Dominion Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Highly motivative and productive environmet.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2016
The people in the IT department were great to work with.
Management had pretty much a hand off approach as long as the projects were completed on time and under budget.
Productive and learnable place to work
Elect. QC Inspector and Electrician (Former Employee) –  Surry,VaJune 18, 2015
Get job assignment, review work package. support craft on QC hold points and enter into logs for notifications.

Electrical receive work order packages, review package and procedure, walk down tag out, walk down job sight. Return to shop and sign in on tag out, gather tools and go to work.

My supervisor was very responsible in looking at the work package prior and talking about it with you.

Hardest part of thejjob was waiting on operations to tag out components and allowing you to go to work.

Enjoyable part was knowing that you have completed you job in a good fashion and when it was returned to service no problems.
Pros
Very learnable job
Cons
Dressing out for contaimated areas to work
Excellent place to work.
Facilities Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2016
Dominion Resources is in most cases a fast-paced, safety-minded place to work. One never knows what to expect when he/she arrives at work. The jobs are extremely diverse, including: Electrical, Heating and Air maintenance, mold removal, painting, laying carpet, and even animal control. Generally, the Chain-of-Command runs very efficiently. Only on few occasions did it go way off course, Education is highly stressed, time-in-service is not even considered in job promotions no matter how good a worker is. Management, as a whole, is excellent. They know their jobs well and it shows by the productivity of those under them. Again, there are exceptions. Most of the time they will leave one alone as long as the job is being done safely. Co-workers usually work well together with only a few altercations. For the most part, there were no real hard parts of the job other than occasionally having to fit into extremely tight spaces to accomplish a job. The location of the office building on the James River was the best part of the job to me with a close second of the kindness and support of the executive staff and the other employees at Dominion Resources/Dominion Virginia Power. I learned a great deal at Dominion. Not only in how to perform my job, but, also on how to interact with people, both at and away from work.
Pros
Dominion is willing to pay for a person's education if they are willing to study hard.
Stable job and decent benfits but limited growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 24, 2015
Good work life balance, decent benefits. However growth opportunities not keeping up with time. Nice team environment. Excellent benefits at executive level.
Pros
work life balance, job stability
Cons
growth opportunities limited
Nuclear Security
Fire Brigade & Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIMarch 2, 2014
Relatively boring job with great training and compensation. With all security boring is good. I worked alongside some great people who worked as a team to see theirs and my success. The hardest part of the job was ensuring you were alert and ready for anything and nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great pay and many days off.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
poor money management within the company
Great Company
Senior Business Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2012
Dominion is a great company with that values their employees and a work/life balance.

The one thing they lack is competitive compensation. There is still too much of a "Take it or leave it" attitude towards compensation which I'm afraid is someday going to really burn this company.

Other than that, it has been a great place to work. There are hundreds of great, hard-working employees at Dominion that contribute to making it a great place to work.
Pros
work/life balance, stability, people
Cons
compensation, little value on diversity (cultural and ideals)
Friendly place to work with an emphasis on Safety in your training programs.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 19, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Dominion. Being electrically oriented, I felt that this was a perfect jobfit for me. It was very enlightening to see the application of the technologies used in the Industrial World to the Power Industry.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the distance from my house was my only complaint: 55 minutes driving.
Challenging place to work, which I enjoyed
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mt. Storm Power StationJuly 23, 2013
Doing daily checks of power plant systems, co-workers were great management was ok, the hardest part of this job was trying to balance work and family. The best part was the daily challenges.
Pros
good pay and co-workers
Cons
no life outside of work
Great commpany to work for, wonderfull people !!
STATION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hammond, InApril 16, 2013
Great company !!!!!! Great job !! Would still be working there today had not the generating plant closed
Pros
nothing be good can't say enough
Overall a good place to work
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Mineral, VANovember 1, 2012
Nuclear plant - good place to work. Strong Values, good comp/benefits.
A Fortune 500 Company who values their employees
IT Asset Analyst / Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2013
I work in IT and have seen the company go through many technology changes in a short amount of time. We have a dedicated team of workers in a variety of different IT roles. IT is one of the main core departments that is always on the leading edge of technology. Our mission for our internal and external clients is to always keep the company and all it's data safe, secure and available. There are many policy compliance rules we must follow on Company, State and Federal levels. NERC & FERC policies are always creating secure guidelines to keep all data safe & secure. We always have to be on the look out for vulnerabilities or cyber attacks. Our team plans and works together to meet all customer expectations in a timely manner. My current role allows me to analyze what hardware and software our employees need. We must utilize existing equipment to save money, but also, keep all hardware and software up to date. Overall, I love being in a position where I'm always learning about new technology.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great benefits, stock buying program that has dividends for all shareholders, company picks up my parking garage fees each month.
Cons
paying tolls to get to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Resources. Our community is ready to answer.