Donaldson

Donaldson Employee Reviews

awesome company I,ve ever worked for
Account Payable Dept. Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Pros: Amazing Firm to have worked for
Cons: when the company sold
Started at DLJ as a mail clerk & quickly advanced to a sprvsr position within the company. Soon there after, I was offered a position with the Accounts Payable Dept. within the company as well. The professional work environment & caring people made me look forward to going to work everyday knowing that my day was going to be a wonderful day. When the company sold to Credit Suisse, a big part of me left with the DLJ, but I will always credit them for everything that I have learned throughout my work years with the company.
Work alone
Operator (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMay 21, 2015
Pros: They have the best healthcare benefits
Cons: poor management
You have the ability to work at your on paste. No one ever breaths down your back. It's a very hot plant but you are pretty much to yourself. They have monthly meetings to keep us informed on the lastest news. However, we need more management that knows the actual jobs on the floor instead of the paperwork.
Donaldson
Operator (Former Employee), IndianaMay 13, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks, expensive insurance, few vacation days. A lot of line break downs
Donaldson was an easy going work environment. I practically did the duties each and every day. Every once in a while, I palletized.
Clean work area and very productive place
Funnel Setter (Former Employee), Frankfort, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free meal after no accidents in the work place, paid lunch
Cons: healthcare, short breaks, no stability
I work in an area of 4 people in this area, one is running the machine, I am with the other 3 and we exchange our job every hour: one person cuts and glues the paper, one uses seam sealer to seal the glue to the paper and the other funnels the paper into the metal part of the filter. The hardest part of the job is funneling the paper into the metal part, cause there is a technique to getting it to pop up and as its popped up to slide it off the table and into the metal part of the filter. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the job itself and the hours. My boss was the best, when things were rough on the job he would still have a sweet personality toward my co-workers and myself
Donaldson Sales
APPLICATION AND ENGINEERING SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mid-AtlanticApril 14, 2015
Donaldson is a great company with great people is outside sales roles. Listen to the senior sales people and you will learn faster than you can imagine. They will also give you fantastic insights into how they sell (which is a very confusing way to go to market) but it WORKS. Upper management likes to shuffle people around.
Has been going downhill in the past five years
OEM Account Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 8, 2015
not focused on customers. Management more concerned about moving the wrong people into middle management. Directors do not stay long enough to see strategies through.

Co-workers work hard and were the best part of coming into work.
Great place to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Riverbank, CAMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work unless you are looking for a career. This work changes with the seasons. Very strict about safety, which I like very much.
Reputable Company History
Global Engineering/Business Unit Manager (Current Employee), Dixon, ILMarch 15, 2015
Very challelleging job overseeing a specifc high security trade secret department. This role includes al aspects of managing a plant/business.
I wouldn't advise working there because of management
General assembler/Dispense Operator (Former Employee), Frankfort, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
Setup computerized machines to run and packed. I had good co-workers that always did their jobs just not good supervisor, he was on a power trip.
Productive and Fun
OE Aftermarket Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Everyday was something different. Made coming in exciting to see what was going to happen that day!

My everyday consisted of:

-Taking in over 100 calls a day.
-Trying to cross reference competitor part numbers to Donaldson numbers.
-Trying to find the correct product for the customer.
-Working with Key Customers on shipping issues and dealing with proprietary products.
-Being a Key Team Player in helping others with all of our processes
-Working out of 3 email boxes - answering all emails within 24 hrs -Managing 8 different customers
We were the "Top Gun's" of Wall Street
Merchant Banking - Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: sold to credit suisse
I learned a lot from my colleagues, Tony James, Ron Moelis and Guy Waltman. At that time in NY we were the smartest guys in the room...First Investment Bank to go public. Business came to us through our research department headed by Frank Lacase
Nice people to work for.
Filter Assembler (Current Employee), Greenville, TNJuly 11, 2014
The work is fast paced production work. The job isn't hard, but its repetitive.
Exec Asst promoted to Banking Asst
Banking Assistant - Investment Banking (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2014
Pros: creative abilities, perks and structure
Provided confidential, time sensitive, analytical and technical assistance to 37 Investment Bankers. Collaborated financial, analytical, confidential and time sensitive findings to propose and secure acquisitions with Fortune 500 and privately held companies. Created, compiled and arranged internal exhibits, research, financial documentation, charts, graphs, projects, projections and analysis to guide the determination of appropriate transactions proposed. Arranged confidential meetings involving national and international bankers, company executives and board members. Handled all aspects of global travel and materials to publicize, promote and increase company stock value after the completion of an acquisition.
Created, coordinated, promoted & handled on-site management of yearly automotive conference in New York, involving Wall Street’s top analysts, bankers and extensive attendance records that involved executives at various sized companies within the automotive industry. Created and managed presentations, travel and entertainment for speakers, conference materials, custom gifts for attendee and entertainment throughout conference dates to enhance future business acquisitions.
Excellent place to work. Dedicated to doing things right!
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMay 30, 2014
Fast paced work environment with high expectations, but no micro-management!
Very efficient atmosphere
Freelance Computer Graphic Artist/Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2014
Cons: worked thru a agency so my hourly rate was low
Felt like coworkers were very knowledgeable and professional. Typical dad report to manager and grab folders to complete changes and projects as they come. Go over what is needed expected from manager. Complete each task as quickly as possible. Proffread work and return.
to work in a professional and comfortable environment
Shipping Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: positive individuals
Cons: negative individuals
I would like to be in a woking environment thats positive.
It was a multi-cultural environment where everyone got along.
Helpful Co-workers and managers.
Laboratory Technician (QC) (Current Employee), Ivy land, PAMarch 18, 2014
The managers clearly elaborated on the purpose of QC testings and the data analysis that is done after data collection.
Great Company
Account Executive - OEM Engine (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2014
Pros: technology leaders
Cons: growth opportunties, training, information fragmentation & leadership
Great History & Product Line, Innovative and Technologically Driven.
a close nit family enviroment
Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 22, 2014
none stop a lot about steel hard as nails quiet but good reading blue prints getting your numbers and putting out a good product
Fiscally conservative, profitable with strong values.
Finance Manager, Exhaust and Emissions (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 3, 2013
Donaldson is a successful, fiscally conservative company with strong values. They are not known to excessively compensate employees but treat them well and promote within the organization.

About Donaldson

Grime fighter Donaldson is cleaning up the industrial world. The company makes filtration systems designed to remove contaminants – Read more

Donaldson Salaries