Dominium Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

No organization,chaos, no training, sink or swim, horrible HR and management
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 19, 2016
I should've listened to my gut.....and the reviews. Day 1, you are solely responsible for a portfolio with zero training and are expected to make deadlines. Nobody is on the same page. Most of the time spent trying to figure out how to proceed as everything is constantly changing and just depends on who you ask. Zero support from management. Everyone is too busy, extremely stressful, and work environment extremely clicky. 90% of employees seem to be white male under 25. Turnaround rate is ridiculously high. In my 5 months over 5 people left in a 20 person department.
Pros
Free lunches, flex time
Cons
Horrible benefits, favoritism, unorganized, stressful, high school environment
Good place to work, benefits are okay.
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 2, 2015
Fund place to work with great culture and a driven management. The company strives to continue to grow and become one of the top leaders in affordable housing. The benefits are not that great, pay is below average and health insurance is not that great. Overall a good place to start and gain experience.
Pros
Many corporate events and free lunches and dinners
Cons
Pay and healthcare benefits
Great Company To Grow With!!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work is like any Property Management job, you see to the residents needs, you follow through on any items that need to be finished up, you collect the rent and maintain the property.

I have learned to not fear my employer, knowing I have a clear chain of command and a supervisor who actually cares about my input and opinion.

Dominium's culture is to engage their employee's even at the lowest level creating an atmosphere of US together, instead of YOU against them all.

The upper management is organized and efficient, creating ways for us to complete our jobs more efficiently as well, which takes the stress out of our task loads.

Their policies and procedures are outlined and re-emphasized through regular training and updates, and you are only an e-mail or phone call away from someone able to help you through any task you may have issues with.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing I work for a company that runs itself with integrity and honesty. It feels awesome coming to work every day.
Pros
great benefits package, huge growth opportunities, great company culture, fun atmosphere, awarded for great performance
Cons
I have not found a single one.
Wonderful group of people
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 11, 2015
This was my first property management job and I learned so much from my superiors. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to help! Their corporate staff was great!! Lots of support.
Pros
Employee recognition
Stressful would be an understatement...run fast.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louus,MoApril 29, 2015
I think Dominium does well to try to make a great work environment. Problem is the work load is tremendous and management is over bearing. You will not be happy for long as I found the case to be. Discrimination is a concern if you don't like cliques. Use them as a stepping stone, but keep looking for employment. Do not go to Homer G Phillips in St. Louis. It's a sinking ship. Complete head ache for Maintenance Supervisor.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management. Clique environment.
Overstressed, underpaid and no upper level support
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 5, 2016
Learned that the appearance of a company persona is not always the truth. Too much turn over. Too little help. Too much workload. Unnecessary obligations. Three days of PTO for a whole year? Who ever heard of such a thing?
Pros
Cons
Many
Poison
Finance (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 27, 2013
Walk on eggshells, but even that doesn't help. Management looks for trouble and manufactures it if they can't find some. Emails are read and monitored. Workload is unbearable. Promises are made about raises, and then are not approved by owners, after they have strung you along for months. All senior employees have left the company because of the toxic atmosphere. Low wages, long hours, lousy insurance.
Pros
they throw a lot of 'happy hour' parties, but it is noted if you do not attend-in your review!, what fun is this for us non drinkers.
Cons
honest hard working people have to make ethical decisions, that go against their core values everyday, at this company
Amazing company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 9, 2014
The ONLY reason Im no longer an employee of theirs is I was forced to relocate and they have no openings in my area, I do however continue to check as they have been the BEST company I have ever worked for or with!!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Pros
excellent upper management & training
Cons
not enough openings in all areas, (although if you dont mind moving you can get in)
Stressful, overbearing management style
Residential Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJune 19, 2013
The property and staff on site were wonderful. The upper-management constantly forced you to sign off on mis-represented forms. The misappropriate funds and blame lower level staff to cover their tracks. Unpleasant upper-management!
Pros
great residents and on-site staff
Cons
devious upper management
The "prime" years
Multi-Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 9, 2014
This was a very good period of time to work for Dominium as they experienced rapid growth. Overall a great group of co-workers, experienced growth within my work and really enjoyed the daily work responsibilities with great support from the people in the company. Great leadership to look up to and work with.

Want to know more about Dominium Management Services?

Ask a question
Maintenance Tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIJuly 30, 2014
enjoyed the work know everything about its building. First boss was great but second boss was one that thought she know it all. Co- work didn`t have anything to do with me and was hard to do you work. I enjoyed working by my self
Would never work for them again.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2013
Very disorganized.
Tries to do make ready turns in two days.
Don't have the proper equipment to maintain the pools.
Always behind on parts ordering
Can't get any help when needed
Cons
already stated some above
This company is great to work for.
FULL TIME COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 31, 2013
Manage a Section 8 and Section 42 Property. Although it is challanging, The compnay is great.
Pros
pay, employees, managment
Cons
health care, always on call, distance from home
very personable staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 26, 2013
my co- workers were great, the job itself was just what i was looking for.