Donaldson Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great people that work hard and are very friendly
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 21, 2015
Long hours and 6 to 7 days a week. People treated me good and where just like family. Good money and good benefits. Very skilled employees working hard
Run for the hills
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 8, 2016
Place is like a live reality show. Management and HR are all inept and large. All they do is eat all day. Employees are all insane.Supervisors are incredibly useless and could give a toot about making filters. And everyone does drugs.
Pros
Cons
heat, stupid HR, overtime
Terrible Corporate Culture and Questionable Ethics
entry level manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 14, 2015
I worked at Donaldson for 2 years, the entire experience was somewhere between bad and horrible. I would never work there again regardless of pay. Very unethical company and the corporate environment would cause me to lose sleep every night because of the shady actions of other employees and the standard practice of sanctioning anyone who stood up for doing the right thing rather than going along with the managers. Very negative experience.
Pros
Decent vacation time
Cons
To many to list
Good company for the complacent
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 3, 2014
Good company if you do not want to advance and can accept a complacent culture. Very stable company but is still rooted in a matrix philosphy with a early 20th century attitude. If you stay off the radar you don't have do anything.

Good company for someone looking for a stable environment with change being very difficult to implement.
Pros
autonomy, global presence
Cons
pay scale at the bottom of the middle range, give a niggardly subpar cola they sell as a raise
High turnover- No job security
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rensselare, INOctober 28, 2013
Indiana Distribution center, during the 6 month period I worked there , I have witnessed the let go of 4 engineers and 6 managers, 250 employees. the Company profit was strong but it was the hunger for more profit. Bad company to work for, stay a way.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
bad corporate managements
Very Stable company
Gulf Coast Region Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 16, 2013
Typical Corporate Company
Internal and External challenges
Basically no taining program
Good people to work with
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
corporate old school mentality with slim to zero training program
steady work , lots of overtime
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 27, 2015
steady work, with lots of 6 day weeks. hot noisy environment, with many good quality coworkers. lots of room for advancement from the starting level.
Pros
many nice coworkers, paid holidays.
Cons
much overtime, and limited pay.
Be careful
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 5, 2012
Promotions are based on degree level and boys club. Insecure managers don't like employees who know more about products and procedures. Average 60+ hours per week to meet deadlines and tasks when higher level engineer with no benefit. Must still keep up on emails when on vacation.
Pros
good peers
Cons
long hours with no credit and no return for loyalty
busy organized operations great co-workers
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 13, 2013
Learned large scale sctructual steel fabrication. Assignment requirements where clear and detailed. Co-workers where friendly and helpfull when needed. Management was engauged and concerned about your advancement. The hardest part of the job for me was it's location and the cold winters.
Pros
co-workers, work load
Cons
locations
Local Sales office for a global corporation
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PASeptember 15, 2014
My position at Donaldson was the best working environment; very professional. I learned and strengthened my customer service skills during my employment. There isn't much to say except I wish I had continued to work there after my daughter was born. Customer service was top priority but was never stressful. I have great memories of the people I worked with everyday. My favorite part of this job was understanding the different kinds of equipment we manufactured and being able to assist Regional Sales Managers and their customers.
Pros
great working environment and occasionally a free lunch
It is a decent place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 21, 2012
The pay is good but you work way to many hours. The management needs to learn to work together. They try to hard to compete with each other instead of working together to get the job done.
Productive atmosphere
Production Line (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Would like to go to work everyday. Enjoyed my supervisors and coworkers, everyone seemed to have a great attitude. Would work on and off line in production.
Pros
having a great place to work
Cons
decided to go back to school and was forced to quit
Overall good company.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2012
Promotes sharing of best practices. Work life balance. Ability to schedule your day. Everyday is different.
Pros
work life balance.
Cons
very conservative company.
Stable work environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 16, 2013
Solid company with sale and growth. Eight hour work day. Coworkers are team orientated and work extremely well together. The hardest part of the job is being on one's feet all day. The coworkers make the job enjoyable.
Great company
Transportation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 16, 2014
Corporate logistics went through growing pains back in '07 but it was necessary. Overall I loved working at Donaldson.
Very Poor Mgmt in A/P
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 20, 2012
A/P Dept was very poorly run. Huge turnover, low staffed, no procedures/policies. Everyone on their own, poor training.
Complicated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 27, 2012
The company was overall a good company to work for. Products were fun to understand how to enter.
Manufactoring Filters
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MONovember 14, 2013
Usually trying to get the late orders out and snowballed from there.

2.9