Donnelly Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Workplace with a Great Culture
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2016
Donnelly is a great place to work, especially if you're in school, just out of school, or looking for a stepping stone. Everyone in the company is genuinely warm and friendly. Even the more serious people are super nice. Every level of the management team is eager to help veterans and new hires alike. It's just an all around positive environment. They have a "caring committee" that helps organize volunteer efforts and various charitable actives. Also, there are two corporate chaplains to help employees with differnet issues. The hardest part of the job is assisting the occasional irate customer. However, the training department does a great job of helping employees gain the skills necessary to diffuse difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a good laugh with coworkers in-between calls and also making stress free, no pressure sales. I learned how to communicate effectively, quickly handle difficult experiences, and deal with customers from all kinds of backgrounds. It's really encouraging seeing the management team working just as hard as everyone else, you can tell that they are down to earth and that they really care about their employees. You won't make a million dollars right off the bat, but they did roll out a new incentive program recently that rewards top performers with some serious extra cash. The incentive program has many different targets (productivity, call quality, etc.) so if you don't hit one specific target, you'll probably hit some others and get a bonus.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes (PF Chang's yesterday)
Cons
15 minute breaks
Don't Do It!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
You have been warned!!!!!!!! They don't care about their employees and don't pay enough. It's best to just go ahead and stay away.
Pros
Co-Workers can be nice
Cons
Everything else
Donnelly Communications
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls for third party contractors. I learned the skills on how to make placements and orders for customers. The management was displaced in many ways, on many occasions I dont recall seeing my manager. My Co-workers were unsatisfied with the job in itself. The hardest part of my job was not having the right tools and resources to preform my job well. The best part of my job was the just the opposite in some ways I was able to have independence and utilize my best judgments.
Pros
Non applicable
Cons
lunches, breaks, time off
Over worked under paid, lowest paid call center ever!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2016
This is the worst job ever. Have you ever worked somewhere and the pay was so low, you lost respect for the job, then this is it.
Hated this place. Do Not work here period
Data Entry/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Horrible place to work. Very unprofessional. Does not take care og there employees. They should not be allowed to mistreat there workers.
Vibrant and Friendly Environment. Call Center set up just like A Michael Kors Store
Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part about this workplace was being a personal stylist over the phone while helping customers shop the brand. I learned how to suggest add-on items to improve productivity.
Pros
Free Lunch
"Unhappy Camper"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place because of the variety in shifts, the location, paid training, and the opportunity for overtime. However, 85% of the management staff are unprofessional and uneducated. 90% of the associates are the same. The owners are so aloof and on cloud 9 that it's not even worth the bother. I only started off with $9.50. Instead of the owners properly cutting expense, right after I received my $0.50 raise, they did pay cuts on everyone, but themselves and some of their favorites! Brought our pay down to $7.59 and some ever lower! They're more concerned with covering their hides, instead of making sure their associates can survive. I gave up on them after about 9-10 months.
Pros
A variety in shifts, the location, paid training, and the opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Unprofessional/Uneducated Management & Staff, Owners are Not Concerned
review of donnelly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaAugust 18, 2015
the pay was not competitive, the hours were not consistent although we were full-time. if it was slow they sent us home early or required that we take a longer lunch. management was not professional at all
Pros
worked with my significant other
Cons
everything i just mentioned above
Good Vision without the right Implentation
Michael Kors Help Desk Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Donnelly Communications, has been known for its outstanding service being provided to Clients of different calibers, by offering employees to work its customer service division. This includes, but it not limited to a call center for consumer support. During my time spent working for Michael Kors as a client, I was able to move up pretty quickly fulfilling a supervisors position within 3 months after hire, which soon was realized it was due to the Company's benefit. When the company was not doing well, we instantly suffered from pay cuts to ensure survival of the company. Being a hard worker since a young age, the un-stability of the company left me with no interest in remaining an asset to be put into use whenever the company needed me. The last straw was my supervisor role being taken, after the company stated they saw no need for it any longer. Donnelly Communications offers a good introduction towards learning the call centers in's and outs', yet if you are thriving on a career within this field, I would not recommend this company.
a day in the life of donnelly
CRS1/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2015
i handles over 100 calls a day, i had over 10 companies on my pulse sign on everyday was something new with the guest. I learned how to defuse angry guest with patients and good communication. My co workers was nice and we talked every now and then, but work was always the most important. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the guest feel like i was doing something important. Even though we only documented feedback and sent it over to upper management. We tried our best to help.
Pros
i learned alot
Cons
we really didn't help anybody
it is an ok place to work.
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working here but the managers need a attitude adjustment. As far as the calls go it was fairly easy. I would go back to this company.
look elsewhere
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
make sure this is your last hope before taking the job. If you take it, please do not stay for long. They'll screw you. Plus you do so much and paid very little (nine / hour).
Very professional atmosphere
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  atlanta,gaMay 26, 2015
a typical day at work would include answering inbound call while managing customer accounts. I learned that you should always remain professional and providing great customer service always makes the day go smoother.
Productive workplace with a welcoming environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Management does the upmost in assisting with customer complaints and questions that we are unable to answer as associates. They have provided through training for the job.
My Donnelly Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 9, 2015
My experience at Donnelly Communications was one to remember. I was given the opportunity to work with some great people and learn a lot of new skills. I quickly learned how to deal with complicated people and how to calm people in certain situations. Many of my coworkers were very helpful in assisting me in coming to a solution. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help a customer solve their problem by the end of the call.
Okay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,GAFebruary 11, 2015
Its a good company to work for. As long as you follow the rules and have good calls you won't have any problems working there.
Good place for seasonal work
Style Consultant/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 3, 2015
Got a job on the fly. came in knowing it would be seasonal. learned a lot, made some good networking connections. overall very solid experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for seasonal employement
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
pay
A good place to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2015
Donnelly has been around for a while. I like the core principles that the company was founded on. Naturally there are things that we all can improve on. Still, the consistent open communication from my direct manager and her open honesty makes this job worth it.
Donnelly Communications
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  atlanta, gaDecember 29, 2014
Like talking to people around the world. It is very challenging making sure that these customers get the best Customer Service to resolve there problems.
Pros
you can get alot of hours
Cons
pay needs to be better.
Busy call center environment
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Very busy call volume, large number of employees. Long days with productivity as the goal.
Cons
suspened breaks for agents.

2.8