Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 4,399 reviews matching the search
My time at Dominos
Driver Trainer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 5, 2016
I started working at Dominos in April of 2013. My time there started off really fun it was exciting fast paced, and I could make a quick 100 easily. But as time went on we had new managers come and go and the turn over rate was extremely high. It became increasingly apparent they don't support employees with a family, in which might take time away from work. They also almost never get you off when scheduled often staying 2-3 hours past your time off. It was also a tremendous ware on your vehicle which you don't get compensated for. But the people were great the customers were great, but outside of that the fun factor fell short quickly. Over all it taught me to not, not speak up when mistreated and to take advantage of opportunities given because they are far and few in between.
Pros
enjoyable customers and co-workers discount on food.
Cons
never off on time no vehicle reimburstment not pro family.
Easy going but good workers.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COJune 5, 2016
When I first started at domino's I was payed 8.32 in the store and 5.32 on the road, it was very overwhelming wasn't used to how they worked and driving around as much as I did i got lost often at first. Over time I learned the area and was able to get better with it but still had trouble getting there on time with multiple orders. The management team always were upbeat and weren't to hard about it knowing it happens sometimes and usually let it go but would try to motivate you to be faster next time as well as be more aware of the streets so you know where you are going. My co-workers were very polite and hard workers trying to keep everything clean and ready on time we always had fun in the store though as we worked it was a family environment.
Productive and fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
My time at Dominos was outstanding. I started of as a CSR but quickly grew into the top cook at my location. They have excellent management and provide young men with the opportunity to build up their resume with hard work. They provided me with key essentials to have when working for a fast food industry. They even go far to teach how to manage your hard work and work full time. They have excellent product as well.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Benifits
Expectations shattered
Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 24, 2015
It was somewhat good money. Good tips. But horrible working conditions. The management would guilt trip me for taking my legal breaks. Yelling was commonly coming from the GM. No compensation for vehicle wear and tear. I was forced to sign a contract limiting my first amendment rights with regard to the company. In-fact, I may be breaking the contract with this review, though I feel the contract is unconstitutional. The co-workers were genuinely good people.
Pros
Get to drive, Tips
Cons
Horrible management, HORRIBLE
Pleasing and satisfying customers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2016
Interesting Job Im driving around town delivering pizza. In store answering phones taking orders cleaning up keeping things sanitary. I Learn how to cope with other and very experienced in driving a motor vehicle. Co workers are very nice its a friendly environment. Hardest part of the Job was customer complaints. Management was very particular and strict based on sanitation and customer satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the Job was the entire Job it self driving around in a circle eating Pizza.
Pros
Free Pizza collecting cash tips
Cons
putting milage on your vehicle
Interesting, and Productive Place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 30, 2016
This was my first job and it helped me learn a lot about the work place environment. I learned how to greet and help customers with their orders. I also learned how to handle rude customers, and what to do to prevent a customer from becoming disruptive. The hardest thing to learn was how to quickly make food for the customers, and making sure the order was right. Even though the day could be hard, the best part of the day was actually coming in because that was when me and my co-workers would be able to socialize while preparing the food for the night shift, this was also the most important time because later in the day we did not have time to prepare more food.
Pros
Meeting people, learning new skills, helping co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks, worked mostly at night, rude customers.
Opportunity for growth if one is seeking a professional career in the restaurant business.
Customer Service/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work with Domino's pizza varies from day to day. As expected in the restaurant service industry, some days are busy while other days are less active.

Management is trained well and equipped with the necessary tools to guide employees.

The most difficult part of the job is sometimes the physical aspect... learning to maneuver terrain with items in tow!

The most enjoyable part of the job is fellow co-workers and being able to enjoy the outdoors.
Pros
Scheduling Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
It's a great place to work and has potential to become a career.
Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Bridge City, TXAugust 27, 2016
If you're not like me and haven't quite found what you want to do make a career out of yet, Domino's is a fantastic place to work. The environment is great, the workers are amazing, and overall it can be a lot of fun. It can be stressful sometimes during a rush, but for the most part everyone gets along and has a good time. If you are unsure of what you want to make a career out of, Domino's has options to turn your job there into a full career if you enjoy it enough!
Pros
Free Lunches, Good money as a driver, Flexible
Cons
No real breaks, not amazing hours, stressful at times
I enjoy working at Dominos but I am seeking a job that uses more of my skill set and training.
Pizza Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2016
Typically at Dominos I work inside the store whenever I am not driving on a delivery. Inside the store, I answer the phone, label boxes, prepare food orders, complete the final prep on food and package in appropriate box. I also fill the beverage machine, do dishes, fold boxes and assist management. When I am delivering an order, I drive to the appropriate address, cheerfully greet the customer, complete the financial transaction and place their purchases in their arms before returning to the store for another delivery.

I have learned to interact cheerfully with a wider variety of people and encourage them with "small talk" during the delivery process.

I enjoy my co-workers and managment. We are a great team and work well together. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids jump for joy when the pizza lady arrives!
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great commute, awesome management and co-workers
Cons
Extra mileage on car, lack of longterm benefits.
Fast paced, stressful job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hubert, NCJune 29, 2016
A typical day at Dominos Pizza depends on the store you are working in at the time. My store was much too small for the amount of business we put out, equipment kept breaking (A/C especially) and rush hour business depended on sports, military paydays, and social security deposit dates. The positive side from working with this company was the business management and food safety/food management classes that I was able to attend. I also learned much about customer service and customer relations. With this said, we still managed to keep good numbers and meet corporate standards.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
work hours, corporate politics
Fast pace, Hard work that pays off.
SHIFT MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peyton, COJune 5, 2016
We all started doing a little bit of everything. The rushes were incredible and definitely made you work hard and efficiently. As a part of the management, we made sure that every co-worker and driver was assisted as much as our customer. I was proud of my crew, always team players with maximum effort. The hardest issue I encountered was impatient customers, our drivers had to deliver all over the Falcon/Peyton region and it got rough sometimes. I loved see the customers smiling faces when we made amazing food in just minutes, and how good it felt to serve it up with a smile.
Pros
Whenever an order was messed up, or one of us were hungry, we got free food!
Cons
Waiting on the oven, the slowest part of our team.
Fun and fast paced environment
Delivery expert (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTAugust 23, 2015
Fun and fast paced yet balanced environment. I learned how to find addresses quickly and safely. I also added to my skills in doing math in my head. Management and co workers recognized hard work and praised a job well done everyday. The hardest part of the job was finding addresses as not every house is on a grid and I was delivering to new houses every night. Overall, this was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Fun, friendly, occasional free food
Cons
Wear and tear on car, no benefits
Low Energy/Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2016
I had to quit this Job because of the mental drain it had on me. My coworkers hated working there, and hearing them complain all of the time took a toll on my morale as well. The hours were ridiculous. My shifts would start at a given time and wouldn't end until a manager cashed me out. This could be 6 hours, or it could be 12 hours. It was usually the latter. I would get home after working a 9-12 hour shift, typically around 1 or 2 in the morning, and then have to go back at 11:30 and begin the grueling work day anew. I would clock 50-60 hours a week but most of those hours I was only getting paid at a rate of 5.00/hr. Although I made pretty decent money, my salary ultimately depended on tips. I made pretty decent money but employment at that Domino's was not worth the stress, not to mention the miles I put on my car.
Best job i've ever had!
CSR Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LANovember 11, 2015
fun and fast paced, meet lots of new people, coworkers and management are like family, great benefits, delivery gives lots of experiences and fun, team work is a must, making pizzas is a breeze, takes alot of practice to learn to slap dough, but well worth it.
Dominos
In Store Marketing (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, CAJuly 13, 2015
The staff would always work together, however, it was the management that really hit this establishment into the gutter. Professionalism was not common place with most of said management, which is one of the reasons I quit. The workplace was always clean, as I was expected to clean along with other trainees, but sexism was common in this particular store.
I worked only once or twice a week or sometimes not at all, and I was through with it, so I quit.
I do not believe I ever had a complaint from a customer, and I handled them in a very professional manner.
The hardest part of the job was going there itself, but the benefits out did the rest, I know what I am good at now and what I am bad at.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Health care, unprofessional environment.
It was an okay work enviornment not to organized more stress than comfort.. Or easy days.
Delivery expert converted into assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 16, 2016
Just overall not impressed it was okay for the start, but once you learned the ins and out of this company there's alot of shady characters and seems to be no loyalty everyone is all for self kinda get in where u fit in no unity at all. Unorganized amd more stress than peacefulness if your lookin for quick cash and have patience u can deal with dominos if not probably not the place to be.
Pros
Free food sometimes easy money.
Cons
No breaks lazy employees unorganized.
fast work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10455July 27, 2016
Working in Domino's is unexpected how easy or how harsh the day goes. while working at this company i learned how to make pizza, how to store food in its perfect dempature, and how to quickly solve unwanted problems. I believe that starting new friendships co-workers is the best part if you have the right people on you're team. the hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace when things get hectic or maintaining personal control. the most enjoyable part of the day is spending it with people enjoy.
Pros
pizza discount, 401k plan
Cons
very short break, no sitting
It's a pizza job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXAugust 3, 2016
Again, it's a pizza job. Expect a good portion of your income to be tips. The good thing about that is, when the timing is right, the tips are awesome (one night, I made over $100!) The bad thing is is when it's not, you're hoping for more runs during periods when there's just no business.

Small work environment - it is a small business. You literally rub elbows with people on more than one occasion. It can get a little claustrophobic. However, that's the fun of deliveries - getting in your car and getting out for a bit.
Pros
Laid back, flexible within reason, tips
Cons
Slow periods are /slow/, small work environment
About the job
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 13, 2016
Is a good experience of job. The principal focuse is teamwork and individual development of employees. The most important is Domino's believe in oportunities. My co-workers were excellent and were very helpful to me during my performance in Domino's. The hardest part was keeping myself studying the policies and procedures of products in order to be updated with all stuff. I like so much the oportunity to work in a company that belive in oportunities. I just want say: Thanks Domino's for giving me the opportunity to show my skills and acquire new knowledge.
Easy going and fun to work
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 28, 2016
Working for dominos has been a fun filled learning experience. My manager is one of the best managers that I have ever worked under and the team he's put together is great. I've learned a great deal of customer experience and understanding that in this industry the customer is always right.
My co-workers are fun to be with and we always do well working together. The hardest part about this job would be when its slow at work. When its busy, the store runs smooth and efficiently. But when its slow, the day just drags on.
I enjoy the job. Being able to drive my own car and relax on the road while working is a change of things.
Pros
Listen to music in your own car and make decent money
Cons
delivering pizzas is degrading

2.9