Donnelly Communications Employee Reviews

Slow work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
It Started off great, but once the upper management became familiar with you, they started to slack off. I had to put in my two weeks notice before they even thought about promoting me.
Very high stress environment
At Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30309June 6, 2017
This company bought the company I had worked at for 7 years. I stayed on for 2 years before I resigned.
They claim to be a Christian company and some aspects of that do surface. There is a company Chaplain that everyone has access to.
You will be trained on a few clients and then given flyers as training on other clients or just be placed in other client queues to take call backs from customers. Eventually you will be taking calls for well over 20 clients.
They do offer at home positions however you will rarely, if ever, be able to reach anyone to assist you. I did have a higher success rate of reaching management during the day shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home. However they will call you at all hours to jump on and take calls.
Every time I took PTO it was scheduled incorrectly, not scheduled at all although I was told it was approved or approved but not applied to my check.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too numerous
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2017
It was a great place to work. With having different clients there was a different clients that called in so it made the day go by faster. With prior customer service experience the flow was easy to get into and the job was fun to be at.
Pros
Great management
Cons
job advancement
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Everyone stayed in their space and did their work. Not much interaction between co workers. Breaks were short and work days were long. I did however appreciate the opportunity.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks and no benefits
I love my job.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
I have worked here for almost 4 years.I have learned to love taking complaint calls from guest. I take compliments as well. I work from home which I love. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the guest and making them feel better after speaking with me than they did when they called.
Very comfortable workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Very comfortable and clean call center. Team Leads were friendly and always ready to help. Flexible work schedule and very organized company.
Productive workplace
Consumer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2016
Very Pleasant environment. The most enjoyable part about the job was the amazing Management team.I was able to learn and apply new skills from this position. The only challenge was the high call volume at times.I was able to master the new skill of maximizing productivity in a timely fashion in order to reach my goals.
Pros
Company Lunchings
Cons
Short Breaks
typical work day
Day Porter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
We just had 3 job fairs, for all the new coming employees management bought pizza and wings, we also weeks like spirit week for all the employees to participate to win games and prizes.
Pros
Free amenities are provided and Management provide lunch for the whole building.
Cons
People don't like to clean up behind themselves.
Very great place t start your work experience
Style Consultant for Michael Kors (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
Panera Bread was my first job and a great one to have. Very fun and professional. A typical day at work was very busy but I learned how to work fast and efficient which lead to my quick promotion to a Trainer. Management was great. They made sure that things were done but also not being too hard on their employees. My co-workers were great also. The hardest part of the job is the time; making sure that food and drinks were served on time and not keeping the customers waiting. The most enjoyable part was pleasing the customer when they saw how quick, happy and efficient we were.
Pros
The food is great, easy to catch on to, and nice people.
Productive and Fun Workplace with a Great Culture
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2016
Donnelly is a great place to work, especially if you're in school, just out of school, or looking for a stepping stone. Everyone in the company is genuinely warm and friendly. Even the more serious people are super nice. Every level of the management team is eager to help veterans and new hires alike. It's just an all around positive environment. They have a "caring committee" that helps organize volunteer efforts and various charitable actives. Also, there are two corporate chaplains to help employees with differnet issues. The hardest part of the job is assisting the occasional irate customer. However, the training department does a great job of helping employees gain the skills necessary to diffuse difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a good laugh with coworkers in-between calls and also making stress free, no pressure sales. I learned how to communicate effectively, quickly handle difficult experiences, and deal with customers from all kinds of backgrounds. It's really encouraging seeing the management team working just as hard as everyone else, you can tell that they are down to earth and that they really care about their employees. You won't make a million dollars right off the bat, but they did roll out a new incentive program recently that rewards top performers with some serious extra cash. The incentive program has many different targets (productivity, call quality, etc.) so if you don't hit one specific target, you'll probably hit some others and get a bonus.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes (PF Chang's yesterday)
Cons
15 minute breaks
Don't Do It!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
You have been warned!!!!!!!! They don't care about their employees and don't pay enough. It's best to just go ahead and stay away.
Pros
Co-Workers can be nice
Cons
Everything else
Donnelly Communications
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls for third party contractors. I learned the skills on how to make placements and orders for customers. The management was displaced in many ways, on many occasions I dont recall seeing my manager. My Co-workers were unsatisfied with the job in itself. The hardest part of my job was not having the right tools and resources to preform my job well. The best part of my job was the just the opposite in some ways I was able to have independence and utilize my best judgments.
Pros
Non applicable
Cons
lunches, breaks, time off
Over worked under paid, lowest paid call center ever!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2016
This is the worst job ever. Have you ever worked somewhere and the pay was so low, you lost respect for the job, then this is it.
Hated this place. Do Not work here period
Data Entry/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Horrible place to work. Very unprofessional. Does not take care og there employees. They should not be allowed to mistreat there workers.
Vibrant and Friendly Environment. Call Center set up just like A Michael Kors Store
Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part about this workplace was being a personal stylist over the phone while helping customers shop the brand. I learned how to suggest add-on items to improve productivity.
Pros
Free Lunch
"Unhappy Camper"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place because of the variety in shifts, the location, paid training, and the opportunity for overtime. However, 85% of the management staff are unprofessional and uneducated. 90% of the associates are the same. The owners are so aloof and on cloud 9 that it's not even worth the bother. I only started off with $9.50. Instead of the owners properly cutting expense, right after I received my $0.50 raise, they did pay cuts on everyone, but themselves and some of their favorites! Brought our pay down to $7.59 and some ever lower! They're more concerned with covering their hides, instead of making sure their associates can survive. I gave up on them after about 9-10 months.
Pros
A variety in shifts, the location, paid training, and the opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Unprofessional/Uneducated Management & Staff, Owners are Not Concerned
review of donnelly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaAugust 18, 2015
the pay was not competitive, the hours were not consistent although we were full-time. if it was slow they sent us home early or required that we take a longer lunch. management was not professional at all
Pros
worked with my significant other
Cons
everything i just mentioned above
Good Vision without the right Implentation
Michael Kors Help Desk Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Donnelly Communications, has been known for its outstanding service being provided to Clients of different calibers, by offering employees to work its customer service division. This includes, but it not limited to a call center for consumer support. During my time spent working for Michael Kors as a client, I was able to move up pretty quickly fulfilling a supervisors position within 3 months after hire, which soon was realized it was due to the Company's benefit. When the company was not doing well, we instantly suffered from pay cuts to ensure survival of the company. Being a hard worker since a young age, the un-stability of the company left me with no interest in remaining an asset to be put into use whenever the company needed me. The last straw was my supervisor role being taken, after the company stated they saw no need for it any longer. Donnelly Communications offers a good introduction towards learning the call centers in's and outs', yet if you are thriving on a career within this field, I would not recommend this company.
a day in the life of donnelly
CRS1/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2015
i handles over 100 calls a day, i had over 10 companies on my pulse sign on everyday was something new with the guest. I learned how to defuse angry guest with patients and good communication. My co workers was nice and we talked every now and then, but work was always the most important. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the guest feel like i was doing something important. Even though we only documented feedback and sent it over to upper management. We tried our best to help.
Pros
i learned alot
Cons
we really didn't help anybody
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
It was okay for the time being. I would love for the manager to talked to about the rudeness.Its a nice place for a single person with no children.
Pros
The nice people
Cons
The rude night time manager