DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRISIS CENTER Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stressful environment
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 6, 2017
Working for the people is the best feeling but the director is horrible. Her right hand is horrible as well. The hardest part of the job was working with them. The other staff were amazing and hard workers.
Pros
parking
Cons
toxic environment
Crisis Center
Counselor/Advocate and Educator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 6, 2017
The DVCC provides vital services to people in the community. Regarding employment, the organization expects diligent and hardworking individuals with a wide range of skills.
enjoyable work
advocate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 9, 2017
direct client services is a plus, creative projects, collaborative environment. experience in working with victims of domestic violence is useful. enjoyed working here.
Good employer
Safe House Advocate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 5, 2016
DVCC is a good place to start a career. I worked in the safe house for 6 months. Sometimes it could be difficult as you are alone with the clients in the safe house but I always felt supported by my co-worker in the other safe house and by my supervisor.
Pros
coworkers, some clients, type of work
Cons
Pay-sounds good but for the area you will need to work overtime
Productive and fun place to work to where you can meet interesting people
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 21, 2013
A typical day work as a Residential Supervisor was starting out with turn over to see how the clients were behaving before you where and just to get the feel of the house. Most days it was pretty easy because I worked from 0700-1500, so the clients were getting up and starting their day. Other times, it could be challenging because you had many conflicts between the clients and you had to play the mediator but once the house cooled down it was fun talking to the clients and getting to know them! I loved the job! My supervisor was great and understanding of work schedules! My co-workers were fun to work with and made the job fun. I learned a lot about how to manage things because I was the "boss" of the house so every final decision had to go through me. I was responsible for knowing where the clients were at every moment, whether it be at work, doing chores, running errands...whatever it may be...that was my responsibility. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the abusers when they found out where they Safe House was. This situation came up a few times while I was there. It jeopardized the security of the clients and Safe House. It was hard the first couple of times because I didn't know what to do and no one told me what to do and I had to think on my feet. My top priority was to protect the clients of the Safe House. I did what I had to do in order to protect the girls and their kids. After that, I had to calm everyone down and let person on the next shift know what was going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone. The different stories  more... that the clients had and their struggles that they overcome was so interesting to me. I love getting to know people and that was my favorite part of the job.   less
Pros
Getting to know people, free training
Cons
low pay, long hours
This organization provides lunch meetings once a month.
Safe House/Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 28, 2012
Once we clock in at work we are constantly on the phone, meeting wirth clients, keep track of our files, and meeting with attorneys who are representing us in court.
Pros
free lunches
graet company to work for
Family and Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 5, 2012
This company offers many things to help its employees feel at home. they offer multiple training around the year.

Want to know more about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRISIS CENTER?

Ask a question