The Dominican Sisters of San Rafael are seeking a Director of Congregational Properties to manage operations and the financial performance of structures, grounds, and vehicles. The Director is responsible for ongoing maintenance, repair, mechanical, plumbing, electrical systems, equipment, grounds, and safety. Congregational property encompasses 12 properties and up to 75 vehicles.
- Arranges for regular assessment of condition of all congregational owned properties. Schedules, manages, documents, and maintains records of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Consults with those sisters/supervisors with oversight responsibilities at each property regarding maintenance matters, capital projects and/or expenditures.
- Initiates planning and budgeting for repairs and/or improvements as necessary at each property.
- Manages through a fleet management company the purchase, sale, maintenance, and repair of all congregational vehicles.
- Oversees the systems and contracted services including grounds, security and fire systems, and cleaning services. Coordinates and works closely with the Finance Office on contracts, insurance claims, furniture and equipment inventories. Presents recommendations for projects and budgets to CFO.
- Liaison with outside agencies on property matters (i.e., city/county).
- Initiates energy conservation measures, disaster preparedness with assigned sisters at each property. Prepares Federal and State EPA reports.
- Supervises the maintenance staff, ensures appropriate training regarding equipment, hazardous materials and safety and health compliance.
- Reviews and updates the 3-5 year renewal and replacement budget annually.
- Journey level experience and competence in one or more areas of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building construction. Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field. Contractor’s license preferred.
- Must possess and maintain valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to travel to properties with occasional overnight stays.
- Five years of management experience in:
*buildings and grounds, including technical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire, carpentry, security, irrigation systems.
*supervision of maintenance, grounds keeping and/or construction staff.
APPLY/SEND RESUME TO
Sisters of St. Dominic
1520 Grand Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 19 months ago