Dometic Corporation Employee Reviews

Productuve but stressful
RV parts (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 8, 2017
Didn't get enough training seem like every time you keep busy or doing enough at the job they sometimes be criticizing you not doing enough or working fast enough!
Pros
Paid on all breaks
Cons
Alright pay
Demanding fast paced stressful environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 25, 2017
Required to answer calls and answer questions for one customer while imputing orders sent in from another customer. Had to have four computer screens open to attempt to keep up. No breaks given. The management has "pets". There is no team environment.
Pros
It was a paycheck during an eccomic downturn.
Cons
Tremendously stressful environment
I loved my job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 8, 2017
My job at dometic was great. If I could I would go back the people was nice my supervisor was awesome an I loved the hours. I really liked my job there
Pros
good pay, good hours, nice people, easy work
Cons
to hot, had to work Saturdays
nice place to work. pay was advarge
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 3, 2017
i really liked working here to be honest. it was fast pased but once i caught on i was great. the people were good too. got along with almost everyone. only issue was that i didnt get the top pay i thought i deserved.
Pros
good job, great insurance, nice people
Cons
pay plato at a low rate.
Great atmosphere
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INAugust 30, 2017
I loved working at Dometic and wanted to go permanent. My job was under contract. It was close to my residence. I liked my bosses and the coworkers. Great pay.
A Lot of Overtime Offered
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Big Prairie, OHJuly 23, 2017
The company has experienced a significant increase in sales over the last couple of years and overtime has become normal (at least 45 hours a week). As a result, there is a high level of job security along with plenty of opportunities to work extra hours.
However, the company's process is kind of chaotic. The production deadlines do not match the shipping deadlines, employees are moved around the shop constantly to fill demand, some supervisors put a lot of pressure on employees to work quickly, and inventory runs out of parts.
It is not all bad though. With it being a fairly small plant the people (from all departments) are extremely social and friendly, both inside and outside of work.

*Some people have complained that full-time positions (and benefits) are offered selectively and not at the times that they are promised, but I have noticed that if you are persistent and let management know how important benefits are for you they are more likely to offer them. This sometimes means threatening to leave or letting them know what other offers you have.
Pros
Overtime pay, promotions offered, friendly
Cons
fast-paced, scheduling changes often
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work ive not been there in 18 years enjoyed working for this company glad to see the refrigeration manufacturing in the usa of elkhart indiana
Very Productive Neat and Clean
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 7, 2017
No better way to end the day knowing you going hone 2 hours before your original off time. This job let you leave when your job for that day is done no matter what time it is and you still got paid for the whole day I just loved this job
Work as a temp employee
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 17, 2017
A day at Dometic can be very stressful. But that's most because the people on my line don't really want to work hard to make our number. There's a lot of OT which I don't mind, but I wish there was no Saturday work. I get along with pretty much everyone, and my bosses are pretty good. Only negative thing I can say is that management don't really do anything about the people who re not working.
Pros
Lunch truck
Cons
People you work with are grown crybabies, The bosses dont do much about non working or slow people, Pay sucks
Non Productive, High Turn over
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 17, 2017
High turnover, poor management and most weeks are mandatory 60 hr weeks, and you can count on working every Saturday without a break. New employees sometimes quit the 1st day before lunch time even get here.
Pros
Good shift
Cons
Management, Turnover rate
Bad management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INMay 15, 2017
The management is poor and they will fire you for having to take days off for health reasons. There is no advancement opportunities. You are allowed 3 points.
Outstanding Company
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, TNMay 1, 2017
Dometic ensures that all of their products meet a certain level of excellency, and are cost efficient for their costumers. Dometic's products enhance the Mobile lifestyle with their hard work.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are passionate about our products, and our end users and we are glad you were able to experience this first-hand!

Unorganized and fresh
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 29, 2017
This company is under new management and is still trying to get it's feet under them. It's very dirty in the building but that comes from all the forklifts around.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
new management
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience at Dometic was not positive. We are under new leadership and are working at improving in all facets.

Exciting Company to Work For & Brand You'll Actually Love
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 12, 2017
Dometic is a great! I have never felt more respected in a workplace. The leadership is reliable, efficient, and approachable. All of my colleagues are motivated, creative, and supportive. The collaborative efforts are truly making a positive difference. There is room to grow and if you work hard, you will be successful here. Overall, the consistent effort to improve - both internally for employees and externally for end-consumers - has made Dometic an exciting company to work for and a brand I love.
Pros
Positive environment, caring coworkers, changes in the right direction, supportive processes, organized agenda, creative freedom
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We agree that there are endless opportunities for success within our company. We will continue to grow and improve, ensuring we put forth the dedication and consistency need to excel in our industry. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at Dometic!

fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INMarch 21, 2017
dometic is a extremely fast paced production environment and have to learn quick with a fast paced demanding management team with benifits and learning how to use air tools and different hand tools
Time well spent
Other (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2017
The Dometic culture and job environment was inviting and very professional. Organizational changes are happening to a company seemingly stuck in older time periods as the company is experiencing tremendous growth. Great employees, only con would be 401-K benefits plan.
March 30, 2017

Hello,

We are glad to know that you enjoy your time with our company! We are most certainly in a state of growth and hope to continue with positive changes as we move forward. We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding the 401k plan. We encourage you to reach out to your local HR manager accordingly. Thank you!

Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INFebruary 5, 2017
Nice place to work with good people, seems like the company really cares about their employees. Good hours pay was decent for the amount of labor required.
March 2, 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working here at Dometic! We hope to continue to do well for our employees, our customers, and our end-users.

Not very organized
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 16, 2016
Dometic was a difficult place to work. It is a union shop which brings on a whole new set of challenges for managment. I would print all the orders to be picked and shipped daily. Distribute work load. I would be involved in routing loads for local delivery, "20 semi's a day average" and arrange for all UPS, FED EX, and LTL shipments. I worked and average of 65 hours a week.
Pros
Most of the other managment personnel
Cons
Union and to many hours.
Not Bad for a Summer Job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INSeptember 19, 2016
This was a summer job while in school and it was hot because of no ventilation and the higher ups were unpleasant. Not a bad place to work for students who need a summer job but beyond that they don't like to hired new people and use the temp service to their advantage.
H E double hockey sticks LL
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 12, 2016
All the other reviews are spot on. The refrigeration plant is an absolute disaster. The health insurance isn't worth it hence why I declined it and HR was shocked. The pay rate is horrendous too. The turn over rate is horrible too. Dometic reminded me of those revolving doors people go through. I could go on and on but, it would be a book. Dometic is one of the worst places to get a job at don't do it.
Pros
lunch
Cons
The whole company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dometic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.