DOLSON Auto & Tire (www.DolsonTire.com) of Middletown NY is now recruiting for A (or a B level in training) automotive service technicians.
Do you enjoy helping people and providing awesome service? If so, working here is where you should be! At Dolson Auto & Tire our technicians continually attend training programs to enhance and hone their automotive skills. Taking care of customer’s automotive needs has made us an employer of choice in the automotive industry. Instead of being abused by top-level managers of large chains, we are a small but growing group who is here to help you grow your automotive service career, even the president is a former ASE Master Tech. Strong support, professional development and career advancement, it’s all here for our techs at Dolson Auto & Tire.
Dolson Auto & Tire in Middletown NY takes great care of our customers and ensures that our automotive service technicians are the best of the best. A few attributes of our top performing service technicians include:
- ASE certification
- Engine Performance skills
- Complete under car repairs & Hunter Alignment with Auto Rack
- Diagnosis, laptops, lab scopes, scan tools & estimating software
- Ability to handle multiple automotive and mechanical issues simultaneously & productively
- Being an enthusiastic team player so customers see that you care
- Continue your education to keep up with industry trends (paid training, local and mfr)
- Basic understanding of automotive and mechanical issues
- Passion for the automotive business and its customer results
- Smile and show customers you want their repeat business
- Ability to assess customer automotive needs and recommend the best solution
- Use of electronic data systems to compare mfr specifications to tests/measurements
- Enthusiasm, energy and team player attitude
- Tools needed to perform job functions
- Achieve professional licenses and ASE certifications (paid for by company)
Dolson Tire & Auto is open when it comes to taking care of our employees. Instead of strange plans that have you unvested for years and take your money back, we give you 100% of our company matching funds as soon as you are eligible.
- No cost 401k plan with company matching 100% dollar for dollar up to the company maximum
- 401k offers additional employee contributions up to 80%
- Competitive salary linked to performance bonus and skills
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, AFLAC, HSA Tax Deferred Savings Plan
- Employee referral bonus plan
- Tool program
- Our flat rate even pays time and a half for those who work overtime
- Our accrual earned time off program pays more time off to those with more hours
- All of our jobs are customer pay labor - no warranty time issues
- We do not pay commissions, we pay by the book time for honest work that's suggested
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays, Sick and Personal Days, grieving, and Vacation Time on accruals (more hours worked equals more paid time off for hard working people)
- Available training at state of the art training facilities in the area including TST
- Length of Service Awards (one of out ten year managers just earned a Carribean Cruise)
- ASE certification and preparation programs with reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Job Stability with a small company that cares - your not at the whim of a district manager who wants to increase his esop share
Job Requirements :
- High School/Tech School Diploma or GED
- Skilled/Certified in two or more automotive specialties
- 2+ years of repair experience
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record. NY State Inspection License
Ability to pass a drug test. Background check.
*Recent Tech/Trade School Graduate? We'd love to have you!
*Your own tools
*A genuine love for cars and trucks - it's never work when you love what you do
We recognize and appreciate that applying to work for us takes time. Thanks in advance. Please know that we take your application seriously and that we'll respond to qualified candidates as quickly as possible, usually within 2-3 weeks.
Be a part of one of the most important teams in the dealership - The service department! As a general line automotive technician (Automotive Mechanic) you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. Our service departments are clean, safe and state-of-the-art. The jobs are challenging and extensive training is available to those who are career focused. State-of-the-art equipment and career advancement, it’s all here for an Automotive Technician! Its a good job for those dedicated to the practice of auto repair.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with manufacturer standards and specifications
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
Start your career as an automotive technician by calling 845-343-6300 or go to http://www.DolsonTire.com and complete our online contact form.