Donaldson Company, Inc.

Donaldson Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

Questionable Corporate Culture
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 9, 2013
Pros: interesting line of work
Cons: poor corporate culture
I worked for the “Industrial Air Filtration Division” of Donaldson for almost 15 years. For the first five years of this time, the job was pretty good, actually enjoyable. Even though working for Donaldson did not perceptibly become less than good until about 6 or 7 years into my career with them.

In the first couple of years, medical insurance went from a 90/10 split to an 80/20. Ok… They just came into line with most other companies, but then later down the road, they started pushing High-Deductible Health Insurance Savings Plans (which were aimed at younger employees), while making traditional plans (chosen by older employees) much more expensive.

I watched as management turned over from people who lead, to pencil pushers who could care less about the people they managed (or their customers) as long as stock prices where good. Field support dropped to almost nothing, as the company kept reducing head count in the support departments. I have watched as many good people, hard and productive workers, have been terminated or punished because they voiced their opinion of the company’s direction

Making sales was more important than meeting the customer’s needs. Equipment which had not been adequately tested for performance was pushed onto the customer with little to no concern of the expense the customer would face. The only customer complaints that were truly followed up with were those customers whose purchases were large and valuable. Smaller customers were generally left to fend for themselves.

In closing, I feel that if the Donaldson Company does not take steps to address its current corporate culture, it will soon start to see an exodus of employees and customers to their competition.

June 25, 2013

Agreed also the HR folks are so pro-management, it's sickening and some managers there are very questionable in the leadership practices (or some did not have any to begin with) Glad I quit there and working for a better company then this.