Dominick's Finer Foods Employee Reviews

Great hours and pay
Stock Room (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 15, 2016
At work I spent most of my time in the back room. I learned how to price and sticker items. My managers were great and very skilled. I made many friends working at Dominick's Finer Foods. The hardest part about the job was being secluded but the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, hours and managers.
Pros
Back room skills
Cons
No customer communication
Very up going workplace to be in.
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 12, 2016
A typical day at Dominicks's finer foods consisted of helping customers, making sure cashiers and courtesy clerks took their breaks and at the end of the day counting down the cashiers drawers. I learend alot about how retail works. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure customers were happy with the service we provided.
High level retail environment
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILApril 13, 2016
I miss working for Dominick's. I found it rewarding in many ways and a fun and challenging environment. I was a jack of all trades there and assumed a lot of responsibility. I got along very well with my fellow employees and was valued by my supervisors. This was a union shop and we were well paid and had very good benefits. The company however was mismanaged and unable to compete with the growing competition in the grocery market.
Pros
Good pay/ Good work
Cons
Mismanagement
Was a fun place to work at
Cashier/Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 16, 2016
It was so long ago but I like working here because they worked with me about my scheduling around my family life. I had 4 small children at the time so I would work at night when my husband got home from work. My store Mngr. was good with that.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Having to work the 5pm-1am shifts
Enjoy the summer with a my peers and work professionally with the public
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2016
Ensure the safety of swimmers in around the pool area.
Teach swim lesion
Preform a in serves weekly
Keep swim area clean and safe professional
Pros
Working for the community
Cons
None!
Faced paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILFebruary 21, 2016
Managed a diverse group of people. Scheduled and staffed employees; coordinating vacations and days off. Prioritized, delegated tasks, and made sound decisions quickly and efficiently for a group of over 20 employees. Trained and developed new employees
Pros
Great balance of work and family responsibilities
Cons
No longer in business
great place to work
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 4, 2016
it was a good company till Safeway bought it and ran it into the ground i thought i was going to retier from there what can i say the place is closed and now me and a lot of friends are looking for the next good fit
family orientated store
Bookkeeper/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 25, 2016
it was a great place with opportunities to advance . However, I was not happy with the pay rate. I did enjoy the customers and the employees I worked with.
Fun Enviorment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Countryside, ILApril 19, 2016
Dominick's was a fun environment to work in, I loved the interaction with customers and making drinks. Starbucks is a fast paced, multi-tasking job that made the time go by fast
it was a typical job
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILMay 6, 2016
staff was fun to work with. managers knew what they were doing. wish it was still there but not anymore. didn't really have a problem
Good work place with great people.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2016
I started as a bagger and left the company as a department manager. My longest job where I was there over 9 years. I grow many long term friends there and very happy to say I work for Dominick's that long.
Helping people daily gave me a deep sense of satisfaction
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, IllinoisOctober 15, 2015
The most inspiring aspect of this job is literally learning something new everyday. Building relationships with repeat patients, introducing new patients to the quality of service my Pharmacists & I brought everyday was very satisfying.
Pros
Confidence our patients expressed in the staff
Cons
Not enough budget for Pharmacy advertising
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 25, 2016
This was a great place to work but sadly it is no longer in business. Which is sading because it was such a great place to work and had some of the best people you could work for and with.
Dominick's is gone
Administrative Assistant - Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 6, 2015
those were the best work days. Assisting Supervisors and Store Managers. Doing reports and getting their paperwork ready for their meetings. Dominick's closed and it was like a home to me. I feel lost. I am looking for a new home.
Pros
lunches, breakfast and bday cakes
Safeway told you all you need to know.
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 23, 2015
While I did not mind working at my store, and enjoyed my co-workers, the room for advancement seemed anemic at best and the overall management of the Dominick's brand was done so effectively that Safeway decided to sell off all the stores. That right there tells you all you need to know about corporate management.
Good place to work, great co-workers
Server/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 24, 2015
Overall a very fast and fun place to work. Loved my fellow co-workers and the money was decent. Holiday time was always chaos as the restaurant became very busy. Slow time during summer but picks up around the october.
Fun workplace
BAKERY DEPARTMENT-BAKER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at work is always greeting our customers and assisting them on a daily basis. You learn something new always when working in a grocery store. Management awesome. Co-workers always helpful and the hardest part of my day no such thing. Most enjoyable was always getting work done on time and satisfying the customers.
Pros
Great place
Cons
NA
the most enjoyable part of the job
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 3, 2015
Was a fun place to work, but suddenly company close the door. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.
good part time job
produce clerk ,stocking fruit, helping customers (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2015
good part time job. coworkers are friendly day would start loading up the floor with stock so people shopping will find what they are looking for to buy.
Love my Job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with my boss and my co-workers and I worked in the food business for most of my life and just love working with employees and helping our customers to help them get the best satisfaction from us .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Dominick's Finer Foods Reviews by Location