Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

stressful
DBA The Employment Guide (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 7, 2018
management not play fair and was not based on hardwork but favortism and close due to newpaper dying era and went online only with most all accounts taken to corporate
Pros
unlimited sales
Cons
management
Section 8 apartment complex secretary.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 30, 2018
Worked with a manager to take applications and working to get housing for these people. Taking monthly rent payments and posting changes for circumstances.
Pros
Working with these people to find housing.
Cons
Was not able to attend management classes due to it going to a younger person
Changing Times
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2018
This is your typical print company trying to make the jump to digital. As print continued to shrink they keep moving from thing to thing to try to save it but it just didn't work.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Worked from home
Fun
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2018
A great place to work. There is a competitive salary and the benefits are excellent. The hours are great and you have the evening to yourself. Management is great.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Parking
Really bad senior management
Data Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIJanuary 7, 2018
Remote locations were much better. Corporate was toxic. Minimal advancement opportunities. Lots of politics. Small raises and under staffed. Benefits were good.
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 19, 2017
I have learned so quickly and it was my first time to work as an Account Receivable/Payable which I learned so quickly and helped other AP/AR employees. I was willing to learn more but it was just a temporary job from a job agency. The hardest part of the job was to locate each CITY CODE of REALTY, NAME OF APARTMENT, THE EXACT AMOUNT from the INVOICE.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slow paced job for me
Depends on the division, my experience management lacks communication skills, team playing, and the main focus is favortism
Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 18, 2017
Depends on which division you work with. The encountered job experience witnessed little communication between the various departments, within the departments, and absolutely lacks team players and/or big picture focus.

There are some very talented people working here but they are clearly undervalued. Management only speaks to favorites, does not communicate professionally, never offers critique to staff, lacks enthusiasm pertaining to job or team focus, ignores values, but in consideration the person is the head of the department and holds the title of Director, I chose to show respect, although no respect or communication in return, only humiliation.

When the director performed a layoff, there was a fair compensation but no notice, just a smirk that your out now and pack up quickly, nothing you did, just don't need you and your title anymore, not to mention no offers of support for future reference.
Pros
Great benefits, great location, and potentially a great place to work
Cons
Lacks team driven management
Good-work life balance but no advancement
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 3, 2017
Good Work- Life Balance. They are pretty relaxed. But there is a severe problem with management. They lack basic leadership skills like communication and vision. There is no transparency. Its all about who you know not what you know thats why management suffers. There is no career advancement and many people leave because they lack upward mobility.
good place to work for IT personel
Plant Manager, InterCo Print (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my 14 years with the company. Was fairly compensated and treated with respect. I liked working with the other divisions of the company. Management was always willing to listen
Very Competitive
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 3, 2017
Very Fun place to work , they are always celebrating their workers because everyone works to hard to meet the goal for every month. Sometimes if if your group meets their goal for a week you'll get a paid day off or you get to leave early or possible free lunch. They give our hour lunch breaks . Co-workers are very friendly and willing to help you . Its very competitive because its a sales job.
So far, so good
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2017
I took the job because my last one dried up. Dominion allows you to work outside, on your own, and for the most part, be left alone to complete the task. Keep communication open, do your job, and it's a pretty great job.
Moving from Print to Digital
User Experience Architect /Analytics Architect (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2017
Dominion Enterprises is having a difficult time moving from a print to a digital mindset. Certain divisions within Dominion are leveraging Business Intelligence, but can be unwilling to incur the costs of BI.
Pros
dress code is relaxed, good work life balance
Cons
Upper management still in print mindset
Fun place to work and a great start of career
Web Developer and Quality Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2017
It is a great place to start one's career as my learning curve was great during my internship. The management is slow in decision making and hiring process. Other than that, everything else is great.
I owned the company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAAugust 16, 2017
Of course I rated it high. I own it. This is a mandatory field that needs to show 150 characters minimum. It was my own company that had former colleagues and clients. Direct placement was the majority.
Good Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Competitive place to work and high paced. They provide good benefits. They spend time training their employees . Give Sales representatives opportunities to make bonuses.
Pros
Rewards and Bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks and high turnover
Interesting
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2017
Handled inbound and outbound calls regarding fraud, also evaluate ad placements. Receiving incoming complaint calls. Great group of representative and some managers.
Benefits
Awesome building
Senior Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 4, 2017
I was there when they first moved to downtown Norfolk and it truly is the building you want to be in. The location is 1 block from the mall and everything you need is there.
Pros
Great buiding
Cons
Management is insecure and micromanages because they are told that from the top. Turnover is HIGH.
Different type of work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
The major key for anything to be successful is communication and that is one thing this job really lacked. It was almost impossible for me to get work done or learn anything when your told one thing and told to do a different way 3 different times for the same thing.
Pros
different scenery, try different cars
Cons
weather
Difficult place to work
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2017
I was there during the economic crash of 2008. I ran the only department that showed a 10% increase in sales while all other departments were loosing year over year. The requirement was still an increase of 30% which was just unrealistic given the economy at that time.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
unrealistic expectations (during the recession)
Comfortable yet?
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 26, 2017
Your customers are the best, the products are good. Constantly changing territory lines, pay plans, and procedures do not always benefit the sales producers here. Don't get too comfortable. It's about to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.