Dominican University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and resourceful work enviroment
Village Coordinator and Student Employee (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJuly 8, 2016
A lot of the work is very routine. The overall pace of the work fluctuates (depending on the time of the school year). The management staff are respectful and assist students in as many ways that they can. Also, they create a safe and comfortable work environment. The most enjoyable part of my work study job is interacting with current and prospective students and families. Also, assisting in providing students with the appropriate resources and helping them in as many ways possible.
Depressing culture
Chemistry and Physics Faculty (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CA 94903June 25, 2016
Leadership understands there are competing forces on the ends of many continua, e.g. flexibility vs. rules, emotional intelligence vs. IQ, and diffusion of responsibility vs. accountability. Each could be characterized, in general, as relationship vs. task, respectively.

Leadership decisions are rarely black or white; decisions are best addressed by gathering all of the information in order to make decisions that lie on the continua, not at their extremes.

DU does not gather information (they don't formulate any questions b/c they erroneously belief they have all of the information), and as a result, their decisions are suboptimal.

Beware!!
Good
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 14, 2016
The work environment in this university is safe and good. The facilities are friendly. The community is very good.
Great Teaching Experiences
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILNovember 22, 2015
Great place to teach! Great opportunities to teach MSW students and to provide mentoring to students. Experienced teaching staff with clinical training!
Pros
great place to work
Cons
low salaries
Great Place to Intern For
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 21, 2015
Great place to intern for. Great work environment. I was fortunate enough to have a great supervisor who was willing to help me gain the skills I needed.
Pros
great employees
Cons
temporary position
Great learning enviornment & great educators
Student (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILAugust 19, 2015
Dominican was a great institution to receive my education. The coordinated internship was very helpful and gave real life experiences.
Pros
connections
Cons
tuition
Productive Work Place
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 8, 2015
I am in charge of supervising the students while they perform their weekly labs, ensuring safety in each protocol, and preparing the labs that the students perform. Preparing labs include checking all the chemicals to make sure their in stock, making all of the solutions, and ensuring all solutions were marked with the proper safety precautions.
The most enjoyable part is the real world application of my lab work.
Very nice people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILJanuary 19, 2015
I worked as a Grad Assistant at admin. position in my last semester. Had a great boss who let me work from home.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
A Good Place to Work
Disability Services, Peer Mentoring, PLA (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Dominican University of Ca is a good place to work. I have creative freedom with accountability. I like my job. I work in a beautiful setting with deer roaming the campus. Benefits are generous.
Pros
creative support, beautiful environment
Cons
would like more salary increases
Great Staff and Career
Head Coach Women's Soccer-Management (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 30, 2014
Inadequate resources to be successful. Great place, good people; however, it is impossible to live in San Rafael on the salary they pay. I have a family of 4 and can not afford to work at the University
Productive and rewarding opportunity to work here
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILNovember 3, 2014
Even though it was work study, there were many lessons that I learned by working here. Learning how to provided excellent customer service was our top priority. Along with technical support such as basic computer knowledge, Microsoft Office, Printing/Scanning services and managing phone services.
Great Job!
Green Business Certification Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 23, 2014
Learned a lot and was to apply theories/skilled gained through graduate program
Education institute with limited opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILAugust 27, 2014
Wish more practice could develop in the school financial department
Pros
nice campus
Cons
lower pay
Wonderful Place, Fun students
University Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 25, 2014
A typical day involves coming in to work, spending the next 4 hours of my day with enthusiastic college students, and help them with whatever they need help on. It's a great way to help others, while keeping your own mind sharp. I love interacting with the students, but sometimes I do get frustrated at the lack of communication between the students and their professors. This was definitely a fun AND rewarding position
Pros
keeping your mind sharp
Cons
could be boring when reviewing basic material for new students
supportive managers-great co-workers - free quality education
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJune 23, 2014
Great work life balance. I am fortunate to work for some wonderful deans who are/were focused and motivated. Best co-workers, supportive and friendly.
Pros
mission focused - free education for self and family
Cons
low pay
Time of transition
Director of Annual Giving Programs (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 22, 2014
In these time of transition, Dominican is a difficult place to work.
I loved the university setting and the job
head-hunted assistant professor and marketer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 15, 2014
Dominican University of California is a small private university that encouraged ideas from its employees. I am a natural born marketer so I helped grow the graduate humanities and history programs and changed the gender studies program from a minor to a major. I loved teaching. I still do.
Pros
i could ask for hours that fit with being a single mother
Cons
dealing with one co-worker only out of 1000
Experienced mistreatment by my manager and H.R.
Admin (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILFebruary 7, 2014
My experience as an employee was less than pleasant, and expressing my concerns to the H.R. mgr was pointless because my concerns fell on deaf ears.
Pros
free education
Cons
no cultural diversity as they would like for you to believe
good
Graduate Research (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Great University to work for and to study in.
I had great experience
Pros
great faculty memebrs
Cons
the commute
Higher Education
Assistant Dean (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILOctober 16, 2013
Dominican is a Catholic University whose mission is uphold, truth, compassion and social justice.

Dominican University Reviews by Location