Dominion Employee Reviews

It was very good
Grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 13, 2017
The company was hood to work for but if the upper on site mangement had a problem with you for any reason then you were pushed out the door
It's okay if you need to make the money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Fast past company. Calls are back to back. That is all I have to say. Very strict with policy and the dress code is doesn't make sense, since you won't see any customers.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Excellent work environment
Executive Assistant (retired) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Free parking. Friendly coworkers, always willing to help and support. Generous vacation and sick leave policy.
Great place to begin a career
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2017
i loved working at dominion power and would love to go back. i would highly recommend dominion power to anyone seeking a job
Great benefits/pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 28, 2016
Great benefits and pay. Long hrs/minimum time for personal time.
This is a great company to work for. Job advancement, great pay and benefits. There are long hrs and plenty of emergent issues that arise. The job is very dangerous and requires 100% attention to detail. Overall although stressful, the benefits and pay along with advancement opportunities make it a great career opportunity.
Pros
Great benefits/pay
Cons
Dirty/hot
not a very fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PADecember 19, 2016
my review is this company had a lot of clicks and if you didn't fit into one of these clicks you were basically ignored. BEing in charge of all the office get-togethers was a job within itself and to add that to the workload I already had it got frustrating.
Good people
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHDecember 8, 2016
Great company, good people, good management. Well trained staff and they are willing to listen to their employees and resolve any issues that arise with courtesy to everyone involved
Great
Store Keeper (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 14, 2016
Dominion Power is a veteran friendly company. They try very hard to help provide a safe working environment. They offer their employees an opportunity to invest in stock as well as give comprehensive medical packages. This is a four star company that will do their best to work with you when outside life gets in the way. The management is top tier in my opinion. However, I don't feel it is a company with much room for advancement
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Not many opportunities to advance into Supervision or Education
This Is a Good company
Store Keeper (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAOctober 28, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Dominion but I feel this is a place I want to make a career ,really due to the lack of team work and poor attitudes. I have been here for four year and tried to change that culture to no avail. Typical work day is 8 hrs. there are 12 hr. shifts that can last up to 90 days or more straight. The co workers are older and set in their ways. They are close minded and disrespect the supervision. the Hardest part is staying silent and not defending supervision when they are disrespected and to let them deal with it. Interacting with the customers and exceeding their expectations. Putting smiles on their faces or making someone laugh. I really commend this company for its dedication to the safety of the employees. When I was out once with personal issues I received a personal card from management. This speaks volumes about a company.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
The lack of team work
enjoyed working for Dominion
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 13, 2016
I have worked as a contractor and direct employee for Dominion over the years. They are focused on safety and the community. I hope to return to work for them in the future.
The closer , trains agent while getting the INK
Senior Right of Way Agent III (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 10, 2016
The #1 closer on project, streamlined process from courthouse research to , dealing with landowners and getting the INK,, efficiency expert ability to trim the fat out of a project
Challenging and rewarding
Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 10, 2016
You will me great people. Just have the mindset of approaching challenges with the wiliness of wanting to help a person change into what they desire to be
Dominion
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy my position with dominion and the trainers and supervisors are awesome as well. The company is very well fit if you have a busy schedule. They allow you to make your own schedule and it is an actual certified legit work at home job..I love it
Great place to work!
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2016
This company has a great work-life balance and the leadership is innovative and top-notch. I'm able to work normal hours and I have the ability to have every other Friday off.
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits and leadership
Cons
Conservative culture that is changing slowly
Not a very diverse group
Maintenance Procedure Writer III (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 13, 2016
The culture is broken.
If you are not from Niantic CT or the surrounding or from the Navy, this company will not hire you.
The will give you a very long contract. They want the work to be done and they take the time to do it.
I liked it there, but I got tired of people asking me 'what kind of black person I am."
Highly secured location beautiful place to work everyday, even though it is a nuclear plant.
Family feel that made going to work rewarding
Process Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday and supporting component and system engineering! Loved doing outage jobs. Great team participation.
Pros
Whole family feel
Cons
Plant closed
a good team work environment
Outage In-processing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 22, 2016
a good team work environment, safety first.

teaching skills

management was there when i needed them

co-workers were easy to work with.

the hardest part of the job is seeing someone else fail

the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with great people.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Innovative Company
Gas Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Dominion Resources is a great place to work. In an ever changing industry Dominion continues to stay ahead of the curve.
Overall great company
lineman /trouble man contractor oversitr (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 14, 2015
typical utility ,lots of over time storm work and customer problems .for the most part a great place to learn the trade .thru out my career I was exposed to high voltage work both over head and underground, substation and much trouble work 40 kv gloving and switching form 500kv 110
not a good work iife balance and extremly hard to advance
lineman/ auger operator / serviceman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 8, 2015
Its an ok company but has become really hard for anyone who wants to have a family or if you don't want to practically life there don't expect much advancement opportunities..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion. Our community is ready to answer.