Domino's
2,514 reviews

Domino's Employer Reviews

its fast paced work
Manager (Former Employee), oregonMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours flacky staff
can be challenging however time goes by fast. can start to blend and you are always under staffed. better be prepared to work
Good co-workers and fun enviornment to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Work is not hard
Cons: Many customers do not tip drivers.
Many days there is a constant rush of deliveries and this keeps everyone very busy. I've learned to manage money and to deal with a new computer system. The workers are very nice and a pleasure to work with. The hardest thing to deal with is can be the customers when they are upset about something and refuse to allow the store to assist them better. The tips that we take home are very helpful.
Tough place to work
Customer Service Representative/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day essentially consists of taking orders in person and through the phone, helping to make the pizza and then delivering pizzas to customers.
productive fast-paced enviorment
Assistant Manager/Call Service Representative (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free canceled orders
Cons: Never a set amount of hours
Team-Work is key for the perfect quality and quantity of a product. Every product must be made fast, with the right amount of ingredients & the customer is always right.
Chaos
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grand RapidsMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot about how to make pizza
Cons: Pay was terrible, and managment was unreliable.
The management was disorganized and only thought about the bottom line. Turnover was a big problem at Domino's. I worked there for only 6 months and I must have trained 10-12 people that ended up quiting because they didn't like management.
fun fast paced work setting
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Butte, MTMarch 25, 2015
a typical work day starts with prep and ends with driving pizza all over town. The managers are pretty great, and the most enjoyable part of the job is being on the road all day long.
NOT A GOOD EXPIERIENCE
csr (Current Employee), tamarac,flMarch 25, 2015
I am grateful for the opportunity, but the compensation was not what I was looking for. My manager was not very organized so that made things a little more difficult than necessary
Bad hours, inconsistent leadership at executive levels
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Decent pay.
Cons: No breaks. Ever.
No help available, executives don't know what they're doing when dealing with store-level employees. Difficult to get approval for vacation that has been earned. Everyone has a complaint. Bosses, employees, customers. The hours are terrible, and the only thing that keeps people employed as managers is the pay. Difficult to find a better job when A) they can't match the pay, and B) you're at work all the time anyway. No time for family, friends, baseball games, choir concerts, Cub Scout camp-outs (weekends? forget about it.). Everyone moves SLOWLY to get anything done at the corporate level. And the technical help, HR department "People First" (hah!), and the payroll department are the worst I've ever seen. How can you not know how to get employees a paycheck on time, on pay day? How can you ask me "Did you unplug it and plug it back in?" And just try to get workman's comp here. Good luck.

The only good corporate-level employees they have are the local Houston marketing team, because the national marketing team is made up from a bunch of fools as well. They have no idea how to make things work. "You Got 30 Minutes" was an awful campaign a few years ago. The new specialty chicken STILL has customers confused, asking for the new "chicken pizza". The NAMES of the chicken, like "Classic Hot Buffalo" when there is already an item called "Hot Wings" that uses buffalo sauce. There's a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza that doesn't get any ranch on it. There's the "handtossed" pizza and the "handmade pan", so customers get confused because it is unclear to those who are – more... new, because the names are far too similar! What are they thinking!? Do you know anyone who goes to McDonald's and orders a Whopper? Unlikely. You know you're gonna get a Big Mac. But how many people know what an Extravaganzza, Ultimate Pepperoni, or Meatzza are? Likely, they will call them Supreme, Pepperoni Lovers, or Meat Lovers when they order from us, because McDonald's and Pizza Hut hire all of the good marketing people, and everyone knows their product.

Job security is awful. You can be a terrible low-level employee and stay for years, but as soon as you move up, you can get fired just because your subordinates don't like you (usually because you make them do their jobs). I have seen, over and over again, they keep the bad employees, making every accommodation for them, and get rid of the ones who actually know what they're doing.

Believe me. Work almost literally anywhere else. – less
middle management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Washington Court House, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: payroll
in the year I worked there they went through 3 General Managers. The people in charge seemed to have a problem with payroll. sometimes our checks would bounce.
Working for Dominos
Delivery Expert, Cashier & Food Prep (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 23, 2015
A normal day working for Dominos includes simple food prep, delivering food to customers in a timely fashion, and taking customers orders and accurately handling their money.
Fast Paced Place to work
Delivery Driver/ Pizza Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 23, 2015
Start off the day by getting your bank (till) so you can make change for the customer, as well as to ensure the items ordered by the customer are still hot and delivered in a proper, timely, courteous manner.
The workers are fun to work with
Cashier/CSR (Former Employee), Ariapita Avenue, TrinidadMarch 23, 2015
It is an ok company to work for. It is a challenging place to work.
They pride themselves in delivering the best pizzas and if a customer is not satisfied, they usually throw in something extra.
productive workplace not enough money to be made
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Aberdeen, MDMarch 22, 2015
does not give enough hours, does not pay well. a fun place to work but just is not the right job for me, A typical day is clock in and immediately get right to work.
Fun and easy job
Delivery Expert (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 21, 2015
Great job for going to school due to flexible hours
The company is pretty well organized and is pretty laid back
Best if you know how to perform maintenance on your car
Can get hectic when busy, loved everyone I worked with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free pizza, employee discount up to 50%, good people, laid back environment, grants requested days off
Cons: short to no breaks, low pay, strict uniform policy
I would make pizza and take phone calls all day, occasionally doing dishes.I loved all of my coworkers but the turnover is high. I went through a lot of managers in my short period of employment there. Customers can be demanding like any job, and it can get hectic and stressful when it's busy. Lots of rules on how you need to look while working there. Perfect job for teenagers looking for a first job, and any one looking to be a manager you can become a manager easily. Drivers are paid $2.00 less than an in-store employee, but can make great tips.
It was a typical work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 19, 2015
I learned how to have great customer service here as well. I loved learning how to make different pizzas, I also loved being apart of the competitions they had for pizza making.
Not a bad place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at domino's. I only left for a higher paid position. Overall, I would say it is a decent place to work. The people for the most part are nice, and everyone works as a team.
Laid back environment with personable management
Delivery expert (Former Employee), Spearfish, SDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: food discounts, tips
Cons: dependency on tips
This job tested my ability to multitask which was very beneficial because it forced you to adapt to environments you may not typically be used to. The sometimes fast-paced environment would probably be the hardest aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part would be either being around delicious food all day/night or being able to work from your own vehicle.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Washington, NCMarch 18, 2015
I delivered orders to customers homes and businesses in the Washington, NC area with speed and passion. I enjoyed meeting many of the fine residents of Washington, NC
Not the best job, if you can get something better, go and get it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: if you like pizza, free pizza every once in a while. the place next door has good horchata
Cons: low wage, low hours, tips are not very good, unprofessional, dead end, bad smells, making the pizza sauce.. etc.
Low wage, low hours, dead end job, and you go home smelling like pizza and trash. Management does not respect your schedule, and neither do your coworkers for the most part. Very unprofessional culture, assistant manager had problems controlling outbursts to customers, and did not have the best customer skills. Store manager was better, quicker, and a hard worker, nothing really bad to say about him. Also, you have to use your own car, and you only get paid $1 per delivery. Not a very good work place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Domino's

Our roots date back to a single store that opened in 1960 in Ypsilanti, Mich. Since then, Domino’s has grown to become a – Read more

Domino's Salaries