Dollywood Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Singer/Dancer (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJuly 29, 2017
Dollywood treated me like a family. It's an honor to be able to work at this company. They're always there for me. It's fun and I miss working there everyday.
Pros
Fun Work environment
fun place to work
Maintenance tech / Safety trainer (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJuly 19, 2017
The hardest part was wondering when you may get to go home that day. in ride maintenance you never know what may break or happen. There are many different places there to learn a lot to advance yourself.
Dollywood opr.
Ride opr. (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 11, 2017
Love the great smoky mtns.. love meeting new people everyday and love to work in the company again willing to move and relocate...and I need the hours and the money to support my family.....Dollywood was a great place to work ...
Rinse and Repeat
Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 29, 2017
I worked a season position as an Attractions Host on one of the roller coasters. My main jobs was to insure the safety of the guest and my fellow coworkers while creating a fun and enjoyable environment. The bulk of the job was assisting the guests onto the roller coaster train, placing their loss articles into bins, checking their restraints, and dispatching the train on the ride. Rinse and repeat. We did have to do test rides every couple of hours which was a nice hiatus of the work. It was a very repetitive and monotonous job especially while working outside in the dead of summer in jeans and a button down shirt. However, we rotated positions on the ride every 30 minutes which add some variety to the day. How the schedules were made, we had to work long hours. I had back-to-back 12 hours shifts, but that gave me several free days throughout the week. The majority of the guests and my co-workers made the work enjoyable. There were some bad eggs of guests but seeing 99% of them walk off the ride with a big smile brought me joy. Management is very solid and respectable. They were involved but not overbearing. The overall culture at Dollywood has a family feel that is very inviting.
Pros
Good culture, Cheap meals, Free park tickets and other perks/discounts
Cons
Repetitive, Tedious work, Long workdays
Foods team lead
Foods team lead (Current Employee) –  FoodsMay 15, 2017
Great company ethics. Starts out making you feel respected for your talents but ends up they get rid of management at the drop of a hat. Basically it doesn't matter how hard your work and efforts are. Everyday going to work in the management you always wander is this going to be my last day over nothing or something stupid. If anyone has true management experience steer clear of this company.
Pros
Free tickets for family and friends.
Cons
Management has special friend clicks.
fun fun
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 14, 2017
Dollywood was awesome back in 2006 - 2008 everyone was happy
people worked together to make it a great place now all they think about is the money ....managers was great now they only think about there self
Pros
exchange programs
Cons
low pay
Fun work place
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 10, 2017
Enjoyable work environment. It is difficult to depend on income because you may work 15 to 20 hours one week and then 30 or more one week. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Dependability of income
I love it
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 9, 2017
I started our 3 season ago as lease shop doing photos. Dollywood took over the photos this season and I was hired on to continue doing what i love. I love the photo team. I love that I can send guest home with a great memory. I normally work mystery mine and the gift shop host and the ride attendants are great we consider ourselves family there. I absolutely love what I do. It is my home away from home...
Pros
Perks throughout the county
Cons
Cutting labor when it is slow
Great Environment, Poor management
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNApril 18, 2017
Upper management treat the employees as if they are low lives with no meaning to life. They look down on the employees and manipulate the employees. Terrible Managers over Safety and Security
Fun place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNApril 10, 2017
I worked for Dollywood for 10 years. In the beginning it was a very fun place to work. But, when the economic downturn happened it became unbearable. I left at the end of 2009.
Pros
free day passes for friends and family
Cons
fluctuating hours, and some people are not nice to work with

Want to know more about Dollywood?

Ask a question
Ride attendant
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 9, 2017
Worked for dare devil fall as a ride attendant loaded an unloaded guest on an off the boat made sure the ride was working right an counted the guest an how many boats we used a day
Loved the theme park environement
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 29, 2017
I loved the company. They expect hard work for their employees but try hard to make the working experience a good one. The perks are excellent. I am glad I got to work there.
Pros
Free passes to the theme park.
Cons
Traffic
Everythings great! At first.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 21, 2017
I started at dreammore, but ultimately was forced to transfer to the cabins because other people were jealous of my ambition. I learned that while the benefits are good, and dollywood SOUNDS very caring of their staff, they really only care about protecting certain managers. Stuff rolls downhill really fast, and you better hope you're not at the bottom. I watched other people who were hardworking and good at their jobs get transfered or let go for no good reason. Meanwhile no one wants to see the real problems they have, and if try to point them out and tell them how to fix it then you are accused of not doing your job properly.
Pros
Host lunches, comp tickets, good benefits if you're lucky enough to be full time.
Manager
Manager at Aunt Granny's Restaurant and Backstage (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 20, 2017
This was a great fun place to work a lot of challenges but you get to meet a lot of new people from all around the world. Great environment and fun...
The Resort is NOT a Good Place to Work.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 11, 2017
The resort has the highest turnover rate I have ever experienced in my 15 years of food and beverage experience. They have went through 3 Food and Beverage Directors, multiple Sous Chefs and cooks since the resort opened. The restaurant and kitchen is not supervised the way it should be at all.

All of the F&B managers that are left save for 2 are there for themselves and will stab you in the back if they see it as beneficial.

Do yourself a favor and look at many of the other resorts or restaurants in the area. This one is a dud that is inevitably going to either close or become a chain restaurant in the near future and we all know what happens when a new management company comes in.. everyone gets canned. Don't get yourself trapped at the DreamMore Resort like I did.
Pros
Dollywood tickets and great benefits
Cons
On it's way to closing and being turned into something else.
Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 7, 2017
Very fun place to work. Training is minimal. Expectations are astronomical. Pay is extremely low in any position. Hours are very long and tend to prevent you from family time.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Bad pay, over worked, extremely hot if outside or in foods.
Exciting Place to work
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Dollywood really feels like a small town where everyone knows everyone. You really feel like you are at home while you are there. I absolutely enjoyed working there everyday.
Micromanaged with false representation of culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dream more pigeon forgeFebruary 16, 2017
This was suppose to be my happy place but instead it was a nightmare. The AGM had serious anger issues as well as early dementia problems. And at least 4 personalities. The GM doesn't even know own you exist if your not in his circle.
It was horrible!! The place is filthy and no one there has hotel experience....it's so sad.
Pros
Non salaried employees were great to work with
Cons
Upper management /horrible
It's good, but no winter hours
Ride Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
You dress up a little bit, since it's a theme park, but you don't really have to act. it's a fun place to work, but they shut down for the winter so you have to find something else for work, then hope they take you back at the beginning of the next season.
Pros
free passes, rides for you and family
Cons
no winter hours
Great Experience
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 14, 2017
Dollywood had to be the most fun and energizing place I have yet to be employed at. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is upbeat. The least enjoyable aspect was the heat during the summer (if you work an outside position).
Pros
Cheap cafeteria food, free Dollywood tickets, friendly coworkers
Cons
Summer weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9