DONALDSON COMPANY, INC Employee Reviews

This is a secure company and has very good compensation and benifits.
Machinist, production (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I spent 17 years here so it couldn't have been too bad. It has great benefits and good wages. There are times of no overtime and then times of a lot of overtime. They are Union and have advancement and time off guidelines set. Having time off between Christmas and New Years Day was always nice! Production is just what it is.
Pros
Good benifits and time off at the end of the year.
Cons
I felt that many supervisors were more interested in numbers that people or quality.
Diversified company with aggressive customers
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to develop a career. I learned lean six sigma concepts in action. I enjoyed traveling to suppliers' manufacturing sites. This helped during tough negotiations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Stressful at times
Productive, team-based work, plenty of overtime if needed.
Bodyline Operator (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAOctober 1, 2015
A typical eight hour day production job manufacturing products (air filters) on a rotational assembly line. Worked with other operators to insure a quality product is made and exceeds customer needs and satisfactions. Learned a lot about root cause analysis to identify and fix issues involving machinery and quality. Management was fairly easy to get along with most days and almost all other employees were great to work with. Had the best benefits of any job I'd ever had but was sometimes difficult to work at a fast pace during a hot/humid day.
Pros
Good wages, benefits including paid vacations and holidays, and overtime pay.
Fine place to work, not a place to advance
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2015
The people are great, but hard work and accomplishment are recognized with a pat on the back instead of advancement or additional compensation.
Pros
The people are great to work with. Good benefits.
Cons
Not much chance for advancement on the technical side.
Internship
Business Process Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 21, 2015
My experience at this company has been very valuable, especially in the change management realm. I've had exposure to domestic and internaltional teams and business functions. The company doesn't invest in employee development. It also doesn't take many risks within the industries it's compelled to lead in.
Overall good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2014
It depends on the department/division you work in.
Some divisions are great to work in.
Some departments have unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
HR doesn't respond to you
Loved the job
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOAugust 12, 2013
I knew when I arrived at work everyday that there would be a new challenge for me to deal with, in the manufacturing world it is a constant change with customer orders and plant expectations.
I know my shipping and inventory job very well and the management did not mess with me and let me do my job as it was required.

My advancements in the business over the 12 years i was there were based on my job performance and i was nicely compensated for what i did.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was making and meeting customer expectations on shipping their orders.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 3, 2013
Donaldson Company is a great place to work. They value their employees and also produce high quality products. No job is perfect, but I have usually felt very well supported my the management group.
A secure company that gives back to the community!
SR. CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 16, 2013
Donaldson is a well established company that is worldwide. I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the department I was a team member of.
Pros
cafeteria in building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DONALDSON COMPANY, INC. Our community is ready to answer.