Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Employee Reviews

Very nice, clean and hard working staff. very friendly and enthusiastic.
Sharpshooters/ Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TN 37863July 19, 2017
Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner attraction was a delight to work at. I loved every minute of working there. I was a sharpshooter photographer/ sales associate. We provided and captured high quality, high value, meaningful imaging experiences that become lasting memories for our customers. I learned a lot there. How to change the papers on the printers and the ink. Also how to take good pictures of people individually and in huge groups that visit the attraction from around the world. I learned how to work cameras such as Kodak cameras to Nikon cameras, we took thousands of pictures daily and try to sell them to the people. That's how we got commission as well. I learned good salesmanship and how to bond with customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell as much pictures to people and trying to get a higher commission. The work atmosphere and the people there are great to work with. I loved working with hard working and very kind people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 15, 2017
Not only is it one of the best shows in town, working here is great. Fun fast paced place to work. Plenty of opportunities for keeping busy and making friends!
The Most Fun Place To Work In The Smokies!
Area Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 26, 2017
Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede has been such a great learning experience!

A typical day a work we are ensuring not only an experience, but a fun memory a family can share for a lifetime!
Opportunity to learn new skills and advancement
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 6, 2016
Dixie Stampede is a job that requires dedication, hard work, and drive.
There are many departments to work with, each one offering it's own set of unique challenges and opportunities.
It's a highly competitive place to work with the ability to advance and learn new sets of skills you otherwise wouldn't have the chance to experience.
Unless you are working for the administrative department, this job is not condusive to a family life. It can be a 7 day/week job with up to 5 shows per day. It's best suited for someone who is single, early twenties, and committed to their job.
Dixie does offer decent benefits and the pay is competitive compared to other tourism based jobs in the area.
The hardest part of the job is the addition of shows without much notice. Having to give up most personal life you may have.
Most rewarding part is seeing the faces light up of the audience members when they are watching the show!

Overall, great place to work if you want a unique opportunity and to make some decent money. Not something you would want if family and personal time is a priority.
Pros
Free meals multi show day, benefits, employee outings, good pay
Cons
6-7 day work week, up to 12-14 hour days withouth leaving, micromanaging, strict rules, corporate owned
Productive, fast-paced, interesting, relaxed environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 5, 2015
On a typical day at work you get there and you hit it hard until you go home.
Food industry was new to me beforehand, except grocery/value stores.
Fun management
Always joking, laughing, while maintaining a fast-paced ethic
It becomes meticulous after a while, the distance, hours.
The location
Do not work here!
Ground Technical Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 29, 2015
I was a lower level management and I would not recommend it as a place to work. The hours are long, you are made to stay overtime without notice. The upper management is terrible.
Pros
Short hours on one show days
Cons
Poor pay, no advancement, no days off
Amazing Job
Ticketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2013
I loved this job! The management was amazing, and the whole place was like a family. Everyone looked out for one another. You felt good going into work everyday, and really enjoyed what you did.
Very Fun
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 18, 2013
Great place but now closed and demolished!

Answer phones, book reservations, check people in and walk late arrivals to their seats.
Best job I ever had!
Lead Ground Technician/Back-up Performer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 9, 2013
I worked with a lot of great minded and VERY friendly people. Never was I bored working here. The best part of my everyday life working with this company was making people smile and changing lives. Also, worked with horses and different animals every season, like buffalos, pigs and even ostriches!! Dixie Stampede is the best show in the town of Branson, Missouri hands down and I enjoy every part of it! The hardest part of the job is having to do 4 shows in one day, back to back which is usually in the summer and christmas time. Since I've worked at Dixie Stampede, I've boosted up on my customer service, dealt with overloaded pressure and especially TEAMWORK! Teamwork is the main key to success in our moto and I can't do much without it. If I ever move back to Missouri, Dixie Stampede is where half of my heart is, although, Hawaii is where my blood family resides.
Pros
Catering for 3+ shows that day, loving and helpful co-workers, dealt with animals
Cons
benefits weren't all that great
Fun place to work, but alot of politics and favorites played.
Wardrobe assistant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 26, 2012
The Dixie Stampede was a fun place to work. The cast members I worked closely with were like family. My job was very routine and required a large amount of organization.This position gave me a lot of experience in ordering receiving and inventory of uniforms and costumes. I also learned to work effectively totaling unsupervised on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was dealing with certain managers. Due to my position in the wardrobe dept I had to deal with all the dept managers and there is a great amount of favoritism and boys club mentality among these people.
Pros
monthly get togethers and bonuses
Cons
boys club type management
Fun, great job for students
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 7, 2012
Entertain Customers, learned great serving skills, the management is very good, and does a great job with other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the pace of the job, very quick and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, the schedule and compensation.
Pros
flexible schedule, make your own wages
Cons
not much of a break.
Fun Horse entertainment
Rider/Performer (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 7, 2012
Exercising, tacking and grooming horses before the show. Perform a set routine on horse back while interacting with live audience. This job was very physical but I enjoyed it, it was rewarding to see the kids eyes light up as we rode around on horse back doing tricks and letting them pet the animals.