Dominican University

Dominican University Employee Reviews

Very nice people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), River Forest, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: low pay
I worked as a Grad Assistant at admin. position in my last semester. Had a great boss who let me work from home.
A Good Place to Work
Disability Services, Peer Mentoring, PLA (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: creative support, beautiful environment
Cons: would like more salary increases
Dominican University of Ca is a good place to work. I have creative freedom with accountability. I like my job. I work in a beautiful setting with deer roaming the campus. Benefits are generous.
Great Staff and Career
Head Coach Women's Soccer-Management (Current Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 30, 2014
Inadequate resources to be successful. Great place, good people; however, it is impossible to live in San Rafael on the salary they pay. I have a family of 4 and can not afford to work at the University
Productive and rewarding opportunity to work here
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee), River Forest, ILNovember 3, 2014
Even though it was work study, there were many lessons that I learned by working here. Learning how to provided excellent customer service was our top priority. Along with technical support such as basic computer knowledge, Microsoft Office, Printing/Scanning services and managing phone services.
Great Job!
Green Business Certification Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAOctober 23, 2014
Learned a lot and was to apply theories/skilled gained through graduate program
Education institute with limited opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee), River Forest, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nice campus
Cons: lower pay
Wish more practice could develop in the school financial department
Wonderful Place, Fun students
University Tutor (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: keeping your mind sharp
Cons: could be boring when reviewing basic material for new students
A typical day involves coming in to work, spending the next 4 hours of my day with enthusiastic college students, and help them with whatever they need help on. It's a great way to help others, while keeping your own mind sharp. I love interacting with the students, but sometimes I do get frustrated at the lack of communication between the students and their professors. This was definitely a fun AND rewarding position
supportive managers-great co-workers - free quality education
Coordinator (Current Employee), River Forest, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: mission focused - free education for self and family
Cons: low pay
Great work life balance. I am fortunate to work for some wonderful deans who are/were focused and motivated. Best co-workers, supportive and friendly.
Time of transition
Director of Annual Giving Programs (Current Employee), River Forest, ILApril 22, 2014
In these time of transition, Dominican is a difficult place to work.
I loved the university setting and the job
head-hunted assistant professor and marketer (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: i could ask for hours that fit with being a single mother
Cons: dealing with one co-worker only out of 1000
Dominican University of California is a small private university that encouraged ideas from its employees. I am a natural born marketer so I helped grow the graduate humanities and history programs and changed the gender studies program from a minor to a major. I loved teaching. I still do.
Experienced mistreatment by my manager and H.R.
Admin (Former Employee), River Forest, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: no cultural diversity as they would like for you to believe
My experience as an employee was less than pleasant, and expressing my concerns to the H.R. mgr was pointless because my concerns fell on deaf ears.
good
Graduate Research (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great faculty memebrs
Cons: the commute
Great University to work for and to study in.
I had great experience
Higher Education
Assistant Dean (Current Employee), River Forest, ILOctober 16, 2013
Dominican is a Catholic University whose mission is uphold, truth, compassion and social justice.
Positive environment
Kitchen maintenance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: learned how a kitchen functions
I would clock in to work and begin washing dishes. I would sweep, mop and stock pots and pans when necessary. I learned about time management and how all parts of a kitchen are as important as any others. My managers were professional and friendly. My co-workers were energetic, and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was having to stay late if there were still more dishes to be cleaned. The most enjoyable part of the job working on occasion in the student lounge, serving smoothies.
Beautiful surroundings, great people, student life and location
Professor of Music theory, composition & software (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great place to work. beautiful campus, amazing scenery and location. good food on campus as well which is a big plus.
Cons: music lab out of date, piano lab out of date.
Wonderful co-workers, friendly environment. Good facilities, great music hall with plenty of concerts and performances on campus. Many opportunities to meet others whom you can learn from.
Encouraging and open-line communication
LEAD RESEARCH ASSISTANT & MAIN AUTHOR (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch & dinner...sometimes
Cons: no bonus or benefits besides experience and salary
Lots of support from faculty and students who work along with the business department get lots of help and insight.
A Humane School
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), CAMay 22, 2013
It's a small school, but everyone does his/her best to teach students.
Dominican University was an excellant environment to work in.
Student Assistant, Media Center (Former Employee), River Forest, ILMay 14, 2013
In my several positions at Dominican University I learned the skills I needed to be successful in my life outside of college. I learned how to take on and follow through on various projects, assist patrons in different aspects of customer service, and to work side-by-side with my equally-skilled co-workers to fulfill my obligations and keep things running.
Relaxed, Safe Workplace
Student Worker, Library Circulation Department (Current Employee), River Forest, ILMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great, understanding bosses.
Cons: long days
Working in the Rebecca Crown Library is a pretty nice job. A typical day at work involves shelving books, pulling articles, helping library patrons, using computer systems to aid patrons, as well a OCLC items.
Understanding work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), River Forest, ILMarch 27, 2013
The work environment was great. Everyone was always friendly. All supervisors were very understanding of student schedules and time.

Dominican University Salaries