Dominion Employee Reviews in United States

a good team work environment
Outage In-processing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 22, 2016
a good team work environment, safety first.

teaching skills

management was there when i needed them

co-workers were easy to work with.

the hardest part of the job is seeing someone else fail

the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with great people.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Overall great company
lineman /trouble man contractor oversitr (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 14, 2015
typical utility ,lots of over time storm work and customer problems .for the most part a great place to learn the trade .thru out my career I was exposed to high voltage work both over head and underground, substation and much trouble work 40 kv gloving and switching form 500kv 110
Family feel that made going to work rewarding
Process Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday and supporting component and system engineering! Loved doing outage jobs. Great team participation.
Pros
Whole family feel
Cons
Plant closed
not a good work iife balance and extremly hard to advance
lineman/ auger operator / serviceman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 8, 2015
Its an ok company but has become really hard for anyone who wants to have a family or if you don't want to practically life there don't expect much advancement opportunities..
High Volume Call Center
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 26, 2015
I process calls with an upbeat and friendly attitude. Assist customers with balances, payment arrangements, and any information needed on their accounts. I also process gas orders by turning off, transferring, or turning on gas.
Pros
Monday - Friday schedule
Cons
No benefits
Innovative Company
Gas Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Dominion Resources is a great place to work. In an ever changing industry Dominion continues to stay ahead of the curve.
Productive workday
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAJuly 31, 2015
As a supervisor in the gas processing plant, I supervised approximately six workers,overseeing the flow of the methane gas through the facility.I made sure that safety was always maintained,and that proper checks were made at necessary times by myself and the lead people.
Pros
the pay rate.
Cons
plant breakdowns
productive
Associate abap consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2015
I worked as an Abap consultant and was supporting an existing project. worked on adobe forms and web services.Worked on HCM integration using webdynpro abap.
Cons
no growth in career
Productive and fun workplace with a great family environment
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Dominion, VASeptember 2, 2015
Great place to learn and grow. Wonderful place to retire from. Great benefits and supervision appeared to be pro work/life balances.
Challenging day to day Duties with maximum management oversite
Senor Techincal Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIAugust 17, 2015
I started off with one management company with a great deal of mutual professional respect. Most work involved self directed activities to accomplish aggressive goals. Working with plant workers seemed a bit difficult at first. When I proved my abilities to the workers they came on board and supported the efforts I developed and coordinated our efforts to provide Quality Instruction which improved their skills and knowledge.
When The last management company came on board and bought the plant things gradually started to loose focus and ended up being a single focus on perfection and no one was meeting expectations based on a set of standards few understood or could meet. Thats when I developed a mock up lab to enhance safety and procedure use and practice. This seemed to improve things but was short lived due to focus of ultra perfection standards that were introduced.
Pros
Ability to develop new ideas and mock ups
Cons
Standards and procedures that slowed roductivioty
A secure place to work, BUT....
Non-Union Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2015
...Overall, Dominion is a solid place of employment, but many are left feeling overworked and underpaid, especially in the non-revenue generating service areas of the business.

There are also a good number of solid performers that are treated as afterthoughts by leadership simply because they don't fit into the classic management mold or are just excellent in one trade versus good in multiple areas. But that's probably most places in corporate America though.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salary, Work-life balance
Great Company to work for.
Lead Maintenance Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia City Hybrid Energy CenterAugust 3, 2015
Great Safety culture, great ethical company with a strong diverse workforce, Potential for growth. Friendly work place, great training experience, and great pay.
Great place to work and learn
Junior Radiation Protection Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIAugust 6, 2015
Staff very helpful and willing to teach new skills
Management open to new ideas and they help you grow
Excellent place to work.
Site Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Selmer, TNAugust 26, 2015
Worked on a solar farm job. Short term assignment, but it was a great place to work and my co-worker was excellent to work with.
My summary is that of an excellent and superb company.
Underground Lineman 1st Class (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 19, 2015
Troubleshooting was the most vital job I learned. I simply enjoyed my job and thoroughly enjoy working with my fellow crew members. I always looked forward to the job and its challenges and overall experience.

I would encourage or recommend anyone to pursue Dominion VA Power for its superb training offered and dynamic management whose in charge of overall the company and its employees.
Productive workplace
Manager - Training and Development (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2015
Tenured organization
Safety focused
Values technical knowledge and expertise
Limited leadership development
Limited work/life balance due to nature of business
Great career goals
Fulltime -40hrs (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2015
Here is where I started my career. Working for Dominion I've learned a great deal about the corporate world. The company provided me with a lot of training that will help me in my career.
Enjoyed my time at Dominion
Numerous positions (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
Great company to work for. They value longevity and provide an atmosphere to work and enjoy the work/life balance. Overall great experience.
Great pay but terrible guidance and training
Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 13, 2015
The management was not clear on their expectations and did not provide the guidance and training necessary to excel at the position.
Support customers, safety focused, and stable
Sr. HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work, challenging position, and lots of great people.

A typical day entails working with the business units to find the kind of candidates that meet their needs.