Donna Karan Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172April 29, 2016
Like a fashion store, always was nice to see the new oufit, the managers and coworkers are nice person.
happy to was working there
Very productive
Fabric Coordinator (Former Employee) –  550 7th ave New York NYMarch 24, 2016
Organize fabric rolls, leathers, and trim. Making sure the cutters, and Designers had their fabric as needed. Delivery production garment from the sample room to the production room, Making sure Donna Karan bins were neat and organize as she wanted. learnt a lot about the industry especially about cloths and how to dress, culture, different foods from different places. Management was great especially my bosses. All my co-workers were and still are awesome, from all walks of life from, It was like the UN there, that's one of the things I really like working there.
Working long hours.
Everything about it!
Pros
Cons
Donna Karan sold the company to LVMH and things started to changes, took many years for it to change but eventually it did.
Fun place to work
Fabric Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
I loved working for Donna Karan but she sold her company to LVMH and a lot of things changed afterwards, many people got laid off and so on
Fantastic and fun company.
Assistant Piece Goods Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJDecember 6, 2015
My typical day starts with reviewing inspection reports, learned how to effectively manage co-workers, management is open minded and supportive. My co workers are always very helpful always willing to giving a helping hand.
Pros
employee disount
Cons
no cons
A great internship experience
internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
Have learned a lot, they are willing to teach and train interns. They wont let you work until very late. They will me challenging creative projects, which are a great practice of my skills.
Creative company
National Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
People love the product. It makes for happy co-workers -- creative environment. I learned how to be extremely analytical while working for Donna Karan.
Pros
Smart, well paid employees.
Cons
Employees work too many hours.
Creative and overall a great company!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2015
I was with DKNY for almost six years. It allowed me to explore my creative side while learning the business end of the company. At the time it was a smaller company and everyone was very supportive and always fun to work with. Donna Karan herself would leave personal voice mails to employees that accomplished something great. The team I worked for was fun and very successful at the same time. I will always have wonderful memories of my time with DKNY.
A very enjoyable workplace
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Due to the structure of the building each day was different, it presented something new and different each day. One day could mean coming in to a flooded basement or current of live electricity on the shop floor. I learned to trust my instincts and think quickly.
I worked with a wonderful group of people.
Pros
a very aesthetically pleasant work place
Cons
not much room for growth
This job was a personal job with the family
House Executive Care (Former Employee) –  East Hampton, NYJanuary 12, 2015
No information is given due to this was her own personal home.
Pros
great location, clean, fun, personal
Cons
long hours, no advancement, no benefits
A good customer service is a key to success
Senior Sales Executive/Fashion Consultant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
In everyday dealing with the customer is a fulfillment to consider
developing your communication skill and
giving a good/satisfactory service is the most important of it all.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
overtime
Informative
Global Marketing and Advertising Co-Op (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2014
This was definitely a great co-op to have, you gain a lot of exposure to the industry and have the ability to participate in many events.
People were great.
Product Development Specialist- Denim/woven (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Teams worked nicely together. Small teams, but effective.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
budget restraints
love people
Assist customer (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 2, 2013
I enjoy people I love working with them this is the most enjoyable part of my job is to talk with others and make them happy seeing a smile on their face is the most rewarding part.
I liked to juggled with multiple task and always prevail, while not losing focus on priorities.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJApril 16, 2013
Responsible for shipping and receiving, the hardest part was that the company was separated 2 director's same co. I can excel at most highest levels in a fast paste distribution center, very good under pressure and excellent time management.
My co-workers will remembered me as being the most complete supervisor/manager they ever seen in a warehouse,i done it all in the operations with extremely high energy levels at all times.The employees had too much leverage because the contract the company had with the union, that was the hardest part of working there.
Pros
free coffee, 2 breaks and a 37.5 hour week
Cons
1 company segregated 2 directors
Very professional and organized
Design Intern Fall 2012 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2012
The first thing I noticed about the company is that they are so organized. Everything falls in place, and everyone who is working there are really nice people and they seem to really enjoy being there. I learned a lot from DKNYC team, and had a great time interning there. It's a very good experience for either working or interning.
Fun, fast paced job environment, with fun people to work with.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service, customer captures, customer conversion, registers, and making sure the customer leaves with a smile and visits us again. I've learned how to approach people, convince people, and satisfy all my customers as needed. I also learned how to use the registers and about Donna Karan herself as well as her company. Management is good and fun to work with. My co-workers are also fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when it is dead and there are no customers because without any money coming in there are no hours for the us. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can speak to people from different cultures and country's. They are really fun to talk to and you learn a lot about their countries.
Pros
10 minute break, the co-workers, great pay.
Cons
no benefits, short shifts, and no hours when dead.
Best company I have every work for. People were just great
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2012
this is the best company I had every work for. I would love to find
something like this company again.
Pros
i loved the company, it has all advancement for all departments
Cons
there was nothing about this comany that was bad

4.6