night Manager (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great Employees
Cons: The pay is not equal to what the job is
I really love this job as it is my chance to work with a variety of people.
The Hardest part of the job is probably after a very busy day, keeping up with keeping store clean
fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at dollar tree would be loading the cash registers for the day.Management was really awesome when i worked there.Co-workers were awesome as well
Inventory fun to display, difficulty keeping them neat
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Erie, PaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: close to home, good repore with fellow employees
Cons: store always seemed a mess, I counldn't keep it clean enough
Work days here always went very fast, enjoyed my customers and assiting with their needs, however, never felt I could advance my position.
Headquarters