Dominion

Dominion Employer Reviews

Boring..
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 26, 2014
I simply did the same thing over and over again. They never checked behind me.
Great learning experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAOctober 6, 2014
This company hired me off the street and has trained me to work on gas compression engines and gave me great trouble shooting skills. There have been opportunities for advancement to the supervisor role I now hold as one who manages three different repair crews in the area.
Fun & quite place to work
Fitness Center Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: early day
Cons: empty during the day
I Interned at Dominion Power for an class. Cleaned equipment, taught interval intensity classes and conduct fitness challenge for a Fortune 500 company.
stable and familar
Nuclear Quality Specialist III (Former Employee), North Anna Nuclear StationJune 27, 2014
Pros: secure
Cons: average payscales
Nuclear Oversight at Dominion is a great way to learn the basics of Nuclear QA.
Political Environment
HR (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 6, 2014
Pros: not a difficult work
Cons: political in some spaces
I was treated very well but they need to update the work space. They need to become more progressive to gain younger talent.
Productive environment with safety being of paramount concern.
IT Contractor and LAN Administrator (Former Employee), Surry, VAApril 30, 2014
Check, upgrade, and manage computers on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning about nuclear power plants.
Would not want to have a full time job with Dominion. Supervisors did not have enough experience to be supervisors.
Assist operators (Former Employee), New Martinsville, WVFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very challenging job. Did not have enough people to safely operate such a large plant
overall a good company to work for
first class welder / fabricater (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: provided meals when working overtime
Cons: expected to work double shifts without adequite workforce
Provided a good atmosphere for productivity and promoted working as a team.
Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Finance Professional
Sr. Loan Officer / Loan Processor Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, TexasNovember 19, 2013
Conduct real estate brokerage services as “one-stop-shop” concept to service residential and commercial customers in financing and purchasing real estate.

Over 13 years experience in the mortgage industry as loan originator and loan processor. Extensive knowledge of FHA, VA and conventional financial guidelines. Knowledgeable in closing and funding – more... multi-state loans (wet and dry state guidelines). Specialize in originating conforming, non-conforming and correspondent loans. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of mortgage loan documentation and closing/funding processes. – less
Telecommunications and Electronics Technician
Groundman (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 24, 2013
I have learned numerous concepts in the telecommunications and electrical distribution industry. I have learned to work in a very diverse environment, get along well with all that I encounter and have had lots of training on Diversity, code of conduct, and workplace safety. I have always worked in a technical background and even managed others. I have – more... a strong passion to learning something new and also utilizing my skills and knowledge to train others. – less
Process Assistant III (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 6, 2013
Great Team work at this company. Fun place to work. Very productive
Excelllent company with a clear set of standards and expectations.
Electrical Procedure Writer (Current Employee), Kewaunee, WISeptember 7, 2013
Pros: professionally and financially rewarding.
Cons: high expectations with low threshold for accepting mistakes.
This has been the most challenging, but also the most rewarding job I have ever had. I feel so fortunate to have been part of an organization that is structured in way where everyone is set up to succeed. The expectations are clear for every aspect of your job. People are encouraged to coach one another when they see the performance of someone that – more... is not meeting expectations and the person receiving the coaching is expected to accept it in a respectful manner. – less
Lack of advancement, local mgmt not qualified
Operations/Maintenance (Current Employee), Somerset, MAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: pay is ok.
Cons: morale low, lack of promotions, unqualified mgmt
This location has a complete lack of skilled management. A mechanical supervisor was promoted from the ranks, but never even qualified as a level 1 technician. Plant manager was also promoted from the ranks but has no management education. The decisions are "shoot from the hip" style and it's a culture of "let's see what happens". Nothing is figured – more... out and the results from major decisions are not calculated ahead of time. Management makes million dollar mistakes that go unpunished but yet nickle and dime the workers every chance they get. The vast majority of the workforce, from the 1st line supervisors to the janitors, has a "who cares" attitude, and it doesn't seem like it will get better. Safety has a "blame the worker" policy and have disciplined workers after they had an accident. I don't think corporate knows what goes on at this facility. – less
fun work place with pool tables
builder (Former Employee), Mineral, VAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free breakfast and lunches
Cons: one day off
unload supplies from container, and build. how to build upside down and hanging from a tie off. management was ok wasn't really there. co-workers were the best I've ever worked with. hardest part was being away from my family a 100% of the time
Highly qualified employee, working as a team in a safe, secure environment.
Process Assistant III (Former Employee), Kewaunee, WIJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great benifits and incentives
Invovled in all aspects of office organization, with a unique work environment. Empolyees are self-motivated and self-starters. Highly secure organization and highly efficient.

Safety is top priority and is communicated daily to all of management and employees, including outside contractors.
Good people to work around.
Inspector (Former Employee), Bentleyville, PAJuly 2, 2013
The co-workers worked as a team. All meetings were productive and informative. If questions were asked, answers and support were given.The hardest part of the job was making sure foremen understood the procedures that were acceptable. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Customer service in excellence
Universal Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 30, 2013
Dominion Power customer service department receives electric calls from majority of Virginia and 1/3 of North Carolina, and gas calls from West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
Dominion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: good hours, good co workers
Cons: temp, long lunches, laid me off
I answered calls for customers who needed to make payments, and transferred them to other departments.
Outstanding
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Glen Allen,VAMarch 21, 2013
I did an outstanding job at Dominion Power. I think i learned the most under there customer service administrators. they taught me alot.
Lousy place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: lousy work conditions, bad management, poor treatment of employees
Management was oblivious to worker needs and manipulative of current economy vis-a-vis its demands on employees. Poor pay, no opportunities for advancement. No pros, all cons.

1 2 3

About Dominion

Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000 megawatts – Read more