Position: Construction Project Manager/Project Engineer
Experienced construction project manager/project engineer needed for challenging role managing construction and renovation work. Must have 7 - 10 years of full time, multi-faceted construction management experience, in an environment of increasing responsibility. Requires previous experience with pharmaceutical, biotech or laboratory construction and renovation work as well as experience with process systems within a pharma environment. Special consideration given to candidates with strong hands-on field experience dealing with trades, resolving day to day conflicts and problems as well as having the requisite administrative and management skills. Must be able to work effectively as the client representative within a team consisting of design professionals, construction management firms and contractors. This individual will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Assist client in conceptually developing projects, including identifying drivers and facilitating value management reviews.
- Provide direction for the development of client’s funding approval documents.
- Recommend and implement client procurement strategy for design and construction management professionals.
- Generate purchase orders, contracts and processing same with project assistant.
- Lead and direct design efforts to ensure that a Project Specific Basis of Design is formulated to address client’s project objectives.
- Assist planning efforts with budget and schedule information for project development.
- Provide ongoing direction to design team during all project phases.
- Perform constructability reviews during design development to support future maintenance objectives and to avoid construction phase re-design and change orders.
- Review contract documents for compliance with code criteria, environmental regulations, OSHA compliance and conformance with LEED objectives.
- Track and manage spend and provide projections for ongoing budgetary controls
- Review client safety initiatives and provide oversight to construction manager’s safety team ensuring that proper safety plans have been implemented for all projects and compile monthly safety statistics.
- Work to ensure that design and construction teams maintain key owner schedule milestones for overall project success
- Review bid packages, bid lists and overall procurement process for construction execution activities. Make recommendations to client for procurement acceptance.
- Monitor progress of construction, to verify compliance with project documents, schedule objectives and quality standards.
- Review all field work for compliance and provide onsite problem resolution as needed.
- Ensure that the construction and design teams effectively manage the change order process, review RFI’s and provide timely shop drawing review and processing of submittals.
- Report to client on overall project success criteria including safety, cost, schedule, risk and quality.
- Lead project team and client representatives during commissioning, start-up and occupancy phases.
- Ensure that project close out adheres to client’s guidelines; including financial close, submission of all waivers of lien, guarantees and warrantees.
- Manage any other project drivers, issues, problems or challenges necessary to ensure a positive project outcome.
- Excellent time management / organizational skills.
- Previous experience with laboratory construction and renovation work.
- Process systems experience within a Pharma/Biotech environment.
- Ability to analyze information and make sound business decisions.
- Full understanding of construction project finances, ability to manage budgets and make sound decisions and recommendations to client.
- Demonstrated hands-on field experience and coordination expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with a team.
- Ability to multi-task and bring a variety of projects to completion.
- Effectively lead a team and inspire confidence in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes and OSHA Regulations.
Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Architecture/Construction Management or equivalent experience.
Interested candidates are asked to promptly forward their résumé in “Word” form for consideration
Indeed - 16 months ago
Dominion Consulting LLC
Professional Staffing Services:
Based upon your specific criteria, we search for and pre-qualify professional...