Dominion Resources

Dominion Resources Employee Reviews

Stable job and decent benfits but limited growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: work life balance, job stability
Cons: growth opportunities limited
Good work life balance, decent benefits. However growth opportunities not keeping up with time. Nice team environment. Excellent benefits at executive level.
Nuclear Security
Fire Brigade & Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee), Kewaunee, WIMarch 2, 2014
Pros: excellent training
Cons: poor money management within the company
Relatively boring job with great training and compensation. With all security boring is good. I worked alongside some great people who worked as a team to see theirs and my success. The hardest part of the job was ensuring you were alert and ready for anything and nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great pay and many days off.
Challenging place to work, which I enjoyed
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee), Mt. Storm Power StationJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good pay and co-workers
Cons: no life outside of work
Doing daily checks of power plant systems, co-workers were great management was ok, the hardest part of this job was trying to balance work and family. The best part was the daily challenges.
Friendly place to work with an emphasis on Safety in your training programs.
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Chester, VAJune 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: the distance from my house was my only complaint: 55 minutes driving.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Dominion. Being electrically oriented, I felt that this was a perfect jobfit for me. It was very enlightening to see the application of the technologies used in the Industrial World to the Power Industry.
A Fortune 500 Company who values their employees
IT Asset Analyst / Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 20, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, great benefits, stock buying program that has dividends for all shareholders, company picks up my parking garage fees each month.
Cons: paying tolls to get to work
I work in IT and have seen the company go through many technology changes in a short amount of time. We have a dedicated team of workers in a variety of different IT roles. IT is one of the main core departments that is always on the leading edge of technology. Our mission for our internal and external clients is to always keep the company and all it's data safe, secure and available. There are many policy compliance rules we must follow on Company, State and Federal levels. NERC & FERC policies are always creating secure guidelines to keep all data safe & secure. We always have to be on the look out for vulnerabilities or cyber attacks. Our team plans and works together to meet all customer expectations in a timely manner. My current role allows me to analyze what hardware and software our employees need. We must utilize existing equipment to save money, but also, keep all hardware and software up to date. Overall, I love being in a position where I'm always learning about new technology.
Great commpany to work for, wonderfull people !!
STATION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Hammond, InApril 16, 2013
Pros: nothing be good can't say enough
Great company !!!!!! Great job !! Would still be working there today had not the generating plant closed
Overall a good place to work
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee), Mineral, VANovember 1, 2012
Nuclear plant - good place to work. Strong Values, good comp/benefits.
Great Company
Senior Business Performance Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, stability, people
Cons: compensation, little value on diversity (cultural and ideals)
Dominion is a great company with that values their employees and a work/life balance.

The one thing they lack is competitive compensation. There is still too much of a "Take it or leave it" attitude towards compensation which I'm afraid is someday going to really burn this company.

Other than that, it has been a great place to work. There are hundreds of great, hard-working employees at Dominion that contribute to making it a great place to work.

About Dominion Resources

And darkness shall have no dominion, as long as Dominion Resources powers lights across the territory it serves. Dominion is one – Read more