Donaldson Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Java Dev. Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 11, 2016
Overall a very knowledgeable work environment and internship set up previously. Lots of professional experience to be gained in the short 3 month contracts.
6 day work weeks and poor communication
Spinner (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 10, 2016
I really enjoy the people that I work with. Most work very hard at doing their jobs while having fun doing it. Being a member of a Value Stream Steering Team in 3 different departments, I have learned more about Lean Manufacturing, safety, and processes. The most difficult part of my job is when people do not seem to understand the ideas and concepts that we are supposed to be using on the production floor. The most enjoyable part of my job is simply knowing that I did everything I did each day to help our department.
Pros
Good pay and great health benefits
Cons
Poor communication from management to hourly employees, hours of work
Interesting industry but declining fortunes as a result of poor management
Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2016
Many skilled people and interesting work, management has gradually grown remote and controlling to the point that little can now be achieved going forward. Employee benefits have been cut year over year and ongoing layoffs have destroyed much of the good-will of employees. The company has forgotten that customers and employees are as important as shareholders.
Pros
Interesting work, nice people
Cons
Lack of leadership and poor strategy leading to lackluster growth and future opportunities
Challenging
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 30, 2016
Donaldson, is a fun a challenging environment to work for.
They seek top of the lines systems to run and host there environment.
There s always a new project to work on and or plan for.
Management are on top of there duties and allow employees to share there knowledge.
Loved working there but I had to take a long time personal vacation to visit family members in Europe.
Pros
Your Telent counts
Cons
Building /Location
good place to work
ACAM operator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 7, 2016
Easy and challenging, great place to start a career. I've learn about packaging, date codes, and operating machine. Management is overall good. Friendly coworkers and hard working. Nothing really hard about it and i enjoy most when operating a machine where i check my own work.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work but slow to move up in
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at Donaldson, the culture is generally really good. There was always something interesting to be working on but at them moment the business is struggling so there is push to be more innovative but I don't feel they have the tools or patience to do so at this point. You don't ever get promotions, you are expected to apply for a new position if you want a promotion, you don't just get bumped up to the next level after doing a good job. That was extremely frustrating because I liked where I was at and didn't want to move to another group.
Pros
Good People, Comfortable environment
Cons
Lack of promotions and career growth
AMT was a fun group to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 23, 2016
Donaldson is a great company but they are going through financial difficulties and laying off people. Lots of opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
Great people and bennifits
Cons
Going through layoffs
leaders in filtration
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 11, 2016
great for someone learning about filtration systems and the need to learn about machinery and how contamination causes equipment breakdown and lost time
great place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 4, 2016
Great hours, friendly co workers and a great boss. Main office staff always available to help anytime. Good pay and a fun office to work in and a good company to get recognized for a job well done.
A Good Company with a long history
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 26, 2016
It was a good place to work for. People were friendly and the teamwork was typically strong. Like all businesses though, money is the end goal and sometimes the only way they can achieve the profit they need is unfortunately to cut good people loose
Productive fast paced
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INMarch 17, 2016
Not the most organized, takes a person willing to learn on their own. Up and down sales, very operator dependent. Fast pased limited budget.
This company closed 2015
Welder/Fab/Press Oper/Inspector/Light Maint (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IowaMarch 16, 2016
I loaded and setup departments according to blueprint and route sheet. Assembled and welded items and got ready for painting or packaging. Also included driving Forklift, using Overhead Crane and setting up presses as well as operation of , and maintaining my equip as well as helping others maintain theirs. I learned to Weld with proficiency and to be a team player. Management was stiff but fair. This company and it's co-workers were like family all had many years of service. The hardest part of my job was the overtime required. I really enjoyed the team work effort.
Pros
incentive plan, and great benefit package
Cons
short breaks, lots of overtime and very hot in summer
Very productive and open atmosphere
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place to work even if you know nothing about filtration. The company still feels like a family business even though it is 75 years old and a global business. A lot of room for advancement both vertically and horizontally.
Awesome Company
Conference Center Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
People in this company were awesome to work with! Colleagues often referred to it as "DLJ Family". I made friends with everyone I met there on all levels of the company.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
General Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAJanuary 27, 2016
Depending on job you are doing and I had enjoyable work environment for the majority of time while employed. some areas were very frustrating and hard on body. Amount of overtime could occasionally cause hard time with family and functions.
Great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Needed improvement on management skills and careless towards residents.

Enjoyed most of the time spent with Donaldson Group due to co-workers and interactions with residents.
My first experience with fixed income portfolio managment
Associate Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
Majority of my day was spent talking to business clients regarding their positions of their portfolios and what was available within their risk parameters to replace called and/or expiring trades.
Pros
Learning portfolio management
Cons
setting at a desk all day
Solid work Environment
Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2015
Great corporate work environment. Ample opportunities to grow and get promoted from within. Conservative business culture. Supportative colleagues. Highly recommend Donaldson as an emploer that foster a professional image.
A FAMILY like atmosphere
Supervisor/Welder (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AlOctober 13, 2015
I'd come into work and print out schedules for my depts. Walk to the floor and check that I have all employees accounted for in each dept. Set up the order to run the schedule in order to make ship dates. Meet with the other supervisors to make sure we can run all lines efficiently. 9am we would get together with management to assure there is efficient work for the next shift coming in @ 3:30pm. I would say the hardest part of my job was having to send employees home when there was not enough work. The enjoyable part is to see the smiles on the faces when I participate and help or when they reach goal.
Pros
Company wide bonuses monthly
Cons
Not enough work to maintain 40hr work weeks
Great place to learn as a Maintenance Tech.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 26, 2015
Flexible hours (8-12), hard working employees, most supervisors treat you right. Work atmosphere is decent for the most part. Maintenance shop is extremely short staffed.