Donaldson Employee Reviews

Great company
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 24, 2017
Enjoyed the job very much and looked forward to each day. The upper management were great and easy to interface with. The middle management left a lot to be desired.
Pros
Very progressive
Cons
unforgiving
Great Place to work!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 13, 2017
A great place to work. The people and management can't be beat .
Hours are 7-3 and they have FLEX time which is something that most companies DO NOT offer.
Challenging but meaningful.
Principal Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing Tech (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 10, 2017
Management makes all the difference. Not all of them are good but my current management team is great. Highly supportive and empowering while setting solid goals. With their support and a lot of hard work I have finally fulfilled my original career goal by reaching Principal Engineer. I love what I do and believe my department is making life better for all of the machine operators who will run the equipment we design. The only real negative is the high level of travel required in this role.
Stable Company to Work for
Contract Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 16, 2016
I worked at Donaldson for over 18 years. I only left due to personal family issues, otherwise I would still be there. They give multiple opportunities to try other jobs and encourage opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great Benefits, Educational Opportunities
Cons
Weak HR Dept., Work from Home flexibility
Good place to work to support a family
Assistant Lean Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 16, 2016
Donaldson was extremely good to me during my years there. They went out of there way to help my family when needed. I appreciate the people who work at the Nicholasville plant. The workers are extremely intelligent and nice.
Pros
Always giving us free lunch
Cons
Hard to advance
Fun people to work with
Assembly Operator/Backup Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dixon, IL 61021October 6, 2016
Easy job, easy to work with people. Learned a lot about the company and how the air filters are built. They take their time to train you right.
Productive workplace
Java Dev. Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 11, 2016
Overall a very knowledgeable work environment and internship set up previously. Lots of professional experience to be gained in the short 3 month contracts.
6 day work weeks and poor communication
Spinner (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 10, 2016
I really enjoy the people that I work with. Most work very hard at doing their jobs while having fun doing it. Being a member of a Value Stream Steering Team in 3 different departments, I have learned more about Lean Manufacturing, safety, and processes. The most difficult part of my job is when people do not seem to understand the ideas and concepts that we are supposed to be using on the production floor. The most enjoyable part of my job is simply knowing that I did everything I did each day to help our department.
Pros
Good pay and great health benefits
Cons
Poor communication from management to hourly employees, hours of work
Interesting industry but declining fortunes as a result of poor management
Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2016
Many skilled people and interesting work, management has gradually grown remote and controlling to the point that little can now be achieved going forward. Employee benefits have been cut year over year and ongoing layoffs have destroyed much of the good-will of employees. The company has forgotten that customers and employees are as important as shareholders.
Pros
Interesting work, nice people
Cons
Lack of leadership and poor strategy leading to lackluster growth and future opportunities
Company Culture
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2016
Donaldson has a great company culture that fosters a healthy work/life balance and creates a productive and successful environment.
Challenging
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 30, 2016
Donaldson, is a fun a challenging environment to work for.
They seek top of the lines systems to run and host there environment.
There s always a new project to work on and or plan for.
Management are on top of there duties and allow employees to share there knowledge.
Loved working there but I had to take a long time personal vacation to visit family members in Europe.
Pros
Your Telent counts
Cons
Building /Location
good place to work
ACAM operator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 7, 2016
Easy and challenging, great place to start a career. I've learn about packaging, date codes, and operating machine. Management is overall good. Friendly coworkers and hard working. Nothing really hard about it and i enjoy most when operating a machine where i check my own work.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work but slow to move up in
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at Donaldson, the culture is generally really good. There was always something interesting to be working on but at them moment the business is struggling so there is push to be more innovative but I don't feel they have the tools or patience to do so at this point. You don't ever get promotions, you are expected to apply for a new position if you want a promotion, you don't just get bumped up to the next level after doing a good job. That was extremely frustrating because I liked where I was at and didn't want to move to another group.
Pros
Good People, Comfortable environment
Cons
Lack of promotions and career growth
AMT was a fun group to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 23, 2016
Donaldson is a great company but they are going through financial difficulties and laying off people. Lots of opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
Great people and bennifits
Cons
Going through layoffs
leaders in filtration
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 11, 2016
great for someone learning about filtration systems and the need to learn about machinery and how contamination causes equipment breakdown and lost time
great place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 4, 2016
Great hours, friendly co workers and a great boss. Main office staff always available to help anytime. Good pay and a fun office to work in and a good company to get recognized for a job well done.
A Good Company with a long history
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 26, 2016
It was a good place to work for. People were friendly and the teamwork was typically strong. Like all businesses though, money is the end goal and sometimes the only way they can achieve the profit they need is unfortunately to cut good people loose
Productive fast paced
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INMarch 17, 2016
Not the most organized, takes a person willing to learn on their own. Up and down sales, very operator dependent. Fast pased limited budget.
This company closed 2015
Welder/Fab/Press Oper/Inspector/Light Maint (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IowaMarch 16, 2016
I loaded and setup departments according to blueprint and route sheet. Assembled and welded items and got ready for painting or packaging. Also included driving Forklift, using Overhead Crane and setting up presses as well as operation of , and maintaining my equip as well as helping others maintain theirs. I learned to Weld with proficiency and to be a team player. Management was stiff but fair. This company and it's co-workers were like family all had many years of service. The hardest part of my job was the overtime required. I really enjoyed the team work effort.
Pros
incentive plan, and great benefit package
Cons
short breaks, lots of overtime and very hot in summer
Very productive and open atmosphere
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 13, 2016
This is a great place to work even if you know nothing about filtration. The company still feels like a family business even though it is 75 years old and a global business. A lot of room for advancement both vertically and horizontally.