DONAN Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow
management (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2017
Donan is truly a great place to work. I have been with the company for 3 years and I have watched it grow, evolve, and innovate at incredible speed. If you want to be part of a team that is always forward-thinking, fast paced and invested in the success of the company, its clients and its employees, Donan is the place for you.
Pros
work/life balance, compensation, atmosphere benefits, internal reward programs, opportunities for advancement, new technologies, dynamic leadership
Cons
Change is not always fun but it is necessary and can be so exciting, Donan has chosen to adapt and change in order to lead in the marketplace and be client-focused.
Good place for entry level tech to learn about causes of failure
HVAC Forensics Technician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 4, 2017
Poor management, scheduling was not productive, had to block weekends as busy or they would schedule you to work seven days a week.I was told no lay-offs not a seasonal job, got laid off in October.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Always by yourself, everyday.
A company interested in the success of its employees
Forensic Civil - Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2017
Forward thinking company striving to be the best in the business. Real interest in equipping their employees with the pertinent knowledge of the business to be as successful as possible.
Pros
work from home
Cons
lots of writing
Flexible hours. Good combination of working outdoors and in the office
Forensic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Very good work/life balance. Interesting and diversified projects. Company is growing and this will continue. Benefits could be better, especially 401k.
Pros
Great/Work Life Balance
Cons
No professional growth
I LOVED working there. I wish it hadn't have been temporary.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work for, humble people and a great environment. Really easy to get along with and very positive people. If I could work there again and become permanent I would enjoy it. I believe in my 30 years of living, this was by far the best place I have ever worked! You don't find companies that are this humble.
Pros
Bible studies and prayer
Cons
Temporary job
Micro-management at its worst
Senior Forensic Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2016
The senior management team in Louisville are horrible, they lead you to believe that the low salary is justified by their comp-time and bonus structure. In reality you get no work/life balance and they give a moving target to achieve your "target bonus". During my time with the company the requirements to achieve the bonus changed every year.

Regional managers with little to no experience in forensic engineering are chosen to lead entire teams of engineers with years of experience. Promotional opportunities appear to be more based on choosing "yes men" for the senior management team than promoting experienced engineers capable of leading a team of forensic experts. The employee retention is the worst I've ever experienced.

On the plus side, they do provide a company vehicle for you to drive (never mind that its rolling billboard advertisement for the company). They literally choose your car, your phone, your computer, the color pants you can wear, and expect you to buy shirts from them with their company logo (last name) embroidered on them.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything about the job
Good Startup company
Forensic Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2015
A good company to start up your Engineering Career. Flesible schedule but only part time work at first. Will keep you trained in your area of expertise.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No local offices
ok if a small work place it what you are looking for
CSR (Former Employee) –  KYMay 28, 2015
They do stress a work / life balance but make it so that if you're sick then you can't take vacation without taking it without pay. The office is small and over worked. Want you to learn a system from experienced people who are in the corporate office.
Pros
They do have snacks in the office and sometimes free lunches.
Cons
So much work that breaks are non existant.
Enjoyable career, great work environment.
Forensics Technician/Lightning Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Travel to various location and investigate HVAC for failure and diagnose cause. Enjoyed using all of the skills I had learned over the years. My co-workers and managers were terrific, very relaxing atmosphere. The hardest part was the overnight stays but, the company did it's best to handle those situations.
Pros
The Company as a whole
Cons
travel
Horrible management team
o Wed Developer/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2014
I've been doing IT for 25 years and I have never seen a worse mgmt team in my life. They absolutely refuse to listen to any recommendations from their IT team and let themselves get sold down the rode by consulting companies and pie in the sky mgmt team members. Would not recommend this company to anyone who wants a real future in IT.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Weak mgmt team. Low pay & benefits. Mgmt team was built through the buddy system
good company to work for just pron to lay offs
Forensic Technician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 29, 2013
great job great people a different place to work not like others will go back when called on
Pros
great job
Cons
lay offs every year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DONAN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7