Dominium Management Services Employee Reviews

Horrible
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
Horrible company to work for and the management don't care about their workers at all. The regional manager sucks taking care of business when she's called and everyone is unprofessional.
Bad
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2017
Not a good company. HR don't even listen to employees and over time they don't go based upon what law says...i know I spoke to labor board. They ride you on the beginning and promise to pay more. Oh but you get a bag and one cookie
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management was constantly changing making stability impossible.
Apartment Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 11, 2017
Dominium Management had C-B rated properties. With a new property manager every couple months it was hard to develop lasting working relationships. Process for repairs and maintenance were very unorganized.
Pros
Free reign to make sound decisions for the company and residents.
Cons
Instability, unpredictability, unstable, hostile, always handling unhappy residents due to the lack of stability in the property management.
its great working experince
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZApril 20, 2017
nothing is wrong with the job just want to do something different its easy relaxing theres no coplaint at all i love everythng about the job just wanna do something different
Assistant Manager
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 12, 2016
Don't do it. This place is a time bomb waiting to explode. They can't keep good people ever. They make you work so much and don't want to pay you. The stress level is out of this world and all they do is micromanage you from the corporate office. I loved what I did but the company no way and they do not promote from within. They will work you to death and then tell you your not qualified to move up even though you have been doing all the work. Don't do it save yourself from the stress and time bomb company.
Care Taker
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILAugust 30, 2016
The community manager was great and the lead maintenance who trained was great also. Awesome place to work . New property management took over not that long ago so alot turn over units which means you will be working full-time hours until beginning of next year. Which is good if you like making money Most likely we'll be working 8:00-5:00 shift .
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
The hours 8:00-5:00 shift
Over stressed over worked under paid no hep from upper management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2016
When first starting out with this company they fill you with fluff saying all these great things that they do and how good they treat their residents and will do a lot for them. False. They will come in but a new property and come in with an iron fist and it's their way or the highway. Training is a joke. You sit a week at the home office and better not have questions after that because you will be on your own and god forbid you have a crisis at your property because they will act like they care but shove everything on your shoulders and if you don't do everything perfect then you're horrible you can literally beg you regional for help and you'll get "hang in there your doing fine" as an answer. You will be told one thing and you tell your residents that then the complete opposite happens making you look like you don't know what you're doing or talking about making you feel two inches tall. It's a joke. More turnover then any other company I've worked for
loved my residents
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 9, 2016
I loved working there because of the residents. They made my days fun and exciting. I learned how to be patient with people.
Colorado Portfolio is a Joke
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2016
The Colorado properties/ownership are simply a joke. The properties are not at all run the way MN training says Dominium manages their properties. If you're wondering why you can't keep a certain property staffed, listen to the previous employees. Everyone can't be wrong. The pay for 112 unit property in Denver is ridiculously low considering the roles played by the manager (including case worker to an extremely needy demographic that consume ALL time) and reporting/training expectations by corporate.
Even my "mentor" was a joke. She intentionally back door'd systems to create the appearance of better NOI to make numbers then blamed on me when the write offs came to corporates attention. Once I proved her actions to the regional, regional said their hands were tied as that manager was "protected by the VP and couldn't be touched". Same mentor told a resident to f'ng deal with it or don't". May want to reconsider who you allow to do your training!
Most people within the corporate office seem to be pretty fantastic and supportive for the most part ... just a major disconnect at the site level.
Cons
use and abuse mentality, low pay, lack of support from mentor and regional
Very Stressful; Unnecessary Reporting Practices; Overworked!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 14, 2016
To say the environment was stressful would be an understatement. Minimum of 20 - 30 repeated information reports due monthly. CRAZY! No clear directive until something is done wrong....then you get direction from everywhere and none of it the same. The time and steps it takes to get anything done is unreal. Improper training to do what is expected and the company wants 12 hours of work crammed into 8 hours everyday. Corporate level support staff talk to you like you're an idiot when you ask for assistance. The entire workload is passed down to site management level and you are constantly asked to report on the same things repeatedly. Too much work for the pay.
Pros
The properties are newer and well maintained for the most part.
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits, lack of structure, too many reports

Want to know more about Dominium Management Services?

Ask a question
Great Company To Grow With!!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work is like any Property Management job, you see to the residents needs, you follow through on any items that need to be finished up, you collect the rent and maintain the property.

I have learned to not fear my employer, knowing I have a clear chain of command and a supervisor who actually cares about my input and opinion.

Dominium's culture is to engage their employee's even at the lowest level creating an atmosphere of US together, instead of YOU against them all.

The upper management is organized and efficient, creating ways for us to complete our jobs more efficiently as well, which takes the stress out of our task loads.

Their policies and procedures are outlined and re-emphasized through regular training and updates, and you are only an e-mail or phone call away from someone able to help you through any task you may have issues with.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing I work for a company that runs itself with integrity and honesty. It feels awesome coming to work every day.
Pros
great benefits package, huge growth opportunities, great company culture, fun atmosphere, awarded for great performance
Cons
I have not found a single one.
Overstressed, underpaid and no upper level support
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 5, 2016
Learned that the appearance of a company persona is not always the truth. Too much turn over. Too little help. Too much workload. Unnecessary obligations. Three days of PTO for a whole year? Who ever heard of such a thing?
Pros
Cons
Many
No organization,chaos, no training, sink or swim, horrible HR and management
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 19, 2016
I should've listened to my gut.....and the reviews. Day 1, you are solely responsible for a portfolio with zero training and are expected to make deadlines. Nobody is on the same page. Most of the time spent trying to figure out how to proceed as everything is constantly changing and just depends on who you ask. Zero support from management. Everyone is too busy, extremely stressful, and work environment extremely clicky. 90% of employees seem to be white male under 25. Turnaround rate is ridiculously high. In my 5 months over 5 people left in a 20 person department.
Pros
Free lunches, flex time
Cons
Horrible benefits, favoritism, unorganized, stressful, high school environment
Wonderful group of people
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 11, 2015
This was my first property management job and I learned so much from my superiors. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to help! Their corporate staff was great!! Lots of support.
Pros
Employee recognition
Good place to work, benefits are okay.
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 2, 2015
Fund place to work with great culture and a driven management. The company strives to continue to grow and become one of the top leaders in affordable housing. The benefits are not that great, pay is below average and health insurance is not that great. Overall a good place to start and gain experience.
Pros
Many corporate events and free lunches and dinners
Cons
Pay and healthcare benefits
Stressful would be an understatement...run fast.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louus,MoApril 29, 2015
I think Dominium does well to try to make a great work environment. Problem is the work load is tremendous and management is over bearing. You will not be happy for long as I found the case to be. Discrimination is a concern if you don't like cliques. Use them as a stepping stone, but keep looking for employment. Do not go to Homer G Phillips in St. Louis. It's a sinking ship. Complete head ache for Maintenance Supervisor.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management. Clique environment.
Maintenance Tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIJuly 30, 2014
enjoyed the work know everything about its building. First boss was great but second boss was one that thought she know it all. Co- work didn`t have anything to do with me and was hard to do you work. I enjoyed working by my self
Nice place to work and live
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMarch 31, 2014
High quality apartments with good management. Great to have flexible hours.
The "prime" years
Multi-Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 9, 2014
This was a very good period of time to work for Dominium as they experienced rapid growth. Overall a great group of co-workers, experienced growth within my work and really enjoyed the daily work responsibilities with great support from the people in the company. Great leadership to look up to and work with.
Amazing company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 9, 2014
The ONLY reason Im no longer an employee of theirs is I was forced to relocate and they have no openings in my area, I do however continue to check as they have been the BEST company I have ever worked for or with!!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Pros
Excellent upper management & training
Cons
Not enough openings in all areas, (Although if you dont mind moving you can get in)