Dominion Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 7, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about UDR. There are no complaints by my part and to be honest, they will take care of you in terms of pay and work environment
Pros
good pay
Great Company
Administrative Assistant - Process Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2017
Working for Dominion energy has been a wonderful experience for me. I have been given the opportunity to use my extensive administrative experience to streamline processes. I have upgraded my SAP skills while preparing invoices for vendor specific programs.
Pros
Great teamwork
fun yet hard
Weld shop help (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2017
A good place to work, great place to intern. great people to work with learned a lot. Hard work but you learn fast as everyone is willing to help. really good place.
Quickpaced
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2017
The pay was really good. Just too many hours worked per week, it was 84 hours a week. No days off. The hardest part of the job was working 12 on the night shift.
First Job
SQL Database Administrator/SQL DBA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2017
My First Job as DBA in the beginning very nervous and confuse but thanks of the manager and coworkers to teach me a lot and make me comfortable DBA thanks.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2017
Great Benefits and a good company. Participated in a wealth of focus groups and provided feedback for the company. Perfect organization to express ideas
Great work life balance
TREASURY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2017
Very professional work place with plenty of work to do therefore the day flies by. The company is very supportive when it comes to family time and also providing volunteer time to the community. Having the option to work from home during inclement weather or when young kids are not feeling well is great for working parents.
Good pay, slow pace
Biologist I (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2017
With such a large company, you get great stability, along with great compensation and benefits. However, the slow pace and outdated culture can be difficult.
great resume builder
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2017
I loved working for Dominion. It was a great learning experience and I would recommend to anyone looking to build their resume and explore a new field.
productive and flexible
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 2, 2017
Fun place to work. management was flexible so long as work was done and end of day tasks were completed. Great environment very friendly. Family oriented
Pros
Free lunches, time off
Cons
Commute
Good place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work the only issue which may concern me only pay rate is low and the number of pay working hours. It essentially the school a very good place students in and around the district
Pros
good culture
Cons
low wages for IAs
The position was face paced but not extremely stressful.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2017
It was part time through a temporary agency so I didn't have benefits. I learned a lot about the power business encompassing what happens when a grid goes down and the long hours workers have to put in in inclement weather.

My immediate manager was very good to work for and the workplace culture good.

The hardest part of the job was straightening the supply room. It was dusty and very unorganized.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and learning a new business.
Pros
Good people to work with, learning culture, and patience from my manager.
Cons
Not enough hours, no benefits
Electrician
Electrician II (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 15, 2017
Work was challenging and fun. the work environment wasn't the greatest but pay and co-workers were good. oppertunityes for advancement were plentiful.
fun and secured
Security Officer & Alarm Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WISeptember 11, 2017
dominion was a place that I can enjoy of working for. I like to go to work everyone. I happy to met people every day. Make friends and enjoy working with them all.
Cons
Best job i ever had! I will retire here.
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 28, 2017
Relaxing, best job I ever had. Raises every year, and bonuses. Great health insurance. Company picnics, cookouts. Everyone is friendly. And the pay is awesome!
Pros
Free lunch, at training, and they also will pay you a food allowances
Great
Radiation Protection Intern (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIAugust 19, 2017
I worked at Dominion Energy`s Kewaunee Power Station for 9 months. During my time there, I was an intern in the Radiation Protection department. I learned a lot and genuinely liked my coworkers.
Pros
Paid Internship
Cons
Good company, job satisfaction depends on work group
ENGINEER III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2017
Good company with decent benefits. Every year benefits decrease and employee contributions increase. The work is interesting but the work load is ever increasing with less and less employees to share the load. Pay is decent but below industry average.

Lots of smart experts and nice people but the younger generation of employees don't get training and want more for less work and effort.

Overall a good place to work but it is highly dependent on whether or not you have a good boss and coworkers in your group.
good work
pipehand (Former Employee) –  Surry, VAAugust 2, 2017
i had a good overall experience working at dominion nuclear power plant. i suggest it to anyone trying to get into the construction field if the opportunity arises.
Pros
good work
Cons
long days
Dominion Energy
Nuclear Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mineral, VAJuly 30, 2017
My overall experience with the company has been good. The most enjoyable part of my work day is getting to be around fellow co-worker's. The hardest part of the job is the shift work schedule.
Great company to work for
Nuclear Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIJuly 25, 2017
It was very rewarding to work for Dominion for me personally. I learned the importance of dedication, being very detail oriented, and staying objective in all projects. I truly learned how to be a professional in my time with Dominion.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
work schedule (weekends/holidays)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion. Our community is ready to answer.