Dominion Virginia Power

Dominion Virginia Power Employer Reviews

Clean and relaxed work place
Energy Advisor - Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: frequent employee lunch provided, many holidays off
Cons: mandatory overtime with bad weather
Work always started in an environment filled with productivity, ethnicity, and respect. I learned and developed strong and valuable communication skills under different circumstances. Management was always supportive and informative. Co-workers were diverse friendly, and respectful. Most difficult part of work would often come down to relaying bad news – more... to customers. Most enjoyable part of the work experience was all the opportunities given to learn. – less
Great company to work for.
Billing Administrator-Specialized Billing (Current Employee), VAJanuary 21, 2014
I have had a wonderful experience working with Dominion. With our current economic situation, all companies are faced with challenges. Dominion has made plans and stayed focus throughout all challenges.
Delivery Design Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Worked in delivery design. Was able to have a lot of freedom and exercise own choices to do work. Awesome pay, relaxed atmosphere. Highly efficient, culture focused on doing the job right for the customer, not budgets.
Delivery Design Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Good solid work place
Systems Operator (Current Employee), Herndon, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: sitting 24/7. work life balance
I work in the operations department where we work 24/7. Storms are a must work. the work/life balence is somewhat non-existant. working weekends and nights are tiring.
Dominion is an employee advocate
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 16, 2013
Once you are employed with Dominion they work consistently to move you forward on the corporate ladder and train/educate each employee for advancements.
Human Performance Coordinator (Former Employee), Mineral, VAMay 2, 2013
Great company to work for with a lot of fantastic people. Everyone in the station always seemed willing to help others out even in other departments. A lot of unity.

Pressure was huge when things didn't go right. Everyone pitched in and was expected to work some long days.

Some of the entry level jobs were difficult to progress out of if you were – more... looking for advancement only because there were 100 people in your department with exactly the same skills and experience. You had to bring something from a previous job, do independent study, or volunteer for some of their process improvement tasks. – less
Greatest grown obtained while working here.
Administrative Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 18, 2012
Pros: varied work, outside travel and training, personal and professional growth.
Cons: location
In a department employing 7 clerks, mine was the only position which was completely unique. I was allowed to learn a system and become the "go-to" person for all outside vendors using this billing system. I was in charge of maintaining and updating all contractual changes into the system so billing would be done at most current rates.

My boss and I – more... traveled throughout several states, providing training to the office staffs of many companies who did tree trimming work for our company. – less
gained experience communicating with customers to make them happy and learning new commputer systems.
customer service representative (Former Employee), richmond, vaJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: working in major snow storms around the clock.
I gained valueable on the job experience working with customers in resolving issues on their bill. Dominion has a great training program before you begin customer service phone calls. I also learned two different computer systems to use for people's bills. I enjoyed working there and meeting new people.