Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

20 hour days
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 25, 2016
20 hour days are the norm when working within the ForRent company. There is absolutely NO compensation, not even a thank you for all the overtime worked, but you are expected at your desk for your 8 hour shift.
Managers and Supervisors have their favorites that are able to call their own hours and are left alone accordingly. Manager offer no direction for the employees, only ridicule.
The "open door" policy that HR recommends is only the fast track to get an employee fired.
This company does not recognize their employees hard work and going above and beyond.
The only time you see the CEO is when he wants the employee to donate to United Way.
Pros
Casual attire, paid parking
Cons
Poor managment, non-existent CEO, long work hours, no appreciation
Improving Their Culture
Ad Operations and Technology (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 2, 2016
Overall, Dominion Enterprises is improving and innovating at an amazing rate when you consider who thrifty and budget-conscience the culture has been. Due to how many subsidiaries the company has, to rate DE would be unfair as each one operates as its own entity.

One of their particular subsidiaries is either one of their biggest revenue earners or possibly the biggest revenue earner. They have been close to being profitable as a subsidiary many times. Considering the high turnover rates in some of their smaller departments, the amount of resources used for on-boarding, background checks, salaries, vacations, and miscellaneous, they are constantly plagued with perpetuating new hires.

DE has been improving its company culture after a poor review from a former employee and it's evident in that the company slowly moving away from its conservative views to a semi-liberal view. This is not saying that the individuals themselves have transitioned, but the overall company culture has been now made aware that they are moving to a more liberal company.

Overall, my time at this department provided some technical work but not nearly as much as I have been accustomed in previous experiences. With that being said, I neither have bad or good feelings toward DE as a whole.
Pros
Some holidays off
Cons
Heavy workload with little room for promotions due to the small department
Management was great!
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working with such a great company, I was taught so much of the print industry, ad clicks key words and the importance of quality photo's to increase the traffic to your website and move the inventory quickly.
Overall a decent place to work, and I'd recommend to a friend.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 2, 2015
A lot of great people and a fun environment to work in if you consistently make your monthly sales goals. Great paid leave and benefits package. They offer numerous perks with a decent ability to move to other departments and/or advance.

While I was employed, there was a lot of turnaround, and at the same time, too many people who should have left or fired were allowed to stay longer than they should have been able to. At times, the sales goals were not reasonable with the products and territory we were given.

Management, listen to your sales staff more since they are the ones in the trenches and have a better understanding of what is going on with the team and with clients/products.
Pros
A lot of great people, a fun environment to work in if you consistently make your monthly sales goals, Great paid leave and benefits package, They offer numerous perks with a decent ability to move to other departments and/or advance.
Cons
There was a lot of turnaround, Many people who should have left or fired were allowed to stay longer, The sales goals were often not reasonable given the products/territory.
Company has lots of potential
Internet Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk,VaOctober 5, 2015
The company has lots of potential. Great work life balance. They provide membership discounts to local gyms. Good place to work.
Great Company
Human Resources- Benefits (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 23, 2015
Wonderful people, great products and good benefits. They have too many overpaid middle managers in general but they are working on that as are many businesses. This is a constantly evolving business that greatest strength lies in the ability change course quickly and easily.
Pros
fun atmosphere, good people, always interesting
Cons
no salary increases, too many layers of managers and directors
Productive and manageable work environment
Account Executive, Carloan.com (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 6, 2015
Easy environment to be a part of. Very fair and mindful of employees with many lunches and contests to gain morale. A good place to find a career.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
tough goals in sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  norfolk vaAugust 4, 2015
Great culture and good people. They really do a good job at mixing things up and letting you enjoy fun things throughout the year. If my division didn't shut down I would still be there!
Great company
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2015
The company was great to work for. I enjoyed the individuals that I worked with every day. However, I am looking for something more stable and career oriented.
Great experience
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2015
Good company to work for early out in your career, started as an intern and worked up to a full time position. A lot of face to face time with upper management as an unpaid position that really makes you feel like part of the team
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low Pay
Digital Marketing
Regional Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
A Regional Business Development Manager in the Georgia area focusing on generating and increasing sales opportunities, building an account base and retention. Focused on the hospitality industry with a suite of products such as Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Development Solutions, Reputation Management Solutions and Print Media.

I joined the company a year and seven months ago to gain knowledge of the products and how they can be used to support hotels with increasing revenue & occupancy. Renewals & retention are a key component to the job, and the most difficult part of the job is locating and keeping the customer engaged. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team spirit within the region. Everyone supports one another and making the job more productive as well as fun.
Pros
Two weeks vacation at start, Great Insurance, Home office
Cons
Print Deadlines
I enjoyed my time at Dominion
Reputation/Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2015
Dominion gave me the opportunity to gain knowledge in the reputation management industry. I enjoyed the opportunity to directly interact with my clients and handle their online presence with my personal expertise. There were great times at Dominion and always great learning experiences and team-building meetings.
Fulfilling
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 10, 2015
Busy and fast paced. I learned quite a bit about processing payments as well as researching them and resolving billing discrepancies. Co workers were good people to work with. Most were very supportive. Hardest part of the job was ability to keep up the pace. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with numbers.
Pros
good working hours, 1 hour lunch, friendships i made
Cons
fast paced
Be prepared for anything there
Lead Generations and Online Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 4, 2015
Life was really really tough there. You're always on pins and needles and that is the environment there. All I have to say.
Pros
a job
Cons
intimidating and hostile enviornment from the sales to the management
Unfortunately, Cut-throat
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 22, 2015
The work was challenging and rewarding which I attribute to the company's industry. Processes were defined but systems and associated documentation was hit-or-miss.

Management is very cut-throat so the culture is 'skeptical'.

Job Security and Advancement requires one to be rubbing elbows with Management no matter if you were skilled or knowledgable, etc.

Company uses Excel extensively allowing one to master the full functionality of the software.
Pros
fast moving industry requiring to always be on your toes
Cons
management lack of appreciation for skilled employees
Could be a good company, bad management
Product Develpment (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2015
This is a company that tries very hard. Unfortunately, the people that run the company from the top can't seem to get their front line management to actually listen to them. They set good standards, but middle management does not implement. No enforcement from the top.

Stingy and cheap: They put structures in place for advancement, but the old boys network at Employment Guide, For Rent, and Homes.com mean that you won't get anywhere unless you are out partying with the boys.

If you are a woman, forget it.

Managers are immature, advanced before they are ready, and poorly paid. The directors at the top create great management training programs, but don't enforce them and don't ask for refresher training.

Someone said "hostile environment" - yes, exactly.
Pros
hard to get fired. if you don't want to work hard and get bad pay, great place. decent home/work life balance
Cons
bad management, no respect for it staff, treat it like mushrooms (in the dark, covered in****)
Great Workplace
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2015
very good workplace and culture....pay could be higher and career growth just doesn't seem to be there....I think if they promoted more within it would give employees a more positive outlook on the company...other then that it's not a bad company to work for
Productive and Fun work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work will be. I will come in and rearrange my desk and cubicle from the previous day. Sign into my computer and check my email and see if i have any meetings for that day, along with any callbacks to clients, executives, or businesses. Get my work order and then sign into automatic dialer system to take calls for conferences. I learned that the job is very detailed and precised, along with being very challenging and overwhelming at times. Management was well trained and very hands on at all times. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with as well as very helpful at times during tender there. the hardest part of the job was the six week training process and probation period. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different types of ethnic groups, business, and geographic areas of the world, With different time zones.
Pros
paid vactions, free luncheons and banquets
Cons
health care, 401k, retirement program
Decent Place to Work but Low Salaries and Benefits
Marketing Solutions Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VAJanuary 19, 2015
Neither the wages or the benefits are competitive. It really is difficult getting the company to agree to hire more people so it is often a struggle having to do more work than is realistic. I would have to say that all of my direct managers have been wonderful even if upper management has unrealistic expectations.
A company that cares about their employees
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 13, 2015
A great company to work for that offers allot of diversity and opportunity.