Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 7,951 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable workplace
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 9, 2017
The management was horrible. I usually had a good day at work. Some of the people I worked with made it worth it. As far as day to day I sat at the register and took care of customers. I enjoyed my job. I did not enjoy the drama of the work place though.
Poorly managed.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2017
A lot of turnover at this job. Managers are even in and out every other week. I was there for over a year, and I watched 4 new managers start at our store and then either get fired or quit. I kept getting my hours cut even though it was already a part time job. They knew I had 3 kids I have to take care of, but because of all the new hires who would not show up for their first day, I'd get called in on days I specifically asked off.
Pros
Easy job.
ok place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
it was an ok place to work. the crew I worked with was nice. Management wasn't I\the best. but it was an ok job. I would work there again. just a diffren one
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2017
I got this job through a Mormon church Bishop. They help people keep employment! I met friends at work and I kept busy throughout my work shift each day
Nice coworkers
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALAugust 9, 2017
Nice bosses and coworks. Not enough hours. There are rats. Need be nicer when someone doesn't meet stock counts the are doing the best they can. And need schedule before Friday or saturday for the week
Pros
They schedule around doctors
Cons
They have rats, not enough hours, to much stress
great place for first time person with a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCAugust 9, 2017
great place to work , you just don't get enough hours for the work you are giving . Great low prices. It would be a great job for a teenager first time working on a job,.
Horribe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 9, 2017
not a teamwork environment. bad management. doesn't provide enough hours for employees.......
the company really need to make some changes. I would only recommend this job if your really desperate to work.
Nice workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 9, 2017
On a typical day I go in, count my register, take a couple customers. Then when it slows down, I do go-backs. Most of the management is extremely nice.
I like working with my cowoker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  University Heights, CAAugust 9, 2017
Up stoking belong too the place it go unload the truck The job is a good job and it a fast past and i likely working with my coworkers i work as a team work
Pros
Free dicount
Cons
Nan
Fun workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14612August 8, 2017
Dollar tree is a fun work place It gets busy with the help of managers and coworkers working together you can get things done fast .Problem is they dont give that much hours of working .
Pros
managers friendly
Cons
short breaks
It is a fast pace job, you have to do many things at once
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmview, TXAugust 8, 2017
It was my first job I was so excited, I had to learn things quickly, there was no time for mistakes you have to do many things at once street customers be cashier, keep the front area clean, help people out, inflate balloons.
Pros
You get paid your 10 minute break
Cons
Your the only cashier, you have to do many things at once
overall fair
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ash Flat, ARAugust 8, 2017
my manager didnt even let me know i was laid off he kept telling me for 5 days he would calll me when i worked again and he neer did so i called when another manager was working and he informed me i got laid off 5 days ago
Its ok for students and starters
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2017
It's hard work for little money! It makes me want to quit. But Im staying around for the little money, but I kno I can get a better paying job! I would recommend dollar tree to anyone
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
To little time for a break
Good work environment
Cashier/process freight (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAAugust 8, 2017
I loved working here. I felt welcomed from the first day i started until even now when I come in and shop as a costumer. Management is great, they welcomed me right away and are huge supports inside and outside of work.
A very interesting place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 8, 2017
This company attracts a customer base from all walks of life. It was an interesting experience every single day that I worked there. Even those wanting to come to work there were enthralling.
Pros
Multiple departments and product to work with, customer base was all over the place
Cons
HR did not handle an immediate threat to safety until regional and supervisory levels were included
Productive and friendly environment
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced and enjoyable. Management was very knowledgeable and helpful. The workplace culture is team work makes the dream work.
awful place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 8, 2017
didn't enjoy working here management was pretty bad. I left after my hrs were cut to 10 a week and getting paid minimum wage it wasn't worth it to me.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNAugust 8, 2017
busy and productive days, i loved working with my coworker. i loved my bosses as well. i would tell people all about how i had a good day at work. i loved it
gloomy and dirty workplace
part time stocker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 8, 2017
a typical day of work was driving to a dollar store at 2am to work til 8.
i learned nothing at all except that people are always rude when they entered.
the management had no clue what she was doing.
hardest part of the job was defiantley unloading truck on wednesday, we never had the space for the boxes so we had to put them somewhere and still got scolded for having the back room be a mess.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and going home thats it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
exicting ,and everyday you learn something new
Cashier/ Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 8, 2017
a typical day on the job would consist of a lot of tasks.one would be being that you have to make sure that you satisfied every customer and gave them the proper service .next would be knowing that you and your coworkers are moving as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7